Mini 527 - Doom in Valencia - Game Over!

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #377 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:03 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Hey, I'm replacing in. Most of you don't know me, except for maybe MeMe, but I'll get caught up and post in the thread over the weekend
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #389 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Upon review, I get good vibes about sammich, gorckat, MeMe, and soupfly. I get even better vibes from Neko. But I don't get good vibes from Tarhalindur. If I feel like it, I'll go back and try to find evidence that he's scum. Until then,

vote: Tarhalindur
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #393 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:59 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

unvote
, but not vote: MeMe just yet.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #399 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:59 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

You assert that Tar's role is so powerful that the mafia would have to be amped up for balance purposes. I disagree, as the mechanics of the game make things unpredictable-- it's why I didn't immediately vote you. I think that judgment is this game is off because we're all drunk. Tar could be an insane cop or paranoid cop while under the influence.

However, it bothers me that you immediately assume he's a lying scum and are trying to predict the mafia's setup based on it. I'll probably end up voting for you.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #403 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:37 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

soupfly wrote:you realize this isn't alcoholics anonymous mafia!? i think you got the two games convinced cause we're not all supposed to be drunk.
Sorry about that. I replaced into this game and that game at the same time and they're mixing together in my mind.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #414 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:16 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

MeMe wrote:
Javert wrote:He has claimed mod-confirmed sanity as a Cop. This means that he has absolutely no way to backtrack if MeMe comes up innocent.
Absolutely. And don't anyone
dare
let him. I can just envision a "she must have been a miller!" defense tomorrow. I've confirmed with the mod that I should turn up town to any sane investigator.
Death-Miller-Scum? A scum that appears innocent upon investigation and death? And wants to get lynched so we lynch our cop? That's the feeling that I get. But that would be silly. And bastardmodding.
vote: MeMe

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #424 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Tarhalindur wrote:At this point, I'm pretty sure that four other players are town (I won't elaborate exactly who at this time, since one of these is the other mason), and I'm leaning town on one other. Considering that I know that I am town, that leaves three players that I consider likely candidates for being scum (Mikeburnfire, soupfly, and Gorgon).
I know this is going to seem like scum trying to fish, but who do you think are innocent and why. I'm not asking to reveal your masonpartner, but why do you think the others are clean? There's no reason to be candid about it, especially since you could very well die tonight.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #426 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

neko2086 wrote:Just because you preface something with 'I know this will sound scummy, but," doesn't make that sound better. It's sorta like saying, "I'm not a racist, but..."
I guess it's
sorta
like saying it, but in reality it's not. At all.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #432 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:10 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Nice.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #456 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:08 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

BTW, did anyone figure this stuff out?
MeMe was about to die, and I never take the words of a scum on her deathbed too seriously. It's more than likely just a worthless puzzle to confuse the town.

And I agree with neko that it's not right for the mod to threaten to kill soupfly when he didn't even lay out any rules against PM posting.
Gorgon wrote:I must note, though, that there's still the slight possibility that Tar is mafia. If he is, he's most likely the sole remaining member, and thus would have been forced to carry out the nightkill. In this scenario, the lack of an NK is explained by the fact that Tar was blocked, rather than him having been protected. However, I find this unlikely, especially since this means that Tar essentially sacrificed MeMe yesterday.
I find it unlikely too, though I would note that MeMe's attempt to stop her own lynch wasn't very thorough. Her self-vote near the end is normally categorized as bad play, and I can't help but think she had a reason for it. A gambit like this, while a horrible idea, could explain it. I find it much more likely that Tar was the nightkill who was protected by the bus trip.
The only people I see as very probably town right now are Tar, soupfly, and neko.
I agree with this sentence. I sincerely doubt that Tar, Fly, or Neko are scum. Fly, you should just keep playing.If you are killed then so be it, but until then you can still provide your own insights.

It looks like a lot of people are suspecting me. I don't know why. The only things that I've done so far are vote Tarhalindur (pre-claim), confuse this game with a different game I'm in, vote MeMe (post cop claim), and try to find out why Tarhalindur believes four unnamed players are clean. There's nothing damning in there, though I concede nothing daftly pro-town, either.

I, like Napoleon over there, will need to read the game completely to determine where my suspicions lie.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #458 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:25 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

If SirWario's actions and interactions are what you find the most suspicious about me, then I can't fix that.

I may very well be the lynch for today. It could be inevitable. Regardless, I'm going to go back and give my predictions for the last scum.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #465 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I can't say that I advocate my own lynch, but I also wouldn't be too dismayed by it either, since I only recently replaced into this game.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #478 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:43 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Could have been a way to roleblock too. Afterall, who could resist free money, town or scum?

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #481 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:40 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I think we should kill Javert. If he is scum, then he will never forget the town that destroyed him and his scumbuddies in a perfect volley of lynches. If he is town, then he will never forget the first game in which he got lynched as town. Either way this will be an epic game for him.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #486 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Javert wrote:Reading back on MeMe's posts, it is fairly clear that when MeMe voted for Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien in Post 384, her vote was made at a time where it was very likely that Pra was
not
going to be lynched due to a lack of votes near deadline. If there was distancing going on, that is precisely when scum
will
distance because the risk is minimal.

When she voted Arakorn in Post 331, however, it was at a time where lynching Arakorn was possibility, and that was in fact the purpose of her vote. The context of the votes sometimes matter more than the presence of the votes themselves.
Good posting.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #493 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

The first post was humor, the second post was serious. And what do you mean "trying anymore"? I only recently replaced into this game.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #495 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:30 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I was agreeing with Javert's assessment of the situation and complementing him on his logic.

So, are we going to lynch me or not? Right now it looks like that's where we're going, and if that's the case then I'm not going to bother forcing myself to read all 500 pages of the game to give you all a half-assed guess as to who is scum. Instead, I'll just do a quick recap of where I stand so far:

Probably town: MBF > Tar > Fly > Neko
Neutral: Javert > Arakorn > Pra > Gorgon
Probably scum: gorckat

vote: gorckat

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #503 (isolation #17) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:37 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Okay, I had a reason for my vote. I was browsing some of the earlier pages and saw that gorckat said something really scummy along the lines of "I don't care who dies" or "I'm scum" or something, but now I can't find it. Bah, this is what happens when I post at 2am.

unvote

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #510 (isolation #18) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:07 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

gorckat wrote:This was the end of my 57th post and probably what you saw.
Yes, that's it. Thanks.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #519 (isolation #19) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:03 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I died.

X_X

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”