Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:32 pm

Post by Lowell »

damn six pages in twelve hours, what a nightmare. give me a hot minute or two to come up with a townbloc. transcend isn't going to be on it. I agree with gerry that's he's trying to pocket everyone.

VOTE: blackstar

nor is this guy.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:41 pm

Post by Lowell »

zyf, and to a lesser extent, sonia, are town.

I'm not having trans this game. nor tex. put them in a pile with blackstar.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:19 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 155, BlackStar wrote:And Lowell, why did you immediately try to make yourself a town leader or whatever as soon as you started posting. "Hey guys, let me come up with a town block!" What makes you think that we'd listen to you?
Yes, because I'm amazing.

Flailing.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:20 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 157, Transcend wrote:Lowell's townbloc will have him and the 3 mafia on it :P
I will destroy you with my mighty words. After blackstar dies let's all kill trans.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:26 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 173, Zyf wrote:Lowell is town but I officially don't trust him for jack shit because he makes terrible life decisions
haha ouch! damn, you know I can hear you, right? That's too far for someone you only know online.

Unless by "terrible life decisions" you're referring to the fact that I've been playing on this site for over a decade and have yet to win a game, in which case, yes, you are correct, and carry on.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:50 am

Post by Lowell »

Oof I'm not going to be able to keep up with this pace. I'll sheep my way through D1. Who should I sheep... besides not transcend?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #836 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:40 am

Post by Lowell »

First off, screw you guys for making me do this, but as an old who only has access to this game at work for eight hours a day, this is the only way I'm going to keep up. Big chunks at a time. I've made it to page 22, now I'm headed home. Will finish this tomorrow.... unless there's 23 more pages, in which case this will never end and I'll just tunnel some random rube and hope it sticks.

From the top:

14- zyf likes page 1 wagons [+, good for him]
36- algebra calls sonia town
50- tex tries hard to be smart w/ vote on sonia [-, tryhard]
56- gerry tries, for the second time, to be cute [-, tryhard]
73- transcend metas sonia and gerry [-, coaching]
76- gerry calls out trans' "pocketing" [+]
140- lowell calls zyf and sonia town, votes blackstar
141- gerry leads w/ 3 votes (tier, blackstar, algebra)
147- zyf votes gerry, L-3
155- blackstar gets defensive about his two votes [-, panicking]
157- transcend says Lowell's townblock will have "himself and the 3 mafia on it" [-, how you know I'm town, chief?]
172- zyf newbtownslips re: N0 confusion [+, could be staged, but I'm buying this]
189- mimi earnestly answers zyf's question after mocking it [-, trying to fake a townslip here]
199- xkfyu calls gerry town, "therefore" someone on his wagon is scum [+, terrible logic, but somehow too terrible to be scum]
215- xkfyu calls out blackstar and excuses him in one breath [-, looks like coaching]
260- eager says ppl "making a big deal" over first vote [+, I sort of agree with this]
283- trans says "my best guess for the 3 (usually there's 3 scum) wolves are..." [-, realized he scumslipped in 157]
289- xkfyu spends a lot of time defending gerry [-, why?]
304- saru says he's not defending eager bc if he were, something something [-, weak defense, got caught buddying]
330s- trans loses his shit
354- saru emoticons his wagon [-, looks too casual]
406- zyf pushes wagon, says claiming is pointless [+, I like the energy here]
407- sonia lols saru wagon after zyf and xkfyu push it [-, looks like subtle shifting away from saru]
417- sonia joins wagon
420- sonia changes her mind, votes a lurker [-, obvious derailing]
430- mimi wants claim from saru
480- saru leads with 5 votes (mimi, trans, xkfyu, zyf, blackstar)
543- saru claims VT, laments cruel fate [-, overwrought]

A couple of things so far.
FOS Sonia
who looks terrible for the derailing of the saru wagon, and saru looks terrible for being scummy. Were this right now, I'd vote
FOS saru
... but since I don't know what's going on right now I'll hold off.

Also, townpoints for
zyf
and
gerry

mimi
looks like scum.

I'll die before I call
trans
town, but I don't have a strong scumread on him atm.
blackstar
looks better than I remember. There's probably some other players.

Fully expect all of this to change when I catch up tomorrow.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #837 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:42 am

Post by Lowell »

Also, again, really, go to hell everyone for this gamespeed. Such youthful enthusiasm. It sickens me.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #839 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:44 am

Post by Lowell »

I forgot to mention
trans'
obvious scumslip in 157 and 283.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:44 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 838, xSoniaNevermindx wrote:^ We were better off without you vote Transcend or go away again please
Is it really trans right now? Well then I fully expect to be on board. Let's do this tomorrow.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:48 am

Post by Lowell »

Probably! Give me tomorrow to read 12 more pages and make sure he didn't do anything town.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #958 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:54 am

Post by Lowell »

From the top, noting that the first half of this has been posted already (#836):

14- zyf likes page 1 wagons [+, good for him]
36- algebra calls sonia town
50- tex tries hard to be smart w/ vote on sonia [-, tryhard]
56- gerry tries, for the second time, to be cute [-, tryhard]
73- transcend metas sonia and gerry [-, coaching]
76- gerry calls out trans' "pocketing" [+]
140- lowell calls zyf and sonia town, votes blackstar
141- gerry leads w/ 3 votes (tier, blackstar, algebra)
147- zyf votes gerry, L-3
155- blackstar gets defensive about his two votes [-, panicking]
157- transcend says Lowell's townblock will have "himself and the 3 mafia on it" [-, how you know I'm town, chief?]
172- zyf newbtownslips re: N0 confusion [+, could be staged, but I'm buying this]
189- mimi earnestly answers zyf's question after mocking it [-, trying to fake a townslip here]
199- xkfyu calls gerry town, "therefore" someone on his wagon is scum [+, terrible logic, but somehow too terrible to be scum]
215- xkfyu calls out blackstar and excuses him in one breath [-, looks like coaching]
260- eager says ppl "making a big deal" over first vote [+, I sort of agree with this]
283- trans says "my best guess for the 3 (usually there's 3 scum) wolves are..." [-, realized he scumslipped in 157]
289- xkfyu spends a lot of time defending gerry [-, why?]
304- saru says he's not defending eager bc if he were, something something [-, weak defense, got caught buddying]
330s- trans loses his shit
354- saru emoticons his wagon [-, looks too casual]
406- zyf pushes wagon, says claiming is pointless [+, I like the energy here]
407- sonia lols saru wagon after zyf and xkfyu push it [-, looks like subtle shifting away from saru]
417- sonia joins wagon
420- sonia changes her mind, votes a lurker [-, obvious derailing]
430- mimi wants claim from saru
480- saru leads with 5 votes (mimi, trans, xkfyu, zyf, blackstar)
543- saru claims VT, laments cruel fate [-, overwrought]
558- mimi notes xkfyu's suspicious 542 [+, hadn't noticed, but true]
567- sonia derails saru wagon again [-]
605- sonia votes trans
645- xkfyu has farcical reasoning for switching from lowell to vedith [-]
664- vedith casually declares trans and zyf town [-, why?]
680s- zyf and sonia clash over nothing [-, both look stupid here]
704- zyf claims mafia [?]
716- blackstar votes, then unvotes, saying it was a test [-, wtf?]
731- blackstar says he wants to see how zyf/sonia "plays out" [-, happy to hide, not sure what the pro-town value is in this]
740- tex enters, laments the lack of cases, votes tier [-, ironically terrible "case" here, looks like low-hanging fruit]
752- saru leads with 3 votes
777- xkfyu jokes that blackstar wonders why he is always mislynched [-, scumslip. I don't recall xk having a townread on black, so why is he using the word "mislynch"]
784- xkfyu gives readlist, puts all heavy posters as town and minposters as scum [-, very opportunistic list]
830- vedith explains his lack of serious reads [-, not a fan of this meta "this is how D1 works" stuff]
836- Lowell dominates
850- sonia threatens ragequit
899- xkfyu mocks zyf for calling out a lurker for lack of townie activity [-, literally this guy's whole scumlist is lurkers. also, looks like subtle derailing of tierwagon that he claims to like. if he really thinks tier is scum, why would he be mocking someone else's reason for voting him?]
908- mimi OMGUS's zyf [+, I actually like this for reasons I don't fully understand. The boldness, maybe]
949- xkfyu happily jumps off tierwagon

Forcing myself to look each of you in the eye, then:

Townsy:

sonia
- she has contributed well, generally. And I'll admit I'm a sucker for a fake rage-quit. If it's all a hustle, good for her, you got me. My only concern here is her seeming protection of saru. If it were just "I have a strong townread on saru" I feel like she'd say that more explicitly rather than trying to derail.
mimi
- I like 558 for its content and 908 for its tone. There's a fearlessness here that feels natural.
zyf
- in spite of myself. I find it very unlikely that the tripartaite superposters of zyf/sonia/trans are all town, but in general he's a guy out there trying to make cases, which is good.

Nullish:

saru
- not much to like here. His "woe is me" 543 is bad, and the possible white knighting by sonia doesn't help. But in the past few pages I've been a bit happier with his content.
algebra
- no comment.
vedith
- ditto.
tier
- MIA, but fine, I guess, save for some guilt by association with xkfyu.
gerry
- very torn on this guy. Gun to my head I'm leaning newbtown here.

Bads:

fos blackstar
- utterly forgettable in a scummy way. His only "scumhunting" of late has been to jump on my earlier claim that trans scumslipped and ask faux-innocent questions about it without taking ownership. 932 is bad, in particular: "do we know if there are werewolves" is a statement designed to look like a townslip. And I do not understand 716 or 731 at all. In any way.
fos Xkfyu
- nothing to like here. My only reservation (seriously) is that he's verging on "too scummy to be scum." Detailed above. His readlist is an opportunistic sham, he scumslipped in his defense of blackstar, derailed his own tier wagon without explanation. If he's scum, tier probably is too.
fos Transcend
- I still think 157 and 283 are, combined, a scumslip. The way he casually calls me town (for no reason as far as I could see), then pivots from "mafia" to "wolves" in the oh-so-innocent 283 setup speculation. This is a put-on. I know he's an action scum player, which fits.
fos texcat
- lurkerscum. 740 is upsettingly bad. He mocks everyone's terrible cases only to reach back for a lurker and a case based on one post, 600 posts prior. I see an outside chance of a tex/xkfyu/tier pairing here, with xkfyu casting a vote for and then heavy-handedly derailing tier's wagon and tex trying to make sure he doesn't do the same thing.

VOTE: xkfyu

Now, then, I'm caught up. Ask me anything, right now before I fall behind again.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1121 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:42 am

Post by Lowell »

Doing my best to stay current:

I've liked blackstar of late.

texcat still does not impress, nor does xk. trans still ought to die as well, though it can wait if need be.

Feeling very town on mimi and zyf. also, @zyf, you're fine, and I admire your passion. I like zyf's claim there. If I had that role I'd probably have done the exact same thing, and it's hard to imagine him fake-claiming it as scum when he wasn't in any real danger.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1122 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:42 am

Post by Lowell »

pedit- tex is wrong about this.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1125 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:54 am

Post by Lowell »

Looking at this again, blackstar and xk probably don't both belong on my scumlist.

The case on xk, among other things, contains this:
777- xkfyu jokes that blackstar wonders why he is always mislynched [-, scumslip. I don't recall xk having a townread on black, so why is he using the word "mislynch"]
784- xkfyu gives readlist, puts all heavy posters as town and minposters as scum [-, very opportunistic list]

It's hard to reconcile 777 with both black and xk as scum. would xk scumslip intentionally to "clear" his scumpartner and incriminate himself? Probably not, since if anyone calls him on the scumslip (as I have) xk would be the first one to die anyway... so why make that trade? Either 777 slip is real, in which case xk is scum and black isn't, or the slip isn't real, in which case xk isn't scum and who knows about black. but in any event they're not both scum.

So what I'm saying is, despite the case I laid out earlier, I don't really see black as scum. His recent series of "I y'am how I y'am!" posts strike me as sincere, in any event, and explain away some of the problems I saw.

So gun to my head I'm saying tex/trans/xkfyu, with the last the one I want to pursue first.

Pedit@mimi- Still don't see the reason for risk, and am buying the claim. I'm by no means 100% sure, if that makes you feel better, but I'd bet money that it's true at this point.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1457 (isolation #15) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:56 am

Post by Lowell »

picking up prod. I was without internet for a couple of days.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1512 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:59 am

Post by Lowell »

My apologies again, but I'm having major connectivity issues, both at work and at home. I live in a developing country and, well, these things happen.

Hopefully I can resolve this in the next couple of days. Bear with me. I don't want to replace out if I don't have to.

I see my vote is now moot, and that two wagons I like (or, at least liked last time I was able to read the thread) are taking off. Good on you, gang. I owe another catchup post when I finally get back online for more than 60 seconds at a time.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1513 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:35 am

Post by Lowell »

Hey look that didn't take long. Was able to stick the landing on my internet on just my fifth try. Huzzah. From my last post, 1125:

1126- sonia disagrees about zyf's claim [+, agree to disagree, but good on her for standing up on this]
1129- tier "agrees 100%" with lowell's scumreads [-, suspicious?]
1137- dwlee "confirms" his predecssor's claim
1153- vedith defends xykfu [+, nice, actually]
1179- trans votes xkfyu to L-2
1262- mimi calls trans town
1271- gerrygoat votes algebra, calls tier scum [+, I'm buying the "OMG this is hard LOL" bit here, don't ask me why, and I like this vote. It's creative and starting to look good]
1291- trans moves off xykfu wagon, votes tex [undermines my theory of trans/xykfu/tex as scumbuddies... why derail one to start another]
1320s- trans laments his death will only "reveal" one scum [+, buying this as town reaction in spite of myself]
1334- trans claims 2-shot doc
1357- sonia doesn't believe claim
1359- vedith doesn't believe claim
1396- tex explains his disbelief of trans read [-, looks like a try-hard, "our doc"]
1421- dwlee owns tex
1434- tex keeps pushing the issue [-, this is the only point he's1 been interested in all game]
1444- tex leads w/ 4 votes
1481- xkfyu joins algebra wagon
1483- mimi, too
1502- trans and tex lead with 4 votes

Offhand:

xykfu
looks better than before. I'm buying vedith's defense in 1153.
gerry
looks better as well. For whatever reason I'm buying his "LOL mafia is hard, guyz" posts and I like his creation of the algebra case that has started to catch fire.
trans
looks better as well. I'm buying the claim. Also, I'm not totally buying sonia (and others') "OMG we may have outed a PR OMG" reaction, which feels like crocodile tears. The claim is probably true, and docs are basically useless anyway. Being overly concerned about this is a scumtell.
dwlee
looks good. I believed the claim when zyf made it, and I believe it now.

algebra
looks worse. I had written him off as a lurker, but I think it's worse than that, I think he just posts opportunistically.
texcat
looks MUCH worse. I think he's in over his head on the trans claim debate. His disputing the claim reads more as protecting his own skin rather than really caring about the claim itself. This is by far the most he's gotten into anything this game, and I think it's because he feels like he needs to tip the balance because his name is coming up as an alternative. He picked this fight when it was in dispute (sonia agrees, tier agrees/agreed?), but it looks bad in hindsight.
sonia
looks worse as well. Her rage is getting tiring and starting to look like a puton. Also, her whining about the claims feels overwrought.

VOTE: texcat. If he flips scum, I'm confident trans' claim is real.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1514 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:36 am

Post by Lowell »

mimi
looks worse and
vedith
looks better than I remember.
tier
is still a non-factor.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2552 (isolation #19) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:58 am

Post by Lowell »

Is there a 'Guy Who Is Just OMG Freakin' Killing My Reads Right Now Damn I Can Read Your Goddam Minds Hear You Squirm You Best Just Kill Me Before I WRECK This Shit Out Of This Scumteam Because I-- Oh, Oops' award? If so, I think it should be named after me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”