Mini 547 - Youthville - Abandoned on Day Three!

shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:34 pm

Post by shaka!! »

vote: Monkey

Stop messing up our streets!

):
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:42 am

Post by shaka!! »

angelmouse wrote:
Vote: shaka!!
Reason is that you have 2 exclaimation marks after your name....got to be a character to watch.....
You wouldn't believe how much people vote me for that ;)
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:
CFK wrote:
Vote: angelmouse

because I hate mice

Forgive my newbishness, but how many mafia are there in this game?
If the Mod hasn't told us, then it's a closed setup game and he won't tell us. Usually tho, there's 3 Mafia in a 12 player game, although I've seen as many as 5 in 1 scum group. There's also the possibility that we have a SK in addition to the Mafia, so we could see multiple night kills.
Didn't he ask how much mafia were in the game? Why bring up the SK?
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:14 pm

Post by shaka!! »

Sorry for the lurking, I haven't been home recently and have barely read a thing since my last post. I will reread soon.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:14 pm

Post by shaka!! »

I can't help but to feel Angelmouses quick vote, unvote fiasco at an attempt to look as town as possible, pushing a vote to start a discussion and withdrawing it once the discussion had (barely) started.
Monkey wrote:
Cephrir wrote:Putting a third vote on someone is usually the move that starts the game.
Really? I've read a few games and it isn't necessarily the usual move that has started the game, but you're more experienced so I guess I should take you're word for it, :roll: .
You shouldn't take his word for it, but you should take the towns general consensus for it. I've seen it done and have done it myself before to get conversations started and it is usually very effective, especially if it is placed on the right person. So far I've seen a different reaction invoked from the third vote in all the games I have seen a third vote placed in the random voting stage.

Although I say this I just can't seem to shake the feeling that angelmouses third vote bandwagon and quick unvote was an attempt to look townie, like a fake. Perhaps it was the quick unvote, but something about it feels very wrong.

IGMEOY
, angelmouse.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:16 pm

Post by shaka!! »

unvote

We are definitely out of the random voting stage. I don't see a reason to keep my random vote on Monkey.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:24 am

Post by shaka!! »

angelmouse wrote:
shaka!! wrote:
unvote

We are definitely out of the random voting stage. I don't see a reason to keep my random vote on Monkey.
So how come i can't remove my random vote from Curt then? I wanted to prevoke a reaction for someone not to actually bandwaggon him.

Oh and i may be new to the site, but certainly not to Mafia.
You can remove your random vote but the fact that you did it so quickly, I think was best described by Trustgossip, it was very wishy washy. You seemed way too over cautious about it, like scum who are scared to stick their necks out of their shell.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by shaka!! »

angelmouse wrote:
shaka!! wrote: You can remove your random vote but the fact that you did it so quickly, I think was best described by Trustgossip, it was very wishy washy. You seemed way too over cautious about it, like scum who are scared to stick their necks out of their shell.
It wasn't sticking my neck out. I didn't have anything concrete to go on with my vote and i didn't want a bandwaggon to start on him for no reason at all. I find it strange that so many people have jumped on me for it. If i had left the vote there for a prelonged period of time that would have been seen as as scummy as well.

I felt it best to unvote and keep an eye on how things went. After then i would weigh things up and place a proper, more concrete vote. That was my reasoning behind it, nothing more, nothing less really.
Yes I'm sure all of us understand this and we are not targeting you for doing this. The reason I am so concerned is because when you place a pressure vote like this normally you want a bandwagon to happen so that people start talking and you can assess how people react, then and only then do you unvote. That is what pressure votes are for. How ever you barely pressured, you voted, you got one reply and you unvoted. Yes this did start discussion, but it started it for what in your eyes would be for the wrong reasons.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:54 am

Post by shaka!! »

unvote

Today is my last day with one of my best friends (he's moving to America) so I won't be able to post much today but I will later tonight, I promise.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:33 pm

Post by shaka!! »

TrustGossip wrote:HEATH LEDGER DYING.
'tis a shame.. ):

I've been playing catch up in my other two games so I can inform you that this one is next.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:34 am

Post by shaka!! »

vote Rime Ice Fury

Rime Ice Fury wrote:Cephrir: "You're going someone who put the third vote earlygame?! VOTE Monkey!"

Hence my "overreaction to an overreaction" statement.
That is a complete misrepresentation of what happened. Cephir was hardly over reacting. Rather he was pointing out Monkeys over reaction and voted him for it.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by shaka!! »

Cephrir wrote:
shaka!! wrote:
vote Rime Ice Fury

Rime Ice Fury wrote:Cephrir: "You're going someone who put the third vote earlygame?! VOTE Monkey!"

Hence my "overreaction to an overreaction" statement.
That is a complete misrepresentation of what happened. Cephir was hardly over reacting. Rather he was pointing out Monkeys over reaction and voted him for it.
I don't agree that he's completely off. I may have been overreacting a little bit. You want an example of overreacting though? Try this post. :wink:
From what I gathered from your post is that you voted him for over reacting, not for using the third on the bandwagon tell. If you had voted him for using the third on the bandwagon tell then I'd agree it was an over reaction. But Rime Ice Fury posted that you were going after Monkey for using the third vote bandwagon tell.

Who is right, Cephrir?
TrustGossip wrote:shaka!!, then do you believe
I
overreacted? Or can you follow my deconstruction of Cephir (post 64)? Same question to all others. Does my argument at least make sense? Even if in retrospect I may have overreacted to an overreaction of an overreaction, I'd like to know the general consensus.
I do not believe you over reacted. I can follow your deconstruction of him. I do not feel that is completely right nor do I believe that it is bad town play or suspicious.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by shaka!! »

EBWOP

Nor do I believe that what you said about Cephrir is bad town play or suspicious.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:19 am

Post by shaka!! »

The 'Probably going to be late all the time' Votecount

Voting

shaka!! – 0 (
)
Curt
– 2 (
Greasy Spot, OhGodMyLife
)
TrustGossip
– 3 (
Cyberbob, Rime Ice Fury, CFK
)
Rime Ice Fury
– 1 (
Shaka!!
)
Vel-Rahn Koon - 0 (
)
Cyberbob - 0 (
)
Greasy Spot – 0 (
)
Cephrir - 0 (
)
CFK – 0 (
)
Monkey
– 1 (
Cephrir
)
angelmouse
– 1 (
Curt
)
OhGodMyLife
- 1 (
TrustGossip
)

Not Voting
– 3 (
Monkey, Vel-Rahn Koon, angelmouse
)

I request all prod requests be sent to me. I will not plan on prodding anyone unless asked politely (Like TG did). If a prod request is made, I will check if at least 7 days of non posting without a reason have occured then I will allow a further 3 days for a response

Yes I know I'm just trying to give the game a kick start.

Also, TrustGossip, OGML is in another game with me and has posted there either.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by shaka!! »

Cyberbob wrote:I'm off for the weekend AGAIN; I'm going to Bendigo to work in my uncle's kitchen.

I'll be back Monday sometime. I promise a nice indepth post of my thoughts when I get back. :-)
How about some cake with those thoughts? :3
Rime Ice Fury wrote:
shaka!! wrote:That is a complete misrepresentation of what happened. Cephir was hardly over reacting. Rather he was pointing out Monkeys over reaction and voted him for it.
Ah, I was reading more into his describing the invalidity of the third-vote as a scumtell. Hence why I thought Cephrir was overreacting. My mistake.
Ah I see, so then I misinterpreted your representation of his post?
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #14) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:04 pm

Post by shaka!! »

unvote:
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #15) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:13 am

Post by shaka!! »

Cephrir wrote:
I'm also a but suspicious of the lurkerhunting from some people, voting lurkers is a good way to plant your vote somewhere that its not gonna raise a lot of suspicion and could translate into a lynch later on. Unvote: Curt as it was a random vote. Vote: Rime Ice Fury for voting lurkers on two different occasions and for the scummy way he voted for TrustGossip.
I agree that the lurkervoting was dumb.
Can't argue there.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:00 am

Post by shaka!! »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:If I had to vote right now I think I would vote for TG, but with the first 4 pages being a lot of craziness that we're not even through sorting out, voting at this point would be premature for me.
Would you care to share some of that craziness with the rest of us? I'm keen for some discussion right now.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #17) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by shaka!! »

I agree. I'd prefer Greasy over Monkey.

vote: Greasy Spot
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #18) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:17 pm

Post by shaka!! »

pickemgenius wrote:I am alarmed how many people hopped on Greasy.

I think he'd be a good lynch, but shit, almost every vote came with little-no reasoning.

That wagon will be beneficial later in the game.
That's probably because you find us or voting for the same reason. Which (for me atleast) was posted by angelmouse.
angelmouse wrote:I think i would prefer a Greasy Spot lynch to a Monkey one. Monkey has tried harder to be part of the game, where as Spot has actively lurked adding little and off topic content. Don't see monkey as too scummy at all, where as Spot is right up there so/quote]
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #19) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:52 am

Post by shaka!! »

Greasy Spot wrote:My vote on Monkey was a ploy to get people out in the open and it seemed to work.

FOS: angelmouse, shaka!!, Rime Ice Fury, CFK, Cephrir

All the wagoners that jump on that bandwagon. Well that settles it. There's your list of Scum people. The one's that actively jump on the next bandwagon that comes by for any reason but their own.
Cephrir wrote:Right. Because scum always wear signs that say, "I'm scum!"
Since your wearing your sign...
UNVOTE
VOTE: Cephrir
I'm very doubtful of the ploy you supposedly used to get us out in the open. I think you were jumping on a bandwagon just the same as everyone else in the thread.

What are my reasons for disputing his so called 'ploy'?

You haven't been the most active player. All of a sudden you jump back into the game with a bandwagon vote, get seriously pelted on about it, then try to cover it up by saying that it was a ploy. It's not very often you see someone pull the random voting bandwagon to get people to react at this point in the game, especially from someone as inactive as you. I doubt you have actually checked to see if any of those people have jumped on previous bandwagons because I sure know I haven't and I know Cephrir has stated that he hasn't either.

The game was at a stalemate and angelmouse provide a better reason for voting you than there was for voting Monkey. It's common sense to go with the better. I think all those FoS's are just OMGUS. It's craplogic to suggest that all scum are in that list and I think you are trying to distract the town by saying so and cover your own ass at the same time.

confirm vote
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #20) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by shaka!! »

Greasy Spot wrote:Ok, maybe "All" was a strong word to use, but I do believe you and Cephrir are.
So why us?
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #21) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by shaka!! »

3 bullet holes? VRK must've been popular last night.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #22) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by shaka!! »

Cephrir wrote:I assume vanilla. Hope so.

There must be some reason the scum made that kill. Maybe because they/one of them are/is active and protownish and would be an obvious target?

3 bullet holes = 2 scum + SK? Or 2 scum + vig?
I'm pretty sure it's 1 bullet whole per mafia group.

I've been in a game where we've had a vig and an sk, so I think that is rather likely here.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #23) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by shaka!! »

TrustGossip wrote:On other terms, where do we go from here? Is there any relevant information from last night that anyone is willing to share? As in,
did anyone get a guilty result that would be enormously helpful
?

*cough*
Not only do I completely disagree but that is obviously role hunting.

vote: TrustGossip

pickemgenius wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:TG, I disagree with your intimation that a cop should claim right now, even given a guilty result. This seems a lot like role fishing to me.
you're high.

guilty cop always claims ASAP.
A good cop doesn't need to claim with a guilty to lynch scum.

Possible buddy?
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #24) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:48 pm

Post by shaka!! »

If a cop knows someone is scum it is very easy for that cop to build a case against him. Let's say that you are the cop and last night you got a guilty investigation, if you went back and reread that player do you think that you would be able to build a case against them, knowing that they are scum? Would you rather have the cop build a case against guilty party and then get the chance to have another night investigation or would you rather have the cop come out into the open, claim his guilty investigation and then hope he gets protected by the doctor that we don't even know exists?

If you ask me it's an obvious choice. But I suppose this does come down to a matter of opinion.

Prehaps an
unvote:
is required.

Either way,
IGMEOY: TG and PEG
. I greatly dislike the idea of a cop claim and now that you have brought the issue out into the open makes it very hard for him to decide on what he is going to do, especially if he planned on building a case on his (possibly) guilty investigation.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #25) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:22 pm

Post by shaka!! »

pickemgenius wrote:Role fishing by TG....come on, pass the blunt already, fuck... voting someone for playstyle is the easiest fucking vote you can make because it requires
ZERO BRAIN POWER OR EFFORT TO DO
, "Oh I disagree with your playstyle" Vote: imdumb

Seriously.....
Also, wrong. Playstyle would be
how
you role fish, not whether you role fish or not. My vote was not because he was role fishing in a particular way but rather because he was role fishing. I hate the idea of the cop coming forward.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:49 pm

Post by shaka!! »

PEG, amouses vote on GS is more than enough reason for me to believe that they are not buddies.

Her vote on GS was the first vote in the bandwagon and from what I recall she had good reason too. I doubt she'd call a lynch (note, not random bandwagon, she called a lynch) on her partner out of the blue. If she was the hammer or some vote other than the first, I'd agree with you, but under these circumstances I can't.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #27) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:43 pm

Post by shaka!! »

pickemgenius wrote:
shaka!! wrote:PEG, amouses vote on GS is more than enough reason for me to believe that they are not buddies.
absolute
bullshit.
SO NOBODY THAT VOTED FOR GREASY IS SCUM?
IF YOU BELIEVE THAT THEN SOMETHING IS SEVERELY MESSED UP.
That is not what I said.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (isolation #28) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by shaka!! »

Quick elab.

It's not the fact that she voted him but the circumstances surrounding the vote that makes me think so.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #29) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by shaka!! »

I've fallen a bit behind, I'll do a wee catch up later today, I won't be home for much longer.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #30) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:33 am

Post by shaka!! »

I've just been informed that I may be fighting on Saturday, which puts major stress on me. Having 2 days to prepare for a fight means that I can't be distracted by anything, so all those catch ups I promised are going to have to wait a little longer.

Sorry guys.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #31) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:59 pm

Post by shaka!! »

I am having major problems getting interested in this game. I am also quite swamped with meatworld work and mafiascum games. Hopefully something out of me soon.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #32) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by shaka!! »

For the sake of the town I am going to ask to be replaced. I haven't read a post from this game since my last and tbh I'm really not bothered doing so.

Sorry guys ):

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”