Green Cow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:20 am

Post by Green Cow »

Hi guys, how are you all doing?
First off,
FoS: killa seven
for making a small post so early. We shouldn't be wasting posts like this, for a few reasons. I won't go into them right now though, because everyone should be familiar with them.

I think we should wait to hear from more people before voting, as we don't want to randomly bandwagon and all just make vote: x posts later.

We have 5 days to make a decision, let's not do it the last day. We should have good reasons to vote someone before that, so let's not panic and do something dumb right at the end of the day.
Green Cow
Green Cow
Townie
Green Cow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:33 am

Post by Green Cow »

Yo, Gorrad here. I agree with my partner, except that he went too easy.
Vote: K7

The NAJD wagon is not a good one. While yes, it is harder for us to get reads on them, they will also make, in general, significantly more posts. This means they'll reach the post limit before any of us. This goes for all the hydras, but NAJD more than any.

All that said, I do NOT like NAJD's first post. It was probably Jathan.
Green Cow
Green Cow
Townie
Green Cow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Green Cow »

Gorrad again. I actually forgot about the scum kill every 250 posts rule. Yeah, in that case we, theoretically, shouldn't let NAJ live for long- more posts does mean more kills. However, they aren't posting as much as I would think, and they're actually contributing fairly well (with the exception of the first post), so I'm not finding them as suspicious as some of y'all are.

It should be noted that K7 has reached a majority. That doesn't mean he's a lynch, but I sure wouldn't be disappointed if he was. Short, contentless posts like his are exactly what help scum. They add to the post count, and they don't add to the scumhunting.

Heh, I'm actually glad I'm LA during this game. It means I'll have less posts.
Green Cow
Green Cow
Townie
Green Cow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by Green Cow »

cow here.

note to maxwell: Please put who said each quote so that we know. Otherwise it makes things a bit more difficult.
ting =) wrote:Uggggggh. Come
on.
I can't believe all those modkills just happened.
hmmmm.
ting =) wrote:I'm suspicious of greencow.

This is more gut/elimination than anything.

Till then,
vote:greencow.
Just as a marker. I'll switch my vote to either of naj/stranger once I make up my mind.
Woah, now. Wait just a second. You're voting for us, but you don't find us either of your two most suspicious players? Why are you voting for us, exactly? I haven't seen you having any reasoning for us being scum, and yet you're voting for us. That gets a
FoS
, but not a vote right now.
[quote="Icemuffin]
On the first page the aim is to vote to try get a response out of people. Now when you are scum you try not to vote so that you stay in everybodies good books which makes you keep quiet. Therefore no body will vote you and therefore scum become safe.

That is why i have seen strangercoug as town since the beginning. Now It didnt make me want to lynch green cow due to the fact that I have seen somone else fos on page one and turn out town. However for you to vote coug after he made a good point seems absoultly ridiculous to me. Thereofre

vote najd
for now.

ps: love the green cow aviatar[/quote]

Ok, I'll try to post some stuff about this right now, but it's really hurting my head to read it. Let's see if I'm understanding correctly what you're saying:
So on the first page you want to vote, but scum don't want to vote for anyone because they want to be on everyone's good side. SC is town because he's voting for a bunch of different people, and I'm town for FoS'ing page 1 instead of voting even though it's not voting for someone, and you said that scum will want to not vote people. What? This makes no sense at all. So SC and I are both town for doing the complete opposite things with regards to the same idea after you've claimed that one way of it is scummier than the other. No sense at all. Also, how the heck does any of that lead to a vote for NAJ? There are other people in the game.

vote: icemuffin
Green Cow
Green Cow
Townie
Green Cow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by Green Cow »

Cow here:
Well then. First off, I think a nameclaim won't hurt us at all, andd very likely could find scum. I have a couple theories about possible scum through names, but I won't say anything about it at this point.
I don't mind that strife went first, but
that wasn't a nameclaim
. That was a full claim, which I thought we had agreed not to do, because a nameclaim was more beneficial at this point.

I do slightly agree with SC about strife's vote on SC. He doesn't have good reasons for voting for him, it was purely bandwagon, which doesn't help the town at all. So SC's OMGUS vote is justified, if only barely. It's still not an excellent vote though.

NAJ: Please explain why maxwell's posts have been more townie.

I'm not really liking muerrto's last post. Let me attempt to explain why:
Muerrto wrote:B. Wtf is up with all the modkills??? All you have to do is POST.
Seems like an attempt to act townie by showing disgust with the modkills. Yes, they're bad. Deal with it.
Muerrto wrote:Fourth, the name claim really only benefits the one's who actually know these people on the site. I mean Mr. Flay obv but Adel? I know the name but a new person like Max might not. I'm not seeing the point of it, can you elaborate? I'll participate because I've nothing to hide but I also don't recognise my name so *shrug*
Not really scummy, but there are definitely reasons for it.
Muerrto wrote:And finally, Strife is obv town so far. Stranger jumping off Max to Strife is straight OMGUS with no basis, no evidence, posts, reason etc and makes my vote stronger. I don't see it moving before the end of the day.
I completely disagree, as already mentioned. You seem to be ignoring what SC said about the vote, and about strife's vote/reasoning on SC. Plus, there are no reasons here for strife being obv town. At all. Period.
Muerrto wrote:That said, I don't like muffin's posts. The whole 'voting on page 1 and not page 2 but FoS'ing on the third tuesday' is just crap. The pages represent how many posts have gone by. Why would something be scummy at one point and not scummy at another point 10 posts down? Makes no sense.
This, I do agree with.
Muerrto wrote:@Max: You'll never drop the fact you pulled the newbie card. Let it go, learn from it, don't do it in your next game.
Sure, w/e. Not a tell either way, IMO.
Muerrto wrote:Is that enough to vote him for it? No. Is he scummy otherwise? Yes. Does my partner think so? No.

Do I care if people like the fact that hydra's opinions are split? No. Is it bound to happen since we're all different people? Yes.

What's your solution? Lynch all the hydra's?
What was this supposed to do? I can't really tell.
Green Cow
Green Cow
Townie
Green Cow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:52 pm

Post by Green Cow »

Gorrad here. Strife, that last post is one huge ball of WIFOM. The complete off-the-wall nature of your claim is suspect AND you could easily have suggested a name claim to seem pro-town.

In fact, that seems extremely likely because your claim nigh-ruins the effectiveness of a mass name claim. You set up the mass name claim to seem pro-town, then you ruin it with your claim AND seem even MORE pro-town because you suggested it with such an off-the-wall claim. What doesn't make sense is WHY you would suggest it if you knew your claim was going to ruin it.
Unvote, Vote: Strife
Green Cow
Green Cow
Townie
Green Cow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by Green Cow »

Cow here.
First off, sorry about my partner's idiotic vote. Muffin was so much scummier than strife, and I told him that, but he still voted for strife anyways, I don't know why.

Muerrto wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:Don't like Muerrto's posts still. Details coming soon.
I still like my vote on Ice but I'd love an explanation of this post.
That was my 'let's make sure to avoid modkill' post. I tried to still make my current thoughts known though, even if it was far too short of a post. I just needed to make sure to get a post in.
Muerrto wrote:
icemanE wrote:Sure... why is that any less plausible than anything else? It's completely random - that would be the idea, right?
What?! No. The idea would be to be believable, not just random. Why the heck would you just claim 'my name's Bob'. Random? Yes. Believable? Hell no.

@Stranger: You better not be bussing. You're absolutely correct. Ting's posts completely and totally contradicted each other. His jump to Strife now near deadline is nothing short of the scummiest thing so far this game.

Unvote, Vote: Ting

Would you care to explain your rapid change in opinion without explanation Ting?
Ok, so right now, Ting's vote is the scummiest thing in the game. Why, however, did you switch away from Stranger that close to deadline?
Muerrto wrote:
ting =) wrote:Yes, they contradict.

At the time of my first post, strangercoug and strife were both at 3 votes each.

Whoever I voted would have been the lynch. If I picked the scum correctly, they would have spammed the thread.

I decided then that I'd watch whoever I voted for. If they spammed, they're scum. If they didn't, then they're most probably town.

Since stranger didn't spam, I'm inclined to think that he's town. This doesn't make strife scum, but it does make me think that my vote on strangercoug is on the wrong place. Hence, the switch to strife.
WTF! You mean spam their 100 posts before they get killed off? Did it ever occur to you that maybe the scum didn't think that far ahead?! Did it ever occur to you that you've NOW given them that idea? Did it ever occur to you that if you're town you've now completely derailed the scumhunt for today because you've pulled the town's attention(sice you say Stranger's town) on yourself? And if Strife's town and didn't think about spamming? What then? And we've got 2-4 scum out there and now they know to spam their posts before they die.

That's the SECOND time you've helped the scum. Dude. Possibly keeping your strategies to yourself may help a bit more.

Grr...this discussion is killing me and my partner's post count.

Unvote, Vote: Stranger

Because I don't think Ting's scum, just umm...lacking thought at this time(hey I tried to make it sound nice).
Yet NOW, Ting's not scum. Why'd you vote him then? For being stupid? Both town and scum do that. Then there's the '2-4 scum' bit, which seems just thrown in to try to show that he doesn't know that the setup is 2:10 mountainous.
Muerrto wrote:I'm sorry, but there was no way in hell Ting was gonna desperately try to save his partner like that. If I were him I'd have bussed the hell out of him.

I'm definitely feeling more one of those that were on Strife the whole time like Ice or Max. Definitely feeling more Ice so for now

Vote: Ice

And coming out immediately on Ting was even more of a tell.

Ting wasn't scummy, he simply thought that people thought thru the ins and outs of the game as much as he did. Apparently, Stranger hadn't.
Not everybody busses, Muerrto, they can still defend their partner and pull out WIFOM. Just because you think that bussing would have been the best play(!) doesn't mean that everyone thinks that. I know I've seen games where scum doesn't bus.
Why is being on strife the whole time so scummy?
Muerrto wrote:I could see Ice or Cow...possibly Max but less so. But those of you voting Ting(of course one is Ice), do you REALLY see Ting being that stupid to telegraph his partnership? I doubt it greatly and I don't care if that's WIFOM.

JDodge, please do a re-read and decide if your vote's in the right place.
So in between these two posts, what added us to the list in between max and ice? We weren't on the list, and in your previous post you said 'Ice or Max', now you say 'Ice or Cow and possibly Max'. These seems to be a HUGE change in opinion over a short time.
Vote: lawrencelot-muerrto
for the moment.
Green Cow
Green Cow
Townie
Green Cow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by Green Cow »

Gorrad here. I stand by what I said earlier- Strife managed to foil the exact thing he was trying to start, the mass-name-claim. As for Ting, I agree with NAJD, that's a pretty big tell. Muffin's vote on us is pure OMGUS.
strife220 wrote:Post 83 (1 minute after post 82), Icemuffin comes in and votes me.
I make my defense, Icemuffin makes his counter-defense, and then GreenCow comes in, sides with Icemuffin (his previous #1 suspect), calls my defense WIFOM, and plops his vote on me with some (I think) crappy reasoning to put me at 3 votes.
You think. Wow. Did you even read my post? You suggest a nameclaim, then ruin any chances of a nameclaim working for us by claiming Pirate!
strife220 wrote:First off: Given that SC was Jeep, I think name-claiming officially becomes useless. I'll be interested in asking xyyzy what I'm a freaking pirate once the game is over.
What the frik is up with this? You thought scum had non-MS names like, I dunno, YOU?!?!? Sheesh. I'm going to talk to Hasd before changing our vote, but I still say Strife is scum.
Green Cow
Green Cow
Townie
Green Cow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by Green Cow »

Gorrad again. Stranger didn't spam in twilight, which I think effectively nixes that as a towntell for Strife.

Think about it. Strife's idea of a nameclaim was supposed to accomplish what? That mafia don't have MS names? His name ruins that. That mafia have some kind of connection to Ether, perhaps, as we've seen? Heck, how would he know anything about that? Lynch us if you have to, it's far from LYLO, but remember Strife tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”