Mini 610: Ace Attorney Mafia - Game Over!!

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by SlySly »

ChiefSkye4 wrote:
populartajo wrote: 1. What do you think of this setup?
2. Is this game tough for town?
3. Is Mirth town or scum? Yes, no, I dont know?
1. I think it is awesome.
2. All games are tough for town.
3. Mirth is the devil. She is acting her normal self. From my experience, that leans towards her being scummy. :)
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by SlySly »

I don't see the Mirth/Malth conversation as being put on. Mirth is striking me more as busy than she is as scummy.

IMO, Cream seems to have been a bit shady a few times so far.

Someone please remind me what the general consensus is about Babygirl's guilt or innocence? This is her trial and there sure seems to be a bit of focus deflection occurring.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by SlySly »

Let us examine the defendant's posts:

babygirl86 wrote: awww man I'm the defendantt? noo!
Well, if you survive, at least you will be passed it first and not have to worry about it again. Unfortunately, for you, your play has been lackluster so far and has been far from convincing.

--
babygirl86 wrote: If I knew that it would save me, I would claim no questions asked.
This sounds kind of scummy. Just because something saves you doesn't mean that something is pro-town. What if it is scum that is asking you to claim? Are you just going to automatically give them the info they desire if it saves you from a lynch?

--
babygirl86 wrote: But I'm still kind of confused as to how this game is going to play out so I'm not sure if I should claim yet or not
You are on trial. If the jury doesn't unanimously agree to lynch someone else, you will be lynched. Does that clear up any confusion?

Most of the time, early claiming is pro-scum.

--
babygirl86 wrote: I don't like the one line votes from several people here- especially when some(like the vote that was on me) had no basis.
Votes can be placed for many different reasons. Votes come and go. Just because you interpret a vote to be reasonless, doesn't mean it actually is.

--
babygirl86 wrote: But I do think we need to make some progress in this game and although I don't like the sudden vote on me by theo, I'm not convinced enough to place a vote yet.
I think progress is being made. Aren't all votes sudden? Your vote is not really important at this moment in time.

--
babygirl86 wrote: my bad- guess I forgot that my vote doesn't really count....
I see you realize what I just pointed out.

--
babygirl86 wrote: but on the other hand I also don't like how populartajo jumped on cream....
What don't you like about it?

--
babygirl86 wrote: that doesn't really sit too well with me either. They both have explained themselves, but I'm more inclined to vote for theo
vote: theoper_COD
Let me see if I have this right.

You don't like the sudden vote of Theo on you. You don't like how Pop jumped on Cream. Both have explained themself.

Can you tell me again what the basis of your vote on theo was?

--
babygirl86 wrote: alright here we go..... I already commented on nat's claim.... I believe it, and although I'm sort of questioning why she claimed so early, I'll let it go..
I don't like Nat's claim or the wishy-washy explanations of the claim.

--
babygirl86 wrote: I'm not surprised that she asked me to claim- I am the defendant after all.
Sounds to me that Nat has very little patience for this game. I find it questionable that Nat even enjoys playing this game.

--
babygirl86 wrote: I don't like the way mirth is playing right now and especially for not answering questions... why not just remind me- ever think that maybe I just missed it?
What is wrong with the way Mirth is playing?

You are the defendant. You shouldn't have to be reminded.

--
babygirl86 wrote: and in answer to joubert, I am innocent.
Not convincing at all. You better hope someone else steps up and start being really scummy or you are going to be lynched today.

--
babygirl86 wrote: I DID ANSWER!!!!!! WHAT AM I NOT ANSWERING- I SAID WHAT I THINK OF IT- IT DIDN'T SURPRISE ME. I DONT FEEL ONE WAY OR ANOTHER ABOUT IT
Ever overreact?

Why are you getting so angry at a question when you have had to answer so few of them as the defendant?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BG has in no way cleared herself. However, the jury has barely even questioned her. Maybe she will start building a defense now that someone is going focus on her.

I would vote for BG now but there is really no need. She will be lynched at the end of this day anyway if things continue down the same path that they have been travelling down so far.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:11 am

Post by SlySly »

Mirth wrote: Soooooo care to comment on anyone else Sly?
I think the wisest thing to do at this point in time is to focus on the defendant. If and when the defendant is determined to be innocent, then the focus can shift to others.
Mirth wrote: (Also, wow, aggressiveness, I'm impressed :P I do think you're letting me off the hook a bit too easily considering what I pulled in the past. Now I sure as heck don't believe in meta, but I'm wondering why you aren't more suspicious of me)
You are not off the hook. You are just not my current focus. You seem very eager for me to be suspicious of you. That is a bit suspicious in itself. The past is the past and holds no bearing on this game.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by SlySly »

Mirth wrote: Glad you think so (bout the past, I mean.)
Each game is its own entity. I sure wish I could start that other one again! I have visited Yoda many times since then.
Mirth wrote: But I disagree with you about focusing on the defendant alone.
Well, I am not excluding anything as far as what I am paying attention to. I think it just makes the most sense to put the initial heat on the defendant. However, it appears we may have no choice but to look elsewhere as it is beginning to appear that BG may not be around to talk at the moment.
Mirth wrote: Only way to truly confirm someone innocent is to kill them, so we can't really decide if the defendant is innocent.
Well, obviously, we don't get the advantage of killing the defendant to find out whether they are guilty or innocent to help us in our lynching process. However, pressure and questioning can create all kinds of things to process and could possibly help shed some light on the situation.
Mirth wrote: After all, we don't know why she's the defendant and not someone else.
In 205, Gorrad sure seemed to infer that he knows more about this than the rest of us. I realize that you have already asked him about this and he has yet to answer and that this quote of yours is most likely some of your beloved baiting of the hook. :) I am looking forward to his answer as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Natirasha wrote: Oh, trying to slip something past me, huh?
I don't really call posting something for public consumption as trying to slip something by someone.
Natirasha wrote: Listen here, I love Phoenix Wright, it's one of my favorite series.
That may be so, but reading your posts so far, what I question is your enjoyment of playing mafia.

In your first post you say, "Boy, this is gonna be fun. And a bit boring." I suppose you would argue that there is no way anyone could interpret that as a pessimistic view of this particular game of mafia?

A few posts later, someone, who had seemingly meta'd you, mentions that, surprisingly, your first post was not anti-town and you responded with "I don't have a vote to vote myself with." Does that response sound like the response of someone who is enjoying the game?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Natirasha wrote: Ergo, i actually have much more patience than i normally do. Don't even imply i have little patience for this game.
You came right out asking for an early claim from the defendant and followed that up with a claim of your own while you were under absolutely no pressure to do so. I would not call that the play of a patient player, sorry if you don't like that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Natirasha wrote: I just know that she's going to end up claiming, anyways. I was simply trying to get straight to the meat.
This sounds a bit scummy to me. All good townies know that discussion is what leads to the most informed lynches.

FoS: Natirasha

=======================================
Page 10 Votecount

Non-Jurors:

**Babygirl86: (1/7) {Mirth}
Joubert: (0/7)
Matt_S: (0/7)
Natirasha: (0/7)
populartajo: (0/7)

Jurors

ChiefSkye4: (0/6, 0/1)
Cream147: (0/6, 0/1)
Gorrad: (0/6, 0/1)
malthusis: (0/6, 0/1)
Mirth: (2/6, 3/1) {Gorrad, malthusis}, Joubert, babygirl86
SlySly: (0/6, 0/1)
theopor_COD: (0/6, 1/1) populartajo

Not Voting: (6/12) ChiefSkye4, Matt_S, SlySly, theopor_COD, Cream147. Natirasha

Deadline for D1: Saturday June 29, 6:15PM GMT+10
=======================================
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by SlySly »

Gorrad, did you choose BG to be the defendant and if so, why?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by SlySly »

Matt_S wrote:
SlySly wrote:Gorrad, did you choose BG to be the defendant and if so, why?
What the heck is up with the fishing?
Vote SlySly
I'm just asking about his inferences. I don't see any reason to suspect that the mod is not in control, even if by a random method, of who is the defendant. Now if it were part of my role PM, I would know otherwise. Gorrad has been insistent on making this possibility clear to the jury. Since he is and has been pushing this point so intensely, I felt the time to ask him about had arrived.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by SlySly »

Matt_S wrote: If he says "yes I picked babygirl", what does that get us? Pretty much just a claim. It says nothing about his or babygirl's alignments.
I guess you missed the "if so, why?" part of my question.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by SlySly »

malthusis wrote: 2.Sly's analysis of BG at post #216 strikes me as odd when there's other people who seem scummier to the town as a whole and the fact that BG's the defendent.
It is true that others have arguably appeared scummier in this game than BG has.
malthusis wrote: I don't know why I'd try to lynch the defendent unless I was EXTREMELY sure that he/she was scum since this would cause the day to end early (speedlynchs are bad, especially on day one.)
FoS: SlySly
As my lack of a vote suggests, I am not trying to lynch BG. I am just trying to be able to mark BG off of my list of likely suspects as BG has done nothing so far to clear herself from suspicion.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by SlySly »

Joubert wrote:there's little she can say to defend herself...
Currently she is saying nothing and that sure isn't helping her defense.

------------------------
Battle Mage wrote: this is Mirth we’re talking about here. It’s probably unrealistic to expect the same level of ability as you might from other players.
From my experience playing mafia with her, I have seen that Mirth has greater skill at this game than most.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by SlySly »

Mirth wrote: No, actually. I think that was just an insane amount of luck and the town being kind of gullible And please dont bother defending me to him.
I was alerting the rest of the town that you are no idiot. Your defense was not my M.O..
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:07 am

Post by SlySly »

Battle Mage wrote:
Mirth wrote:Keep it in your pants please.
Sorry i just dont like you
in that way

BM
I hope your dislike of Mirth does not affect your objectivity.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:08 am

Post by SlySly »

Battle Mage wrote:
SlySly wrote:
Mirth wrote: No, actually. I think that was just an insane amount of luck and the town being kind of gullible And please dont bother defending me to him.
I was alerting the rest of the town that you are no idiot. Your defense was not my M.O..
technically, misinformation is a scumtell.
Mirth is not a novice and has some skills at this game. This is not a defense of Mirth, it is a fact, whether you want to face it or not.

Therefore, you are the one spreading misinformation.

Should we all vote you since you say it is a scumtell?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:01 am

Post by SlySly »

Battle Mage wrote: Just because Mirth is an IC who joined the site a while back, and has a few games under her belt, does not mean that she is a good player, and certainly does not mean that she is beyond reproach.
I didn't know Mirth was IC. Also, IC don't mean shit to me.

You can think Mirth has the ability of a first game newbie if you want, but I know better.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”