Mini 702--Serum & Steel(The rust has settled/Game Over)

geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:29 pm

Post by geraintm »

/confirm and 4
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:57 am

Post by geraintm »

Vote: Wall-e

Serum: Wall-E

Mycosynth: wall-e
[/color]

as i said in my post, i would vote for the 4th person after me.
and i am lost already. my head hurts so much

my experience with mafia is that day one almost goes wrong, almost impossible to actually vote for mafia. but if there is someone i find scummy today, i am going to both lynch them and through them in the Mycosynth, can't see a reason at the moment not to have them linked for me today.

oh yeah, post 68 best i have seen in a long, long time :-)
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:48 am

Post by geraintm »

Timeater wrote:^ The amount of fail in the above post is just beyond comprehension
ok, teh colour thing went badly, what else was there?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:18 am

Post by geraintm »

ah, if that was it then yeah, it was a random vote. i almost always put a number in my confirm post and then vote for whoever posts that many after me
i thought they were having a go at my lynch and mycosynth the same person thinking
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:19 am

Post by geraintm »

Wall-E wrote:

1) Randomly. The odds that any one player is town are ~78%. If we went down the player list assigning the serum (or rolled a die each day) we'd have good odds of creating several pro-town power roles versus the scum's potentially only two or three.
i would just give it to the person i want to lynch, my day one instincts are so bad whoever i think is scum day one always turns out town
Seraphim wrote:Sorry about not posting sooner. Do you think someone could give me a brief summary of the posts besides the one guy claiming metal townie? Has anything else happened that should be brought to my attention?
lazy posting ^^^

timeater - would like to beleive him, but frankly i am scared at the moment, i don't like everyone trying to guess the mod's plans and tim's claim hasnt helped me much

serum, am iright in thinking then it gives something liek cop/vig for one day to a player?
Porkens wrote:I say we give no one the Serum, ever. Problem solved.
i see positives for both sides of the argument.
one, wrong hands = risky
but i don't think the mod wouldn't have put it in there if it wasnt for power reasons, he must think we need it, so saying never i donthink is a good idea eitehr.
i dont mind people campaigning for the serum, whether it influences me one way or the other depends on the person
i don't want it, i will go all William Tecumseh Sherman on you all
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:27 pm

Post by geraintm »

ortolan wrote:
I think it is in town's best interests to assign the serum each day, if it is correct as someone suggested that town proportion is around 75%. Unless of course to balance this the powers the scum gain from the serum outweigh the helpful powers the townies gain from getting it, to balance it out.
disagre, late game when the ratios migth have altered...
ortolan wrote: I also strongly get the impression that the proportion of mafia who are steel would be greater than the proportion of townies who are steel. I could be wrong, however it is also strongly implied by Timeater's role pm: "you decide to help the fleshies", assuming he is telling the truth about it.
gaming the mod, seems like a poor idea in this game at least untill we have one nights worth of info

serum: Tuberkulos

re: lurking
i try and post once a day at least, yesterday i couldnt i was at a conference.
but i am in the UK, and i am not online when most americans are on, so i never get the whole tiny post, then they reply, then i reply thing to boost my post count
i also dont post at the weekend
CF Riot wrote:
To
Wall-E
and everyone else, I think if you believe TE actually
is
metal, whether you think he's town or scum, you should
not
be trying to lynch him, as you are essentially voting to no-lynch. Also, if he is town, you are proving to the scum that he's metal without them testing it out with a kill of their own. (I doubt scum would try this, but you see my point.)
not quiet no-lynch, you do get the info on his metalicness, and day one when we have no info, might be better to go with that than trying to lynch scum when the odds are so bad.

Wall-E wrote:CF's right. I agree with the let's-not-lynch-TE-and-waste-the-lynch argument. Let's either mycosynth or ignore him for today.
i don;'t get this, what you hopig to gain from this? i truly believe he is metalic, so what you planning on doing once you remove that from him?

re orts posting on turbo's lurking. is his urking just in this game or site wide?

About annocing serums power, say person got a cop ability, and he used it and got innocent on someone. is it a good idea to post that straight up then?

and with everyone noticing turbos lurking, grem seems quiet poor too
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:50 am

Post by geraintm »

ortolan wrote:
Sorry, I don't understand what point you're trying to make.
he said asign serum every day. i said late game, might not be the best idea to do this

ortolan wrote:
No lynch may be a good idea independently of this (it is generally considered better for town to have an odd number of players. Am I right on this?) But I agree, I don't have any reason to doubt Timeater is metal. There is however some reason to be skeptical he is town.
surely that only applies late game, not at this early stage??
ortolan wrote:
Probably not, but there is also value in evidence for the town that the recipient of the serum was actually town-aligned. It is hard to know how to balance these two issues.
i just wanted to make the point i didnt think it was 100% a good idea to force the person to announce their granted ability and the results
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (isolation #7) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:41 am

Post by geraintm »

Wall-E wrote:Bah, four days to deadline.

Vote: Porkens
what was this for, besides obv bandwagon with the post above? you just impatient with deadline looming? wasn't just Spyrex who noticed it

reporting on serum - there has to be occasions when it might not be good idea to report back
some times, obv times you have to, but it isnt 100% either way

dislike anyone who has started to question the randomness of the serum for today. i have to sit there and wonder why they would do that.

with voting/mycoing someone, am still confused. there isn't anyone who has stood out, i would just be mycoing them for the hell of it
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (isolation #8) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:06 am

Post by geraintm »

CF Riot wrote: At some point, you have to throw someone in regardless of what they told you they are. I think Wall-E should be that someone.
i didnt like you trying to guess what the scum woukd be planning on doing. someone (i cant remember who, think it was Time) got toldoff earlier for assuming things about his likely night survival and what the scum would do

and why youpicking on wall-e?

porkens - i don't follow your logic on Seraphim, are you for or against him? you seem to doubt yourself by the end of the paragraph
ortolan wrote:
I don't see this either...Not that I'm accusing you or CF Riot, but it seems to me, that assuming Wall-E and Timeater are telling the truth about their roles (which obviously is a big assumption), then the best outcome scum could want is to mycosynth Timeater. This way they remove the metal from a townie who can then be killed. The second best outcome is to ensure the mycosynth gets wasted on someone, rather than potentially used on a scum who will then by lynchable. Funnily enough, these are the two positions occupied by Porkens and CF Riot respectively.
this appears to be good posting to me, i cant really disagree with ort's logic
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (isolation #9) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:09 am

Post by geraintm »

walle - what is the unvote for, the lynch, the serum or the myco?
can you eb that vague?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (isolation #10) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:16 am

Post by geraintm »

i am not picking on you, just you posted straight after i did and i was online, and you just unvoted with nothing else, was just curous was all
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (isolation #11) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:29 pm

Post by geraintm »

Wall-E wrote:
Vote: geraintm
huh?
what was that for?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (isolation #12) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:31 am

Post by geraintm »

ok, bit random there wall-e
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (isolation #13) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:27 pm

Post by geraintm »

Porkens wrote:@Gremwell; I don't want to assume that the law of averages applies to metal. Don't read this as outguessing the mod but; I don't think he would assign metal randomly to both scum and town. My gut tells me that most, if not all, of the scum are metal, and the town has few, if any, metal roles. My guts been wrong before, but until proved otherwise, I'll expect a worst-case scenario and go with it.
just starting to worry me your thinking, all coming from the claim by time...it seems like that little thing is clouding yor judgement too much
CF Riot wrote:For the last time there are
NO RISKS
in claiming flesh-town. It is absolutely safe. The only way to prove someone is lying about being flesh is to lynch them, which amounts to witch-trials because they're dead if they're innocent and dead if they're guilty.
i am making the assumption that there is now or might be in the future someway for someone to test someone's metalness without having to throw them into the myco...

CF_riot - dislike the trying to switch serum. it was random, and if he gets replaced, then that would be random too.

why have you chosen spyrex anyways??? was it random or you made a decision about him??

lynch cf_riot
myco spyrex

what, spyrex you are no capaigning for the serum too? you are not going to get it. you know as well as anyone it was randomly assigned. voting yourself isn't. naughty, naughty boy!
carrying on reading, this is based on cross-gaming?? really?????!
Illumina wrote:Interesting.

I think either we stall a bit until we know a replacement can be found for Tuberkulos, or serum someone else on a random basis.
argh! i signed up for the random seruming. i thought it was the best idea for today as i terrible on day ones in all mafia. naughty illuminia for trying to bck off this, esp as spyrex just revoted tuber...
ortolan wrote:lol...looks like Tuberkulos is back boys.

Good timing too.
what??
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (isolation #14) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:03 pm

Post by geraintm »

Argh!
this game is mad
i live in the UK, i post whilst at work in reply to what happens overnight and if anyone posts during the 8 or so hours i am there, i'll try and reply.
to come back to 5 pages of new posts that just make my head hurt...
I am realyl having trouble keeping up with this game, i am doing my best but i suspect things might slip through sometimes

firstly
lynch cf_riot
myco spyrex

i thought i had voted like this before, but was it because it wasnt in bold??

as best i can make out from yesterday, you are all mad. i can't workout why people are so sure that someone flipping scum clears people so well. It might help point to someone's alignment, but to clear them with nothing else...i can't see it.
i hate preplanned lynches, disagree with them, there is bound to be info that comes along tonight/tomorrow that will send us all off on a different track, so offering yourself up today in the hope of getting the guy you think is scum tomorrow, i won't go with.
had to get that off my chest now, will try and write more later today.
i am not on at the weekends though
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:03 am

Post by geraintm »

notgoing to be able to post again now till monday
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (isolation #16) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:48 pm

Post by geraintm »

just popping in very quickly to say i have seen the day restart, but i have meetings most of the day and so won't be able to post properly till tomorrow
sorry :-(
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (isolation #17) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:18 pm

Post by geraintm »

SpyreX wrote:
Geraintm: </3. He has been scattered. Honestly, he hasn't contributed much. I find the worry on the one vote he got a mild scum-tell.
Neutral-Scum. Lurker.
firstly, have to respong to this
i am not lurking
i don't post at the weekends, but i am in the UK and can't join in with your post fests every night. i am not far off at least one post every weekday. that is not lurking.

and am now going to go through everyon'es post and reply as i see things
timeeater
didn't like this. self voting, going for random seruming when we surely have better info that that as we have two people serumed...
if you were town, i can't see how you think voting for yourself would be helpful...

re:seruming
do the two who got it think the benefits are worth the risk of it going to scum?? no need to answer what your roles are with that Q.

timeater, post 697, i don't get what you are doing putting people in blocks, is this a good thing or a bad thing for you to be in red??

couple of posts about timeeater's plan. summary, as i find timeaer weird and not 100% protownish in my eyes (voting for himself and then producing helpful lists) i am not in favour right now of what he has said

feel night one has been a waste, all that serum and so far nothign to show for it. i feel all i can see are people being very unhelpful
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (isolation #18) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:32 pm

Post by geraintm »

Seraphim wrote:I think that if we have someone we think is scum, we should mycosynth them before we lynch them, and proceed in that manner. Hence...

Mycosynth: Ortolan
was that the royal we?
and when did you start think Ort was scum, i didnt see it in your posts??
Gremwell wrote:
so did we get anything of use off last night or was it a bust?
seems a bust. one serumed person is keeping info to themselves
the other used it in what appears to be a fairly useless manner
CF Riot wrote:
geraintm wrote:do the two who got it think the benefits are worth the risk of it going to scum??
I would say yes regardless of my own role and what the serum did for me. I dislike mountainous games. It's hard to say for sure because we don't know how much power the serum would give scum. I would assume not as much as town, but I don't really know.
thanks for replying.

Re: serum to whole town
we need to get this sorted quickly don't we?
is there any manner we think of using it?
it does appear now we have some sort of really slow vig possible with it, if there is someone whole can dole out the serum by themselves, they can give it to someone a second time and then not give it to them

time - why so vocal in wanting to be lynched. you keep on going on about voting blocks, but you got that from one days worh of votes...
you almost have me sitting there going that you must have a really odd role that invovles getting killed, or trike getting bounced ot hand so it can be replayed with its counters back on.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:28 am

Post by geraintm »

ortolan wrote:
"You are Glissa Sunseeker, town-aligned protagonist."
you outted yourself as glissa? with no one calling for it?
ortolan wrote:
I withdraw my previous position. I think that despite SpyreX flipping town, CF Riot is still scum. Thus I agree and I was somewhat naive to assume SpyreX's flip would clear CF Riot
think i said this at the time :-(

at timeeater - yeah, that vanilla thing, sorry.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:33 am

Post by geraintm »

Ok, back after weekend

liked CF's post 740, the part of mafia's postings about what he got at night

Porkens - someone later on asked the same question, role cup = scum why? not seen the role before in a game,s orry for beign thick
agree with ort being likely ok, glissa seems pretty good town role. still wish he hasnt come out with it

re:lynching time or mafia - if mafia turns out bad, can be serumed to be killed at some point in the future without being lynched

why did you want to myco me though porkens?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (isolation #21) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:49 pm

Post by geraintm »

Porkens wrote:
I'm not trying to make anyone feel ignorant, and I may be wrong. However, it's unusual, in my experience, for the town to have a role-cop.
is it at all likely there might be a 3rd party? i don't know the story well enough, could there be?

mafia - why being to reluctent to post in what Mod has said??
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #781 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:45 am

Post by geraintm »

Porkens wrote:
geraintm wrote: is it at all likely there might be a 3rd party? i don't know the story well enough, could there be?
Why do you bring this idea up?
it migth explainthe role cop thing. if it is unliekly due a flavour point of view, them it might push mafia to being more suspicous.

time - why you wanting to lynch porkens? why you protecting mafia somuch (well, at least that is what it looks like to me)

Note, not likely to be able to post much if at all till monday after today
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (isolation #23) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:51 pm

Post by geraintm »

am back from my weekend away
will catch up
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (isolation #24) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:43 am

Post by geraintm »

Vi wrote: But for the love of God,
this game is about finding scum, not politics of serum/mycosynth!
I'm all for not caring who gets the serum and mycoing whoever annoys me, and lynching scum.
agree with this. why i loved the quick random vote thing day one and hated anyone who tried to switch away from it
i did try on the 21st to push to get it quickly sorted out..didn't happen

Sorry my typing is so bad. i'll try and be better
ortolan wrote: Secondly, MafiaSSK. I don't see why his usage of his ability on Timeater was a bad move. Also; on Porkens point about him being "claimed rolecop"- I don't think this is necessarily the case- there is at least one alternative I can glean from his apparent breadcrumbing.
i just didn't like it, thought it was a waste, even now after investigating him, time isn't totally cleared or anything and if i have a cop role i want it to make damn sure it does something useful.
and he has been vague with his "i don't want to claim thing"
ortolan wrote:
@ Vi's point about my excessive reference to the setup: I am relatively new and was not aware discussing setup was widely considered a scumtell (
this is one game where flavour/set up probably intermingle a fair amount, like the blinkmouth thing

Sorry if i am not posting enough, i do try and do it 5 days a week, but last week had Thursday/Friday away from office

serum vigging - 24 pages too much to check, if we give mafia the serum again, he has to get it every day from then on in, is that right, or else he dies?
have thought about what serum-vigging him
Porkens wrote:
I've been completely anti-serum since the morning of Day 1. If some people want to Serum, in the early parts of the game (which we are almost done with), it should be Random. In the later stages of the game, it must be merit based on who's actually cleared.
do you consider today early or later? only day 2, but it feels late
Porkens wrote:
Vy wrote:As far as being certain that SpyreX would flip Town, why not try applying some of that certainty to finding people you know will flip scum?~
I'm pretty certain you are scum. MSSK too.
so your scenario is that mafia got the serum randomly, investigated time who bizarrely claimed day one before he knew mafia would get the serum, and then mafia decided to investigate his partner? that is the scenario you have come up with?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #843 (isolation #25) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:51 am

Post by geraintm »

Porkens wrote: So, as I said in another post; either MSSK or TE/VY is almost certainly scum.
I'm happy to hang either of them to find out which is true.

Geraintm, stop making excuses for your lurking plz.
no, you said they were both scum....

sorry, but if people say i am lurking, i give explanations of why.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (isolation #26) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:41 am

Post by geraintm »

Porkens wrote:
geraintm wrote:
no, you said they were both scum....
In my heart, I think they are. In reality, probably only one of them is.
sorry, but if people say i am lurking, i give explanations of why.
appology accepted.
was i apologising???

and can you explain then how you think they are both scum? are you going along with my summary in 841 at the end?? is that what you think has happened?
Porkens wrote:
1. Actually, have you defended MafiaSSK? Not overtly. I'll go on record right now (again) as saying that if MSSK is scum, your role, however stupidly played by TE, is probably town.
i don't understand. you said like 2 posts before you thought in your heart they were both scum, but then say there you think time/vi isn't?
what on earth do you mean?

re: serum vigging mafia. is this a good idea? if he is town, then is rolecop a good enough role to go with for an extra day?

mafia - post 856 doesn't seem good enough in the circumstances
glad riot backed up previous statements in 861 and went through with the vote
ortolan wrote: The case against MafiaSSK is extremely insubstantial, I have no idea why it's gained momentum so quickly.
he is being evasive, and i was never a fan once i saw his target and result.

Riot - post 865, you are being as evasive as Mafia is :-(

Vote: riotcf

Mycosynth: mafiascum

and i want Porkens to explain his opinion on time/vi and mafia
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #872 (isolation #27) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:30 am

Post by geraintm »

porkens, can you pour out your heart to us then and explain why you think they are both scum, i just don't see it myself and would really like you to explain
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (isolation #28) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:40 pm

Post by geraintm »

Sorry for not posting sooner today
here is my role pm then

Welcome, geraintm.

You are are a Mycosynth Golem, Town-Aligned Metal Master of Mycosynth. You are the embodiment of Karn here on Mirrodin. He gave you specific instructions: stop Memnarch using the mycosynth. Now, Glissa Sunseeker has appeared to fight Memnarch, and they say the enemy of my enemy is my friend...
Abilities: You are metal. You cannot be killed in any way.
Win Condition: You win when you are the last faction remaining.

i hope that answers that question then.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #972 (isolation #29) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:36 pm

Post by geraintm »

CF Riot wrote:
Unvote. Vote: Vi
I'm blaming Grem's death on you. I think Ort is Glissa. You were the other one to be serumed last night.
why??

question, can someone post up everyone's claim in one easy to find post?
Vi wrote: *Scum generally don't quickhammer their partners; besides, all the information we can get is here (that was the major reason I didn't want anyone to prematurely end the day) and the quickhammerer will look poor going into tomorrow anyway.
what does this refer to?
Porkens wrote:
You call CF "the most suspicious," but you don't vote for him. I know: cliams blah blah blah.
good spot.
CF Riot wrote:
I'm going to totally flip flop on my earlier prediction and go with a new guess of Vi + Illumina team, which would explain his baseless defense of her when he first replaced into the game and post 954. The thing that troubles me here is Illumina's town cred from when she suggested redoing the serum N1 still hangs in the back of my mind. All in all I'm really confused and I think I need to post less and let my fellow townies back me up, but that's just not my style. =P
why was suggesting to redo the serum a town tell? i thought sticking to the plan was the town thing to do
Vi wrote:I can't really defend that, except to say that it was late at night and I was fed up with reading this topic twenty pages before I finally quit (still somewhere in D1). You asked me why I thought Illumina was Town soon afterward, and upon rereading I couldn't really find anything to back it up, so I retracted that stance.
you realise this explanation makes you look worse now,dont you?

Porkens - i copied and pasted the message exactly as it was sent. any typos were mods not mine.

your post was intersting, but you hint at there being more to come at a later date.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1008 (isolation #30) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:30 am

Post by geraintm »

Porkens second long msg about the serial killer i didn't see till after i posted

why are you picking on Vi and Ort. if the fake claims are correct for scum, would a serial killer be given one too?
would this mean your search would be larger than just Viand ort?
glissa seems town to me, i cant imagine the mod would mindfuck us that much to make glissa non-town.
ortolan wrote:
Also if I am an SK, it would seem quite a lame and unfair SK that seems to get guaranteed in almost ever player's pm (I did not know this at the time I claimed either, it was just lucky that I happened to look very scummy and it served to verify me).
i don't understand what you mean by SK in people's PM
Illumina wrote: Here we are getting distracted by Vi, when TM or geraintm could well be mafia or the SK (lurking/scummy consistently, stalling on claim, generic claim, etc.).
which bits are you accusing me of? esp as you were the last to claim yourself?
Porkens wrote:Ahhh I see what you're saying about 'guarantees.'

Well, I see what you mean about Memnarch, but I don't agree. I think Triskelion is a true claim but the alignment is 3rd party.
do you make him out as SK then? or another party beyond that?

Vi - your interpretation of memnarch is he could have killed grem, so the mafia can get two nightkills then according to you???? really?

post 985 - Vi seems to be coming to the centre of all the venn diagrams everyone is drawing
Illumina wrote:
I'm still suspicious of TM and Geraintm due to their delayed claims, and I find them the most suspicious currently. I'd like to know who they think is suspicious and why.
when did i delay my claim? please point it out to me. you have mentioned this a few times now, and if this is all you have me on....

question now about Illumina's claim
nim lasher isn't metal. it is a zombie
http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDet ... ?&id=12394
can illumnia explain this please?

sorry, just read ahead and seen others have noticed this in 1003 and so on

have been asked for my thoughts on most scummy and all
illumina wins for me. weird claim, double standards on the claiming business
i consider Ort safe and beyond reproach

I don't consider a SK who isn't switched on till they are serumed unlikely in this game
i kinda think there might be something like a cult which isn't powered on till the leader is serumed a impossibility either
serum is obv there for good reasons, must be there for something more than making glissa get a doc protect for a night.

vote illumnia
Mycosynth illumnia

he has claimed metal, so i want him to suffer something tonight
can i do this?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (isolation #31) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:18 pm

Post by geraintm »

ok,am back, have read as best i can the 5 pages of posts over the weekend
i am sorry if i was too hasty with my post on friday, i thought it was my last post before deadline and so i got it out.
will catch up with a longer post today sometime
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (isolation #32) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:30 am

Post by geraintm »

Ok, first thing to say, i didn't realise when i voted that he was so close to getting lynched. i was rushing my post before i went away for the weekend. i actually thought i was sythed already and my vote wouldn't have changed that
i didn't think i was cutting things off at the end of the day, i thought Ill would have chance to post, but i wouldn't have time to get involved before the end of the day again and wanted to have some votes up.
ortolan wrote:
he has claimed metal, so i want him to suffer something tonight
can i do this?
Um...what do you mean?
i meant vote for both sything and lynching.
i wasn't clear he was metal, the card isn't an artefact,
Illumina wrote: Besides which: though killing an SK would be fine, we're better off going after mafia anyway. And as stated, you don't really fit the bill there. I'm puzzled as to why everyone is voting you and ignoring the people who delayed their claims...
Argh, you still think i delayed my claim??
Illumina wrote:Wow.

Geraintm has lurked, delayed his claim as long as he could, claimed a weird mycosynth metal golem (ignoring that those two things destroy each other...), and was caught in the act of hammering! What more do we need to see that he's the obvious play for today?
please show me the posts where i delayed my claim. i am frankly sick of your posts harping on about this. every time i have asked you about this, you haven't responded. shut up about it or show me
what do you mean, my claim is weird. go look up the card. it exists. it was the role i was sent. why on earth is it weird? have you seen what everyone is? elves, three armed robots...

Re: claiming wrong flesh/metal.
are you trying to confuse everyone? if i did that and got caught out, i'd be dead. if there was a metal detector in the game ( i suspect that could be someone's serumed role) i would get caught in a lie and be dead. are you just trying to through more mud in people's eyes?
what is it that you have against me????
Illumina wrote:Yes, but my impression was that people wanted to lynch me because they didn't believe my metal claim. I think geraintm's claim is more suspicious than mine, and no one seems as interested in his, which seems weird to me.
why is mine suspicious, i claimed a role which was an artefact
you claimed a role which was a zombie but is also metal. that makes no sense unless someone made you metal
but you haven't explained how that happened
i cant believe mod would give someone a role and get their metalness wrong
ortolan wrote:
Hmm. In my tendency to speculate hugely I had considered that Memnarch has an ability to try to target me, and gains something from doing so (as my flavour says he is "chasing" me) and that in fact Gremwell was *my* metal body double- who somehow was sacrificed when Memnarch tried to target me (even though I was immune any way). In which case if I end up between copper bread buns tonight and we've lynched you then town will lose.
so you think the scum targeted you and killed someone else? and that is why gremwell died? you think that is more likely that a SK?

Illumia - your post 1091 best one i read for a while, the examination of Porkens made kinda sense

post 1096
what was the pattern you found? what was the interesting stuff??

post 1117 almost seems to be advocating not lynching a mafia tonight?
Vi wrote: What kind of lame SK role
requires
the serum to operate? If you do not think it's serum-dependent, what reason are you willing to give for the prevention of an NK N1 (remembering that the N2 hit pierced metal)?
one where mod wanted to make the serum interesting and important to the game. he obv seems to get off on the randomness of the effects of people being serumed. i think he worked out there were good odds with 2 lots of serum of the SK being triggered before the game ended
Vi wrote:
Porkens 1130 wrote:Ok, this idea has been bothering me for some time as well; If you (plural) think it is just a 3-scum team; How did they get an extra nightkill? And
why
hadn't they been using it since the beginning?
One-shot extra.

I thought 9 vs. 3 was standard.
i think S is more likely that one shot extra NK for the scum. never seen mafia get that power before in a game, seen SKers

Ok, people have asked who i think scummiest.
illumia by far. my last post showed that, and that hasn't changed over the weekend
I think there is a SK. i think if VI was the SK, that would be very overpowered role with double votes and SK.
Got to stop writing now as near end of day for me
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1159 (isolation #33) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:39 pm

Post by geraintm »

Illumia - the period i think you think i was stalling was over a weekend. i havent posted on a weekend the whole game
My role is not nonsensical. it is how the card is designed. every otehr player's role/card and their metalness has followed how the card is written, except you. you still have not explained to anyone why you are metal
Vi wrote:
geraintm 1134 wrote:i am sorry if i was too hasty with my post on friday, i thought it was my last post before deadline and so i got it out.
Remind me to post that this is one of the things I hate in MD.
If you're not abs. confident in what you're doing, don't put down permanent votes. Until N.B. made some executive decisions, it was quite likely that you messed us all over. Luckily, it didn't turn out to be the case.
Sorry. i was confident with where my vote was going though.
geraintm 1135 wrote:VI
Daykill: geraintm

what's this??
Vi wrote:
geraintm 1135 wrote:VI
Daykill: geraintm

geraintm, how much do you know about Magic: The Gathering? 'Just curious.
[/quote]

i've played the game since Onslaught block, so i played Mirrodin. I don't read the books though so i don't know the storyline beyond vague outlines. i know enough that mod would not have made illumia metal.
Vi wrote:
geraintm 1135 wrote:i think he worked out there were good odds with 2 lots of serum of the SK being triggered before the game ended
A neutral survivor with a one-shot-per-serum kill? That's even worse; try to think of the winning strategy for that and you'll see what I mean.
i imagined it as townie who flipped SK uponbeing SKed
CF Riot wrote:
I also meant to say earlier that I've seen games where when 1 scum dies, the remaining team members get an extra kill that night. Just sayin'.
really? that makes the game in a town of N with X serial killers not
(n-k) vs k
instead
(n-k-k) vs k
????
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1163 (isolation #34) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:28 am

Post by geraintm »

Vi wrote:
geraintm 1159 wrote:you still have not explained to anyone why you are metal
LIAR
am confused, what have i lied about?
Illumina wrote:CF: Wait, so I'm scum just because my card is black? Also, Nim Lashers are metal creatures, according to wikipedia (and no, I didn't edit the page): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sp ... hering#Nim. Please don't try to misconstrue my role with selective quoting. Or is it advantageous for you to get rid of a metal town at this juncture?
http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/index.a ... ut=Spoiler
that is the gatherer link to the Nim creatures. none are metal except the replica
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sp ... hering#Nim
that says there is a metal buildup in teh creature, but not that the creature is metal. metal creatures in magic the gathering are given the subtype artifact, see http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDet ... ?&id=46041
as far as i am concerned, i don't beleive his claim at
at all
unless he can explain how he became metal which so far he hasnt. he has just said he was metal to start with because the Nim are metalic.
they are not.

why am i a liar? is it because he has explained why he is metal, but in a way that does not fit with the flavour of this game and i don't beleive him (said in a Bob Dylan whine...)

and sorry, i get the VI thing now. sorry. i was really freaked out you had vigged me or something.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1165 (isolation #35) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:51 am

Post by geraintm »

illuminas explanation to me doesn't stand up though, itis why i have been banging on for so long about it :-(

and you can call me out as much as you like, but i feel on pretty strong ground here. do you think illumina has a case to asnwer?? or is it just me?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1257 (isolation #36) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:05 pm

Post by geraintm »

http://www.quicktopic.com/42/H/6WQxrsda84FTU

The above link was the thread the mafia used for night discussion if anyone wants to read it.

sorry if people felt i was lurking, i wasn't. this was a very active game and time differences made it look worse than it was i think. this really was the most verbal game i've played, i would come back after a nights sleep and see 3 pages of text to catch up on

i wasn't expecting to be killed last night i must admit.
Would people have done things differently as mafia in this game? i felt getting rid of the serum as soon as we knew about it was a must, and i didn't expect to be NKed

was a weird game, the three votes at the same time i found confusing, and i thought that might have helped us mafia by giving us more chances of misvoting, but didnt work out.

feel i am not cut out for godfather material :-)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”