Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #783 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:56 am

Post by Rockatansky »

I just wanted to let you all know that I am here and plan on actively posting. I quickly skimmed the thread last night with the idea that night would fall this afternoon. Now that d1 has been extended I'll do a closer reread and come back with my thoughts.

Like BG claimed, I am Bonny and am lovers with xtom. We have nightchat but no powers other than that. I don't know his role or alignment. I saw that he posted earlier that he is not Joe. That jives with the flavor text that came along with my role, so I'm inclined to believe him.
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #816 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:57 am

Post by Rockatansky »

LlamaFluff wrote:
RestFermata wrote:I want to put some pressure on reborn. I am really starting to get uneasy about this whole double JOAT thing. The JOAT is a powerful role. Llama's was toned down. reborn's apparently is superpowerful and essential to the town. Unlynchable. Yet the character he claimed has homicidal tendencies and, apparently, so does reborn. Threatening us with the Death Ray and all.
Inventor fits his claim and it is not a JOAT although I am not sure if reborn really knows how his role works, because what he described really doesnt sound like a standard inventor role.

From my mafia knowlegde, inventor gives things to other players to use instead of using items on them. The recipiant can use the item on subsequent nights. When we factor in that reborn doesnt have set items like inventors I have seen, he might not even give something every night. Reborn is a bastardized-inventor, much like I am a bastardized-JOAT. Both our roles have the posibility to be increadably powerful for the town, or to backfire horribly.
My issue with your claims is that no matter what happens/doesn't happen tonight, either of you can claim that you did/didn't have anything to do with it.
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #895 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:32 am

Post by Rockatansky »

RestFermata wrote:Why did both BG and Rockatansky spell Bonnie's name wrong?
It's spelled "Bonny" in the role pm.
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #897 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:42 am

Post by Rockatansky »

reborn537 wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:I might think one up later, if someone I remotely care about telling asks.
So yeah, you're voting for me because I'm voting for you. I was going to hold off on you two until tomorrow, but seriously. I think we have the best chance of catching scum by lynching you.
Earlier you said that you would never lynch a claimed role today. Why the 180?
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #899 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:57 am

Post by Rockatansky »

RestFermata wrote:1.) There are both pro-town and anti-town reasons for Xtoxm to withhold this information.

2.) Xtoxm claimed the information he felt necessary to claim, not because he was brought to L-1 and the town demanded him to claim, but because his lover partner, BG, screeched out her claim under minimal pressure.

3.) There are both pro-town and anti-town reasons for reborn to push Xtoxm to nameclaim.

4.) Reborn has been consistently analyzing people's claims and asking them to reveal the flavor text of their role.

Therefore, I find this whole thing to be kind of null.
I agree with this, and I don't get people who are saying that xtoxm, because he won't name claim, must be scum.

I think xtoxm has been wrong about just about everything he's posted this game, but being wrong doesn't make him scum. The way that he continued to push for LF's lynch even after he took heat for it seems more like a townie who is convinced he's right than scum. I disagree with the idea of lynching LF because of LF's vote limitation, but I think if xtoxm were scum he'd just shut up about it rather than continue to draw attention to himself.

I'm obviously somewhat biased in my analysis, since if xtoxm dies I die, but I think he is likely to be misguided town here.
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #900 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:01 am

Post by Rockatansky »

Xtoxm wrote:
  • His request for me to nameclaim
  • His threat to vote me should I not namclaim
  • Him voting me when I baited him
  • His use of WIFOM to warrant a vote on me, it is by far usually scum who brings this up
  • His accusation of OMUS when I said I could be convinced on his lynch
I hope you see how, even though you have five bullet points listed out here, your case against reborn pretty much consists of the fact that he's voting for you.
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #916 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:34 am

Post by Rockatansky »

It's a little disconcerting that as soon as xtoxm takes the vote lead (I think? can we get a count?), the thread completely dies.
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #923 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Rockatansky »

reborn537 wrote:Kloud
Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that.
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #928 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:59 am

Post by Rockatansky »

Xtoxm wrote:Did someone just talk to me?

...No, no there was nothing...
It's like I'm playing with an anchor around my neck.

That being said, his behavior today is classic town meltdown.
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #932 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by Rockatansky »

Xtoxm wrote:I want BG back.
And if wishes were horses we'd all be eating steak tonight :D
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #974 (isolation #10) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:19 am

Post by Rockatansky »

elvis_knits wrote:I think he made a mistake by saying he invented the items for himself because people started to point out that is different than the usual definition of the inventor role.

So then he had to say he misread his PM.

Now he is in the position of having to give his invention to another player, which is much more complicated for him to fake. He either has say he sent his invention to whoever he NK'ed, or a scum buddy has to vouch for him (very dangerous for both), or he has to say "I must have been blocked."

If any of the above situations happen tonight (in the event we don't lynch him today), I think we should definitely lynch him tomorrow.
I agree with what you've posted about reborn. First off, the way he claimed made no sense: "Seeing as we're so close to the deadline, and I consider myself to have a pretty important power role, I'm going to roleclaim." (post #508). At that point he had three votes. If he were truly an "important power role," then he would want to keep quiet and hope he doesn't get NK'ed. Instead, he claims inventor, yet somehow thinks he's going to be a target ahead of the BG and the cop.

Nor do I believe him when he claimed to misread his role PM. I don't see how the issue of whether he keeps his own inventions or sends them to another player could be confused, especially when he had plenty of time to closely read his pm before claiming.

Finally, he claims that he will be "confirmed" tomorrow, when, as I mentioned above, we will most likely have no way to verify whether he actually invented anything, whether it was sent to another player, and what, if any, effect it had.

unvote

vote reborn
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #993 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Rockatansky »

elvis_knits wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:It would be risky to claim he gave it to a scumpartner, and have the partner confirm a lie, in the sense that if one gets caught the other is automatically also caught.
This is what I meant by risky to have scum partner vouch for you. You can try to get out of it by WIFOM in some cases. But it could also be really bad.
Or his partner could say, "he gave me a death ray but it didn't work." Or "he gave me x-ray machine and I examined player x and he's town."
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1138 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Rockatansky »

Reborn floundered pretty badly when questioned about his roleclaim, and yet somehow the wagon magically diverts away from him. The fact that his square-wheeled wagon has stalled out a couple times now makes me even more sure that he is scum.

I've read back over TT's posts, and I don't find anything that stands out as particularly scummy, other than his 180 on whether or not to vote for myself and xtoxm. However, he's not the only person to do that.

I don't like the fact that IG has pretty much disappeared after claiming. If he's town he should at least help out with the scum hunting.
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1139 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by Rockatansky »

kloud1516 wrote:Meh, miss a day of activity and I find about five new pages worth of content. :oops:

Responding to inquiries:
Xtoxm wrote:Kloud, you express extreme confidence in BG being scum. (Ignoring the fact that I disagree with you) This should mean you have extreme confidence that I am town. Yet you express some suspicion for me, too. This makes no sense.

Why is this?
I wouldn't say it is extreme confidence, xtoxm. As I said earlier, BG gave off the biggest scum vibes to me, and
Rock hasn't really done anything imo to alter my perspectives
. So, while one can't be 100 percent sure, I am going on what I have, and at the moment that would be that BG has exhibited some of the most suspicious behavior in the game so far. I feel as though your inquiry is a loaded question/chain of reasoning, as you seem to be assuming that I have completely ruled you out as scum. This wouldn't be a wise thing to do--especially day one.

Like I have said several times, I am more inclined to think you are indeed town, and will be helpful in scum hunting efforts later on, but town can look just as suspicious as scum at times (which is why I am not completely confident that BG/Rock are scum), thus my reasoning for my expressing some suspicion of you. Most of my concerns with you revolve around your early play and your insistence on the LF Day 1 lynch, and then the way you responded to questioning about your vote on reborn. These are the only things I can remember me not particularly liking about you so far.

unvote: xtoxm
; as TT is the lynch for today, there is no point in keeping my vote on you.

I will try to post again before deadline. I am hoping to do another sweep through to make sure I didn't miss anything that needs to be addressed.
You've said this a couple of times now without actually providing any examples or making any argument as to why you think I'm scummy.
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1381 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Rockatansky »

I'm still here, I didn't "flake."

xtoxm kept asking me in night chat if I had any powers, that's why I didn't respond to him. Why he would ask me that as town is beyond me. Between that and his scummy play, I'm starting to think that he is more than likely scum. I was obviously hoping that wasn't the case, but it looks like we need to be lynched at some point.

I do have a power that I should claim though: I am a watcher. I targeted LF last night and was told that he performed no night action.

vote llamafluff
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1383 (isolation #15) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Rockatansky »

Regarding reborn, I think it's ridiculous that he apparently can't even read his own role pm, but if kmd (who is one of the towniest players) is corroborating his story then we should believe them.
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1389 (isolation #16) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Rockatansky »

elvis_knits wrote:
OMG simulpost.

So you're a lover AND a watcher? Is that even possible? I'll have to think about this, but I don't know if I've ever heard of a role like this with two powers. It makes me very suspicious of you.
I don't think I'd call being attached at the hip to a likely scum a "power."
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1391 (isolation #17) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Rockatansky »

elvis_knits wrote:Good call reborn!
wiki wrote:The Watcher is a somewhat common information role that can target a person at night and learn who targeted that person the same night.

The role can be contrasted with the Tracker, who tracks a player to see who they target, rather than who targets them.
It sounds like rock tried to fake tracker, but said watcher.

vote rocktansky
The role pm says "watcher." Just like it says "Bonny" even though it's spelled "Bonnie" on the show.
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1399 (isolation #18) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Rockatansky »

GhostWriter wrote:Wow, rock, way to kill yourself!

Sarcasm aside, if you look back at the other claims, the abilities match the character. How does a watcher OR a tracker match Bonnie?
Wow, you're exactly right! Herbert and Bonnie are lovers, just like on the show! Joe's not a cop, that's exactly like it is on Family Guy! And remember that episode where Cleveland was a bodyguard? That one's the best!

You sound pretty desperate to cast suspicion on anyone other than yourself.
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1473 (isolation #19) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by Rockatansky »

unvote

vote rockatansky
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1562 (isolation #20) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by Rockatansky »

Kmd4390 wrote:Well, I believe Rock is at L-1...
What are you waiting for? You didn't seem to have any hesitation whacking TT yesterday.
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1574 (isolation #21) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Rockatansky »

gw and std are my scum partners

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”