Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:21 pm

Post by Cass »

Hello everyone. The Prince has sent me here to help you solve your... problems. Give me some time to assess the situation (aka read the game) before I speak any judgments.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:52 am

Post by Cass »

I'm going to start with a few brief comments. First, that my role information does not contradict anything Sekinj has said. My arrival also seems a decent explanation of the misunderstanding on day one that led to the unfortunate death of the squire.

I'm neutral on the claiming. I don't think everyone should claim right now, but one or two might help, if those peope think it would not harm the town or help the scum.

I'd like to kick things off by giving you all a chance to get to know me. So, ask me about myself. Anything you'd like to know, anything you think would help. I can't promise to answer all questions, but hey, a lack of answer is information too.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:12 am

Post by Cass »

sekinj wrote:Cass: Where are your quarters? and Do you have a nickname? .
Not in any of the locations that have been mentioned, so this most likely confirms your mysterious 'fifth location that will be used later'. I have no nickname - I guess that's a local tradition around here - but you can call me 'Sir'.
Hey Guys!! This is why OGML AND I didn't have a night action (as cass alluded too)!! 10 players DO, but there are 12 players total not 11. We just didn't know that one players was going to be introduced in the middle
That's my conclusion, yes.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:23 pm

Post by Cass »

Does nobody else have any questions for me? Or even comments on my answers or my very prescence here? I feel a bit ignored, after being introduced with trumpets and banners and all.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Cass »

Very well. I do believe I've given enough information on myself for now.

I agree that Thinktank's lack of attention is very worrying. Sounds like he maybe pre-planned this lynch - though if he did, he didn't do a very good job at it. I hope he has a reasonable explanation for his behaviour. I was already wary of him for refusing to talk about his gender. Unless his gender is the very reason he distrusts Sekinj's sanity. I that case, he seriously should speak up.

Some other things I noticed during my reread:

- Rage's vote which was supposedly stolen, but still worked. Really strange. I was going to ask him about that, but he already addressed it, saying he doesn't understand either. This nags at me.

- @Pimhel: your predecessors vote was also stolen. I know it's not likely, but can you shed any light on the mystery of Rage's stolen (?) vote?

- @Mafiaman: you did an 'Ensorcel' action on day one, but not day two. That makes me very curious. Can you tell us why? Is it at all possible you'll perform this action today? (I won't hold it against you if you can't answer this.)
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:47 am

Post by Cass »

From the context, I thought it was something protective. That's why I didn't insis very strongly on an answer, but now it seems Mafiamann wants to make a guessing game of it. @MM: if you can tell us more, just do so. If you can't - say so and people can stop guessing (it derails the discussion).

After my reread, I found Mariyta by far the scummiest person. I don't have time right now for a case, but one will follow soon. I should also take a good look at Thinktank and Gremwell, to see why people are voting for them.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:41 am

Post by Cass »

My name is Sir Lothar Guile. As I said before, no nickname. I'm also pretty sure I'm not your 'negative consequence', but then my word in that means little. As far as I know, my arrival today was prescheduled.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Cass »

Or that Sekinj lied about the letter in question. It would be a smart thing to do in his position. Still, seems it has cleared one person max, all first names start with different letters.

I don't think Mafiamann has to claim, if he thinks it wouldn't help town. His power appears to be harmless (?) But if he isn't going to explain, he should tell us so. And do some scum-hunting.

Vote count
(9 players alive = 5 to lynch before deadline)
(1) raverblood - Rage
(1) thinktank - sekinj

Not voting:
Cass, Gremwell, MafiaMann, Mariyta, PimHel, raverblood, thinktank

Deadline:
Sunday 28 September 2:00 PM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:22 am

Post by Cass »

I need MM to explain about his switching. Switch what? To what? Are there two targets involved? (One presumedly chosen at night.) Or... how does it work, Mafiamann?

The Rage's claim. Very interesting, but also a tad confusing.
Rage wrote:I am the Scribe, who has the ability to send a message anonymously to any player in the game once each night. My nickname is "Dotty". I’ve successfully sent a message to three players, and they know what they have to do now. Paraphrased, the flavor text for my role is:

"The Baron has asked for your advice before and has come to trust you, asking for your opinion many times. It seems as though there are elements in the Baron's staff that he distrusts, so he's asked you to make your own notes (see "Duty") and hand over them to one of the servants."

My duty is to send my top three suspects to the moderator, accompanied with my night action, every night.
So, the letter-sending and the 'Duty' are two separate night actions? With the first being optional and the second obligatory? Is that right? Would you mind sharing your 'top three' of N0 and N1 with us?
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:28 am

Post by Cass »

One more thing, while we are sharing information. My role PM tells me the threat we are looking for is of a supernatural nature. And as far as I know, magic is supernatural. That makes me think we should lynch Mafiamann... I suppose he could be a supernatural on our side, but that seems a very dangerous assumption. I gave him a chance to exlain himself, but his 'explanation' has only increased my suspicion.

FoS: Mafiamann
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by Cass »

My top two suspects:

A shared first place goes to MM and Qwints. The first because of his unconstructive behaviour and my knowledge that the threat is supernatural - and he appears to be using magic. Whicxh he has failed to explain in any kind of reassuring way. Qwints for deliberately (?) misinterpreting information and for failing to give an explanation about Rage's accusation about the letters. Rage seems to be telling the truth about everything else, so I believe this part too. The evasiveness makes me think nighttalking. Like scum do. also mislike the naming of all te existing rooms. That was unnecessary and not very pro-town.
FoS: Qwints
I'd like you to claim.

Second place is Thinktank, also for wilfully misinterpreting stuff. (This place kinda shared with Mariyta, for being generally very scummy, especially on the early days. Frankly, I don't get why she wasn't lynched on day two...)

I also find Sekinj a bit suspect - but that is mainly because it is hard to trust a chancellor :D flavor-wise, the chancellor would be obv-scum. But as I said, her information is true, the trap was a smart and pro-town move imo and she seems to be scum-hunting.
@Sekinj: I do think it's time you shared one or two more bits of information now. Unless you've nothing of use, that would be a pity.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (isolation #11) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:30 pm

Post by Cass »

@Mafiamann: are you a supernatural creature or do you have supernatural powers? It's a simple yes or no question. Why do you refuse to explain your role?

@qwints: what made you think Rage is a 'servant'? Or thinktank? Is changing votes the only thing you could have commanded? Or could you, say, command someone to claim or to direct their night action to a specific target, to name a few examples?
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (isolation #12) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:23 pm

Post by Cass »

Yes, Qwintz is still not making sense. His one-shot power doesn't add up to me. He can apparently command someone to do something during the day. And not just voting - that's weird. Could there be a connection to the mysterious vote-stealer? That person didn't act last night, right? And maybe I'm missing something, but his claimed powers are pretty weak for a Baroness. I'd think the Baroness would outrank all of us here (assuming the mod is indeed the Baron), so why would her power refer specifically to 'servants'?

He also keeps misinterpreting or misreading stuff and his case on MM somehow feels flimsy (even though I agree that MM is scum).
All this, added to the information that the threat is close to the baron... Rage and Sekinj are close to the baron too, but they're far less scummy.

Vote: Qwintz

I do think Mafiamann is scum too. This might be bussing, this might be mafia vs. SK (I'm using the terms loosely here). But my role pm pretty clearly states that supernatural=bad. There are some flickers of doubt:
- Mostly how he's been relatively open about being a magician, and has to do magic during the day, openly. It is WIFOM though...
- And, as someone else offered, maybe using supernatural powers isn't the same as being supernatural? But that feels too much like outguessing the mod.
Bottom line: with the information I have, I can't possibly give MM the benefit of the doubt. I think Qwints is the beter lynch today, but MM is by no means innocent in my eyes.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:29 pm

Post by Cass »

@Gremwell & Rage & Mafiamann: MM switched Rage with Sekinj night 1 (or so he claims). Could that explain Gremwell not receiving the letter? MM said 'switch targets', could that mean he switched Sekinj's target with Rage's target? (Causing, in this case, if everyone is honest, no nightactions from either of these two.) Or did Rage's letter end up with someone else because of this?

See, Mafiaman, this is why you need to clear up your claim... It is confusing and some explanation could clear people (or the opposite of course!).
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:19 am

Post by Cass »

Mafiamann, I had a pretty specific question for you. But I'll rephrase it, and add some more, because I like information so much:
1) You switched Sekinj and Rage during night one. Do you think this could be the reason Gremwell did not receivve the letter that Rage sent to him?
2) Please explain again, in different words, what exactly you do when you 'ensorcel' someone.
3) Please give us some of your flavor information. What is your official position here at the Baron's court? Are you close to the Baron?
4) Do you have any information in your role pm that would make you think anyone here has been telling lies?
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:23 pm

Post by Cass »

Mariyta wrote:
Cass wrote: 4) Do you have any information in your role pm that would make you think anyone here has been telling lies?
I don't like this question.
Why not? There heve been several claims about roles, actions and information. I just wanted him to say if he had reason to disbelieve any of that. Is that a problem?

The Palace basement. Thats a really odd location, because as far as I know the Baron lives in a mansion, not a palace. I'm not buying it at all. Now, it could be MM is the compulsive liar Sekinj has mentioned - but I'm going with scum. I would love to lynch him today. But I think Qwints is also scum. (And there's no way I want to risk a no-lynch.) If only we could lynch two people...
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:26 pm

Post by Cass »

EBWOP: you know what, it's a bit risky with the deadline so close, but I guess I'll just have to make sure I'm back here before then.
Unvote
Vote: Mafiamann

Now Gremwell, Pimhel and Thinktank - please pick a side.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:24 am

Post by Cass »

Well, I think I've asked all the questions I want to ask today. Do you have anything particular you want to discuss? Any questions for ayone? Any comments to make?
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (isolation #18) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:42 am

Post by Cass »

Rage wrote: @Cass,
Cass wrote:
Not in any of the locations that have been mentioned, so this most likely confirms your mysterious 'fifth location that will be used later
Where do you stay at night?
The right wing. Like Mafiamann claims, which makes me think again about some things.
sekinj wrote:
Cass: I know that someone feels obligated to tell lies. But that is all I know.
What exactly was this in response to?
I asked MM if he had reason to think anyone was lying. Sekinj chose to answer my question as well.

Also, I think they are probably both scum. I don't think they are in the same group, which would explain why Qwints is attacking MM so aggressively. I do not want a no lynch
at all
, and will switch my vote without hesitation to avoid it. But right now, that needs the help of one other player...

I think Thinktank and Mariyta could be scum too, but I want to reevaluate that tomorrow, after we see someone flip.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (isolation #19) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:32 pm

Post by Cass »

1) Qwintz is scum.

Vote: Qwintz

2) Yes I am the emissary.

3) No, I am not a vanilla. I defintely have an active nightchoice.

4) I'm not strongly against claiming, but I think we can wait until tomorrow. We've got our scum for the day.

5) Mafiamann as a
town
sorcerer means the mod is
evil
:shock:

6) Qwintz is telling the truth about my change of location, in case this is relevant to anyone.

7) Rage, I got your letter.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by Cass »

I know for a fact that Qwintz is scum. I have good hope to live through the night. If you guys think massclaiming now is necessary, go ahead, but I don't think it is.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (isolation #21) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:23 am

Post by Cass »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
cass wrote: I know for a fact that Qwintz is scum. I have good hope to live through the night. If you guys think massclaiming now is necessary, go ahead, but I don't think it is.
If cass has evidence that makes qwintz scum, and its damning to the point where either cass is lying or qwintz is scum, then a massclaim really isn't necessary today, all it gives is scum night targets.
Exactly.

And yes, I'm pretty much claiming cop here. I could elaborate, but I think scum has plenty of information already. For that same reason, massclaim seemed better tomorrow, to me, but now that TSPN has claimed I'd like to see Think's claim too. Perhaps then Sekinj can tell us some more.

TSPN's claim makes no sense at all. Also, does his location not put us at six possible locations, Sekinj? And with MM being in my start location, that whole location thing seems kinda shaky... Also, why would the Baron die/lose if the emissary dies? Mar has also claimed this lose condition, and that seems very off. Makes me think one of them is scum.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:50 am

Post by Cass »

My win condition is basically that all scum need to die. No special lose condition. I was not aware something interesting would be caused by my death. I agree you should not go into any detail on that, whatever it may be.
@Cass, have you investigated anyone else, and who? With this comes the possibility of confirming a couple people tonight, so it may be best to answer the question tomorrow, or before Qwints is lynched.
I have been here only one night.

@Sekinj: if you assume I'm a cop, you've got all the details. Also a question: you mentioned that someone here 'has to lie', or something like that. Could that be TSPN? I mean, a non-existant location, a role that's unlikely to be in the game, all that seems just a really dumb thing for scum to claim, so it makes me wonder.

I'm pretty sure TSPN is scum. But I'd prefer to lynch the person I'm 100% sure is scum. She's squirming right now, but I don't think anyone seriously still thinks I'm the liar between us two.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”