Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:59 am

Post by Phate »

/confirm.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:34 am

Post by Phate »

Anybody played in a Porochaz game or Mishmash before? Is he a bastardmod?

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Phate »

Vote: Korlash

Let's just kill him now. -shifty-

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:35 am

Post by Phate »

I was going to post yesterday, but bluehost ate it. I'm not going to have much access until Monday. The essence of my post was as follows:

The argument between sirdan and Korlash was ~a waste of my time to read. It strikes me as two townies going at it - I wouldn't vote for either of them at the moment. Korlash's play is typical of the other game I've played with him (in which he was town). What interests me more are the people taking sides. I'd be alright with an armlx or SpyreX lynch.

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:52 am

Post by Phate »

Honestly, I've not had much time to keep up with this game at all. I don't want to flake out of this one because the mechanics interest me and I don't like flaking out of games in general, so I'm going to see if I can manage to hang in.

----

@farside: Yes, I was ready for a lynch on page 5, or rather to push for one. If one happened, that would be very revealing in and of itself. I am completely fine with very early lynches, as they tend to be informative for town.

----

[quote="ZazieR]You're last post was really off to me. [/quote]

www.wikihow.com/Use-You're-and-Your

That aside, could you be more specific? What parts of it did you think were off, and why? I mean, looking at my post from someone else's point of view, I can certainly see angles from which to attack it, but I want you to vocalize (you get what I mean) your arguments for yourself. Also, if you say gut, I'll find you and lynch you in real life. Gut responses are still triggered from external stimuli; you should at least be able to point out what in particular makes you leery, if not necessarily why.

----

The semantics arguments are not helping town. Failing to speak correctly is not a scumtell. Being 'overdefensive' when this is pointed out can be, but that's too subjective a can of worms to discuss as though it were a known quantity, and 8 pages of mostly grammatical hairsplitting is far too much.

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:33 am

Post by Phate »

Wait, Zaz... nvm. Missed the first part of your post, where you did give more detailed reasons. I'll get back to this later today after I catch up with prodding my players in my LN.

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Phate »

strife220 wrote:To me, this sounds like 'I was serious about the lynch, and if people bandwagoned and the lynch went off, I'd suspect all the bandwagoners.'
Am I wrong? Please elaborate in how the p5 lynch would have been informative.
Oversimplified but fundamentally correct. I'm fine with the lynch, but if it did happen so early, it would reveal a lot. For example, it would be fruitful to read each person individually in the page or so leading up to the lynch. Who acted as though it wasn't going on? Who jumped on late in the wagon? Who voted without reasons other than 'yeah, i agree'? On Day 2 we will likely know much more about the setup - Day may dawn with several of us dead in interesting ways, or with new abilities or information - in addition to the information we've gained from players' behaviors pre-lynch.

As for the grammar error, I'm obsessive-compulsive. The reason I pointed out that one specifically is because that was the specific post to which I was responding. And yes, I am a bit of a bastard, and it was a snide remark, and I do enjoy feeling superior to other people. This is a universal trait of mine. In Aimee's Veggie Mafia themed mini (I believe the link is on my wiki (which is hopelessly outdated, so if it's not and you don't feel like browsing around looking for it, I will link you to it)), I as vanilla town completely refused to respond in any way to a player until he cleaned up his grammar, which was painful to read. Before you admonish me, yes, I realize this is an anti-town behavior. My point is that I engage in grammatical nitpicking regardless of alignment or role.

And finally, I didn't use aforementioned nitpicking to belittle Zaz's points without addressing them; I hadn't read the top of the post, assuming that only the bottom was allocated to me, and so I thought Zaz's "just doesn't feel right" comment was all that had been said. In my next post, on the same page, I correct my mistake. I think this addresses all of your complaints.

I realize I've said this before, but I will really try desperately to post later today or tomorrow. I'm going to go study for the SAT (which I take tomorrow).

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:53 am

Post by Phate »

Alright. I'm sorry about this, but I was just snowed in for ~5 days straight, and I'm hopelessly behind. I gave it a shot.

Mod: I need a replacement.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”