Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:46 am

Post by Bookitty »

Miztef wrote:I scanned through the votes of the scum, and all alive players.

Estes - attacked both scum

Porochaz - was attacked by scum

Streeflo - was attacked by scum

Sir Tornado - Has not attacked scum, has not been attacked by scum

groinhammer - attacked scum

Just based on that, I'm gonna jump the gun and
Vote: Sir Tornado
. Town is in a great position anyway, so why not take some risks.
I haven't done a thorough reread, and I feel fine about defending Sir Tornado's actions, Miztef. That's part of a replacement's job. But your statement here just isn't true at all, regarding Sir Tornado.

In post 200, Sir Tornado attacks Paradoxombie. In post 206 he points out an inconsistency in Paradoxombie's arguments and calls him out on it.

And that's just in a first, casual read of Sir Tornado in isolation.

If you're going to do an analysis like that, it would be helpful if you actually referred to posts, or used quotes, rather than just making unsupported statements. This one turned out not to be true... I suspect it would do no harm to check on the truth of the other statements in that post, as well.

Your wish to lynch me without any further discussion is noted, and earns you this:

FOS: Miztef

for urging a lynch without evidence, because "town is in a great position". That's how town loses its advantage, so far as I can see.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I have serious doubts about Porochaz going way back to the IH incident at the start of the game where he tried to tie himself so closely to Khelvaster. I don't really know why that was overlooked later, because IH was involved in both of those "quicklynches" and actually ordered the second one as some sort of punitive measure.

I'm still not convinced I understood that entire discussion, though, so I'm not placing a vote until I finish one more reread.

I do think it's odd that of the two people I find most suspicious right now (and yes, I know only one of them can be scum), one is voting for the other one, and the other one is voting for me.

Okay, back to rereading.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:07 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I'm having one of those WIFOM moments I've learned to dread. "Surely scum wouldn't be so bold..." "But they'd know we'd think this far too bold for scum..." -sighs-

In my view, it would be helpful for town to have some discussion before lynching someone at L-1, to glean as much information as possible from the person under suspicion, in case they AREN'T scum. We could have gone into the new day with much more data to work with. Instead we're basically in the same position as yesterday, but with one less townie to help our investigations.

I would request that no one quickhammer anyone when the new day officially starts. We need more information or scum could still win, despite our numerical advantage.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:22 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Miztef, you replaced ChronX, who also claimed a real urge to move the game along by quicklynching a few people. So it looks like it's a role urgency, rather than a personal playstyle. You claim I'm your top suspicion, and give what I consider to be a bogus reason. You also claim you're "willing to jump on a gh vote as well," but give no reason at all for this.

Care to explain why you're willing to vote groinhammer, please?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:29 am

Post by Bookitty »

Miztef wrote:As scum, is there really a good reason to rush?
Yes, actually, I think there is. More time to talk is more time to accidentally say something incriminating and to give oneself away.

I'd be interested in hearing everyone's top suspect, if that's feasible, before I place a vote on anyone. I think that discussion is always good for town, and if a mislynch happens in that case, at least we have information to carry forward so we don't CONTINUE to make mistakes.

My top suspect is Miztef, because both he and ChronX seemed in a big hurry to lynch, and haven't seemed to care much if they hit scum or town.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (isolation #5) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:19 am

Post by Bookitty »

Okay, first, Miztef, what is the difference between placing a vote based on gut instinct, and placing a hammer to pick off a player or two? Why is it all right for you to hammer without much discussion, but not all right for someone else to vote you based on a gut feeling about your behaviour? Your willingness to hammer without any discussion IS evidence. Your comment about not even being that surprised that Porochaz was town, when YOU hammered him, shows that you didn't feel you had solid evidence for that lynch. So why is it okay when you do it, and not okay when someone else does it?

Streeflo, do you have serious suspicions that "Estes's play might have been a brilliant scum bus because it was later in the game", or was it just a possibility that occurred to you? I was pretty well assuming Estes was town, and haven't seen anything to make me feel otherwise. Just curious why you brought this up now.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (isolation #6) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:07 am

Post by Bookitty »

Post 18, Sir Tornado FOS'ed Paradoxombie. So your "evidence" is wrong. Given Sir Tornado's level of lurking and nonactivity, I'm amazed he voted for or FOS'ed anyone at all.

And yes, it's absolutely true that I have never voted for a known scum, Miztef, because I replaced after Deathsauce had already been lynched. So that's pretty much a nulltell, don't you think?

And logically, doesn't it seem likely that at some point scum would have voted for their buddies in order to distance from each other? I'm good with being lynched if that's what the town thinks will narrow down the suspects and legitimately be helpful. However, your insistence that a lack of voting by Sir Tornado, who was the lurkiest of lurkers, and my inability to vote for scum who were lynched before I entered the game? I suppose it's evidence, but not very good evidence, in my view.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (isolation #7) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Right now my suspicions are on Miztef and Groinhammer. I don't like this whole "thinning the herd" mentality. That said, I can understand why people would think that Sir Tornado lurking so persistently was extremely scummy, and I fully expect to be lynched because of his actions. I think that's fair. But I would ask that the town really look at other interactions and discuss, as I intend to, so that town wins regardless of whether I'm lynched or not.

I was looking over the voting patterns of Paradoxombie and Deathsauce, hoping to find a pattern. I noticed that Paradoxombie voted for Streeflo at least twice, and in a game like this, that indicates to me that Streeflo is definitely town. (Voting once for distancing, maybe, but not twice, not in this sort of game.)

Deathsauce votes for Gatorguy (now Miztef) once. I can see this as distancing, perhaps. It is a point in Miztef's favour, though, and I think should be noted as such.

Since he's currently at the top of my scumlist, I did a vote analysis on Miztef and his predecessors. So far as I can see, rj20076 never posted at all. Gatorguy did a lot of heavy duty lurking, and didn't place a vote on anyone. Zodiac voted for Streeflo, and agreed with Sir Tornado that JDodge's playstyle sucks. ChronX votes Groinhammer, proposes a series of quicklynches (this looks SO scummy to me, honestly, to set up chain lynches like this), and then asks for replacement when no one goes along with his scummy plan.

And then Miztef comes in, unvotes, and makes his little list of who has been attacked by scum and who has attacked them (now proven to be in error, by the way)... but omits the fact that neither he nor any of his predecessors EVER put a vote on scum. Not once. And that's an interesting omission for him to make, considering the work he put into his little chart.

Miztef, care to comment on this?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:20 am

Post by Bookitty »

I'm really hopeful Groinhammer is scum. That said, if Groinhammer is town, I'm probably going to vote Miztef, in hopes of getting some sort of explanation out of him for why he keeps killing people so rapidly.

So, if GH is scum, Miztef is vindicated, but if not, I would like an explanation for why he keeps vote hopping around and pushing quicklynches. Based on his theory (incorrect, but reasonable) Miztef SHOULD have been voting for me, I'd think. His willingness to put the hammer on people who don't even seem to be his primary suspect needs explanation.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:33 am

Post by Bookitty »

@Miztef: I actually agree that Estes and Streeflo are most likely town, Streeflo more certainly than Estes, in my opinion.

I hope you are right, and Groinhammer is scum. (And honestly I was planning on voting either him or you, after more discussion helped me to make up my mind, so I would be a hypocrite to fault you for the vote -- it's the hastiness and the lack of discussion that I minded.)

I guess we have a while to wait to find out, though.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (isolation #10) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:30 pm

Post by Bookitty »

At this point, I do not mind being lynched if my predecessor's actions (or complete lack thereof) are considered most scummy. I can see how my lynch could be helpful to town in cutting down the suspects and taking some suspicion off the table.

But I urge everyone, if that's the course you choose to take, that you NOT allow Miztef to survive after I'm gone, because so far what I've seen is that he has pushed for and hurried through quicklynch after quicklynch, and in fact has expressed that this was what he was doing, since town could afford it. And so we're in this position now.

With that in mind (I'm not voting for myself, but I don't fault anyone who does, because even I find SirTornado's lurkiness to be really scummy) I'm going to

vote Miztef
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (isolation #11) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Okay, no clue now. I was VERY sure both of you were town.

Not voting for anyone until I can do a reread.

Misvote = mislynch because scum will jump on it instantly. I'm sure you know that.

Rereading both of you now.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:43 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Rereading, this interchange seems very odd. Streeflo is pushing a Paradoxombie lynch.
Streeflo wrote:
Paradoxombie wrote:WTF are you up to Streeflo?

Vote:Streeflo
Trying to get scum lynched.
This just sounds so much like scum questioning each other in midgame.

JDodge(who I always find scummy, and so usually ignore) expressed suspicion of Streeflo and accused him of wanting to bus Paradoxombie, to which Streeflo responds:
Streeflo wrote:
JDodge wrote:cause he wanted to bus his buddy, obvobv
obv
Sarcasm, or simple truth? WIFOM. Not helpful to town.
Streeflo wrote:Many people like to think I am scum for reasons I find are very poor. It's uncanny, really.
Casts suspicion on Estes (for later?), while setting up chain lynches on others:
Streeflo wrote:Although Estes's play might have been a brilliant scum bus because it was later in the game, I won't be voting Estes anytime soon.

My gut leans toward Miztef right now. I like my gut. Then Bookity and by POE, groinhammer.
When I questioned him about the Estes comment, he replies:
Streeflo wrote:It's a real possibility, and I've done it before.
Maybe in this very game, with Paradoxombie.

vote Streeflo

[Preview shows me that Estes is voting for me, but since I'm not scum, I wanted to get my post in before Streeflo hammers. I'm pretty sure he will, since I'm pretty sure he'll win the game by so doing, so I'm keeping my vote where it is.]
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (isolation #13) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:02 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I'd say the same is true for you, Estes, but I just don't think you're scum. Well played anyway though.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:50 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Well, it was a good run. I didn't really think I was going to fool you guys at this point, but I had to give it a shot.

Bookitty = CAUGHT scum.

Thanks!
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (isolation #15) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:28 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Considering the situation I replaced into, and Miztef's completely accurate reading of that situation, I was pleased to have made it this far. Estes and Streeflo both did brilliant jobs as town, in my opinion, and I didn't think I truly had much of a chance at this point. I really enjoyed this game, and thanks to everyone that I got to play with.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (isolation #16) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:08 am

Post by Bookitty »

I really enjoyed this game, and the players I got to play with were really committed to the game and thoughtful.

Thanks to Ryan for letting me play in his awesome game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”