Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:37 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

ting =), I agree that nine people to an account is pretty hard to manage. I was thinking it be two or at most three people, but damn, that's one big hydra.

killa seven, you just wasted your first post out of 100 by sticking only eight words in it. Care to explain that?

IceMuffin, that's an excellent plan you have there. Should get a lot of conversation going. Make your posts effective. Squeeze everything in one jam-packed box. I'm going to love this.

Green Cow, I understand your bandwagoning concern, but if short posts concern you as a waste of space, then why are you merely FoS'ing killa seven for it? I don't get it, and you seem overly cautious here.

Vote: Green Cow
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:27 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

OK, I have to admit, this is my first theme game, and all the math involved in just this specific game is killing me right now. I think I'm safe with one post every calendar day (and by "calendar day" I mean from midnight to midnight local time, in my case Mountain Daylight Time), but it may come a time where more frequent posting is in order. For now, better safe than sorry.

I agree with strife220 that contentless posts are exactly what the Mafia wants. His argument about questions that only have one-word answers being OK if the person also adds game-relevant information is OK as far as I can figure out (if anybody's curious as to his specific example, my favorite color is actually purple), but I think even those questions should be asked as infrequently as possible. The more information we can get, the better.

I don't like Now a JDodge's first post at all—it's even worse than killa seven's first post, only three words long. Way to waste space. His second post is hypocritical as well.

Unvote: Green Cow
Vote: Not a JDodge

Two posts down and 98 to go for me.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:36 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I'll go ahead and
Unvote: Not a JDodge
for right now but throw an
HoS: Not a JDodge
. Do you understand the saying "one bad apple ruins the whole bunch"? If I'm not mistaken, that's the case we have on you. Head A did this, and thus Heads B, C, D, E, F, G, H, and J are responsible for A's actions (even though I know there less than nine heads to the hydra now—I skipped letter I for clarification purposes, by the way).

maxwellhouse, the first part of your second post doesn't make me happy. Don't post solely because you have been prodded and/or it's been close to 72 hours since the last time you posted. When you get prodded and/or realize you're very close to your 72-hour death, that's your cue to read everything since your last visit, formulate your opinions about what you've read, and state them and how you came to them, not to complain about your prod/being close to death.

I also don't understand that you say you're hesitant to go through with the voting and take your vote off only to put it on someone else
in the same post.
Either I have misinterpreted your post or you are blatantly hypocritical.

I also think you also have a somewhat weak reason for voting Not a JDodge in your first post. The last thing before your bolded vote mentions that hydras will probably make more posts as more of the heads post their thoughts. Not only does the order you mention everything suggest (to me) that you want his death sped up, but if Not a JDodge is smart, he'll get as many people as possible to stick what they think in his one giant post.

I also believe Not a JDodge's case on you in post #26.

Vote: maxwellhouse

ting =), since you object to one post a day, does one post in the morning and one post in the afternoon for right now sound like a good idea to you?

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:20 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

HoS: killa seven
for voting without reason in a contentless post.

I find myself agreeing with Now a JDodge's logic in post #41, and he has a pretty big case on maxwellhouse. There were tons and tons of information out there—out of necessity, even—and maxwellhouse has nothing to say about diddly squat!? Way to lurk.

Seriously, maxwellhouse, with that much information and you can't think about something to say, take the posts that stand out the most to you and talk about what you think about those posts. "I can't think of anything" is not an excuse and equates as "I'm too lazy to think of anything" as far as this game is concerned. If you have to resort to asking players questions about their posts, then do so. The more you say things along the lines of "Hey, I was prodded, and I don't want to die because of the time limit, so here I am," the more you bankrupt your credibility.

ting =), if numbers are not of concern to you, then go ahead and keep posting them. You may have to explain them to us so it's easier for us to understand, though. (You seem to be quite the mathematician ;))

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #54 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:45 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Muerrto wrote:Second, Maxwell just followed Stranger's vote for the SECOND time. First on JDodge, then on K7.
As maxwellhouse said, I never voted for killa seven. I HoS'd him the post immediately before maxwellhouse voted him.
maxwellhouse wrote:okay, this is getting annoying. i am not pleaing to your emotions. i just spent a whole large post explaining myself and everyone cannot seem to let go that i messed up by being a newb. please, just let that go. please show me in the last post in which i said ONE time "don't vote me-- i'm new!!!" yeah i did mention being a newbie, but my first sentence was a sarcastic comment.
Please be very careful with the newbie card, because we're not likely to forget your newbie mistakes anytime in the near future. Yes, we may take them into account when considering what side you're on, but to give a real life example, nobody in their right mind goes to a bank, yells "This is a stickup!", and then says "Whoops—I didn't know bank robbery was illegal" when they see the cops.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #68 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:47 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Now a JDodge wrote:Hello again. Trojan Horse here.

Hmm. I'm guessing Muerto spent at least 10 minutes making that last post, and didn't notice ShadowGirl had been modkilled. But anyway...

Looks like I/we are less than 24 hours from suffering the same fate as ShadowGirl, so I'm going to post again now. Near the end of day 1, I had considered switching our vote to K7 (one contentless post from K7 was bad enough, but two was horrible). But I figured I'd be wasting a post, since it looked like K7 would get lynched anyway. So I held off.

Who to go after next? I'm still convinced that at least one scum tried to take advantage of my early bandwagon. My eyes are still on StrangerCoug and maxwellhouse, who both jumped on my bandwagon AFTER I stepped in and posted some content. (The earlier votes don't bother me as much.) I know at least a couple of my fellow heads want maxwellhouse out, but as for me, StrangerCoug is bothering me more. I guess you could say that we literally have half a mind to lynch Stranger and half a mind to lynch maxwell. :D

After I make this post, I'm going to send a PM to my fellow heads and ask them who they think is the scummiest; I want us to come to some kind of consensus.

In reply to Muerrto:
Muerrto wrote:My partner still doesn't wanna vote Maxwell. I hate the newb card with a passion. Especially in a non-newbie game. If you plan on playing with the big boys, don't expect us to pull punches. Pulling a newb card here was just bad and saying 'I'm townie I swear' is worse. I reeeeally wanna vote you.

My partner still likes JDodge being scum but I'm simply not feeling it. If I turn out to be wrong I'm gonna have to apologise but not placing my vote there.

I'm compromising and

Vote: Stranger

You jumped from the Dodge wagon to the Max wagon and then HoS'ed Killa even though there's no lynch -1 or whatever in this game instead of voting him to distance yourself from the lynch. What use is the HoS? Why not a vote? Made no sense.
I agree that maxwell pulling out the newbie card is a bad move, so
FoS: maxwell
for now. But I still think Stranger is scummier at the moment. Muerrto, you've pretty much summarized why I think Stranger is scum, except that I'd add his first vote on Green Cow to the list. (He voted for Green Cow because Green Cow merely FoSed K7, instead of voting K7. Bad reason, I'd say.) I'd also remove Stranger's HoS of K7 from the list; K7 was more or less done at that point. Adding an extra vote wouldn't do much, so what's the difference if he voted or not? Null tell to me.

Still, because of what looks like some major opportunistic voting on Stranger's part:

Vote: StrangerCoug
Muerrto, I simply felt that maxwellhouse was scummier than killa seven at that point, and I did not want to go for what I felt turned into a policy lynch bandwagon. We now know that killa seven is town, and I still suspect maxwellhouse for his trying to play the newbie card. In fact,
Vote: maxwellhouse
in case a lynch resets everybody's votes.

Not a JDodge, I failed to understand why Green Cow did not actually vote for killa seven at that post (remember—the bandwagon on killa seven did not yet exist, so I'm not contradicting myself here) if his concern was for wasted. FoS merely says "I suspect you, but don't feel that your actions warrant a vote just yet". That was the only person on his list of suspicion as we knew it at that time. Is the FoS not wasted space too?

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #76 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:21 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

ting =) wrote:I
hate
how najd's vote is constantly changing. Naj posts were completely anti maxwell, but their recent post puts their vote on strangercoug.
So we have a bandwagon hopper, eh?
maxwellhouse wrote:is there any other reason you suspect me? i've been done playing the newbie card. can you give up new reasons of suspicion?
If you define "new reasons" as reasons nobody has brought up yet, then no, but just because you're done with playing the newbie card does not necessarily mean you're done defending it.
strife220 wrote:But enough whining. I like NAJ's content so I'm not hoping on that wagon. I thought Icemufin's last post was reasonably townie, so I'll avoid that wagon. I'm a little hesitant to jump on Maxwell's wagon because he seems like a good newbie mislynch. Under that assumption, I'm going to hop on the StrangerCoug wagon. If Maxwell is town (which... well may not be true), your behaviour fits how I think scum would handle the situation.
Vote: StrangerCoug
This post is full of bleh. You don't like maxwellhouse's wagon, and the only reason you're giving for your voting me instead also involves a wagon? You've got to do better than that.
MUCH
better.

Unvote: maxwellhouse
Vote: strife220

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #80 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:11 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Muerrto wrote:And finally, Strife is obv town so far. Stranger jumping off Max to Strife is straight OMGUS with no basis, no evidence, posts, reason etc and makes my vote stronger. I don't see it moving before the end of the day.
Please wake up and actually read my posts. I voted strife220 for admitting to bandwagon me and quoted the post where he did so.

Also, the phrase "obvious town" does not exist in my vocabulary as, without something to back it up, it is merely an excuse to clear somebody of suspicion and encourages tunnel vision. Use your deduction powers and stop putting us in a game of Russian roulette where your laziness to think is the gun. (I find "obvious scum" flawed in almost the same way, for the record.)
Now a JDodge wrote:maxwell's more recent posts have seemed a little bit more townish than before. also, i am now starting to see how her actions could be made by either newbie scum
or
town. i am definitely still suspicious of her though. on the other hand, strangercoug's actions are far more scummy, in the sense that a townie probably would not do so.
Explain both his townieness and my scumminess.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #89 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:28 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

maxwellhouse wrote:now, i find something interesting of strangercoug. i haven't really seen it until now: he does the same thing icemuffin has been doing, really. he posts a lot of repeated information or little to no information.
strangercoug wrote: Seriously, maxwellhouse, with that much information and you can't think about something to say, take the posts that stand out the most to you and talk about what you think about those posts. "I can't think of anything" is not an excuse and equates as "I'm too lazy to think of anything" as far as this game is concerned. If you have to resort to asking players questions about their posts, then do so. The more you say things along the lines of "Hey, I was prodded, and I don't want to die because of the time limit, so here I am," the more you bankrupt your credibility.
strangercoug wrote:Also, the phrase "obvious town" does not exist in my vocabulary as, without something to back it up, it is merely an excuse to clear somebody of suspicion and encourages tunnel vision. Use your deduction powers and stop putting us in a game of Russian roulette where your laziness to think is the gun. (I find "obvious scum" flawed in almost the same way, for the record.)
you seem to be saying that a lot- stop being lazy, start using your own deductions.
That's true. Playing Mafia well relies heavily on information.
maxwellhouse wrote:yet...
strangercoug wrote:HoS: killa seven for voting without reason in a contentless post.

I find myself agreeing with Now a JDodge's logic in post #41, and he has a pretty big case on maxwellhouse. There were tons and tons of information out there—out of necessity, even—and maxwellhouse has nothing to say about diddly squat!? Way to lurk.

Seriously, maxwellhouse, with that much information and you can't think about something to say, take the posts that stand out the most to you and talk about what you think about those posts. "I can't think of anything" is not an excuse and equates as "I'm too lazy to think of anything" as far as this game is concerned. If you have to resort to asking players questions about their posts, then do so. The more you say things along the lines of "Hey, I was prodded, and I don't want to die because of the time limit, so here I am," the more you bankrupt your credibility.

ting =), if numbers are not of concern to you, then go ahead and keep posting them. You may have to explain them to us so it's easier for us to understand, though. (You seem to be quite the mathematician Wink)
same post as above- you are telling me to out more information. yet you bring out nothing from yourself. why? your "case" on me is just whatever NAJD said. then you tell me to build my own case. then you comment about ting's number crunching. and you HoS'ed killa. this was a basically useless post- no votes, no new information, nothing.
Well damn it >< I let myself become a hypocrite.
maxwellhouse wrote:all right, i've done that too... but again. next post, post 54
strangercoug wrote:Muerrto wrote:
muerrto wrote:Second, Maxwell just followed Stranger's vote for the SECOND time. First on JDodge, then on K7.

As maxwellhouse said, I never voted for killa seven. I HoS'd him the post immediately before maxwellhouse voted him.
maxwellhouse wrote: okay, this is getting annoying. i am not pleaing to your emotions. i just spent a whole large post explaining myself and everyone cannot seem to let go that i messed up by being a newb. please, just let that go. please show me in the last post in which i said ONE time "don't vote me-- i'm new!!!" yeah i did mention being a newbie, but my first sentence was a sarcastic comment.

Please be very careful with the newbie card, because we're not likely to forget your newbie mistakes anytime in the near future. Yes, we may take them into account when considering what side you're on, but to give a real life example, nobody in their right mind goes to a bank, yells "This is a stickup!", and then says "Whoops—I didn't know bank robbery was illegal" when they see the cops.
you bring up i used the newbie card (already brought up by many people before me) and something i've already said. now, i get having emphasis for the second since you are defending yourself, but did you really have to have that short of a post? for one small defense and telling me not to play the newbie card?
The newbie card often gets used as an excuse for making mistakes. That's our problem with it.
maxwellhouse wrote:and then again.. another shorter post. post 68, this one quoting a bunch of quotes. i just put the content he actually typed up himself.
strangercoug wrote: Muerrto, I simply felt that maxwellhouse was scummier than killa seven at that point, and I did not want to go for what I felt turned into a policy lynch bandwagon. We now know that killa seven is town, and I still suspect maxwellhouse for his trying to play the newbie card. In fact, Vote: maxwellhouse in case a lynch resets everybody's votes.

Not a JDodge, I failed to understand why Green Cow did not actually vote for killa seven at that post (remember—the bandwagon on killa seven did not yet exist, so I'm not contradicting myself here) if his concern was for wasted. FoS merely says "I suspect you, but don't feel that your actions warrant a vote just yet". That was the only person on his list of suspicion as we knew it at that time. Is the FoS not wasted space too?
first paragraph, no complaints really. you are explaining yourself and why you voted, even including a vote.

second, you are explaining yourself on your vote for green cow... yet your reasoning is faulty. if a FoS is wasted space, isn't a HoS? therefore, isn't your own post HoS wasted space also? so why did you scold someone for a FoS but it was perfectly fine for your HoS? you did nothing else in your post for your HoS except agree and repeat information. maybe you were a little bit more flowery with your repeated information, but it was still repeated.
I try not to be repetitive if I can help it (exception is if it's been too long since it's been brought up), but it appears you've got me again. I do, however, have a habit of bringing up tidbits from certain posts that lead me to my vote.
maxwellhouse wrote:NOTE, so far, these ARE his posts. i didn't exclude information.

okay, now his second to his latest post, post 76.
strangercoug wrote:
ting =) wrote: wrote:
I hate how najd's vote is constantly changing. Naj posts were completely anti maxwell, but their recent post puts their vote on strangercoug.
So we have a bandwagon hopper, eh?
okay, i don't know what you mean here. are you attacking ting=) or NAJD? i think you're attacking NAJD. all right. that sentence was absolutely vague and repetitive. ting=) already pointed this out, why did you have to point it out again, except in a much less question-like form? what was the point of this, or to make people take notice of it and keep discussing it and put suspicion on NAJD?
(I fixed your quote tag, by the way.)

I was attacking Now a JDodge. ting =) implied that NAJD was bandwagon hopping, and I made it explicit in the form of a question to see if my interpretation of his post was correct.
maxwellhouse wrote:
strangercoug wrote:If you define "new reasons" as reasons nobody has brought up yet, then no, but just because you're done with playing the newbie card does not necessarily mean you're done defending it.
fair enough, though i'm not defending the newbie card though. i just want it to not be brought up again over and over as a reason/a scold. and people telling me over and over again to stop playing the newbie card when i'm not, yeah it's annoying.
Well, nothing in your most recent post suggests the newbie card, so that's a good thing.
maxwellhouse wrote:on to latest post. it was shorter again. kind of vague. i'm breaking it up into parts again. not the first part, but the last two parts.
strangercoug wrote:Also, the phrase "obvious town" does not exist in my vocabulary as, without something to back it up, it is merely an excuse to clear somebody of suspicion and encourages tunnel vision. Use your deduction powers and stop putting us in a game of Russian roulette where your laziness to think is the gun. (I find "obvious scum" flawed in almost the same way, for the record.)
okay, i am just being a little "..." at this part. maybe i am being picky, i don't know.
It's terminology that I fail to understand and don't see as necessary anyway since a good attack/defense doesn't need to use them. In addition, if somebody labelled as "obvious town" or "obvious scum" flips the opposite, then it wasn't obvious, now was it?
maxwellhouse wrote:NAJD's post #26
NAJD wrote: this is dahill chiming in real quickly.
unvote vote maxwell

this is so obvious scum that it hards
strangercoug's post # 29
strangercoug wrote: I also believe Not a JDodge's case on you in post #26.

all right. so he called me "obvious scum." you read his post apparently, since you said that you believed his case. you did not jump on him for using me as obvious scum. you jumped on me and voted me instead. i mean, it was a good time. everyone was starting to point fingers at me.

now, when muerrto calls strife "obvious town" and strife is voting against you, then that is something you jump on hard. so it is obvious that you don't take "obvious scum" as hard as "obvious town."
They're both flawed, but I think it's easier to prove somebody is scum as opposed to town. The easiest way for a townie to prove that someone is another townie is if the first is a cop, but that's not the only way to do it.

Probably why I failed to bring up the "obvious scum" bit when Now a JDodge called you obvious scum is because I thought you were scummy too. You're starting to clean up your act, though.

I also know there's more to Now a JDodge's post #26 than what you put, because I will not agree with someone just because they said someone was obviously this.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #97 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:14 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Wait just a minute, ting =). Just three posts before that, you posted this:
ting =) wrote:
unvote. vote: strangercoug

I don't like how quickly the wagon shifted to strife all of a sudden. There was hardly any case on strife.
sc wrote:This post is full of bleh. You don't like maxwellhouse's wagon, and the only reason you're giving for your voting me instead also involves a wagon? You've got to do better than that. MUCH better.
It's a valid observation, but hardly not that big a deal.

Even cow(hasfdgas) thought so.
And now you're saying this:
ting =) wrote:
unvote. vote:strife

It's nearly deadline. I was waiting to see if strangercoug would spam the thread, he hasn't.

He's posted at other threads on the site since my post, so he's not v/la.

I'll admit I have no case on strife. I do, however, now think that strangercoug is town.
OK, you now believe I'm town, and I can't accuse you of thought crimes. My concern, however, is that you said you don't like the wagon on strife220 and say there was barely a case—you hinted at my vote on him being justifiable since he was bandwagoning me, but that's it—and now you've decided there's zero case on him, yet you vote him anyway solely because of the upcoming deadline.

Re: if I would spam the thread, I'm trying to be as conservative as possible, since you said it's better to post at most once or twice a day, at least for now, Mr. Mathematics. You are correct in that I am not V/LA, but scum may be following this exact same procedure that I am, so you've tested me on a null tell.

That said, your last two posts together don't make sense—in fact, there are parts of them that conflict.

Unvote: strife220
Vote: ting =)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #161 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:54 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

xyzzy wrote:I was extremely surprised that StrangerCoug didn't use up his posts - if he'd gone over his limit, the scum would essentially get a free townie lynch, and the scum would've been much closer to a kill.
I played Day 1 and I think part of Day 2 thinking I was town and didn't realize I was scum until Green Cow PM'd me. I tried to be very conservative with my posts since it would be obvious that I was scum if I did, but apparently that didn't work.

We didn't even get a chance to kill anybody :(

...Wait a minute—I've got an idea!

*shoots xyzzy*

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #163 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Apparently, Trojan Horse.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”