Mini 545 - The Final Stand Mafia - Dramatic Finish!

Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by Joubert »

Okay, guys, I know I'm not picking up Trebis' role very much here, but since there's no real voting with subtancial evidence, I'd suggest a No Lynch for today. Unless we start discussing like crazy and uncover a lot of things, it may be better for the Town, even if it's only from a mathematical point of view...

What was said is basically player X accusing Y, but Y has nothing special to say to defend, so X pretends that Y is guilty. It's not going quite far, in my opinion...
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:56 pm

Post by Joubert »

Vote: Glork
, for unparalleled behavior...
FoS: Mizzy
, for thinking there's only one way to play Mafia...

Oh wait, Mizzy is female... That explains all...
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:24 am

Post by Joubert »

Aaah, I'm glad I said those funky things, very funny posts ensued...

Frankly, I didn't intend sexism against anyone, and I admit "unparalleled" was
almost
taken at random in the dictionary.

Unvote
, mostly because Glork could be Jester. By the way, Shaka, what does "pull a Glork on you" mean exactly...
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:09 am

Post by Joubert »

Great, lynch me and it'll be good riddance...
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by Joubert »

After thinking about it, Glork, by his behavior, seemed to try to "stir the shitstorm" (citation from the JFK movie), which is usually not advantageous for the Town. Actually, it makes more sense after reading Glork's last posts where he asks for a claim. Looks scummy even. And Shaka's post 215 is almost ironic because a very few posts after his, I am suddenly at L-1. Very impressive, actually...

I wish Mizzy won't vote me forever for personal reasons, which is a possibility. Unfortunately, we'll have to take all her posts with a grain of salt for now...

Want to know why I suggested a No Lynch? Look at the numbers. If there's 12 players, let's assume there's 3 Mafia. So 3/12 chances we lynch Mafia, and 9/12 chances we lynch Town...

Question to TheJiveMachine: is English your native language? If yes, can you speak another one?
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:07 pm

Post by Joubert »

I'm currently playing in another game (Mini 529) where Day 1 was a No Lynch...

If so many people want to hear my claim, here it is:

I'm a Townie
, with no special power. Sorry not being Mafia...
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:28 pm

Post by Joubert »

Okay, no No Lynch. I suggested this initially because I felt the prior discussions were more like people throwing empty suspicions to each other, OMGing and such, that seemed to go nowhere. But if you all think it's constructive discussion with Scum hunting and hints digging, then I'm favorable to pursue the discussion. Simply take note that No Lynch IS a possibility that can be used. But not now, apparently...

I put my original vote on Glork because, in my opinion, it seemed like he took something I said that was moderately significant, make it bigger and invective me with exclamation marks and sputter. But then, after rethinking, I thought it could be jesterish behavior, so I retired my vote without even reading the new posts, because obviously the Jester wants to be lynched...
By the way, it is against forum rules to discuss on-going games:
I did refer to the other game only to answer Glork's question. Don't blame me, for I didn't talk about it. RetroDucts did...
If stirring YOUR shit is stirring a shitstorm, then yes, I suppose he did. But I don't think he stirred anyone else's shit. And how is asking for a claim when you're at -1L scummy? That's kinda part of a normal game strategy.
There's a big difference between simply pointing out what someone said, and blatantly use another player's talk, amplify it, and make me it look bad. That's the kind of behavior I condemn. Glork's reply really looked like the latter, although his subsequent replies did put some water on the embers...

Shaka, there's no irony anymore, I guess...
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:14 pm

Post by Joubert »

Mizzy wrote:If stirring YOUR shit is stirring a shitstorm, then yes, I suppose he did. But I don't think he stirred anyone else's shit. And how is asking for a claim when you're at -1L scummy? That's kinda part of a normal game strategy.
I was refering to my first post, which was nothing shitty, only something most people disagreed on. That's different. Taking this kind of situation and make is look like a big mistake IS a mistake by itself...
Mizzy wrote:You're still not supposed to refer to or take into consideration on-going games.
Okay, got that. Stop mis-quoting me. Sangy did the same but got away with it. Double standards are fun...
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by Joubert »

I see... So I'm not the only one thinking re-reads are annoyingly boring and lack information. But people rushed over burning rubber to Vote me because I proposed a humble No-Lynch...

Anyways, I can't clearly find anything really worth noticing, unless we try to find crumbles by scraping the various past conversations. And I'm still waiting for TheJiveMachine's answer to my question...
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:58 pm

Post by Joubert »

Oh, I already answered... Post #232:
Joubert wrote:I put my original vote on Glork because, in my opinion, it seemed like he took something I said that was moderately significant, make it bigger and invective me with exclamation marks and sputter. But then, after rethinking, I thought it could be jesterish behavior, so I retired my vote without even reading the new posts, because obviously the Jester wants to be lynched...
I don't have any other reason...
TheJiveMachine wrote:The native language question? I thought you were just being an asshole.
No, it was a serious question...
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:15 pm

Post by Joubert »

You said my grammar was sub-par, so I asked you if English was your native language...

If your answer is no, I'd say it's not everyone who can be as perfect as you are...
If your answer is yes, I'd say that I'd like to see you converse in another language and see if your grammar is "sub-par"...
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by Joubert »

Confusion reigns...
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:38 pm

Post by Joubert »

Then read only the first sentence of the quote...
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by Joubert »

Anyway, I retired my mind from this issue. I think it's a dead-end...
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #14) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by Joubert »

Glork looked Jesterish in my opinion when he accused me with fanfare and confetti. Shortly after, he adopted a more normal behavior. That's how I see it...
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:31 pm

Post by Joubert »

Okay, so it's unlikely that there's a Jester in this game? Is that what you mean?
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Joubert »

Note that Nights aren't limited to Mafia moves. If there's a Cop, we get an investigation, if there's a Vig, he can kill someone (of course, the risk of killing a Townie is still there), the Doc has a chance to protect a targeted player...

By the way, Glork, aren't you one who condemned policy lynchings (stated by Shaka, originally) a few posts ago? Post #318, to be precise. And now, you'd be willing to agree with one only because there seem to be no "better" choice before the deadline? You voted Shaka for that...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”