Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:51 pm

Post by Lloyd »

At first, I was going to vote randomly based on my dice roll. Then, I decided to write up my analysis instead:

Possible pairings:

a) Xtoxm and TheSweatpantsNinja
Inconclusive thus far, TheSweatpantsNinja hasn't posted much

b) Xtoxm and YvonneSeer
Banter seems overly friendly

c) Xtoxm and TheStranger
Both voted early

d) TheSweatpantsNinja and YvonneSeer
Inconclusive thus far

e) TheSweatpantsNinja and TheStranger
Inconclusive thus far

f) YvonneSeer and TheStranger
No direct interaction thus far

My current suspicion list, in order of most to least:
1) TheSweatpantsNinja - Hasn't posted much
2) YvonneSeer - Chiming in to move the dialog, and her most recent post seems interesting
3) Xtoxm - Chiming in to move the dialog as well, and the self vote seems interesting
4) TheStranger - Provided the most analysis thus far

FOS: TheSweatpantsNinja
- I'd like to hear more from him
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Lloyd »

TheSweatpantsNinja,

Responding to TheStranger's point that you used basic Wifom, with another Wifom posting, seems scummy. My earlier FOS at you remains.

I don't understand your metagaming references to game 470 between you and TheStranger.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by Lloyd »

While we wait for YvonneSeer to gather her thoughts...

What does everyone think Mayor Gruden? I liked the hot chocolate that he served us.

I hope that generator lasts us remainder of winter.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #38 (isolation #4) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:59 am

Post by Lloyd »

Xtoxm wrote:Don't like Lloyd's analysis. Hints at a pairing with me and Yvonne, then FOS's someone else for not posting yet.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:I do agree that I don't terribly like lloyd's analysis, but I think he might have been just trying to jumpstart the game.
YvonneSeer wrote:
Lloyd:

Why are you so eager to pair everyone off with nothing whatsoever to go on?
I stand by my post. In other games that reach size of 5, postings with pairings eventually happen. Doing so in this game help generate discussion, which I find more useful than alternative of placing a random vote that I had considered initially.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:23 am

Post by Lloyd »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:I still think thestranger's scum. I know, I'm too certain, etc, etc. But I feels it in my bones.
Between you, TheStranger, Xtoxm, and YvonneSeer, I actually find TheStranger to be the least scummy, which contributes to my suspicion of you.

Is your argument against TheStranger mostly based on the other game that you referred to earlier? Your meta-gaming reference seems Wifom-ish, because you seem to be accusing TheStranger of doing something in this game that you find similar to what you did in the other game.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #40 (isolation #6) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Lloyd »

Xtoxm wrote:
YvonneSeer wrote:Oh, hello! Are you scum?
Yeh :wink:
YvonneSeer wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
YvonneSeer wrote:Ah, putting yourself at L-1. A classic townie move.
What?
Sarcasm aside, explain your reason for a self-vote and why you think it's a pro-town move.
YvonneSeer wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
Lloyd wrote:While we wait for YvonneSeer to gather her thoughts...

What does everyone think Mayor Gruden? I liked the hot chocolate that he served us.

I hope that generator lasts us remainder of winter.
I don't have a clue what you're on about?
Lloyd's talking about the game's opening flavour.
Xtoxm and YvonneSeer,

It feels like there are two conversations going on in this game:

There is the main one between TheStranger and TheSweatpantsNinja, first discussing Xtoxm's self-vote, and now about each other's accusatory posts.

In the background, there seems to be a separate one between you two in a casual manner. In larger games, I would think that you are masons subtly answering each other's questions in the background.

In this game, since we don't have masons, your banter seems suspicious to me.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #41 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Lloyd »

TheStranger wrote:Well it's not quite that the numbers don't apply at all, they do provide a general picture. But I think it's a mistake to base our decicisons on how random voters would fair.
I agree. Instead of math of random voters, I would rather focus on posts in this game.
TheStranger wrote:Random
vote: Xtoxm
Is your vote still random, or is now for Xtoxm's self-vote?

In hindsight, your random vote seems precarious for a game this small (potential for a quick lynch), but the same can be said for Xtoxm's self-voting.

It seems a little suspicious that you have been accusing TheSweatpantsNinja, yet voting for someone else.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #52 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:11 am

Post by Lloyd »

TheStranger wrote:looking for some new input, if anyone has any.
Any thoughts on new posts since you wrote the above earlier?
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #53 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:25 am

Post by Lloyd »

Xtoxm wrote:Something i'd to point out, the banter between TSPN and TS was a bit too reaching in my eyes for them to be distancing as a scum pair. If one of them came up scum i'd be pretty convinced the other was innocent.
I disagree. I've seen players in other games (who turned out to be scums) heavily push for each other's lynch, even on day 1.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #54 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:25 am

Post by Lloyd »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Man, for some reason this game really gets my blood up. Sorry for more long rantish posts.
Are you referring specifically to this game, or mafia games in general?
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #61 (isolation #11) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:39 pm

Post by Lloyd »

I like how TheStranger's vote is no longer random.

Despite what TheSweatpantsNinja wrote, I don't like how he unvoted without FOS'ing nor voting for Xtoxm.

Vote: TheSweatpantsNinja
for that plus earlier Wifom-ish posts, which now puts TheSweatpantsNinja at L-1.

FOS: Xtoxm and YvonneSeer
for not posting substantively in responses to them being a possible pair, as both SweatpantsNinja and I pointed out earlier.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #68 (isolation #12) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:34 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Unvote

Vote: Xtoxm
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #70 (isolation #13) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:20 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Xtoxm, I agree with TheSweatpantsNinja about your determination of uncertainty being odd. Between TheSweatpantsNinja and YvonneSeer, YvonneSeer seems like the one who's been more uncertain, and not the other way around.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #82 (isolation #14) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Vote: TheSweatpantsNinja

TheSweatpantsNinja, it's for the same reason that I voted for Xtoxm yesterday. I don't like how you both unvoted yesterday without re-voting.

Yvonne, yesterday, you seem uncertain throughout the day and seemly lurking. Today, you begin by accusing everyone. What happened that caused a change in the tone of your posts? Are you so sure that you're not scum, and simply forgot to check your PM yesterday?
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #92 (isolation #15) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Ninja,

I don't follow your logic about Xtoxm's unvote. Looking at votes yesterday, Xtoxm's unvote seems to point at you more than Yvonne.

Here's a vote count summary:
Xtoxm (1) - post 8 by Stranger
Xtoxm (2) - post 9 by Xtoxm
Xtoxm (1), Ninja (1) - post 18 by Xtoxm
Xtoxm (1), Ninja (1), Stranger (1) - post 19 by Ninja
Xtoxm (1), Ninja (1) - post 60 by Ninja
Ninja (2), Xtoxm (1) - post 61 by me
Ninja (1), Xtoxm (1) - post 62 by Xtoxm
Ninja (1), Xtoxm (1), me (1) - post 66 by Yvonne
Xtoxm (2), me (1) - post 68 by me
Xtoxm (2), me (2) - post 71 by Xtoxm
Xtoxm (3), me (2) - post 73 by Ninja
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #100 (isolation #16) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:00 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Unvote

Vote: Lloyd
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #101 (isolation #17) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by Lloyd »

I don't think Ninja would have objected to voting for me, so I decided to self-vote.

Good game all. I'm the last scum. Here's my feedback:

Yvonne, congrats on linking the scums. Had the game gone to tomorrow, I have notes queued up about your over-cautiousness (such as your uses o the phrase "screw up"), in case we had gone to tomorrow. Your wireless connection unfortunately affected the pace of this game, but it was beyond your control.

TheStranger, I think you played a good game in avoiding suspicion from most players.

I like vote-swapping without explanations. It's how I play, both as scums and town. It may not be the best strategically speaking in most players' eyes, but it's a matter of personal playstyle.

Ninja, it was interesting to see your certainty toward TheStranger on Day 1. Your playstyle and certainty reminded me of a Mountainous game that I played, where the scums were going after each other on purpose.

Xtoxm, I know you preferred playing town. Luck of the draw.

Kinetic, thanks for modding. The potential institution of the scum nightkill was interesting, but I don't think I would have used it per se, because it pretty much meant killing TheStranger.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #103 (isolation #18) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:18 pm

Post by Lloyd »

You should have hammered me when you had the chance on both day 1 an day 2.

As for my suggestion about Vengeful, I think there has to be some motivation to have discussion.

I remember playing Vengeful on Scumchat a long time ago, when Vengeful was first devised, even before it was played here on the forums.

Since it was Scumchat, it went a lot more quickly. I don't think Vengeful works as well in a forum format because it can drag on for a really long time, and when one player has connection issues, the discussion slows down tremendously.

Also, what happened on day 2 where the mod had to come up with a new rule, is something that could be changed in regards to how a Vengeful may drag on, and I'm open to finding more ways to speed it up somehow in that scenario.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”