Mini 627 - Riverworld Smalltown - Over!!!

Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #39 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:51 am

Post by Twomz »

shaft.ed wrote:I think the bomb and the double voter are going to get left out. Double voter's get no love.
I wouldn't say that >.>

Just waiting on Winter...
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #43 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:58 am

Post by Twomz »

Arg, that's who I was going to pick :(. Just a sec.

Jonathan Wild.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #73 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Twomz »

vote: W!nt3r

A) I wanted to be the double voter (grrr)

B) His name is weird to type.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #76 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by Twomz »

Just a day 1 bandwagon, don't get your panties in a bunch.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #78 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by Twomz »

The meta's changing for the better imho.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #94 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:20 am

Post by Twomz »

armlx wrote:Winter, why would NL be the right play.

We should start discussing night actions for confirming reasons. We have

Vig/Tracker
Hider
Cop/Protect
Jailkeep
Watcher
Tracker
Motivator
Absorber
Replacement.
Forensics

Personally I think JK, tracker, and watcher (and protectors) should not reveal their targets pre-night as thats the best way to find scum, but discussing what the inventor/JoaT should use is probably good. Motivator target should also be discussed.
Talking about it... sure. Deciding what they should do... no. I dislike any attempt at controlling power roles, even if we know who is what.

That being said, jailkeeper targeting king Night 1 is probably a given.

Dunno about any other roles being controlled though.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #119 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:54 am

Post by Twomz »

armlx wrote:
I could grant an extra kill, I suppose. I'm not entirely sure why I would do that, though.
I'm not either. Extra jailkeeps seems like the best to me for tonight.
This seems like a good idea. And jailkeeping the role absorber is also a good idea, especially if we want to keep king blocked an extra night and then motivate him and see if there is a correlation in the targetting.

Of course, being a good idea doesn't mean that that is what the roles should do because then the mafia would know what they were doing and that would be bad because they could plan for it >.>

Random.org ftw.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #132 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:02 am

Post by Twomz »

The stage is a lie.

Also... I agree that deciding on night choices just based on role is probably a bad idea, but at the same time, roles like jailkeeper both protect and
block
. So even though they do protect people that could be scum, they also stop them from acting and help us determine the bad guys.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #134 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:59 am

Post by Twomz »

BTW, the no lynch vote isn't the reason I voted for Winter. It doesn't really bother me that much.

It's kinda like no lynching in dethy imo. Although I don't know if that actually nets the town a day in a 5 player game anyway.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #136 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Twomz »

What humor?

But seriously, why does my first vote of the game have to be for a reason? I just need a reason to unvote... which winter is actually getting close to getting to.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #163 (isolation #10) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by Twomz »

Unvote
. There seems to be a lot of setup and nightchoice possibility discussion, and very little actual scumhunting. If I get a chance tomorrow or Sunday I'll take a more in depth look into the game so far (probably won't glean much but you never know).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #174 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by Twomz »

Alabaska J wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:
unvote, vote: CyberBob
. too touchy with the unvote IMO
unvote, vote: shaft.ed
unvote, vote: Alabaska J
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #188 (isolation #12) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:12 am

Post by Twomz »

I was actually hoping the quote chain would catch on and everyone would hop on :(.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #196 (isolation #13) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Twomz »

Depends, do we want to test to see if the investigative role(s) (me and maybe the hunter) are telling the truth or if the people who have other activities are telling the truth.

Basically, does the tracker, watcher, king, ect claim first or last?

Other than that and knowing who the jailkeeper targeted, is there anything else that is important to be told first? Or that should be held until after everyone else has gone?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #199 (isolation #14) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Twomz »

shaft.ed wrote:
Twomz wrote:Depends, do we want to test to see if the investigative role(s) (me and maybe the hunter) are telling the truth or if the people who have other activities are telling the truth.

Basically, does the tracker, watcher, king, ect claim first or last?

Other than that and knowing who the jailkeeper targeted, is there anything else that is important to be told first? Or that should be held until after everyone else has gone?
From my experience in Heroes Smalltown, it's not the best of ideas to allow the watchers/trackers etc. to go last. If they are scum it's very difficult to lie about their target. If they know they're claiming last then it's easy to fabricate, if they know they're going first then someone else in the scum group can perform the kill. I wholeheartedly believe a randomized method is ideal.
If the watcher were scum this would be true, so I suppose it would be best to not worry about it until I'm confirmed... but I look at it more as I can use my watching to catch other players in lies... which won't happen if I go first.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #200 (isolation #15) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by Twomz »

EBWOP: I do agree that randomized would probably be the best bet.

How about we list all the players and do a random roll, the person goes, then remakes the list and random rolls again until the last person.

That way there's no "I did a random.org list here it is" things going on.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #206 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:37 am

Post by Twomz »

Reread... didn't really see anything worth a vote.

Being completely serious, how does everyone feel about a no lynch today? I know it sets the town back a day in lynches, but it gives every role a chance to at least attempt to get one NC off. More players = larger pool for scum to hide in, but it also gives us more information on who is using their roles in a protown manner and who is doing otherwise.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #224 (isolation #17) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by Twomz »

It always should be ok to TALK about no lynch. Suggesting it is something that should be done with good reason. Actually doing it requires that it is the best option for hte town at the moment.

Also, talking about it boosts discussion because people take sides on the matter and argue, and that is useful later on.

In other words,
unvote, vote: Megatron
I agree w/ Nabakov.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #260 (isolation #18) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:05 am

Post by Twomz »

I'm still here. I've been reading along at work and at home, but nothing has been striking me as really commentable. I'll let y'all know if this changes.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #281 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:05 pm

Post by Twomz »

Wow, lots of attacks since I logged on this morning.

It seems like a bunch of jumping at shadows... but I do agree that the sudden wagon on Hermit was scummy. I'll look into it more tomorrow after I get some sleep.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #298 (isolation #20) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:12 am

Post by Twomz »

unvote

Welcome to the game.

Nice catch, although it could be overcautious town or lurky scum catch /shrug.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #329 (isolation #21) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by Twomz »

BTW, we want to confirm/condemn powerful endgame roles first right? Info roles should be able to be confirmed based on their track record, but roles like the double voter and future man could bone the town in endgame right?

Or is this something that we shouldn't worry about until right before lylo, and not determine lynches based on role at all?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #349 (isolation #22) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by Twomz »

Alabaska's alignment is something we should determine... but if he is town, what is the point in destroying his endgame power? Same goes with Winter. Both roles would be awesome if they were town and ridiculously bad endgame if they were scum. And unlike other roles in the game, they have no ability to "check" to make sure they're not lying or faking.

And as long as alabaska is around, shaft.ed has a good place to hide (although, the point is moot of shaft.ed is scum... /shrug).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #366 (isolation #23) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by Twomz »

I unvoted because Iamuser replaced megatron, whom I was voting for.

I'll figure out someone to vote for before the day's over ;).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #371 (isolation #24) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Twomz »

What armlx said.

And I don't say anything unless I have something to say. Although most of the stuff that I say either isn't really content or is agreement/disagreement.

I get better as the game goes on ;).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #417 (isolation #25) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by Twomz »

I've been pulling all dayers at work, but I am about to go on vacation so I should be able to get on more starting Wed... although there may be much LANing going on >.>

Basically, I'm working on the content... it's in the mail... >.<
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #432 (isolation #26) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:00 am

Post by Twomz »

Leaving for Quakecon today, tomorrow I should have all the free time I want to figure out what I want to do. Sorry about the lack of activity, I've been at work for almost 12 hours every day for the past 4 days >.< (because I'm going on vacation my boss loaded me down.)
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #465 (isolation #27) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 am

Post by Twomz »

pug wrote:In hindsight, I probably should have FOSed him instead of voting to show my suspicion since when he reached L-2 everyone immediately backed off.
So you should have FoSed instead of voting and killing the wagon? So you wanted him to get quicklynched?

vote: pug
Because A) I find that highly suspect and B) a mildly informed lynch is better than no lynch

L-1 btw.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #506 (isolation #28) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Twomz »

shaft.ed wrote:
Cyberbob wrote:I'm hovering between Twomz and Alabaska. I await their upcoming posts with great anticipation.

FoS: Twomz and Alabaska J
CyberBob, what happened to this. You very quickly drop suspicion derived from this incident of both players.

@Twomz, Would you describe you meta as 1) Jokey as town, 2) Jokey as scum or 3) Jokey regardless of alignment?
3) Although I tend to play more seriously as scum for some reason.

If there's an opportunity for a joke I'll take it.

And I know someone asked me something, but I need to look back and find it >.< I'm busy playing DC++ right now :O.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #574 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Twomz »

Busier than normal at work... "hurricane" is suppose to be hitting our area tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to do more than just read up and post... I know I'm not contributing much and the day is almost over >.<

Here's hoping my internet and electricity are still on tomorrow.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #600 (isolation #30) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:29 am

Post by Twomz »

I'm fine on electricity and internet... unless something wierd happens.

If pug's town, then there are probably scum on his wagon (at least one imo) and his lynch provides info. If he's scum then, hey, we lynched scum.

No lynch at this point is just no information.

Going back to page 17...
M4yhem wrote:Well maybe I'll give you something to say.

For example, what do you think of Pug, Twomz?
Responded to this.
How about Alabaska- is he on the same side as you, do you think?
Not sure, ask me again tomorrow, I'll probably have a better idea then.
You wanted the double vote, so tell me, what's the best way to use it? Should I be catious or bold?
Bold imo. Just don't accidentally hammer someone.
What about Claus? On a scale of one to crispy how protown is he?
Claus is trying to post content beyond his restriction enough that I think he is relatively protown right now. Then again, it could be a ploy... but I doubt it. On a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being most protown, I'd put him at a 7.5-8.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1079 (isolation #31) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:23 am

Post by Twomz »

:( got owned >.< silly crosskills.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”