Mini Theme 2155: SIN: This Impurity must be Cleansed!

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

RIP BananaCucho.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:27 pm

Also RIP me for being up this late.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #62 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:57 am

VOTE: androgybee

Can we not troll please
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #63 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:59 am

Radical Rat is Radical Town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #66 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:09 am

The flavor crumb in is like, totally legit, man.

And yeah it could be fake flavor but crumbing fake flavor seems far less likely.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #113 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:29 am

In post 68, Joey_ wrote:Im bad at reading crumbs/flavor, can you explain?
I mean it's presumably a religious crumb, I would not expect Radical Rat to pull this out of nowhere (I may be wrong, though).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #114 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:30 am

In post 72, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Why do you think they're trolling?
Or, perhaps said in another way, why are you voting them?
The vote is just to indicate my distaste that they made me legitimately stress about what they said until I decided to ask Dunn if such a thing was possible and he said no.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #115 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:30 am

In post 74, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Radical Rat said "something something sayeth
the lord
" which may be a flavor claim to Saintess, etc.

-Dumbass
Okay well I wasn't gonna say it but yes since you mentioned it anyway I thought it could have been a saintess crumb.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #117 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:33 am

I just said it was a generic religious crumb, which it well could have been, the saintess thing just also crossed my mind. Even if it wasn't a saintess crumb it was still towny.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #118 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:33 am

I'm sorry for dropping that vote and disappearing but in retrospect I like the discussion it caused.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #121 (isolation #10) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:44 am

It's not super common, and this setup isn't very thematic anyway. It's something I might expect from specific people, but Radical Rat is not among them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #123 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:46 am

Hey, you could have asked him too before you did it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #130 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:51 am

I'm sorry, I do feel bad shooting down your gambit, but it was just so annoying to consider the possibility of. If you'd picked a penalty that was less severe I probably would have let it be.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #133 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:53 am

In post 129, androgybee wrote:Not to mention it's kinda funny.
you have a pretty sick sense of humor
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #138 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:08 am

How do you know scum have daytalk?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #141 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:15 am

Fair enough.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #167 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:13 pm

In post 165, Jackel98 wrote:@SS What exactly did you ask the mod about? Like, bee's claim specifically or post restrictions in general?
I asked about post restrictions applying to a player without their knowledge.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #291 (isolation #17) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:08 am

In post 185, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Catboi's attitude to the game in post is shit and i want to vote there now.
What's wrong with it
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #296 (isolation #18) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:47 am

I felt it was a pretty good climax. Everyone's unsure of whether to trust it and some people are following it out of fear and then I drop a cryptic vote and leave, and then right at the height of the discussion I reveal that I knew it was a bluff all along.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #299 (isolation #19) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:03 am

In post 298, Starbuck wrote:I know other folks asked this both before and after this post, but pointing this out is scummy AF.
but I was not the one who pointed it out
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #300 (isolation #20) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:05 am

In post 298, Starbuck wrote:What did you like about it?
arguably it was the major thing that kickstarted non-RVS discussion
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #301 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:05 am

At the very least, it was a significant source of the same.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #311 (isolation #22) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:19 am

In post 307, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 306, Starbuck wrote:What's shit about it?
I've answered this exact question 10 times now.
Just link it, she clearly isn't caught up
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #379 (isolation #23) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:34 am

In post 376, Dumb and Dumber wrote:I have lost any semblance of a townread I had on androgybee
Explain
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #382 (isolation #24) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:02 am

In post 380, Dumb and Dumber wrote:I feel like they're unenthused more than I'd expect them to be, and I dislike their Jackel take.

- Dumber
What Banana said, and also, why would you not expect them to be unenthused after their gambit was shot down?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #384 (isolation #25) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:18 am

In post 129, androgybee wrote:
In post 126, NorwegianboyEE wrote:You lied about the corruption? Y tho
Rad Rat playing into it made me town read him.
Which gave me my first good read of the game.

People act AI in response to trolling because town can be pretty silly and speculative in regards to what you say. Not to mention it's kinda funny.

~Bee
The motivation seems pretty clear to me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #426 (isolation #26) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:13 am

In post 422, Jackel98 wrote:@Something_Smart: Is your vote still where you want it? What are your current reads and opinions?
It's still a protest vote so sure?

I'll have to get back to you on reads
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #478 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:14 pm

Hmm uh

Radical Rat is still town

androgybee, D&D, catboi > rand town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #479 (isolation #28) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:15 pm

is funny and probably > rand town
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #480 (isolation #29) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:16 pm

Norwee is annoying but I don't think that's AI. He was pretty annoying in Smuggler's Port and he was town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #490 (isolation #30) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:14 pm

It's not a read
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #494 (isolation #31) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:35 am

In post 491, NorwegianboyEE wrote:It should be, i still don’t know who you scumread or where you want to place your vote.
That makes two of us!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #498 (isolation #32) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:33 am

Who is alligator
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #509 (isolation #33) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:24 am

In post 505, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Why are we randtown?
What do you think of the fact that I scumread you?
I don't remember

I didn't know that you scumread me
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #511 (isolation #34) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:35 am

It makes you slightly townier

Posting what?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #513 (isolation #35) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:39 am

oh nvm I see it

because going against the grain and scumreading someone you believe to be widely townread is towny, so long as they are in fact town
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #515 (isolation #36) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:01 am

In post 430, Dumb and Dumber wrote:I'm not sure exactly where to put them, but I just wanted to make it known since I'm seeing a lot of people saying they're townreading him.
what is this then
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #516 (isolation #37) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:01 am

I await your explanation beyond "lol he's passive"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #519 (isolation #38) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:10 am

In post 517, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Huh
OK I forgot that I wrote that and do not currently believe you to be widely townread

- Dumber
That hardly matters, because it seems like you believed it when you formed the read.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #520 (isolation #39) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:11 am

In post 518, Dumb and Dumber wrote:It basically is just that tho :/
Well that's bad then. I'm passive as town too. Sometimes even more passive? But it depends on the game. My wim has been pretty low as both alignments recently, even for me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #522 (isolation #40) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:44 am

you think I'm more self-conscious as town?

almost nobody is more self-conscious as town, least of all me

when someone drops a post, especially a read list, when I'm scum, the first thing I look for is their read on me

I sometimes do this as town too but I'm a lot less likely to forget it as scum
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #525 (isolation #41) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:54 am

In post 523, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Actually, i’m super self-concious as town.
And i’ve gotten scumread for it about a thousand times now
My guess is this is just because you are self-conscious in general, and not specifically as town.

Regardless it's definitely a standard trait to be more self-conscious as scum than as town, and I am that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #539 (isolation #42) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:26 pm

In post 527, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Have you found any scumreads yet?
No
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #540 (isolation #43) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:28 pm

In post 528, androgybee wrote:i have a recent sample size of 1 with im where i correctly scumread him
When was this?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #560 (isolation #44) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:52 pm

In post 549, NDMath wrote:I strongly disagree. I consider, and sometimes even use self-consciousness as a town tell.
Town has a mob of people constantly watching + evaluating them while having little information themself, whereas scum know they've got people looking out for them.
Well maybe it's more player-specific than I'm giving it credit for, but in my opinion, town know they have nothing to hide and anyone who challenges them on that is Wrong. Whereas scum DO have something to hide and they know that anyone challenging them on that is Right, and that's bound to affect their interactions. It's going to make them afraid that they might be giving something away, because they actually have something to give away.

At least, that's what I'm like!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #608 (isolation #45) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:46 pm

In post 604, androgybee wrote:S_S if you're still here: last time we played (it was Trust Fall, i was on my alt Tipsy) i scumread you correctly on an IIoA basis. but like, sample size of 1 and all that. now that Trust Fall is over, would you say that was a fair read or do think I just got lucky there?

~Nahdia
right I forgot that game happened lol

I'm pretty IIoA as either alignment. I will have to go back and look at exactly what you said about me, one moment
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #614 (isolation #46) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:54 pm

ok so nahdia it seems that your big issue was that I did a lot of "analysis" and not a lot of reads, but when I questioned you on why making reads as scum was harder than making analysis, you said that you thought we had different definitions of analysis. And given that IIoA implies a lack of analysis, it kinda sounds like you're the one using it incorrectly...?

But no matter. As I defined it, it wasn't scummy for me to do a lot of analysis and not a lot of reads; it was just a coincidence I believe. That said it is entirely possible that you did catch on to something valid there, but I don't think it could have been my lack of reads.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #632 (isolation #47) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:24 pm

In post 627, androgybee wrote:basically in that game and this one, most of his content is reactive to the game happening around him as opposed to proactively sorting and forming reads.
Yup. This is how I operate. Ask uhh

Shit there's actually not a lot of players here that are familiar with me. Maybe Porkens?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #634 (isolation #48) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:27 pm

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #636 (isolation #49) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:27 pm

I would probably not recommend trusting secondhand meta on all but the most objective of claims.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #637 (isolation #50) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:29 pm

In post 635, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Smart: everything ok, bud? What's up with the loss of wim? Your tone feels off (not in the scummy sense) to me.

-Your opposite
Idk

Probably my boring-ass summer internship is making my life feel real boring.

It ends next week though so I guess we get to test that theory (after that weekend where I'll be out of town :X)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #711 (isolation #51) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:01 pm

Somebody give me the tl;dr on the NDMath case
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #775 (isolation #52) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:56 am

In post 711, Something_Smart wrote:Somebody give me the tl;dr on the NDMath case
But nobody came...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”