Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:46 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 12, VFP wrote:Lots and lots of buckaroos!

What's the market owner?
Market Owner basically selects 4 items and increases the chance of them showing up the following day by 400%.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:49 pm

Post by Alisae »

Someone should go 301$ on the Cop.
I'm going to put 10$ on the hitman, and roleblocker, and a higher amount on the doctor that I am unsure of what it will be yet.
If this is not okay with you, you should outbid me.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:07 pm

Post by Alisae »

in a vacuum the only marketplace owners that should even be worth considering is me and pooky as we're probably both the smartest mechanical players when it comes to this setup. Pooky is probably better at bidding than I am and I know this setup like the back of my hand.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #18 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:17 pm

Post by Alisae »

How about this, since I think if I don't write this post, I'm going to get triggered that someone else as a marketplace owner is just going to do bad decisions.
If you want to be a marketplace owner, you should prove in some way that you'll be able to make competent decisions.
The only person I trust to make competent decisions are me and Pooky if he's town.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #19 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:44 pm

Post by Alisae »

If I am marketplace owner I will use secret titus strategy tm as marketplace owner to win the game.

the marketplace owner vote is extremely important because having a competent marketplace owner will go a long long ways.
You probably shouldn't be a marketplace owner if you don't have the strategic brain for it.

Anyways that's probably enough from me for tonight I'll see yawl tomorrow ig
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #21 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:09 pm

Post by Alisae »

HEAL: Alisae
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #23 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:39 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1, Gypyx wrote:> You must outbid the current highest bidder to win the item. Losing bids are refunded at day end.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #35 (isolation #8) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:33 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 25, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:HEAL: Cupcake Butterfly

Hello tAlisae :D
In post 28, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Sup nerds and Alisae

HEAL: Kyouko
yep hi

--
In post 31, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Anyone seriously considering running for MO should abstain from bidding until they know whether they will win MO or not as it will probably draw the NK
Scum have no reason to be afraid of a MO who is an idiot
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #37 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:39 am

Post by Alisae »

tho you have a point ig.
If the MO owner is good there should be less incentivized for scum to shoot them.

Ya ok you convinced me, I'm not putting money on the doc just yet. I'm not sure how much I want to bid right now anyways.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #38 (isolation #10) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:39 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 36, marcistar wrote:someone save me !! i gotta go for my covid shot today... but im afraid of needles hold my hand and tell me everythings gonna be alright!
you're in for a rough time tomorrow
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #40 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:45 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 36, marcistar wrote:so how much money would be best to bid on items with?
1. If you want to force scum to bid more than 300$, you bid 300$. 301$ is also an acceptable amount. This is important because they need to bid 301$ or 302$ to outbid you and if they outbid you that means they can't outbid a 500$ bid.
2. What I like to do is bid low on everything (I've bid 10$ on everything at this moment so if u are not okay with this outbid me), because I generally go by the rule of thumb of pay what you value the item at and not any more. If you go by this rule and use your money scarcely, you'll have more later on for bigger purchases. You shouldn't be blowing 100$s on items for no reason, and I generally think purchases greater than 100$ on low-tier items is way too much.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #41 (isolation #12) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:46 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 39, marcistar wrote:
In post 38, Alisae wrote:
In post 36, marcistar wrote:someone save me !! i gotta go for my covid shot today... but im afraid of needles hold my hand and tell me everythings gonna be alright!
you're in for a rough time tomorrow
nooooooo am i actually ;-;
will it hurt? i hope not
You're going to feel miserable tomorrow.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #45 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:56 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 42, marcistar wrote:
In post 40, Alisae wrote:1. If you want to force scum to bid more than 300$, you bid 300$. 301$ is also an acceptable amount. This is important because they need to bid 301$ or 302$ to outbid you and if they outbid you that means they can't outbid a 500$ bid.
2. What I like to do is bid low on everything (I've bid 10$ on everything at this moment so if u are not okay with this outbid me), because I generally go by the rule of thumb of pay what you value the item at and not any more. If you go by this rule and use your money scarcely, you'll have more later on for bigger purchases. You shouldn't be blowing 100$s on items for no reason, and I generally think purchases greater than 100$ on low-tier items is way too much.
so our goal is to just stop scum from having an easy time?
Scum will want to remove the variables.
Town wants to try to secure a winning position via bids and killing scum. If town kills scum, scum is 800$ down assuming that said scum spends all 800$ just to deny villagers items on 1 day. If scum dies, there are things that the MO can do to massively swing the game over to the side of the villagers. This is covered in secret titus strategy tm
It's very unlikely that town will actually get the cop unless scum wants to town to have the cop. We would need to analyze mid day and end of day announcements to try to understand what they want, but we can only understand so much as they have the ability to hide a listing during either one of those listings.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #53 (isolation #14) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:26 am

Post by Alisae »

I'm the best player on playerlist when it comes to docs and I want to run for MO, so I should just put down a brief on how doctors should be used

doctors should be used to protect the most important player to you. This person should be more important to protect than someone who could be scum and if they were shot by scum, you would be okay with it. For example, if you have no idea how to read user PookyTheMagicalBear, you think he might be town but also you aren't sure and you think that if scum shot him it would be better for you as it would ease your paranoia, then see if you can find a better target for your doc. If user PookyTheMagicalBear isn't being the best player in the playerlist, they're generally not worth protecting. Your ideal target should be someone who if they were shot, would make your game harder because that's 1 less easy player to read down. Sometimes the best doc targets are the players who are really easy to read as they'll eventually become immovable objects that cannot be killed unless they get shot. It's a bonus if they're good players with generally good reads. The best players to protect are the threats to scum.

If a player is a threat to scum, they are a threat because they have problematic reads for scum and/or they cannot be moved by scum except via shooting them.
If someone is town beyond a reasonable doubt but isn't a threat to scum, they're not worth being protected. Sometimes conftown will fall into this category. If someone is conftown and they are doing nothing to threaten scum, scum might just end up bringing that player into the Final Few.
If someone is a threat to scum but they aren't town beyond a reasonable doubt, they're not worth protecting. If they're a threat to scum, scum will take care of them because otherwise they might lose if they don't. By this logic, you don't have to fret over getting a read on players like Cabd or Ffery early, because even if they're scum you're not catching them early, it's just impossible, and you would need a lot of dead bodies before you could even try to draw any connections and figure out what happened in the game. Now if a player is still alive and appears to be a "threat to scum" but scum aren't actually shooting them, then something more is going on here.

tl;dr protect the obvtown players that you believe are absolutely town beyond a reasonable doubt and kicking ass. If someone is not kicking ass and is doing nothing, they're not worth protecting. If someone is not absolutely town beyond a reasonable doubt, they're not worth protecting.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #54 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:29 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 48, marcistar wrote:in one of the first few posts it says hitman stops anything that would protect against a nk, this seems useful for scum..?
we def cant let scum get stuff that'll help them >.<
Scum just deny the doctor since the doctor has more shots than the hitman
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #56 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:33 am

Post by Alisae »

The Hitman is an extremely low tier item in this auction.
This is because its better for scum to just secure both the doc and the cop. If they can buy out both the doc and the cop, it kills 2 birds with 1 stone.
1. It denies the village the cop and the doc.
2. If they take the doc, they no longer need the hitman.

If the village puts way too much money on the hitman, scum will make you waste your money and secure the doc for themselves.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #58 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:36 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 55, Flea The Magician wrote:Knowing there's a doctor in the setup means scum are going to try and work out their best shot around that and will take out a null target, every single time.

You have to know how a player is handled by scum to know if they're a target too which relies on meta. Scum only aim for me as a null-shot. All you've given there is a lot on why you should have doc, so by all means go for it, have doc.
or you just
not give village the doctor?

I'm undecided on if I'm going for the doctor. I just want MO as I strongly believe I am the most suited for it. If that triggers you that fine because I would expect that to trigger you.
If I am going for the doctor, I will not be saying so but its not a decision I will make until after the midday announcement. And even if I do go for it, you're crazy if you think I'm going to broadcast that.

I wrote that brief on how to use the doctor ability because I do not think it is correct for me to go for it, at least right now.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #59 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:37 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 57, VFP wrote:
In post 53, Alisae wrote:tl;dr protect the obvtown players that you believe are absolutely town beyond a reasonable doubt and kicking ass. If someone is not kicking ass and is doing nothing, they're not worth protecting. If someone is not absolutely town beyond a reasonable doubt, they're not worth protecting.
You're starting to lose my vote.
Lead better.
Come back to me when you have a track record of successfully saving a lot of people, because I'm the best user of the doctor role on the site, and I have the track record to prove it.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #61 (isolation #19) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:38 am

Post by Alisae »

Like my approach to the role works for me, I have the results to prove it.

If you think trying to predict the night kill is better than making sure the most important player on the player list to you doesn't die then you're just bad at the game.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #64 (isolation #20) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:42 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 60, VFP wrote:
In post 56, Alisae wrote:2. If they take the doc, they no longer need the hitman
Let's just ignore the other doc role and the BP role I guess.
Look, if you want to waste your fucking money, be my guest and pray to god that I'm not scum because if I am scum I will punish you for making a mistake like that.
I value the hitman as a low tier item, therefore I will not pay more than what I value the item as.

I have bids on everything. right now the bids are at 10$. If you do not like that, outbid me. I encourage you to do so as outbidding me says that you do not want me to have the item, which therefore generates information and content.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #68 (isolation #21) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:56 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 63, marcistar wrote:
In post 54, Alisae wrote:Scum just deny the doctor since the doctor has more shots than the hitman
this is true, but scum can easily work around everything we have to offer as town. and theres other roles that are passive savers right..? or am i remembering wrong?
like u said, scums gonna try to get out people who they cant sway.. hitman would be useful in the event of a protection on that player.

i think someone should still try for the low tier items no matter what, since scum might just easily swipe them up and find a use for them later on. we cant just let all our funds go into the better items
Its important for the village to not waste money, but also force scum to go out of their way to spend money so that in the later phases of the game, the dayvig is more likely to end in the hands of the village than in the hands of the mafia.

This means you have to prioritize items accordingly.
If scum see that the village does not know how to use their money, they will capitalize on the mistakes that the village is making.

The bids on Cop and Doc need to be high, because these are the items that are the most valuable to force scum to spend their money on. I do not think scum will allow the village to have a cop. But forcing scum to go 501$ on the cop is good for the village.
When it comes to the doc, the bid should be high because we should be forcing scum to either handshake giving them the hitman (since the doc is stronger longer and will outlast the hitman, which ends up being a favorable trade for the village) or to secure the doc for themselves and only have 1 player who can bid 501$ on the dayvig. I'm not sure if the correct amount is 301$ or 500$, but its one of those numbers.
The roleblocker I think is a mid tier item in this auction. I'm actually unsure how to approach this item since blocking aren't something I understand to the extent of protection actions.
The hitman is definitely the low tier item in this auction and if scum sees that you spend an unreasonable amount of money on a hitman, I would definitely expect them to just try to secure the doc just to try to drain another villagers wallet.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #69 (isolation #22) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:59 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 65, VFP wrote:
In post 61, Alisae wrote:Like my approach to the role works for me, I have the results to prove it.

If you think trying to predict the night kill is better than making sure the most important player on the player list to you doesn't die then you're just bad at the game.
It was more to how obvious it was.
X shots I agree don't waste them on predicting. But this isn't a master science plan, it should be meta.
And you keep throwing around that everyone but you is bad. So maybe limming you first here just levels the playing field regardless on your align.
I treat you all like idiots when it comes to mechanics because when I ran this game no one knew at all how to use their money at all and the only player who even had an idea of what was going on mechanically was Titus. She was the MO in the game I ran and she played extremely well due to how she was able to take a lead and turn it from an inch to a mile mechanically. I was in awe while I was reading her PT.

Also in the last money game that Pooky ran when it came to stocks, I obtained 90% of items for extremely cheap because no one wanted to outbid me, partially because no one understood the setup, and also that no one was bidding, because players on this site don't know how to approach these games.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #70 (isolation #23) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:00 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 67, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Cop is definitely worth 301+ as it forces scum to lower their cash below 500. Bidding 300 can result in a tie with a scum that also bid 300, which would leave scum with 500 if they win the randomized tie, that they could still use to tie a full-wallet townie and potentially takeaway 2 good town roles.
It's not a randomized tie.
Whoever bids 300 on it first has a 300 bid, and then to outbid that person another person must bid higher than 300 to win the item. If 2 people bid 300 on an item, the first player to bid 300 on the item will win it.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #72 (isolation #24) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:02 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 67, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:The role of the MO is not so much to determine which roles will show up, but in what order they will appear. For example, ideally the tracker/watcher roles will appear before Ninja appears, and Cop before Godfather. Since there are 20 roles and 16 will appear throughout the course of 4 Days, we can only avoid 4 of them, and on N3 when there are 8 roles left there is only a 20% chance of avoiding all 4 of those roles that the MO does not ENHANCE. Factor in chances of those roles appearing on prior nights and it's even less likely we can avoid all 4. The good news is that ORDER MATTERS for most of these roles. Godfather is useless to scum once the cop has blown their load, so whoever gets Cop, if you think the MO is town, you can probably afford to save it for one night as it's unlikely that specifically Godfather will appear tomorrow out of 16 roles.
This is good.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #73 (isolation #25) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:03 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 71, Distance wrote:cyrus is the worst candidate for mo in this playerlist lets get real here
I am going to be fuming if Cyrus is voted to be the MO I might actually just give up on humanity at that point tbh
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #79 (isolation #26) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:12 am

Post by Alisae »

If you want something done right you need to do it yourself.
I'm not going to let idiots who don't know how to do obtain mechanical edges run things because I want to win.
Through what I've seen playing on this website given how people use money in previous money games, (When I ran this setup, quite literally no one talked about how to use money, like at all. It wasn't discussed and villagers just kept throwing amounts of money at things for no reason), I strongly believe that players on this website do not know what they're doing.

If that disturbs you, lockvote me. It'll be poetic.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #83 (isolation #27) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:27 am

Post by Alisae »

And you think I wouldn't act this way as a villager because?
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #88 (isolation #28) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:32 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 86, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 83, Alisae wrote:And you think I wouldn't act this way as a villager because?
You're trying to grab control of the game and thread out of the gate, theres no reason why a villager wouldn't try this, but there's every reason for scum to try it.
you're stupid
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #89 (isolation #29) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:33 am

Post by Alisae »

@Pooky
if you're scum this should be the most free win for you ever.
I hate this playerlist
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #90 (isolation #30) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:35 am

Post by Alisae »

Sirius do not joins I am ever in ever again.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #91 (isolation #31) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:35 am

Post by Alisae »

do not join games I am in*
GTKAS