RadiantCowbells Superfan
Goon
RadiantCowbells Superfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6791 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:31 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells Superfan »

I slowly become meaner the better I am, I think

one of the best things I learned was to abandon good/optimal play (and how well/poorly people are playing) and think about why the player you're looking at is acting a certain way.. spending a huge amount of time empathising with how people are posting and trying to see ways in which they could be town has been working really well for me.

I think your experience catches up to you sometimes. Since you've experienced eras in site culture where policy was considered really important, I think you have a firmer stance about "good"/optimal play than quite a lot of us. Technically that's not a negative thing. But I can see why it could get in the way of read accuracy.

Some people still freeze up and make decisions based on who played "better" (or who they'd "rather lose to"), rather than who they think is scum. It happens at nearly all levels of play, I think. I can definitely see how human nature and instinct lends itself to reading people like that.

I am half asleep here so mayyy be rambling a bit. Sorry.
~hydra of 2nd rate scumhunter katyusha and top-tier-but-only-behind-the-man-himself saskeismyyaoikismesis

(avatar drawn by saskeismyyaoikismesis)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”