Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Sat May 17, 2008 3:04 am

Post by Skruffs »

Gah, didn't realize the thread had opened. Hey all.
My main tactic this game will be to see who's opinions of players change from week to week. I would like to (for now) recommend to all the towns in Nebraska justice (Which is in n1,right?) not to use their vigs, and also not to use their hide ability. They are one-shots, so there's no need to everyone get paranoid and burn them all up n1.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Sat May 17, 2008 8:50 am

Post by Skruffs »

oh, my bad. So the Nebraska mafia get to night talk before the game starts, and possibly do nks, but the oklahoma mafia don't ? That hardly seems fair ot the oklahoma mafia!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Sat May 17, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Skruffs »

Couldn't they send PMs to each other?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #30 (isolation #3) » Sat May 17, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Skruffs »

PS: I know who I'm going to be voting day one of Nebraska. ^.^
But I'm not going to be voting him day one of Oklahoma.

Vote: J-Man

Penguins don't kill zombies, they kill vampires. SHEESH.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #40 (isolation #4) » Sun May 18, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Mod: in the event of a tie at deadline, who is lynched? I ask because your vote count seems to be backwards.

Unvote, Vote: Angelmouse
for being sensational instead of investigative.

Korts: Thank you for supplying me with information about how Nebraska mafia works. Even if you lynch me today, though, I'm still going to be around to try and lynch you in Nebraska mafia, tomorrow. You really REALLY need to plan your moves ahead.

Inasmuch, that is why I am not going to vote you today; I doubt the mod would make a player scum in both games at once, so it's statistically less likely that you are scum in this game. Similarly, it's also statistically more likely that you know who scum COULD be in this game, because you have a narrower list of suspects to choose from as town. (I wouldn't be surprised if there was a one-person overlap, but not more than that.)

For the record: I do not really think the game is unbalanced. Mini games start on D1 or N1 at the mod's whim, sometimes with night talk, sometimes not.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:55 am

Post by Skruffs »

Korts wrote:
Skruffs wrote:oh, my bad. So the Nebraska mafia get to night talk before the game starts, and possibly do nks, but the oklahoma mafia don't ? That hardly seems fair ot the oklahoma mafia!
Wait what? You're crying over injustice to the mafia of the game we're playing? Gosh.

Unvote, vote: Skruffs
Do you mean this?
Okay. Well, what would be the benefit of actually crying over perceived injustice to the mafia in a game I Am playing in, publicly, as mafia? This is why I voted Angelmouse. The idea is a sensationalistic one and not actually based on common sense and/or logic and/or deduction. If you are sure that you aren't scum in Nebraska then I Am happy to vote you instead of Angel, but she was the first one on the vote count anyways.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Mon May 19, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by Skruffs »

My thoughts:

Like I said in my last post, it's not very likely that there are two identical scum groups in both games. Therefore a mafia for Nebraska might be more helpful, today, since it doesn't affect his game, tomorrow. So I came out baiting for some information about the mafia; I didn't think Oklahoma mafia would take the bait but I Thought nebraska mafia WOULD because it would give them TOWNIE points in this game.

I think Korts responded exactly the way I was hoping to. After I locked that in, I pushed the thread a bit further by trying to bait for scum from THIS Game to respond as well, by saying that the setup wasn't fair for mafia in this day's game. What I got was three people who responded by voting me. Korts I can understand; I think because he's scum tomorrow he wanted to discredit me today by trying to get me lynched, but maybe didn't remember that I'll only die in this game, but not tomorrow's (Nebraska).

Angelmouse's response was completely and totally oppurtunistic: She gave absolutely nothing for me to respond to except a vote, and has left nothing ot be tracked back to her except that vote, which doesn't mean anything because she can write it off as random later on.

Then we get to Zombieslayer, who apparently enjoys the Power of Ignorance: If you do not understand something, don't bother trying to
understand
it... just vote for it!

Kabenon: This probably is less plain english than my earlier posts were, but I have expressed my intentions as clearly as I can.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #52 (isolation #7) » Tue May 20, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Skruffs »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
So you're saying you wanted to set a trap for scum? I often feel traps are used by scum to confuse town, something you managed to do quite well over here.
Unvote. Vote Skruffs.
Can you point to places where you have publicly said, as town, that people trying to set traps for scum are scummy? I'm sure you must have at least once, since you 'often' feel that way.

My own experience:
The only time I've ever seen someone say that setting traps for scum was scummy, was ME, and that was when *I* was scum in a newbie game, and I Got a townie (who was right in his scum trapping) lynched for it.

Unvote, vote WeyounsLastClone

Point is: I know what I'm doing, and it's working, and in my experience players who talk about "dumb town" on day one when the town hasn't even been proven are nervous scum.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #54 (isolation #8) » Tue May 20, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I'm calling his bluff - as you would know if you hadn't conveniently clipped the part right below where I used my own meta-example. If someone attempts to use a meta I am allowed to ask for instances where he has actually done or said that, ESPECIALLY since I have evidence to the contrary.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #55 (isolation #9) » Tue May 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by Skruffs »

My point is, he is saying that me trolling for scum is scummy but is basing that on his own opinion but is SAYING that his opinion is basedon fact: I am asking him to show that fact, because I don't htink it is, because my OWN experiences have led me to the opposite conviction.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #102 (isolation #10) » Fri May 23, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Skruffs »

Unvote, Vote: Angelmouse

What do you mean, Kabenon007, "You had your eye on me earlier" ? That is the most oppurtunistic thing I think I may have ever heard. If you had your eye on me earlier, why didn't you say something earlier? And what about me makes you say you had your eye on me anyways?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #119 (isolation #11) » Sat May 24, 2008 3:47 am

Post by Skruffs »

AH HAHHAHA
Shouldn't you have been voting me for that YESTERDAY?
Vote: Korts
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #132 (isolation #12) » Sat May 24, 2008 9:17 am

Post by Skruffs »

ZS is saying he's scum in Oklahoma but not in Nebraska.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #163 (isolation #13) » Tue May 27, 2008 5:19 am

Post by Skruffs »

Mod can you explain the vote count? Just curious what makes someone go 'to the top' or stay at the bottom?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #165 (isolation #14) » Tue May 27, 2008 8:39 am

Post by Skruffs »

How is it WIFOM?
:curious:
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #182 (isolation #15) » Thu May 29, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Hmm. Need to catch back up.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #193 (isolation #16) » Sat May 31, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Skruffs »

You are dead in this game, now, aren't you?

Jyust to make sure, players alive in one game but not another, only talks in the first game, right?

I thought the deadline was today but later in the day. Grr.

We are at 9 players. If the same thing happens this time around as last time, we'll be at 6 tomorrow, which is a lost game. The mafia would have the same number of players as the town, and even if the town lynched correctly, it would be 2-1 in mafia's favor day three. So let's lynch correctly.

Fos: Kortz
though.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #195 (isolation #17) » Sat May 31, 2008 11:06 am

Post by Skruffs »

Wrong game, I guess. I was still involved in Nebraska when I said that, I saw the vote count. (Which btw you are voting twice in)

Okay. So who was more likely killed by AngelSlayer?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #199 (isolation #18) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:12 am

Post by Skruffs »

Angel mouse.

Wow, two quick votes without any reasoning to talk about.

That's true. In fact, we could probably win easily by making a simple system wherein everyone kills, say, the person below them on the list. Mafia only has one kill, so the three townies 'beneath' the mafia would only lose one player, and everyone eslse would die.

Of course, I don't think that system would work, if more than one mafia is 'next' to another in the list. So we'd need to think of something better. WE could start by all agreeing to chain-vig each other, and then after we have who each person would vig, work from that.

That's my
Game Breaking
idea for the day.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #201 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:55 am

Post by Skruffs »

I was under the impression that the mafia had a NK every night, VanDAmien.

Thanks for giving me some info about them though!
Unvote, Vote: VanDamien
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #202 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:58 am

Post by Skruffs »

I was under the impression that this was like Texas mafia, where we are all vigs that only get to use their kills after being lynched. So I Thought ANgelmouse had a NK, and that mafia have a NK every night. I guess I haven't been paying attention to the rules. FOrtunately mafia have always been helpful to comply. :D
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #209 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:32 am

Post by Skruffs »

I'm aware of the set up, now. Thanks, C_D.

Unvote, Vote: WeyounsLastClone

For demanding input without providing any, and trying to goad players into fighting each other.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #218 (isolation #22) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:24 am

Post by Skruffs »

You shouldn't have said that, Korts. Scum now know that you are 'not a threat' to them, and will most likely not go after you until the end.

Weyouns:
You voted me day 2 for 'my behavior' day one. You didn't explain what that behavior was, except that I tend to vote people who vote me.

Guess what, though.. you voted me day one for scumhunting day 2, saying htat traps never work or something along those lines. I countered that the only time I had seen a trap used, it was by town, and it correctly caught scum who then talked their way out o fit. YOU never responded, though, and merely criticized me as "OMGUS" for counter voting you.

So.. stuff that in your pipe, plz. ^.^
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #225 (isolation #23) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:46 am

Post by Skruffs »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:Yeah, or your claim was fake, and you're having a little charade with Skruffs now.
Do you think he didn't kill ZS?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #226 (isolation #24) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:49 am

Post by Skruffs »

VanDamien wrote:
Korts wrote:
Skruffs wrote:You shouldn't have said that, Korts. Scum now know that you are 'not a threat' to them, and will most likely not go after you until the end.
Maybe, but unless someone else claims the ZS kill, this means I'm pseudo-confirmed, no? Therefore my claiming helps narrow down the suspicions.
Or, it means you're scum, killed ZS knowing he was town using what appeared to be a slip as an excuse to do it, then further use that as supposed confirmation for yourself.
This is a much better response. It sucks that Van Damien is voting me, because other than that he is showing signs of actually thinking abou the game, rather than Weyoun, who is basically using pure, and not very well thought out, speculation as the basis for his votes and suspiciouns.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #231 (isolation #25) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:45 am

Post by Skruffs »

Well.. I was wrong about Korts.
Yeap, I killed Korts. And the mafia obviously didn't kill one of themselves, which means they targeted someone who hid... OR... I'm mafia. >.> <.<
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #234 (isolation #26) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:32 am

Post by Skruffs »

I actually sent in the vig kill before he claimed to have used his. I guess it doesn't really matter.

Mod:
I am kind of confused about forming a distinction between the two games. Players dead in one game can't talk while that game is in session, however, can we still disucss that game even when it is the next game?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #239 (isolation #27) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:42 am

Post by Skruffs »

Vote: SKitzer
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #243 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Skruffs »

I shot Korts. Unless he was shot twice, the mafia hit a hider, or didn't send in a kill. Makes anyone who vigged a townie look like an easy lynch, which is exactly what Skitzer's vote was based on.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #248 (isolation #29) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:15 am

Post by Skruffs »

Mod: Can we both hide AND vig on the same night?

NO.

MOD EDIT: I deleted half this post thinking I'd quoted it but I hadn't I'm really really sorry.
[/i]
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #258 (isolation #30) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:41 am

Post by Skruffs »

I am here! Will post tomorrow in depth. (Really busy)
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #284 (isolation #31) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:30 am

Post by Skruffs »

Okay: Temporary Vote count

Korts: (KAbenon007), Empking, VAnDamien, WeyounsLastCLone

That's three.

I would advise that nobody asks who has used up their shot or not today. With 9 alive, a mislynch would result in a town loss, especially if the mafia know who has a shot left and who doesn't.

But I have to ask, Korts, you were after me alll day Oklahoma Day 1, and yet you didn't vig me that night. You vigged someone else. Why?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #285 (isolation #32) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:33 am

Post by Skruffs »

And actually, A korts lynch would be the least harmful to the town. IF he is town, town does nto lose one of it's one-shot-vigs, since he's already used his up,a nd if he is mafia, then we have information. (This is also why I offered myself up in Nebraska).
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #291 (isolation #33) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by Skruffs »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Skruffs wrote:I would advise that nobody asks who has used up their shot or not today. With 9 alive, a mislynch would result in a town loss, especially if the mafia know who has a shot left and who doesn't.
Uhm, how would we lose then? We'll still have lots of vig-bullets to go around which, if we use them wisely, unlike say Korts' vig, can get the scum down.
Okay. If we lynch a non-used-vig-town today, there are 8 players going into night. I don't think anyone else has been seen to use thei one-shots yet, which means there would be either 3 mafia, 4 town, and (Korts) if korts is town, or (Korts) + 2 Mafia, and five town if he is scum.

If Korts is town, mafia could use all of their one-shots to reduce the town to 2 players and lynch the last non-used vig the beginning of hte next day. Korts can't kil anyone so town loses. If Korts is mafia, that plan won't happen.

I guess, presumably, we could ALL shoot at each other in some sort of pattern that would make sure all scum get shot, but it seems unlikely to work. That will work better after the day continues.

Lynching Korts as scum is not as good as lynching scum with their nightkill, bu is better than lynching korts as town. Lynching korts as town is better than lynching a town-with a nightkill, but not as good as lynching any scum.

That's the numbers look at it, now we have to look at the people involved.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #300 (isolation #34) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:01 am

Post by Skruffs »

I made enough mistakes in the beginning of the game to go back and examine the first post in detail. I am now a bit more suspicious of Weyoun, though.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #318 (isolation #35) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:56 am

Post by Skruffs »

I (obv) didn't kill Kabenon.

Did anyone choose to hide anyone else last night?

I think I have an idea.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #319 (isolation #36) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Skruffs »

I wish I could kill zombiepenguin. "Woo dead scum" is a scumtell.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #321 (isolation #37) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:02 am

Post by Skruffs »

Okay. Full claim might work.

VanDamien, you can use your hide tonight in this game, so to make sure you aren't mafia who killed his partner, we should have someone offer to kill you.

Someone should also target penguin, and if he's not scum he can hide.

Scum has no partners to 'cover' for them so this will work.

Someone should also try to kill me, I think.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #324 (isolation #38) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:13 am

Post by Skruffs »

wait, so mafia can hide too?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #328 (isolation #39) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Skruffs »

Ah.
Well that changes things, and makes the one shots significantly less useful. Two mafia can hide on any given night..
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #333 (isolation #40) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:47 am

Post by Skruffs »

I shot Korts two nights ago, didn't do anything last night.

VanDAmien, actually, the way the mod phrased it suggests that none of the mafia HAD uised their abilties yet - otherwise, if one of them had tried, he probably would have rephrased the post before it was brought up.

Weyouns - why do you think the mafia are one -shots as well? That's in Oklahoma. I believe hte mafia are able to kill every night in nebraska.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #335 (isolation #41) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:39 am

Post by Skruffs »

I think that lynching one of the people who have already claimed to use their one-shot would be best, and that's me or the one who shot mafia last night.

I know it sounds stupid to say lynch the person who shot mafia, but at the same time, one mafia shooting the other clears the first almost entirely, and certainly to the point of being immune to potential townie shots.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #352 (isolation #42) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:50 am

Post by Skruffs »

I am dead in both games so I can't post, but I Would be if I could. ;) Don't abandon the game.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #365 (isolation #43) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Skruffs »

I think that having two different threads and locking one and opening the other would have been MUCH more effective and less time consuming. The idea was nice, I Was looking forward to other games in the series as well.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”