TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:15 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

I haven't started reading the game yet, I just wanted to check in, say I'm here, replacing Pimltel.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:57 am

I'm trying to read the game, but well. . . there's a lot. If I could get a summary of the game, that'd be super.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:02 am

Well, gee, one assumes that if one person lied, someone else might correct them. That's half the reason to ask: getting different people's perspectives on the game, in addition to educating me on things I may miss.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:10 am

cass wrote: I know for a fact that Qwintz is scum. I have good hope to live through the night. If you guys think massclaiming now is necessary, go ahead, but I don't think it is.
If cass has evidence that makes qwintz scum, and its damning to the point where either cass is lying or qwintz is scum, then a massclaim really isn't necessary today, all it gives is scum night targets.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:16 am

mariyta wrote: Only scum would refuse to claim at this point. What do you have to hide?
That's patently untrue. If we're going to lynch one of cass or qwintz, what benefit does a claim bring, except giving the scum more information?
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:51 am

mariyta wrote: Only scum would refuse to claim at this point. What do you have to hide?
mariyta wrote: It hurts the town more than it benefits scum. Your refusal to claim only gives the scum a reason to keep you alive. The rest of the town will be suspicious of you, therefore drawing attention away from the real scum. Thanks for showing your cards, though.
I'm sorry, your first post accuses me of being scum, your second post sort of implies you know I'm town, because obviously "I'm drawing attention away from the real scum."
rage wrote: Eh? Do you realize what has been claimed already? I have the power to confirm myself (confirmed by 4 people now), Mariyta claims to have the power to protect but receive the targeted actions instead, and Qwints claims to have the ability to switch people's rooms at night (which has been confirmed by two people). What possible role could you have, with a night action, that would make the game more balanced than it already is? Methinks you are scum trying to get out of fakeclaiming.
I really don't know who has claimed what. If someone were to sum that up for me, that'd just be great. (Well, now I know that you are confirmed, mariyta is a bodyguard, and qwints can switch people's room, and cass has claimed emissary. So I guess the only person I don't know is sekin.) That's not really the point, though.

The point is that we are lynching one of cass or qwintz today, yes? So the believability of my claim is not really relevant to today's lynch, and considering that, the only people who would benefit are scum when deciding who to nk.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (isolation #6) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:52 am

No, obviously thinktank hasn't claimed.
mariyta wrote: As for "lynching one of cass or qwints," while I still thoroughly believe qwints is scum, I'm still easily swayable in regards to you or think. At this point, I'd be quite happy to kill you.
So, in other words, if I'm hearing you right, you would ignore the person who claims that they have
absolutely incriminating
evidence on another player, which basically means that one of them
has
to be scum, because I didn't claim when you wanted me to?

Is it unfeasible that mariyta and whichever one of cass/qwintz are scum (qwintz seems more likely) are scum together? Mariyta thought she had to bus qwintz but now thinks she can get away with a different lynch?

Mariyta, you claimed bodyguard. Who did you protect, when, and why?

But rage is still clearly a dumbass, so fine, I'll claim.

I'm Garland "Gold" Saberfield, The Baron. I know that there is an Ephraim and Keira in the game, and by process of elimination, that there is not a Morgan. (It was presented as there being two of three in the game). Due to my staff's loyalty, any attempt to nightkill me will be reflected to a member of the town. I sleep in the baron's quarters (obv). If the emissary is killed, I lose.

So let's review exactly what that means. Let's say there's a role that certain players lose if that person is killed. But he has some claimed protection. Now scum could gladly kill me in the hopes that it would be redirected to the person they wanted dead.

Jesus fucking christ, I hope you're happy.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:59 am

This game really exploded over the weekend: I'm going to respond by individual player.

First, sekin, because I'm a little baffled by him:
sekinj wrote: The biggest tip off he gave was his night quarter. The Baron's Quarters is not a legit area. My knowledge says there are 5 night quarters, and I can personally verify what those 5 are. 4 of them are confirmed in the death information in Johoohno's Post 0. and then I was moved to the stables last night, which confirm the 5th. The Baron's Quarters do not exist, which lead me to believe as Rage mentioned ealier that the mod is probably the Baron.
My location also includes right wing of the mansion, but I thought that it was the baron's quarters was the more important claim. I have to assume right wing is your location. I mean, honestly, as scum, why would I make up a location?
rage wrote: @TheSweatpantsNinja, have you made any progress reading through the game? Also, I'm not saying do it, but if you had to vote for someone who would it be and why?
Yes, at least enough to scan it (yay for being sick and having free time?). Were I to vote, and I'm probably going to soon, it would be qwintz, for all the reasons I've been arguing. I know there's an emissary in the game, cass has claimed it, and cass has claimed that he knows qwintz is scum. That's pretty cut-and-dry.
mariyta wrote: A) I don't give two sh*ts if someone claims to have "absolutely incriminating" evidence if they can't prove it. Scum pull that crap all the time. It means nothing.
Yes, its possible cass is lying. (Well, it seems unlikely now, seeing as how thinktank didn't counter him and no one else can, but for the purposes of the point, let's say he could be). But wouldn't that mean that, if one of cass or qwintz is lying, one or both of them must be scum?
Why would you vote for anyone else?

Voting for me just doesn't make sense, unless you're scum and think you can get away with not having to lynch your buddy.

Vote count
(7 players alive = 4 to lynch before deadline)
(1) TheSweatpantsNinja - qwints
(1) qwints - Cass

Not voting:
Mariyta, Rage, TheSweatpantsNinja, thinktank

Deadline:
Wednesday 22 October 2:00 PM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:53 am

sekinj wrote: I'm not takign that last question seriously as it is wifom. However, did you really think the "Baron's Quarters" was the most important part of your location? In your claim you say it almost offhand as "Obviously" the baron woudl be in the barons quarters. What would make you think that being in the right wing of the mansion was not important if many of the death scenes happened in the right wing of the manion, and the rest happened in one of the other areas we have already discussed?
Because I didn't read the death scenes. Like, I get that its WIFOM and all, but show me the scum benefit of lying about it. Seriously, explain to me my secret motivation for doing this.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”