Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:29 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

ok not going to lie, i'm in a mood and Alisae's ego has put me right off already.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:49 am

In post 36, marcistar wrote:
In post 11, KittyTacky wrote:Hello everyone, I didn't play with any of you because I mostly played normals. VOTE: Alisae
the amount of BETRAYAL and HEARTBREAKING material in this post in unreal, my heart is SHATTERED INTO PIECES, unfixable :cry: :cry:
you forgot our newbie together?

-

someone save me !! :cry: i gotta go for my covid shot today... but im afraid of needles :shifty: hold my hand and tell me everythings gonna be alright! :cry: :cry:

-

so how much money would be best to bid on items with?
Straight up, I slept hard after mine. Arm felt like it was made of led for a bit. It varies person to person.

As for the needle, don't tense up, don't look at it, distract yourself and you'll be good. (Take it from someone who has the mother of all needles every 3 months)
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:12 am

None of these abilities will be lost, it's a case of who goes for what on them.
Not sure what a hitman does, roleblocker is definitely one scum would want and honestly nobody will probably claim ownership of that one.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:22 am

In post 48, marcistar wrote:
In post 33, Flea The Magician wrote:ok not going to lie, i'm in a mood and Alisae's ego has put me right off already.
i didnt see this originally, but i was thinking deeply about alisae just now
it seems like alisae wants alot of control over things i think. im not sure if its good thing :?
In post 47, Flea The Magician wrote:None of these abilities will be lost, it's a case of who goes for what on them.
Not sure what a hitman does, roleblocker is definitely one scum would want and honestly nobody will probably claim ownership of that one.
in one of the first few posts it says hitman stops anything that would protect against a nk, this seems useful for scum..?
we def cant let scum get stuff that'll help them >.<
One day I'll start reading the OPs again.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:23 am

Now my problem is last time I played a game with a weird mechanic like this, I tried to lightningrod the bad for town roles and got my ass firmly handed to me
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (isolation #7) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:32 am

Knowing there's a doctor in the setup means scum are going to try and work out their best shot around that and will take out a null target, every single time.

You have to know how a player is handled by scum to know if they're a target too which relies on meta. Scum only aim for me as a null-shot. All you've given there is a lot on why you should have doc, so by all means go for it, have doc.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (isolation #8) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:25 am

In post 58, Alisae wrote:
In post 55, Flea The Magician wrote:Knowing there's a doctor in the setup means scum are going to try and work out their best shot around that and will take out a null target, every single time.

You have to know how a player is handled by scum to know if they're a target too which relies on meta. Scum only aim for me as a null-shot. All you've given there is a lot on why you should have doc, so by all means go for it, have doc.
or you just
not give village the doctor?

I'm undecided on if I'm going for the doctor. I just want MO as I strongly believe I am the most suited for it. If that triggers you that fine because I would expect that to trigger you.
If I am going for the doctor, I will not be saying so but its not a decision I will make until after the midday announcement. And even if I do go for it, you're crazy if you think I'm going to broadcast that.

I wrote that brief on how to use the doctor ability because I do not think it is correct for me to go for it, at least right now.
Trigger is NOT the word to be using here, for the record. I am not triggered, I am fucked off at other reasons and your ego immediately coming in here annoys me.

Reminder I caught you pretty damn fast as scum previously.

What you set out to write, is why you should be the MO, what you wrote is the politicians speech on why they should be something.
I don't expect you to announce what you're going for, thats why we have PTs for bidding. You're already firmly twisting what I've said to the point I'm now happy locking my vote in seriously.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:25 am

VOTE: Alisae
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (isolation #10) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:30 am

Just notice the other flex from Alisae, sorry but your ego is not being allowed to run this game.

And you should know I will happily oppose your ego at every step.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:31 am

In post 83, Alisae wrote:And you think I wouldn't act this way as a villager because?
You're trying to grab control of the game and thread out of the gate, theres no reason why a villager wouldn't try this, but there's every reason for scum to try it.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (isolation #12) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:56 am

Honestly, if e's going to deal in personal fucking attacks like that I'm glad the ego got popped. The absolute fucking spoon.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:05 am

UNVOTE: Alisae's slot

No point having the rep tarred with that brush...

It's almost like P4 votes and discussions are worth something...
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (isolation #14) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:20 am

In post 93, cyrus62 wrote:remember only one person can bid with them self's right now town should work together there are more of us then scum . so 4 of us bid 500 on one item each day in order for scum to get any role they will have to out bid us . scum will have not enough money to bid high day 2 to beat us. as they will all be left with 300 . but we would still have 6 with 500. . so then if town . just bids 325 on day 2 we get every role. so whos up for trying this
Pass... I'm not seeing the logic here. We have 4 days to worry about items and honestly I don't think scum are going to be that stupid.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:46 am

In post 108, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 52, Flea The Magician wrote:Now my problem is last time I played a game with a weird mechanic like this, I tried to lightningrod the bad for town roles and got my ass firmly handed to me
By lightning rod do you mean you tried to obtain the roles or you tried to get targeted by them? And what do you mean by got your ass firmly handed to you? You got miselimmed, endgamed, or what?

Have you learned something from that experience you think might not be intuitive in this setup?
In Draft Mafia I made it clear, public knowledge I was collecting the anti-town roles and which ones I took I made public knowledge. Roles powered up on occasion and some got worse, I even took one that would've resulted in a post restriction later one, and that resulted in the creation of the faerie vomit machine.
I got pushed on and eliminated because "Why would you do that, I think you're openwolfing!" and "I didn't have that role! You're lying!" (because it "upgraded")
I wasn't. I was town with a chunk of the pro-scum roles.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:50 am

In post 115, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 52, Flea The Magician wrote:Now my problem is last time I played a game with a weird mechanic like this, I tried to lightningrod the bad for town roles and got my ass firmly handed to me
That was draft upick right?
Sorry about being a blithering idiot about the role evolution
Oh yeah it was you who sealed my doom... :P

I'm not salty about it, lessons learned for the future lol
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:53 am

In post 120, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don’t think Alisae explicitly was saying e should be MO. E was basically trying to make sure mechanics were handled right, and I think since Pooky hadn’t checked in e tried to drive the conversation
E did in an early post.
I was in a shit mood but I'm still going to try and egoblock if a player comes in and fills the game with their ego.

I may also be metashifting again. I don't even intend it half the time -.-;
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:51 am

In post 136, marcistar wrote:i think flea the magicians town, i would want to vote them as market owner but seems like they wouldn't be confident enough with that ability.

i dont like distance and mistyx so far, but i dont really have anything i can put into words on them yet. i think for distance what stands out is ..? not sure why but those feel weird :P

im a bit wary of ssbm_kyouko (for like no reason other then paranoia) but makes them feel more likely to be town.

i wanted to have feelings on gamma emerald, but i dont really have anything for them sadly ;-; is something ill keep in mind tho :-)

so i think ssbm_kyouko is who i would currently consider best as market owner, but im unsure :?

VOTE: distance
MO play, I'm confident in. Being a fucking lightningrod again, nah.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (isolation #19) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:48 pm

In post 143, marcistar wrote:
In post 142, Flea The Magician wrote:MO play, I'm confident in. Being a fucking lightningrod again, nah.
huh, so do u want it then..? o-o
For now, I won't say no. As the game progresses, I will defer to someone else as I always do.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (isolation #20) » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:28 am

Actually I think 7 pages in we've got a pretty solid gamestate. Reads are being developed, and we've got equal amounts of generic vs mechanical discussion going.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (isolation #21) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:06 am

That's a lot of pages... eugh catchup mode it is.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (isolation #22) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:45 am

Spoiler: The deep blue sea attracts my senses
In post 176, imaginality wrote:Not much if you win your D1 bid, of course, but you get your money back if you're outbid.
If we get all four powers we still have six town players who can bid 400+ for other stuff D2.
I wouldn't recommend this for any mix of powers on D1, but in this case I think it's worth making sure we make these all pricey if scum want to outbid us, and this approach is the best I can see for ensuring we do that.

P-edit: yes, D2 it would not be smart to reveal who does/doesn't have money left.
Also that's why we should all bid 400+ on a random item today, as per my suggested approach, then scum can't gain any advantage by who they kill (beyond the usual factors).
I do not like you or like this. We have 4 days, and 16 items to bid on. You seem to be suggesting we just blow the lot today?
In post 178, cyrus62 wrote:
that queston wasnt ment for you so scum points for you for helping.
my bad it was ment for you lol.[/quote]
*suspicious*

In post 180, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:
In post 172, Flea The Magician wrote:Actually I think 7 pages in we've got a pretty solid gamestate. Reads are being developed, and we've got equal amounts of generic vs mechanical discussion going.
For 21 posts I haven't seen more than maybe 2 reads?

I'm going to be honest, I'm a bit soured by the confrontation between you, VFP, and Alisae -
(on a GAME level, NOT personal.)
I didn't see a point in confronting Alisae as much as directing your attention to someone who you wanted to support. It didn't vibe as genuine to me that VFP was quick to credit Alisae and follow em but doubled back onto you whenever Alisae wanted to gain control of the thread.

I'm experienced with Alisae. Ey almost always goes for control unless they flake out. I thought you would recognize this if you had prior experience with em. The interaction felt in bad faith.

I'm not excusing Alisae turning off players or insulting their intelligence. Your feelings are valid. But I don't know if they're directed in a protown angle yet.
I keep my cards close, and I was speaking as a game general not as a me general. 21 posts, 2 reads I feel is quite loose for me. Whats your benchmark? What do you expect to see at Page 7? and from someone with 21 posts?

I do have some limited experience with Alisae and I know that generally e's a lovely person, I also know we can and will clash if our agendas oppose, which is the feeling I got there. This is the first time I've seen em go that hard on asserting control.

I can understand eir wanting to come in and take control after the last one OMB, however, I am not willing for someone to come in and made that kind of entry, attempt to become town leader, MO and then contradict themselves in their action and intent.
In post 182, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I've been on a bit of a high from how MO is going and thinking about the setup strategy but game is kinda stagnant otherwise actually and the pink cloud is fading. Got any juicy scumreads? (I don't think MO candidates should discuss TRs today as it may influence scum to vote an MO that could be more likely to designate a scum replacement)
None juicy.
In post 191, imaginality wrote:Acutally, I'm going to follow up and VOTE: ssbm_Kyouko for post #179. Between that possible scum slip, and the downplaying of hitman... on which note, also if ssbm_Kyouko expects MO to draw the NK (per post #31) why didn't he suggest MO bid for scum powers like hitman instead of no-bid? I feel like he's scum hoping to pick up hitman for cheap.

And HEAL: imaginality
This is awful. This is absolutely awful given your own posting. You're showing awareness of the game mechanics while trying to lead town down a bad road.
Spoiler: The tide is like the heartbeat of eternity
In post 203, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:And look at what else is sus - midday hits. 125 each is apparently scum trying to gauge where town is bidding. It may even be that if cyrus is town they just withheld all bets, which explains why nothing was hidden at midDay.

5 hours after what is apparently scum trying to gauge where the town is bidding (whether Cyrus is scum or not, tbh he is the only player in the lobby I would say the 125 split is NAI for with confidence). They see nobody is bidding high yet. 5 hours later, in comes Imaginality to lead town toward spending 400 on all roles. Imagine scum dont bid on anything toDay. Town spends 1600, loses 500, or 100 and a purchased role, then in the likely situation that they avoid hitting the doctor target and get a kill, that's another 500 down. We go into D2 8:3 and scum still have the wallet to outbid us on auction detective, and potentially pick up scum roles on the cheap from townies that are down to 100.

Where was this strategy before midday? We were already very deep into mechanical discussion when he made his previous post, so why not bring it up before midDay?

While his suggestion is appealing at first, even to me, from a numbers standpoint, I think what they are doing is baiting town into spending a lot of their money so that in later days scum can outbid.

The next bit gets tinfoil, but I would not be surprised to find out flea is the scum's preferred MO candidate and see that Imaginality eventually concedes and switches his vote there as I'm currently leading. Whether his means flea is scum or one of the scum has a friendly relationship with Flea that may lead Flea to elect that scum as a replacement, I do not know.
The thing is while I may semi-seriously push myself, people who know me will know that I ultimately won't end the day voting myself and I will encourage others to vote elsewhere. People in this PL with the potentialy to buddy me are VFP and Mastina, and frankly I'd expect Mastina to be out for revenge after the last game :3 Gamma would be included but that is a corker of a hole to dig back out of.
In post 214, cyrus62 wrote:starting to feel gamma is just a toxic player. so i most likely will just ignore them. as town i dont lie and as scum i still dont lie. so to think i lied or to even suggest i am urks me badly. read my scum games again gamma you will see i do not lie . even in life. my one fault and most likely why i stink at being scum is never ever lieing.
There is a thin line between a lie and twisted truth, that you consider Gamma toxic already speaks volumes.
In post 220, cyrus62 wrote:fyi i wouldnt trust gamma to town the random shade comes off as scum.
In post 221, cyrus62 wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald this gives gamma the most votes . so they are on the choping block.
This is bad vibes.
In post 224, Mistyx wrote:
In post 214, cyrus62 wrote:starting to feel gamma is just a toxic player. so i most likely will just ignore them. as town i dont lie and as scum i still dont lie. so to think i lied or to even suggest i am urks me badly. read my scum games again gamma you will see i do not lie . even in life. my one fault and most likely why i stink at being scum is never ever lieing.
okay then let's test that

are you scum
Beautiful.
In post 246, Mistyx wrote:cyrus’s mindset is weird enough that i kinda wanna call it town
I disagree, honestly. he is where I'm going to be voting at the moment because something seems so incredibly off, 2s2bs almost which is always worth a vote.
Spoiler: I feel warm and safe as I'm diving deeper
In post 274, Gamma Emerald wrote:like actually what the fuck was to point of tacky's responding to that
Busybodying.
Spoiler: Into the heart of the ocean, I have no fear
In post 279, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:Can people explain the Kyouko MO votes? I'm not really seeing much reason here other than "you sound smart" or is my assessment too critical?

Also, we're 18 hr with hardly any wagons. I can't tell whether town or scum is more active with this playerlist. I want to start hearing cases.
Players off the radar are always a concern for me.
And I know Nancy - if scum - will fully want to outbid me on the cop, given my last catch <3
ssbm seems to have their head on right mechanically, which is why I assume people are voting there.
In post 284, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:Nancy, guess my main. ;)
In post 281, KittyTacky wrote:Having issues reading into people here. VFP and Flea are town though and it would take a lot to convince me they are scum. Marci is decent too.

Smoke and Distance are two of my SRs at this point in the game.
I get the idea that VFP/Flea are the same alignment but I'm not ready to call that town. Why are you comfortable saying so?

Also I don't think Kyouko or his voters have given me much passing thought, which does not instill confidence.
You don't particularrly spring to mind at the moment.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (isolation #23) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:48 am

The variance in post counts does me a concern...

VOTE: cyrus for now, Distance really needs to pick up some slack...

In an odd move I'm actually not going to support anyone else for MO because ssbm while the reasonable take is making me raise an eyebrow a touch.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (isolation #24) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:50 am

In post 289, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:
In post 134, Gamma Emerald wrote:HEAL: ssmb_kyouko
I kinda think this is good while we wait for others to check in at least
haha, reasoned in any measure is not the word I'd have used.

Unless you haven't found any better options for MO, not even yourself? Or why Kyouko?

I'll get to you some point soon Flea. :3 I skimmed your post when I was p-edited.
Oh I hope you do, you feel very much like someone on the outside looking in.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (isolation #25) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:35 am

In post 295, cyrus62 wrote:top scum leans imganity gamma flea and ssbm
This feels a lil reactive, and I wanna poke it.

Any reasoning you're willing to share?
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (isolation #26) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:15 am

OK, so I haven't actually voted or pushed based on activity, I generally find activity to be NAI and I like to encourage people to participate.

Show your working for me? Because I am not seeing what you're seeing at all.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (isolation #27) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:41 am

OK... scum absoltuely do not want to be seen as scummy, they need to strike a balance between being obvtown and town as people will question an obvtown target living, and looking scummy will get them eliminated.

I want you to show me where I've pushed based on activity and post count.

PEdit: That is not an answer to what I wanted.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (isolation #28) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:04 am

In post 308, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 290, Flea The Magician wrote:The variance in post counts does me a concern...

VOTE: cyrus for now, Distance really needs to pick up some slack...

In an odd move I'm actually not going to support anyone else for MO because ssbm while the reasonable take is making me raise an eyebrow a touch.
what was this then
That is me stating post count disparity is concerning me slightly, as some slots are more active than others; followed by a vote on you, a statement informing people that I believe Distance needs to pick up some slack, and having a minor concern about another player.

I will not do your work for you Cyrus, Where do I push or vote based on post counts?
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (isolation #29) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:38 am

Previous suggestions of "town should spend excessively to prevent scum getting these powers"
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (isolation #30) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:42 am

In post 314, imaginality wrote:In no way is it excessive spending. Considering at least 6 town players will get our money back, but probably more (if scum outbid us for one or more of the powers). If scum get two, tomorrow we still have six players with their full stack, and two with either their full stack or a PR (depending on how the voting and NK go).
So we have days 2, 3 and 4 to go with the spending, when then?
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (isolation #31) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:33 am

You also seem to be under the impression that the MO is in direct control of the market, which isn't true. 400% would simple add to the pool around 4 times.

Cyrus you do understand that those bids will not change, right?
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (isolation #32) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:52 am

Was the impression I got, is all.