Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (isolation #0) » Tue May 27, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by Guardian »

Hey guys. Hi to those I've played with before, and hi to those I'm just meeting. My replacing in may be temporary -- June 15 vacation starts... may be able to keep playing, but then again maybe not... Zindaras might get to come back if he is un-busy, and he and I might two-head at some point... In any event, I'm here for now, but don't get too attached ;P.

I read this game. All of it. Nice cutscene for me replacing, Ether, btw. It turned downhill at around page 29, but I kept reading.

I finally get to the last page and find out that I'm pseudo confirmed town. That's always fun. Maybe Skruffs & Zindaras (me) can stop yelling at each other now. I read/skimmed most of the arguments those two had and I really didn't think highly of them to be honest. 29 and onwards seemed mostly filled with long paragraphs of town on town fights that were stupid, and I'd have said this even if Skruffs & me didn't have "we are likely town" role information. I thought Skruffs & Y & Zindaras were all probably town yelling at each other, and getting my (pro-town :P) role I think that even more.

I have a fairly good idea of who the scum are too. My initial guesses are Mizzy, Yosarian2, and Andy.

Mizzy
: Post 63, anyone? Near the end of day 1 and early day 2 the town seemed ready to lynch her... What happened? I think Mizzy has talked a lot in this game but her votes have ended up being near the end of townie wagons, a la Rotten Snitch.

Yos:
Sir T's 53 & Mizzy's 63 lead to a Sir T - Mizzy connection for me, should Mizzy turn up scum. I must have re-read page 3 half a dozen times, it is the one thing that stuck out to me most in reading. Mizzy's 63 seemed like it would have had to include Sir T's vote in 52 in its scope, if not as its main focus, and in 53 the 'buddying to Mizzy' seems just overdone by Sir Tornado -- how does he have such a good idea Mizzy is town at this point to accuse someone of buddying with her???

Yos2's case on RS seemed like skillful scummy Yos taking advantage of unskillful townie RS. I think Yos2 is scum, but I am not "calling it" as of yet, for the record (meta: I've never been wrong when I've explicitly said I'm calling it, 3/3, and I don't want this game to be the first wrong, so I am hesitant to call it!)

Andy:
Lurker scum. Hammers suspicious.

My main target is Mizzy.
FOS

Mizzy has done suspicious things in this game and then backtracked and/or explained them away. Just because she can explain her suspicious actions well doesn't mean that they weren't suspicious; like with post 63, I see her explanation as a backtrack and think what she really meant was closer to what she was accused of having meant than she claimed.

Questions, comments, and suggestions are welcome and encouraged. Let's lynch some scum.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (isolation #1) » Tue May 27, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by Guardian »

Yosarian2 wrote:Heh...as soon as I saw that you replaced Zinderas, I KNEW you were going to suspect me as soon as you replaced into this game.
Funny... I remember Yosarian2 complaining about me always finding him suspicious... only when he's actually been scum.
Yosarian2 wrote:Fact is, Rotton Snitch has looked hella scummy basically the whole game. It's easy for you to come in NOW and say "Oh, rotton snitch was clearly just inept town..." but it certanly wasn't clear to anyone before his lynch.
eldarad in [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1053711#1053711]Post 893[/url] wrote:I find the RS wagon to be very unappealing. I would be very reluctant to join that wagon unless something radically changed.
Skruffs in [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1048284#1048284]Post 870[/url] wrote:I just finished modding a Newbie Game where Rotten Snitch was a town and gothimself lynched. I don't have any evidence of a game where he was scum, so there's no way to compare, but. Well you can see for yourself. I think the playstyles are similar in both games, but I don't know if his playstyle as scum is different than that as town.
I read after reading alignments, but the whole game I was like "why is RS being suspected...?" You were pretty much the lone voice on him for a while Yos. I don't think the majority of the players wanted to vote RS until you convinced them to on day three, and Skruffs and especially eldarad were opposed to RS lynching. I think it 'certainly was clear to them' that he was a bad lynch before his lynch. Look at Day 2's vote counts for even more evidence of this.
yosarian2 wrote:In retrospect, I really do think I should have gotten off him and onto Eldred yesterday, as that was what my gut was telling me to do, but eh, he just acted incredibly anti-town all game, I don't regret wagoning him at all.
Again, I disagree. He acted fairly newb all game, and I do regret you wagoning a townie to lynch. It is odd that you don't regret wagoning a townie to lynch, Yos.

Why Eldred? Where did you say this?
Yos2 wrote:By the way, I'm sure I don't need to point out that we're in lynch or lose, one wrong vote and we lose. If you're really going to vote me, warn me first, I believe I do have the ability to change your mind if I absolutly have to....

[two posts later]...damnit, I actually was wrong about being able to prove I wasn't scum. Crap.
I'm sure I don't need to point out how scummy that looks.
Yosarian2 wrote:I've also got a gut feeling that Mizzy is probably town. I don't really think Mizzy has really done any "suspicious things" or "backtracked" from them or whatever. If you could be more clear on what you mean on that...
Hm. I could try. Not tonight.

One thing I noted in re-reading though is how aggressively eldarad defends RS. Hmm...
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (isolation #2) » Wed May 28, 2008 5:04 am

Post by Guardian »

Pet peeve: selective, partial quoting:
Guardian wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Fact is, Rotton Snitch has looked hella scummy basically the whole game. It's easy for you to come in NOW and say "Oh, rotton snitch was clearly just inept town..." but it certanly wasn't clear to anyone before his lynch.
eldarad in [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1053711#1053711]Post 893[/url] wrote:I find the RS wagon to be very unappealing. I would be very reluctant to join that wagon unless something radically changed.
Skruffs in [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1048284#1048284]Post 870[/url] wrote:I just finished modding a Newbie Game where Rotten Snitch was a town and gothimself lynched. I don't have any evidence of a game where he was scum, so there's no way to compare, but. Well you can see for yourself. I think the playstyles are similar in both games, but I don't know if his playstyle as scum is different than that as town.
I read after reading alignments, but the whole game I was like "why is RS being suspected...?" You were pretty much the lone voice on him for a while Yos. I don't think the majority of the players wanted to vote RS until you convinced them to on day three, and Skruffs and especially eldarad were opposed to RS lynching. I think it 'certainly was clear to them' that he was a bad lynch before his lynch. Look at Day 2's vote counts for even more evidence of this.
Do you agree with this assessment, Yos2?

Mizzy: I didn't like 63, for example, I think I made that clear. I didn't like your behavior on the RS wagon. That's the beginnings of where I'm coming from. Can you respond to that any more than you have in the thread? No? Do you find me so unintelligible you can't respond to these two things?

I also read Yos2 to try and understand his perspective more about eldarad. Basically, Yos2 didn't like how eldarad was suspicious of Mizzy, or how he didn't articulate well or respond to questions about his defense of RS. Yes?

I can kind of see it, kind of can't... I am suspicious of Mizzy and don't think I'm articulating it particularly well, and while I could go back and quote posts of RS and explain why I find them town-like, I haven't answered well about RS either. Does that mean I'm scum? (shrug) The thing is eldarad was there at the time and was being constantly asked to explain and didn't. If I was being thought suspicious and asked repeatedly, I could probably get my act together and explain better where I am coming from about Mizzy and Rotten Snitch.

eldarad, can you go back and explain why you found RS town? Can you explain in one concise post why you find/found Mizzy suspicious? Who do you think should be lynched today?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (isolation #3) » Wed May 28, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Guardian »

Yosarian2 wrote:Heh. Not complaining, Guardian, I just knew it.

Anyway, I was sure you were going to be suspicious of me; if nothing else, because I've been scum like the last 7 completed games I played with you, lol.
Are you implying I only found you suspicious because you've been scum in the past?

Also for the record, at least in what Ether initially gave me, there was no confirmation on my end that anything was stuffed up my nose by Skruffs or whatnot.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (isolation #4) » Wed May 28, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Guardian »

Post 62, as Mizzy figured out.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (isolation #5) » Wed May 28, 2008 10:25 am

Post by Guardian »

Mizzy: I pretty much refuse to meta, but Yos2 seems to have done so... (shrug) maybe it is a null tell.

I think my suspicion of you has not been articulated well, and I won't vote you until I articulate it well, but I do think my suspicion on you is worthy. Like I said I am open to being convinced otherwise and being convinced that others are scum. Yos2 isn't doing a bad job on that front, though, maybe I'm just really wrong in my initial thoughts :P.

What's up people who I didn't say I was suspicious of initially? What do you think of my entry and suspicions? Who do we lynch today?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (isolation #6) » Thu May 29, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Guardian »

I thought my theory was pretty logical, but I don't really object to you voting him; I doubt greatly Yos & eldred are scum together and it seems not unlikely that one of you is scum.

eldarad you answered 2/3 of my points swimmingly, but if you could go back and look at why you found RS townie and explain that it would be great.

Also: anticipation:
Zindaras and I will likely merge in the new future and two-head this game. After he saw he'd been replaced he just didn't want to leave :). I even already made an account for it, just Ether needs to announce it I think ;P.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (isolation #7) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Guardian »

Although, yos, what about say, any three of andy, Y, Skruffs, hasdgfas. Would that not be a possible group?

Skruffs and Y and hasd both seem pretty town to me though :P.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (isolation #8) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Guardian »

both is the wrong word there but you know what I mean. I added hasd; he seems the least town of those three.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Guardian »

Yeah, from my POV, either eldarad is scum, or Yos2, hasdgfas, Sweatpants, is the scum group.

HM.

Is Yos2, hasdgfas, Sweatpants such an unreasonable scum group???

Uh oh. :X

Could... o.O? I don't think so but...
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:34 am

Post by Guardian »

hm skimming isnt condusive to good reading.

i missed some discussion. anyways cary on.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1343 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:40 am

Post by Guardian »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
guardian wrote: That ALONE should make us want to avoid no lynch like the plague.
I agree with this.
guardian wrote: Let's lynch TSPN, and lynch him before we mess up this deadline block madness.
Not so much with this. Is there any particular reason you think mizzy is town? Because she's not.
Stop being reasonable. It makes me have to rethink things :\.

Either you are scum or Mizzy is scum, or the scum don't have the stones to quick hammer. I'm not sure I want to discount option three, but it certainly seems less plausible than the other two... Why would Mizzy BE scum though?

You have all of andy's crimes on your head, and your quick lylo vote. What of her past?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:40 am

Post by Guardian »

Skruffs wrote:Voting first in a six man lylo is not disastous; two townies would need to still be voting for a scum quick lynch, assuming a 3 man initial scum group.

Something about guardian's paranoia about the items intrigues me. There is no reason to think there is a scum inventor, is there? Are any claimed items not able to be tracked back to yosaraian2?

We have:
Moonshine(n3?)
Chain letter (n1)
Wolfsbane (n4)
And I think someone claimed an item n2 but haven't revealed it yet. the jailkeeper is dead, so the two missing kills are so far unexplained. Either A) scum didn't have a kill or B) didn't send one in, C) the kill was stopped by another role or item.
What about unclaimed items...? Are you fishing for them, Skruffs?
Skruffs wrote:Tt: why are you pushing so hard for tspn on such weak grounds?
Why do you keep insisting the grounds are weak? What about all Andy did? What about Yosarian2's analysis that is still valid? What about his quick vote in LYLO and insistence Mizzy is scum?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:40 am

Post by Guardian »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:That's true, I've never played with you before, maybe its your style.

Do we definitely know the chain letter was sent N1? If so, then there are two item sources, or yosarian could produce two items.
I received the chain letter N1. I've claimed this.
Guardian in 1232 wrote:Zindy received it night 1 and sent it to Yosarian2 night 2.
So that's three items in one night with hasd claiming.

So I think I stand on firm ground to say that we have reason to believe items are plentiful and that we should act as if that is the case.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1346 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Guardian »

Mizzy wrote:
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Do we definitely know the chain letter was sent N1? If so, then there are two item sources, or yosarian could produce two items.
I got the chain letter from Yos2 via Ether (at least, I believe) not on N1 because, as Yos2 says in it, he forgot to send it N1 and so I got it delayed. I then sent it to Skruffs.
Huh? Maybe there are two chain letters? Mine was received blank from the heavens night 1, then sent to Yos2 on night 2.

Talking about how we find ourselves in a interesting position is how the first sentence of that letter started, as Zindy wrote it. Same letter, or no?

Maybe the letter can be sent multiple times in one night if people write fast enough?

I am still very unconvinced that we should be lynching anyone other than TSPN. I mean, I might go on with lynching Y, but then I'd still want to lynch TSPN tomorrow if Y is scum, so I'd rather just lynch TSPN first since I'm more sure of him.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1348 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Guardian »

I don't know where it went after Zindy > Yos2, or where it came from night 1, but yeah, your description of what happened seems to make sense, especially if the part Zindy wrote and Ether game me access too is there unedited.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1350 (isolation #16) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:28 am

Post by Guardian »

Random thought: is there any reason for the letter's contents not to be public knowledge? I mean I have no access to it so that is something of a judgment call for Mizzy and Skruffs. But seeing the letter may/may not be useful. Eh?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:10 am

Post by Guardian »

Deadline post in case I forget later.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by Guardian »

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1373 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:22 pm

Post by Guardian »

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1381 (isolation #20) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:53 am

Post by Guardian »

Man this day has been so productive once we entered deadline blocks.

It is almost like we aren't just wasting time.

[/sarcasm]
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1387 (isolation #21) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:11 pm

Post by Guardian »

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1389 (isolation #22) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Guardian »

If you want a no lynch, why not vote no lynch?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1393 (isolation #23) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:51 am

Post by Guardian »

hm.

unvote

I want to think about lynching Y.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1395 (isolation #24) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:16 pm

Post by Guardian »

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (isolation #25) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Guardian »

Skruffs: have you ever played with me as town on the forum? I believe you have. Did I not act in a similar manner?

Is my changing earlier stances really indicative of my alignment whatsoever?

Also: note the time similarity of those posts: they both happened before eldarad showed up as SCUM and Yos2 showed up as TOWN. Yos2 getting that right and being town helped sway me to his theories a bit :P.

I think I am OK with lynching Y, since I think {TSPN, Y, hasdgfas} contain all our remaining scum, and that Y is TSPN's most likely partner.

(Shrug)
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:12 pm

Post by Guardian »

Skruffs, you seem to be basing your pseudo-suspicion of me based on the notion I'd rather brag at the end of the game rather than lynch correctly. Honestly... piss off. In both Ork and especially in Big Love, no one else had any idea of what was going on. I replaced out of BL because half the people were playing like idiots, and in Ork I led the only lynch of scum until we lynched the last scum because we had a guilty on them/innocent on everyone else.

And as for 'giving credence to your suspicion'... you're
not
trying to pull the 'scummy for overdefending' card are you? Because we all know that's a load of whooey. What was I meant to do -- blissfully ignore you?

Also, Skruffs, if you did receive wolfsbane and it was actually useless, how might you possibly come to find that out, short of Ether PM-ing you and telling you it was so?

Where's this all coming from Skruffs, and what's the point? It seems like you are pulling it out of thin air... and you yourself cleared me as not scum..
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Guardian »

Skruffs wrote:
Guardian wrote:Skruffs, you seem to be basing your pseudo-suspicion of me based on the notion I'd rather brag at the end of the game rather than lynch correctly. Honestly... piss off.
This is completely incorrect. My pseudo-suspicion is based on how you would rather be right than to let someone else make a decision for you. You have strong faith in your own gut, so relying on someone else's is out of hte ordinary for you.
I would rather be right than X, X being anything else. I think Yos2 made a lot of sense, and I think listening to him gives me a great chance at being right. Not to mention my gut is telling me you and Mizzy are town.
Skruffs wrote:
In both Ork and especially in Big Love, no one else had any idea of what was going on. I replaced out of BL because half the people were playing like idiots, and in Ork I led the only lynch of scum until we lynched the last scum because we had a guilty on them/innocent on everyone else.
Does this mean that you feel that we have an idea of what is going on? Because honestly until we lynched eldarad, I had no clue what the scum were, or even if there were any.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves... lol. I thought and still think Yosarian2 had an idea of what was going on. Like I said, him being town and eldarad being scum gives more credence to this.
Skruffs wrote:
And as for 'giving credence to your suspicion'... you're
not
trying to pull the 'scummy for overdefending' card are you? Because we all know that's a load of whooey. What was I meant to do -- blissfully ignore you?
No, I didn't say you were overdefending. I was suggesting that the way you defended implied that you gave credence to my suspicions. Bascially saying "Well I do that as town too!" (as I interpretted it) is subconciously agreeing that I am right about you doing that as scum.
Well I try and play the same was as town and scum, so maybe your arguments are null tells. In any case, I don't see why you see me saying "as town too" rather than "as town also", other than your desire to see it that way.
Skruffs wrote:
Also, Skruffs, if you did receive wolfsbane and it was actually useless, how might you possibly come to find that out, short of Ether PM-ing you and telling you it was so?
If a mafia-inventor is lynched, there might be cause to think that some of the items were sent out with the intentions of misleading town. Think abo uit this way; if wolsbane was intentionally given to me by an inventor, the inventor had to know I Would target either Y or Zindaras with it, because I was most at odds with both of them (and mizzy to a smaller extent) through the first three days of the game. I was against Zindaras from his first post, where he did exactly what he did in Dantes In Fresno, start a wagon on e then quasi defend me. So if the inventor who gave it to me was town, they wanted me to potentiallly vig someone, which means that they did not think that Y or Zindaras were scum (the most likely targets to be vigged by giving it to me). (If they were scum and knew the item was false or bad, they would know that me using it would partially 'clear' zindaras/you.
How would you ever know that they gave it to you as opposed to Yosarian2?
Skruffs wrote:Where's this all coming from Skruffs, and what's the point? It seems like you are pulling it out of thin air... and you yourself cleared me as not scum..
What I Do like is how you are deflecting attention away from Y right now.
What makes you say that?

I unvoted TSPN to consider voting Y. How is that deflecting attention away from him?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (isolation #28) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:09 pm

Post by Guardian »

post.

would be great if Skruffs responded to my post since now I'm interested.

I'm in much the same boat as Mizzy; I think Y & TSPN are scum but I prefer lynching TSPN.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (isolation #29) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:44 am

Post by Guardian »

TSPN wrote: Anyway, guardian, I'm going to make a similar proposal to you that I did to hasdfgas: The consensus seems to be that Y is scum with either me or mizzy. If Y were to come up scum, after I spent all day going after him, while mizzy went after me, after yesterday immediately going after eldarad, while mizzy hemmed and hawed over the hammer, might that change your opinion a little?
Probably not, but maybe.

vote: Y

The above post makes it such that I don't think TSPN is likely scum unless Y is scum, so... yeah.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (isolation #30) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Guardian »

Mizzy's lack of instant hammer is encouraging.

Mizzy, whatcha think about hammering Y?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (isolation #31) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Guardian »

I don't think he has.

He should not claim unless you threaten a hammer.

Just mind to be on near 11 Mizzy, if Y Skruffs and hasd miss posting :P.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (isolation #32) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:17 am

Post by Guardian »

Mizzy wrote:That's the deadline block rollover, right?
Yeah, now Y is here though so we're fine, no rush.

Is Skruffs & TSPN possible?

Hm...
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (isolation #33) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:42 am

Post by Guardian »

Hm. Theoretically, all 5 players besides Y would be 'happy with a Y lynch'.

That doesn't look good for Y.

Y, why aren't you scum, and why is TSPN? Or some other target?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (isolation #34) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:25 am

Post by Guardian »

Skruffs wrote:Post

If I made up my item, then what item was actually received that night; eld's census item? I was the first person to claim an item; either I received an item, or if I a scum, one of my buddy's did, or one of my buddy's is an invntor.
This is largely unintelligible... but seeing as there were circa 5 items night 1, don't you think there might be some unclaimed items?
Skruffs wrote:I nver cleared tspn; my item partially cleared guardian. I used scum hunting to push Y. Y, claim now, guardian and mizzy are setting you up to be hammered with out claiming.
How are we setting him up to be hammered without claiming? I specifically told Mizzy he should not claim unless you threaten to hammer, implying that no one should hammer without threatening to, allowing him to claim...
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1438 (isolation #35) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by Guardian »

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1442 (isolation #36) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by Guardian »

Sure would have been nice to get a lynch going today. Unless someone has like, a confirmed guilty result on someone, I'll be voting Y soon.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1458 (isolation #37) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:10 pm

Post by Guardian »

I find Mizzy highly town-like.

Y I find suspicious basically because of how he treated the eldarad wagon, then yesterday's stuff.

I'd like to hear from those who allowed the no lynch to happen why they think that play was pro-town and helpful.

I am leaning slightly that TSPN is a better lynch than Y but am not completely sold. I am still fairly honed in on a Y-TSPN scum pairing.

ps: Skruffs is dead so unless he did get a scum inventor fake item thingy I am confirmed town.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (isolation #38) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:18 pm

Post by Guardian »

guardian wrote: I'd like to hear from those who allowed the no lynch to happen why they think that play was pro-town and helpful.
Well, it wasn't, but then again, it wasn't my intention to cause a no-lynch.
I'm not looking at you here. I'm looking at hasdgfas and Mizzy.

Neither of them has responded as of yet.
guardian wrote: I find Mizzy highly town-like.
What, exactly, about mizzy's play do you find town-like?
She seems to be genuinely making up her mind about who to lynch correctly. I do note that she allowed a no lynch by not hammering Y yesterday, and today votes TSPN over Y even though she is "content with a Y lynch". I can see where you are coming from in saying Mizzy is suspicious, but unfortunately for you Andy's hammers and their timing is quite suspicious and hard to overlook.

This all being said,
HOS: Y

I think a Y lynch is more certainly correct, and am not very afraid of a quick hammer. I'll likely vote soon.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (isolation #39) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by Guardian »

Mizzy wrote:Guardian, don't put yourself on a pedestal after all the crap everyone gave me earlier for doing the same thing. I didn't hammer because I didn't think people would be lazy buggers and make excuses for not posting.
That seems odd to me... You posted on mafiascum a few hours before viewtopic.php?p=1162647&highlight=#1162647 and less than an hour after viewtopic.php?p=1162932&highlight=#1162932 the deadline block hit. Surely you were on between those times, and surely you saw that no one had posted in this game. Did you prefer a no lynch to a Y lynch?
Mizzy wrote:And what exactly is wrong with wanting to lynch a scum I think might be a powerscum over one I think is most likely a goon? I will take a Y lynch if I have to, but I think a TSPN lynch is more helpful.
Nothing's wrong with this if it is your true intention. However, it would be very "wrong" of you to be scum with Y trying to push for a game ending mis-lynch, and I, unlike you, don't know which is the case.
Y wrote:
Guardian wrote:This all being said,
HOS: Y

I think a Y lynch is more certainly correct, and am not very afraid of a quick hammer. I'll likely vote soon.
Why?
I don't see what other combination of players could be scum. TSPN seems like he only could be scum with you, and Mizzy and hasd both failed to hammer you yesterday at (presumably) lylo.

Wait... that means if there are two scum left, you must be one of them. Otherwise Mizzy or hasd would have hammered you and won.

Is there any flaw in this logic? Mizzy, myself, and hasd are all cleared from being scum except as a partner of Y.... ergo, Y must be scum, (unless we have only one scum left).
hasdgfas wrote:
what are your excuses for allowing a No Lynch to happen?
It's because I'm an idiot and was sure I had already posted that day.
I find this remarkably genuine.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (isolation #40) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:04 pm

Post by Guardian »

Y wrote:There were 3 people voting me. The scum could have been on that wagon already.
Skruffs is dead and I am cleared.

Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1471 (isolation #41) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:52 am

Post by Guardian »

Mizzy wrote:Wait, which Y wagon are we talking about? Because TSPN was on one, too, obviously.
The wagon at the end of the day yesterday.

TSPN, Skruffs, and me were voting for Y. You and hasd didn't hammer and thus cannot be scum except with Y.

Skruffs cleared me, so I cannot be scum.

So only one person alive can be scum with anyone except Y -- and that is TSPN. Since if there is only one scum left we can afford a mislynch, Y is the optimal lynch -- if there is any two man scum group alive, Y is a part of it.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (isolation #42) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:26 am

Post by Guardian »

So, Y, from your point of view, then, TSPN and I must be the scum.

Why have you not said this or made anything other than excuses and defense today?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (isolation #43) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:01 pm

Post by Guardian »

unvote

Just wondering if we should mass claim or whatnot pre-night... I'm going to be on v/la for a few days no need to rush.

Pretty obvious to me that Y is the lynch and is scum though, if you have doubts I'd love to hear what and why.

I'll be back in a few days.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (isolation #44) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:53 am

Post by Guardian »

Actually I can't think of any reason to do anything but lynch Y.

If anyone else does go ahead, but I'm all for lynching him. I've pre-sent any night choices should I have any.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1489 (isolation #45) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by Guardian »

Mizzy wrote:Anything else guys? Imma hammer tonight at midnight EST unless something groundbreaking happens, so try and finish any discussion before then.
ORLY?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1491 (isolation #46) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by Guardian »

Because hasd is lurker and TSPN is scum and Y didn't want to be hammered? I hope?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1496 (isolation #47) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:21 am

Post by Guardian »

Hm. Interesting.

I see no reason not to claim:

I am a villager, but I used *two* items last night.

I used the mayor's note targeting TSPN. I figured today would likely be 3 alive 2 to lynch, and if the note was on TSPN we'd be guaranteed to make the right choice, since I am and was pretty sure Mizzy is town.

I *also* used a magic mirror, targeting hasd. Any killing night actions that target me target hasd instead.

I've got to think I was the target for NK last night. Could be wrong, but to me that makes by far the most sense. Can anyone explain why hasd is alive? Maybe the werewolves just didn't get a kill last night, or NO killed?

I figured if he died and showed up town, it was definitely TSPN. But with both still alive I am unsure, and leaning hasd a bit since TSPN was so active in pushing for Y's lynch. I am pretty much not at all interested in lynching Mizzy today.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1503 (isolation #48) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Guardian »

I'm not hammering TSPN. Ergo, I am 100% definitely not scum, if there was any doubt.

hasd's explanation makes some sense... you say you received it night one?

TSPN what do you think about hasd's explanation? Mizzy?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1504 (isolation #49) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:09 am

Post by Guardian »

Also, Mizzy, if you check before hasd.... you are SURE he is not scum? Because if hasd posts and doesn't hammer, I am fairly sure you are not scum, and would likely hammer soon, after giving a bit of thought to TSPN's arguments. So if you have any doubts that hasd might be scum, the time to unvote is now.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (isolation #50) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Guardian »

OK, so it is Mizzy or TSPN.

TSPN, if I am going to vote Mizzy, you have a lot of convincing to do.

TSPN
, why not send the letter to hasd or me with something useful on it, and to allow us to see what was written? How was sending it to Mizzy at all possibly useful?

The busing link between Mizzy and eldarad seems tenuous at best.

Why is it unreasonable to think you came in busing, considering eldarad's position?

What interactions do Y and Andycyca have early on?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1509 (isolation #51) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by Guardian »

Yeah okay, that about removes any doubt I had. I don't want to let TSPN wifom me (AND cow) into making a bad decision.

vote: TSPN
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1517 (isolation #52) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:01 am

Post by Guardian »

=)

Thanks Yos2 for pointing out who the scum were then dying.

Thanks Zindaras for abandoning the game so I could win as SK.

Thanks Ether for the great flavor... and honestly fairly balanced game.

Gaoler dying night one and then Skruffs clearing me basically hosed the town. Those were two very random events that were unlikely to happen. It was really a "gift" to replace into a scenario where BOTH had happened, even though no scum had been lynched.

The only major balance issue is that I think that if I died the scum shouldn't have been in line to get a NK.

I figured out that I couldn't kill the werewolves pretty much upon reading my role PM. I thought maybe I only couldn't kill the godfather, but didn't want to risk it. Basically I tried to lynch scum and kill townies who suspected me... worked out fairly well.

Going into the last day I thought for sure it was TSPN, but when my night kill didn't work on hasd and TSPN started making sense about Mizzy, I started getting goosebumps. I wasn't sure what would happen in endgame with me and one werewolf, so I wanted to try and get the lynch right. Once Mizzy claimed that she had an item detector that
revealed that I had lied about using items
, I decided that I should just take what was given to me and hammer.

I'm unsure why the scum never tried to SK-hunt. It was really, really necessary for them to win, and for the town to win.

Anyways, thanks all for the game. I had fun.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1521 (isolation #53) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:36 am

Post by Guardian »

Eh, I think I would follow dead Yos-town's advice in the future though as town. Think of it as an exception to the rule for me. Yos is just that good :).
Do not lynch me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”