curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:27 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

pwayne66 wrote:I agree. Let the sig stay. It was clever, even if it was at my expense.
unvote:

I fell for it too, not to the extent
you
did, but I did fall for it...

I will remove my OMGUS vote because the pressure of trying to redeem yourself in our eyes is probably taxing enough..

(laugh)

Vote Mastermind of Sin
, get into the game man..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:35 am

Dr. Blackstrike wrote:
Therefore:

I think that townies should try get killed by the mafia. It hurts the cult.

-Doc "Fascenating" Blackstrike
am I reading this wrong? did you just state you were mafia? Did you really just say we should try to get lynched by the mafia???

unvote: MoS
vote: Dr. Backstrike

First the Sig, now this...wait, are you trying to get lynch? Jester, maybe?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #42 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:00 am

Dr. Blackstrike wrote:I just read the rules again and we have exactly 4-6 recruitable people.

-Doc "Shame on me for not doing that to begin with" Blackstrike
I guess what my problem here is that almost every post from you does not seem to be from a town perspective. I mean, if you were town, you would see why "townies should try to get lynched by mafia" is insane. How do we win if we are trying to get lynched?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #47 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:53 am

pwayne66 wrote:I don't agree with using pressure to disuade conversation. This type of game is new to most of us. We ought to encourage all the discussion and sharing of ideas we can prior to the game really starting. If Dr. BS has a point I want to hear it, not discourage him by using bully tactics.
good point, care to provide your opinion on why (or how)we should try to get lynched (or NKed?) by the mafia?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #48 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:55 am

(laughing)..."Dr. BS".....missed that on the first read
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #61 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:14 am

Just for the sake of all of us being on the same vernacular. “scum” includes, mafia, cult, SK…anyone not protown. So when I say someone is “scummy” I mean they could be mafia or in the cult.

I think your post is slightly inaccurate. What exactly are you doing to bring light to non-contributors except for this post? Have you asked for prods? Are you currently voting non posters to get them going? You are posting but I don’t find you scummy (yet) and I am not attacking you. You don’t see how Dr. BS’s post could be taken as scummy? I am “attacking” him because of his scummy behavior not because he is posting….however, I do not want this bandwagon to get out of control (yet) and prematurely end the Day quickly..

Unvote Dr. Blackstrike

Rereading Dr. BS first post on the subject. I think I read when he wrote “townie” as “anyone on the town side”…I think he met “vanilla town”…if I reread his post and think “vanilla town” I can see what he is saying(sort of). But I dont think I agree with it….he hasn’t really answered my question, how should townies make themselves ripe for a NK kill? Ideally, wouldn’t we want the mafia to hit the Cult Night 1?

Pwayne is right though, there are too many lurkers in this game. I would like some of the non posters thus far comment on the game. Mainly I am curious what people have to say about Dr. BS’s theory that the vanilla townies in our town should make themselves ripe for a mafia NK. Maybe there is a tactic here that I am looking over.

Mod is it too early to ask for prods?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #78 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:51 am

bold is me.
Dr. Blackstrike wrote:
Maybe my logic is off, but this is the way I think. Oh well. Plus, I feel that I've explained my vote before well enough in my opinion, but I'm gonna unvote: Dr. Blackstrike for now, at least until I hear some thoughts from him.
My main thought is that we've wasted valuble time talking about me. That, and I think you're scum looking for an easy lynch, but I doubt you wanted to hear that.

Well, I do not think anything is being wasted talking about you and your ideas. Your crazy theory has gotten the town moving and in Day 1 that is very important. So no, I do not think anything is wasted talking about you
Secondly I need to read, but why have several ppl attacked MoS for not appearing and not say Rump-Wat or myself. Seems kinda odd.
I think it was because MoS what posting elsewhere.

I voted MoS to start pressuring the lurkers, his name was the first on the list.

These 3 faction games are interesting as the scum should go after the cult, as they will grow, making it hard if not impossible to get the 50% endgame, while town goes down/stays stable.
However, we have to garrentee that the mafia will specifcally go after the cult. Now if we could arange for some more incentive for them to help us...

uhhh, like what? Again, this statement doesnt sound like it is coming from a town perspective. Maybe there is a reason you are "almost" getting lynched in every game (even though you werent close here)

Vollkan brings up some good points, mostly I think Dr. BS's idea was radical for the game, but I can see where he is coming from( I think with some help from Pwayne). I do not agree with his initial idea and plan of action, but I can see where he is coming from (or at least where he was going). What concerns me is that it is obvious that his comments are not coming from a vanilla town prespective. Which means he is either scum or a power role. That being said, I DO NOT THINK ANYONE SHOULD CLAIM Day 1. There has been a lot of talk about claiming or when to claim, but I do not think it is a good idea. I also do not think Dr. BS is a good lynch for Day 1. I think our lurkers need to comment as well.

MOD please prod ac1983fan and Mastermind of Sin
Theo you left ac1983fan off your list, but I dont find that "kinda odd" (smirk)...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #80 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:59 am

right right, I agree that L-1 it is important to claim if you are a power role, just so the town doesnt lynch you, but the mafia will get you the following night...pretty screwed either way..but claiming at L-1 does help the town in the short run.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #85 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:40 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Why is everyone voting Flameaxe? I'm with Theopor that it's odd that I was mentioned for having not posted (I didn't know the game had started and I was watching for it in Theme Park), but everyone else is ignored. I know for a fact that Theopor was posting, because he and I just finished a game together where he was nightkilled right before the game ended.

first off all, not everyone was "attacking" you..it was just me, I have played with you before and know you tend to type a lot and was concerned about your lack of typing here. I started with you because you were the first lurker on the list...and had my vote on you for about 3 seconds once the Dr. BS's post came out. I figured you didnt know about the game (that is why I asked for a prod)...

we still have not heard from acfan, chances are he doesnt know the game has started, as well??
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #87 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:36 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I never said I was "attacked". You're putting words in my mouth.
right, think Theo used the word attacked
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #106 (isolation #11) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:57 am

tyhess wrote:I am going to keep my vote on the doctor. His posts just seem, well, weird. However, I find myself agreeing with him (like Trojan Horse) about the voting. I think he has a valid point, but the way it was posted seemed to pro-scum
for the sake of a conversation starter,
vote tyhess
, for having infrequent low content posts and appearing as if you are opputurnistic..

care to explain why you think Dr. BS posts were wierd up you agree with him?..how does his post seem pro-scum? What parts are vaolid?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #112 (isolation #12) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:46 am

tyhess wrote:oppurtunisitc.....hmmmmm.......probably....I've been called that before for, but for better reason than in a mafia game. And as far as the short post.....I follow the KISS theory (Keep it simple, stupid), unless I have something big to say, or, like now, I'm being voted for.....

As far as the doctor vote, everybody (or almost everybody) has agreed that his post was weird. I haven't been on for a couple of days becasue of my internet messing up (for like the 100th time), and reading the posts, I will

UNVOTE: DOCTOR
I didnt ask you to unvote, I asked you what points were valid and why you felt he was pro-scum
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #122 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:41 am

tyhess wrote:What u said had absolutly nothing to do with me unvoting. I went back and reread the 3-4 days worth of posts that I missed, so that's why I unvoted.
why are you not answering my questions? You jumped on the BS wagon, kept your vote on him even though you agreed with him, but you think he is proscum, and now you unvote him. I am quite confused.

PLEASE ADDRESS MY QUESTIONS..

What parts did you agree with in reference to Dr. BS's posts (or were valid)?
How does his posts seem pro-scum?

and a new one, if you think his posts seem pro-scum, why did you unvote?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #129 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:08 am

..and what parts of his post did you think were valid? (think you missed that one again).
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #151 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:37 am

AGAIN? Tyhess is jumping on the bandwagon of the hour without providing much content at all...
tyhess wrote:
If your going to lie about your postion do not, under any circumstances, change your story, especially when you are righting it down in a game where that type of thing is looked for. I'm all for lying in a game like this when you have to, but do not change your story. Noone can trust you and you look like scum.

For that:

Vote: THEO
Maybe I am slow, but what is your reasoning behind this vote again? Without quoting anyone else, what did Theo “change his story” about?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #154 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:53 am

tyhess wrote:I would have to say that I agree with everything said by pwayne about how believing you have found scum and using bullying tactics........I hadn't seen this yet by my last post or i would posted this on my last post.
wait, what?

I am not bullying you...I just want you to back up your vote, just like everyone else..

I am not even sure I understand this post either..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #157 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:03 am

pwayne66 wrote:
I've got my eye on pwayne because I found him defending Blackstrike more than anyone, asking Curious/Flame in 45 to not bully him, not
use pressure votes to extract information

These characterizations of this comment (bolds by me)
I don't agree with
using pressure to disuade conversation
. This type of game is new to most of us. We ought to encourage all the discussion and sharing of ideas we can prior to the game really starting. If Dr. BS has a point I want to hear it, not discourage him by using bully tactics.
don't sit well with me. One of three things are happening here. 1) You are deliberatly mischaractrizing my position 2) You misread my position or 3) You correctly read my position but believe that I was implying something else.

Well, I can see how someone can make that jump in logic. This is most likely are misunderstanding. You didnt like my pressure vote because there was a chance it could dissuade conversation. I can see how someone might misread this as you didnt like "bullying" (thus getting more information). I really think this boils down to two different playstyles for Day 1 and a misunderstanding.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #165 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:45 am

vollkan wrote:
Oman wrote: Now why am I voting for the suspected mafia instead of suspected cultist? Because I have limited experience with cults and I'm afraid that a town player would act remarkably like a cultist, especially a powerrole.

I'm gonna stick with scumhunting for now, I'm more confident.
I have thought about this myself. I think that as long as there is only 1 cult member (right now, the leader) the cult leader has no reason to act any differently from a pro-town player. I mean, if he hunts scum actively then he works against an immediate threat but, unlike townies, the cult leader benefits even if there is what to us is a mislynch. At the moment, he doesn't have any altar-boys to worry about, in contrast to the scum who obviously have their scumbuddies.

As the game progresses and the cult grows, I think we can expect its behaviour to become more "mafia-like". As it grows, it has more members to protect and, thus, there is more likelihood of us being able to sniff out some connections.
Maybe we should stay away from the "future cult behavior tactics" conversation until the future. No need giving anyone advice how to act (now or) in the future. I do agree that the cult leader is most likely acting townish (or lurkish) Day 1.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #167 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:57 am

vollkan wrote:
Good point, but I don't think that what I said was a tactic so much as an inevitability.
who knows, I could just see a conversation thread developing.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #197 (isolation #20) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 am

vollkan wrote:
Trojan wrote: Combine that with the fuss over not being able to edit his posts (which we aren't allowed to do), and tyhess has been acting like a
major newb
so far
Newb..not scum.

Guilty conscience perhaps?
I am beginning to see your point. However, newbies can always be newbie scum. Going to down grade however,

Unvote tyhess
FoS tyhess.

He could be a newbie...
Tyhess, can you see how you look slightly guilty jumping on the bandwagon of the hour?
Mastermind of Sin wrote:theopor and flameaxe seem protown. We should place pressure on CKD.
well, maybe you should start, please provide more than just a line of “content”. I know I am provoking you to “pressure” me but if it gets you talking it will be helpful for everyone. I have seen you provide great break downs, analysis, and insight why are you not doing so now?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #214 (isolation #21) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:36 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Actually, there is not much incentive for townies to do anything other than what they feel like doing. They don't have a reason to control and edit what they say, because they are protown. They don't need to reword their posts to put the best light on it, and they don't need to watch what they say to avoid stepping on toes. Protown players have a lot more freedom to do things that could be considered "scummy", because they know ultimately that they *are* protown. I almost never try to avoid being scummy by sacrificing saying my opinion.
that being said, how do you play when you are scum? I assume the same way right? Or do you just make posts that have comments on game theory and personal playstyles versus actual game content?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #221 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:49 pm

Oman wrote:
CKD wrote:Or do you just make posts that have comments on game theory and personal playstyles versus actual game content?
This is perhaps the best line of the game.
and hear I thought my humor was lost.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #266 (isolation #23) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:36 am

theopor_COD wrote:Why do I get the feeling ac1983 isn't going to re-appear.
has he been prodded? if so what was the result (could not find anything)

Mod: please prod Ac1983fan
Mod Edit: Done.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #268 (isolation #24) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:07 am

White wrote:
CKD wrote:
Unvote Dr. Blackstrike
Ok, so because you reread 1 post, he's off the hook? Heck! He didn't even answer your questions! Distancing?
What questions did he not answer? If you read the posts you would see why I "let him off the hook".
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #271 (isolation #25) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:22 am

vollkan wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't it be wiser for White to post his readings for pages 4-11 before we argue with him?

For one thing, we are arguing with someone who doesn't know as much and, also, any debate now could taint his reread.
the question I asked, he has already read over.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #307 (isolation #26) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:28 pm

ac1983fan wrote:sorry for not posting, im here, i meant to read and post yeasterday, but i got interuppted... sorry,
well this is getting old, I think I agree with Theo on this..

vote ac1983fan
for lurking..

why dont you start with your scum list or player run down...or a reread analysis.

will post a player run down in the next couple days. also, support everyone posting this, I think it helps town discussion plus it is always good to see how people view each other (and how it changes through out the days)
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #325 (isolation #27) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:53 am

Mod Edit
Official Vote Count #13

Mastermind of Sin[3](Oman, White, pwayne66)
theopor_COD[2](vollkan, tyhess)
tyhess[2](ac1983fan, Trojan Horse)
ac1983fan[2](theopor_COD, curiouskarmadog)
Flameaxe[1](Dr. Blackstrike)
Dr. Blackstrike[1](Mastermind of Sin)

Not Voting[1](Flameaxe)

Mastermind of Sin
Well I was suspect of him when the game started because he was lurkerish. Now he is out bumping heads. I don’t feel like he is bringing much to the town, though. However, people are attacking him because he is being too defensive. I have never really understood that argument. If someone attacks you (scum or town) you will defend yourself…I do not get how you can defend yourself too much. At any rate, I don’t think MoS is really “defending” himself (as portraited). I think his attitude is not really helping at the moment, however, I have a feeling that if he was scum, he would be…different, at least a little more agreeable (does that make any since?) I would like more game content, than theory from him.

Oman
I think Oman might be currently trying to get conversation started. Something (that I cant place my finger on) seems scummy about him, or the way he is doing it. However, I think I am prejudiced because in recent game I have played with him he was dayvigged scum. Since then, in that game, I have been reading and rereading his posts to find clues on other scum. At this point, I think I might be might be reading too much into his post here and seeing scum everywhere. I do not trust my scumdar (currently) in regards to Oman.

ac1983fan
lurking, lurking lurking, why my “pressure” vote is here.

vollkan
I feel like vollkan is protown. I feel like he is thinking for himself and seems to be calm and promotes town conversation. HOWEVER, it should be noted that for the same reasons my scumdar is off for Oman, my towndar is could be off for vollkan. Maybe vollkan plays this way in everygame, I don’t know…I will analyze his actions (votes, unvotes, pressures, focuses) more than his words (as I will do with Oman).

Dr. Blackstrike
It was obvious that I didn’t like his thoughts and game plans at the beginning of the game(thus my blatant attack of him early on). Now he hasn’t posted very much (don’t buy that pwayne explanation that he is lurkerish now because he was pressured early on) I don’t not think he is looking at this game from a vanilla town perspective. But what that means, I do not know. He is definitely still on my radars.

pwayne66
On the fence here. Others have mentioned that he was the first to speak against a growing bandwagon of Dr. BS. This means nothing to me yet. It can be taken many different ways. However, on the surface it appears protown because he got the town talking, and personally he made me go back and reread Dr. BS’s posts some more. Pretty active now, full of opinion, which I think is good…

tyhess
Noob. I am leaning more toward scum noob over town noob, but there really isn’t enough at this point to put together a solid (as solid as Day 1 can be) case against him…keeping an eye on him.

Trojan Horse
Not a lot here…was on the mini Dr. BS and tyhess bandwagons. I don’t agree with his latest player break downs (will go into time permitting in a different post) and will require some rereading….he is on my radar…

Flameaxe
…has not provided any content since 09/05…has posted, but no content. I think he is lurking in plain site, did someone mention he is getting replaced (thought I read that somewhere, but cant find it now).
FoS flameaxe
On my scumdar…

White (r. Rump-Wat)
aggressive, seems to be “stirring” things up. No real alignment guesses yet…need to watch more...also need to go over this post a little more thoroughly

theopor_COD
took some heat from Pwayne and vollkan several pages back. I don’t think he was as “shifty” as presented. Took on an unpopular stance, was pressure and unvoted. Since then (about a week ago) has only posted in reference to acfan’s non posting….Theo, I understand the pressure (especially in a game with a cult)..but I would like to hear your thought on everyone else (and please feel free not to be “very nicey nicey”) Leaning toward town on Theo.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #337 (isolation #28) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:16 pm

pwayne66 wrote:
CKD wrote wrote:For the most part, all I really see from him is him defending himself from attacks from others.

Flameaxe wrote wrote:However, people are attacking him because he is being too defensive. I have never really understood that argument.
Do either of you have an opinion of his evasiveness? This is the main part of my vote against him, not his defensiveness.
think I stated I do not think defensiveness on a whole is scummy (some peopel think you are being defensive)...if someone is attacking you (scum or town) you defend yourself. I guess your problem is how he is doing it suggests he is scum to you...am I right? do I need to reread your post again?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #367 (isolation #29) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:55 am

tyhess wrote:I think that this goes right into what pwayne said...we are not working together at this point....we need to try to narrow down who we are attacking.......i realize that I'm probably going to be one of the 3, but I think it will be the easiest way to find the scum.
it might be you are just new or something, but I think almost everyone of your post bother me at some level...(not sure why)

at any rate, what do you mean, the town should work togther and narrow down who we are attacking? What are we doing now that you do not like?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #385 (isolation #30) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:18 am

White wrote:How about some participation from you. Who are you thinking are the most suspicious 3?
(laugh)..lead through example?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #387 (isolation #31) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:37 am

White wrote:
White wrote:I like Tyhess's idea to post your top 3 candidates, that way we can focus on who's the most suspect and maybe start pressuring them, perhaps get a day1 crack.

MoS seems scummiest to me, evasiveness and complete uselessness to town
Tyhess is second, bandwagons galore and weak arguments, no original thoughts either except this one
Acfan is third, shameless lurking and of the few posts he's made i've not agreed with any(or most) of them
QFT, Reading FTW.
wasnt talking about you(saw that you had posted one)...just thought it was funny
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #390 (isolation #32) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:44 am

White wrote:Oh gotcha. Hey, have you posted how you feel about it?
have no problem with it. 2-3 pages back i posted my thoughts on everyone..not much has changed since then....do I need to clarify my top three?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #391 (isolation #33) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:51 am

pwayne66 wrote:
AC needs to be replaced, grilling him won't work.
I am at a loss here, I too think he should be replaced (but again he posted a couple days ago)...how long should he be able to lie low? I generally do not agree with lynch the lurkers, but in this game where the cult can lie low and multiply everyone needs to be active and posting, so I dont think ignore the lurkers will work either.

AC post some content or ask for a replacement....I want to hear your views on everyone in the game (or if time is not permitting, your top three scum)

if he does either I will remove my vote
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #394 (isolation #34) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:10 am

my list is horribly offended
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #409 (isolation #35) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:44 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Has anyone noticed that almost everyone in the game has found a way to put me in position for them to go after me, even if they haven't actually presented any opinion on me being scum. Even people that were agreeing with me a lot put me at like #3 on their scumlist, giving themselves the option to jump onto my bandwagon if it gets closer to deadline. Theo and Trojan Horse are the only people who have defended me and stuck by it so far.
really, almost everyone?

even if that were true what would you say that means?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #427 (isolation #36) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:38 am

Unvote

It looks like acfan is AWOL in his other games as well, so I do not think he is actively lurking as much as he is just not here. I cant pressure someone who is simply gone. Going to put together a top three list(in the next two days). Most likely it will be

Dr. BS (early on scumminess coupled with his inactivity), Flameaxe (aggressive early, now lurking), and tyhess (for reason I have stated throughout.)

But once I read a bit it might change.

Also,
Mastermind of Sin wrote:CKD - said he expected me to act different if I was scum, but left himself the opening to switch opinions without anything momentous happening first
Well, what would you like me to think? You admitted that you were intentional being unhelpful and scummy. My review of you was that I didn’t really buy the arguments against you at a time and I requested what I would like to see from you. Now, you are putting content out there and participating, have I attacked? No…I think you are helping the town. I didn’t attack you before because I thought it was too easy…which made me curious. Which again, I mentioned in my review that if you were scum, I thought you might act different. It was a defense for you of sorts…

The only thing you have said recently I didn’t like was this.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Has anyone noticed that almost everyone in the game has found a way to put me in position for them to go after me, even if they haven't actually presented any opinion on me being scum. Even people that were agreeing with me a lot put me at like #3 on their scumlist, giving themselves the option to jump onto my bandwagon if it gets closer to deadline. Theo and Trojan Horse are the only people who have defended me and stuck by it so far.
Seemed like you were playing a victim. It seemed that if anyone in the futures decides you might be scummy afterall, you can always fall back on this. Do you think that is was just you that “almost everyone” would turn on? The game is ever changing…and opinion will change…I personally think that you are townish now..does that mean 2 pages from now I will? No…if you say or do something I think is scummy, I will call you on it….am I scummy for changing my opinion later?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #455 (isolation #37) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

realized my unvote was not bolded..

unvote ac1983fan

no point that being there....not sure I am buying the MoS bandwagon...going to reread a bit to make sure I understand it.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #483 (isolation #38) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:20 am

Oman wrote:
About the claim situation MoS, I'm not going to ask for a claim until -1, and in a game where powerrole/vanillia means everything, I'm not going to take any claim too seriously.

I.e. A powerrole claims vanillia to cause the cult to attempt a recruit and fail thus helping the town. A vanillia might claim a powerrole (but a rare one like hider or tracker) to prevent the cult from recruiting them. Claims in this game should not be taken at face value.
then way would you ask for a claim if MoS ever got to -1 if you would disregard it anyway?

and where exactly did the -1 conversation come up....I remember reading it and suddenly MoS was at -1 (and I thought "what, going to have to count that")...I have caught up to find that it was screwed up somewhere, now I read back I cant find the first mention of MoS being at -1. Also the flurry of unvotes look sort of suspicious too..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #485 (isolation #39) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:33 am

Oman wrote:Wait, mos is at -1?
no he wasnt, but if you have been following the conversation for the past couple of days..you know he thought he was.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #488 (isolation #40) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:48 am

Oman wrote:I have been, but only Vollkan said he was at -1, and I never trust player vote counts (if not scum they could just make a mistake)
now answer my question
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #491 (isolation #41) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:52 am

why are you suddenly being ridiculous? you just posted it
Oman wrote:

About the claim situation MoS, I'm not going to ask for a claim until -1, and in a game where powerrole/vanillia means everything,
I'm not going to take any claim too seriously.

I.e. A powerrole claims vanillia to cause the cult to attempt a recruit and fail thus helping the town. A vanillia might claim a powerrole (but a rare one like hider or tracker) to prevent the cult from recruiting them. Claims in this game should not be taken at face value.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #493 (isolation #42) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:55 am

What? Now you are backtracking and lying..over this?..why?
Oman wrote:Yeah, but I never said I'd disregard it.

I said I wouldn't take it too seriously and then
I said I would take it at face value.

I'm still going to read and ponder.
Oman wrote:

I.e. A powerrole claims vanillia to cause the cult to attempt a recruit and fail thus helping the town. A vanillia might claim a powerrole (but a rare one like hider or tracker) to prevent the cult from recruiting them.
Claims in this game should not be taken at face value.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #495 (isolation #43) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:57 am

well, then answer the first question..if you werent going to take the claim seriously or at face value...why would you ask MoS to claim if he got to -1?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #499 (isolation #44) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:10 am

Now I think about it…I don’t understand this post at all
Oman wrote:
Unvote
A rational explaination, doesn't sound like backpedaling to me.

This argument is interesting, cause it feels like there is at least 1 scum of Vollkan, Pwayne, MoS, but I don't know who.

About the claim situation MoS, I'm not going to ask for a claim until -1, and in a game where powerrole/vanillia means everything, I'm not going to take any claim too seriously.

Why are you unvoting MoS? What changed versus your original argument against him. Seems like you are covering all of your basis here…why do you think vollkan or pwayne might be scummy?

If you are not going to take a claim at face value, then there is no point in asking for one. IF someone is at –1 and claims doctor…you unvote (just in case) for discussion…I cant think of any situation where you would not unvote. Seems to me, that you want cover why you haven’t asked MoS for a claim yet…but, push that the claim really wont matter to you anyway..this doesnt sound very protown to me.

Now YOU are backpedaling …
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #501 (isolation #45) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:41 am

Oman wrote:
CKD wrote:If you are not going to take a claim at face value, then there is no point in asking for one. IF someone is at –1 and claims doctor…you unvote (just in case) for discussion…
you've misread my post on claiming, hyperbolised it and now you're going on about some random shit that involves me not unvoting on a doc claim.
you said..
Oman wrote:
Then you said
Oman wrote:Umm I would still take it seriously, just not tooooooooo seriously. I.e. A doc claim would not have the instant unvote power and a banillia claim would be WIFOMed and considered to death before i acted either way. I would sitll consider, they just wouldn't be the be all and end all of the argument.

Ya, and just in case i missed one...NOT
You said you would not instantly unvote a Doc claim..why? You always instantly unvote then wait, for a counter claim or discussion. Not the other way around...

AGAIN, for the 3rd time..ANSWER MY QUESTION.

If you are not going to take a claim at face value, what is the point in asking for one?!?!?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #505 (isolation #46) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:10 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Interesting to see a change of pace from CKD. He's on the offensive all of a sudden. What brought that about?
when I see something that sticks out to me as not making since or scummy, I jump on it (see my attack on Dr. BS first part of the game) nothing has really caught my eye (really) except for the last 2 pages of interchange between you/pwayne/vollkan then the flurry of unvotes...something didnt set right with me...Oman's post popped out..

I still dont understand why one would ask for a claim if he werent going to take it at face value or why someone would not instantly unvote for a doc claim..

I also dont understand why Oman felt it was necessary to evade the question. I don’t understand why he included this info at the end of your unvote…something just doesn’t make since…think it was the timing that stuck out. Going to reread to see if I can understand Oman’s perspective.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #506 (isolation #47) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:11 am

Oman wrote:Me being an easy target? Shrug.

Shrug is one of those words you can't exclaim

SHRUG!.
(laughing)...were you an easy target? What did you do that made you an easy target? All I did was ask you a question, I didnt even FoS you..interesting.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #508 (isolation #48) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:15 am

speaking of familiar..

What did you do that made you an easy target?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #511 (isolation #49) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:24 am

Oman wrote:Also I can't type tags

Excibit A

You pounced on me for a word error and just kept hammering a question saying my arnswer was invalid.
/ooc liked the song

well, I guess we can resume the conversation later, I need to work anyway (mafia is the thorn in my side while I work from home)
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #582 (isolation #50) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:02 am

Oman wrote:yeah, I always go for lynch (the game is based around odd/even cycles so nolynch only helps on doc protect).

Where is Doctor BS?
then why ask us if we lynch or no lynch? (if you always go for a lynch?)

Guardian wrote:Kakeng replaces ac1983fan (who requested replacement). Welcome him!

Dr. Blackstrike has been prodded and has failed to pick up his prod, I will begin searching for a replacement for him shortly...
Welcome Kakeng, you post anything it will be an improvement.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #591 (isolation #51) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:24 pm

Oman wrote:
CKD wrote:then why ask us if we lynch or no lynch? (if you always go for a lynch?)
Because I wanted the rest of the town's perspective (which I still haven't got). I do not personally control voting, so I can't really swing it one way or the other myself alone.
my two cents, a lynch is almost always better than a no lynch...especially while there is a chance we can hit the cult leader Day 1 before they increase their numbers
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #592 (isolation #52) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:25 pm

Trojan Horse wrote:Definitely, we need to give it a shot and lynch someone. A no lynch is bad news.

More meaningful thoughts to come tonight.
dont lie to me now.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #599 (isolation #53) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:31 am

I am always for longer days (as long as it is not for the sake of being long)...I think we have a replacement we need to hear from. I hope that "hi, I am a replacement" will not be the extent of what we hear Day 1. Also do not like Dr. BS's last post, but I think he might be replaced too...we should at least hear from the replacement.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #602 (isolation #54) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:38 am

Oman wrote:I don't like that CKD, on a personal level. The guy is trying to get better (has posted asking how to post content) replacing him doesn't help.
the fact that he hasnt picked up his prod isnt a reason to replace? How do you not like that on a personal level?

jesus, oman, I think everytime you post, it makes me want to attack you, why is that?...

fos oman
, more a gut feeling than anything...I could put together a weak case at best, not enough to warrant a vote (yet)
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #605 (isolation #55) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:40 am

welcome Tar the king of replacements..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #638 (isolation #56) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:28 am

you are not being proactive...you are being reactive...you said this.
Flameaxe wrote:To make this easier on me, and you for that matter, have anything in particular you would like me to really read in-depth and comment on in the last ~10 pages?
Vollkan (and I assume all of us) want you to go through the game on your and provide feedback, not just ask people to ask to find information.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #639 (isolation #57) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:29 am

f-ing proofrreading...edit...

Vollkan (and I assume all of us) want you to go through the game on your own and provide feedback, not just ask people to ask you to find information.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #641 (isolation #58) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:34 am

you are missing the point...you are not being proactive...you are being reactive, omg, look I am not going to have this silly conversation with you (more so than want I have already done)..

read through the game yourself and scum hunt, why are you asking other's to point you in a direction?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #643 (isolation #59) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:36 am

want=what

promise I wont hit that "submit" button till I read my post over at least once
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #645 (isolation #60) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:54 am

(blink blink)

ok...and?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #649 (isolation #61) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:39 am

Guardian wrote:
Guardian wrote:5) Have fun & respect each other (and me) :).
I only have five rules for this game. Be sure you've read all of them :D.
it could be a possiblity that flameaxe felt his butt was a prize that only a select few my lay there lips on..thus is has paid me a great compliment.

if not, he is an ass hat.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #680 (isolation #62) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:57 am

[quote="Trojan Horse

Okay. I'll raise acfan/Kakeng's scummy level a notch. But just a notch.[/quote]

thanks for the update, what does it mean?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #732 (isolation #63) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:16 am

Trojan Horse wrote:
curiouskarmadog: If you want to attack me for "flying under the radar" (as someone said), why aren't you attacking this guy too? We're in the same boat.
Sorry, was there a case here? You would be fine lynching me under what basis or am I just on your list to deflect? SO acfan/replacement isnt under the radar?..wait a minute, didnt you say they went up a notch on your scum dar? (confused)..how long did it take you to put that list together?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #733 (isolation #64) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:17 am

theopor_COD wrote:
Trojan Horse wrote:I see nothing in anyone else worth lynching over. You'd have quite a time trying to convince me to lynch someone other than these four.
Not even ac/kakeng?

Trojan Horse wrote:I went back and looked at where acfan was questioned about this post. Perhaps I should've done that sooner; for a while, I was just looking at acfan's posts (using the "show acfan's posts" option) without looking at each one in context. Okay. Now I see why you're suspicious of acfan and his replacement. He made this comment, then was questioned about it, then vanished. Hmm...

Okay. I'll raise acfan/Kakeng's scummy level a notch. But just a notch.

ahh, theo already caught it
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #735 (isolation #65) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:38 am

you didnt really answer any of my other questions.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #764 (isolation #66) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:16 am

pwayne66 wrote:Oh...
MOD
: I vote Aye! on the deadline extension
you vote aye, to the extension, but you have not really added anything..

your thoughts?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #785 (isolation #67) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:30 pm

my current top two are:

I do find it interesting that everyone was jumping on the "I want a deadline extension just to look town" but no one is bringing anything to the table.

2.) Oman, just havent liked his comments most of the game. It almost feels like everytime he posts, my scumdar pings. really no case though, more of a hunch...

1.) Tar/Dr. BS, I thought BS's play up front was scummy, and gave him the benefit of the doubt...however that was the only thing he brought to the table, then disappeared. Only posts, Tar has had since he has been here was to jump on an easy target and to request a deadline extension, which he has not used at all...

Vote Tar
...why are you hanging so low? Why did you want an extension if you werent going to ask questions, push a case, do..well anything?

I think tyhess and kageng are newbies...not sure whether they are scum or not, but they are worth keeping and eye on..

pwayne, was one of those that wanted an extension, but hasnt put anything out there..(still waiting).
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #850 (isolation #68) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:15 am

Mod Edit
Official Vote Count #34

Trojan Horse[3](theopor_COD, tyhess, pwayne66)
White[2](Flameaxe, Oman)
Flameaxe[2](White, vollkan)
Tarhalindur[1](curiouskarmadog)
Mastermind of Sin[1](Tarhalindur)
tyhess[1](Mastermind of Sin)

Not Voting[2](Kakeng, Trojan Horse)

I still feel good about my vote…Tar’s last 3 posts were.

09/25
Tarhalindur wrote:
Mod: I strongly support the deadline extension
10/02
Tarhalindur wrote:Guys, this is currently the last priority on my priority list.

I should finish rereading in the next 1-2 days. More comments when that ends.
10/02
Tarhalindur wrote:At the risk of OMGUS, after a quick readthrough I'm getting very suspicious of MoS.

I've seen MoS's play in long D1's when he's town (ongoing game). Something feels off about him here. He's attacking players, but given the way in which he's attacking players, I get the feeling that he's not really trying to hunt scum. It feels to me as if MoS is casting suspicion and trying to avoid stepping on toes by discussing theory, both of which are scummy.

I want to take a closer look at MoS's posts to find something more concrete, but I'm going to
Vote: MoS
in the meantime anyways.
This just seems like he is trying to put out there as little as possible while being “under the radar”. I also didn’t like how he had to explain to us we “are last on his priority list”. Seemingly he wants to indicate the he has a boring role here...dont knwo if I believe it.

Coupled with Dr. BS, Tar is on top my scummy list, atm
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #901 (isolation #69) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:28 am

I am keeping my vote on Tar. The "I cant get into the game", the self vote, the asking for a deadline (but not adding anything of value) to look town, the vanilla claim (Tar you do know you are playing a cult game, right?)...yet he is still here "trying to get things started"...Tar, if you really dont want to be here, get a replacement.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #902 (isolation #70) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:29 am

Flameaxe wrote:Didn't post much, then popped in out of nowhere with a self-vote, got lynched. (Day 1, I might add)
what was his alignment in that game?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #903 (isolation #71) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:31 am

pwayne66 wrote:I hate to go all Dr. BS on everybody, but if Tar lives past today he is going to be a cult member... I'm just saying...
does this mean you want to lynch him (that was Dr. BS's logic)? Why bring this up then?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #904 (isolation #72) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:47 am

actually, meta gaming a little bit, Tar, just pulled something similiar in another game, was lynched, and came up town....In another game that just ended and he was active, made it to end game and he was mafia.
I think maybe he
is
town and he
is
bored. Ugh, I hate those that play that way when they get a boring town role....

unvote Tar

he might be a bad townie, but I think he is still a townie.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #917 (isolation #73) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:37 am

Tarhalindur wrote:Problem is, I forgot that this is Cult Mafia, and I'm probably not going to be a Townie after tonight (unless we have a recruit preventer or something like that).

Meh.

On the other hand... ckd, you really should have realized that I've pulled this exact same tactic before, and that I was town when I pulled it before, seeing as you're kinda in the game in question. The fact that you didn't catch on immediately suggests to me that you're scum in either Mafia 68 or here.

Ordinaril, this would only be grounds for a FoS, but with deadline approaching I'll upgrade it to a vote.

Unvote, Vote: ckd
umm, but in the game in question your ALIGNMENT was just discovered (deadline lynched), as soon as I found out that, I unvoted....

and actually the game you were active that I THOUGHT you were mafia was Open 28 (ended), but you were actually town (I read it wrong), so you could still be suspect here.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #919 (isolation #74) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:43 am

pwayne66 wrote:
does this mean you want to lynch him (that was Dr. BS's logic)? Why bring this up then?
I don't know... yes? If it is between lynching a lurker for lurking or lynching somebody that we are likely going to have to lynch anyway.

My turn: Are you in favor of letting Tar become a cult member? Why the objection then?
So are you saying that you want to lynch everyone who might claim vanilla town?..if that is so, two people have done it..why should we believe one over the other?...I am new to a cult game and cant get my mind around hanging a townie, just because of what scum might do...maybe by putting this spotlight on Tar, the cult leader will choose someone else...I can spend all day guessing what scum might do, but what good does it really do?

This just seems like you (and Dr. BS at the time) what a reason to hang townies...and it still bothers me.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #922 (isolation #75) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:51 am

pwayne66 wrote:The way I see it. There are 3 votes for Kakeng (theo,white,MoS) and 3 votes for Tar (oman,me,tar).

@CKD- You seemed perturbed that I brought up the fact that Tar was cult bait. Why are you less annoyed by these comments from Vollkan (one of which that occurred before my irksome post and both of which occurred prior to your post):
Mini 500 - Cult Mafia. Why the hell did you claim vanilla?!? *headdesks*
...we now have a sitting duck for the cult.
and
Vanilla is not the safest claim in a game with cult, because it basically flags that by the next day you are very likely going to be of cult alignment.
There is a difference between hypothesizing (which is what volkan is doing) and acting with pressure and votes (which is what you are doing). Right now (unless I am missing a post) you are the only one (well, I guess White too) stating that you want to lynch vanilla town Day 1. Why the hell are we not trying to lynch scum? We don’t have to worry about the cult leader if we can lynch him today, right? So tomorrow if the cult leader is still around are we going to lynch another townie? When does it stop? Don’t mafia still get night kills? Shouldn’t we be worried about that? I guess I am talking more theory right now, but I am not for lynching town, I would rather lynch some type of scum today.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #925 (isolation #76) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:01 am

Mod Edit
Official Vote Count #37

Tarhalindur[3](Oman, pwayne66, Tarhalindur)
Kakeng[3](theopor_COD, Mastermind of Sin, White)
Flameaxe[2](vollkan, Kakeng)
Trojan Horse[1](tyhess)
White[1](Flameaxe)

Not Voting[2](Trojan Horse, curiouskarmadog)

pwayne66 wrote:
My turn: Are you in favor of letting Tar become a cult member? Why the objection then?
No, I dont want to lose any townies, but to lynch someone based on what you think the Cult leader will do does not sit well. Again, when do we stop lynching townies and start lynching scum?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #926 (isolation #77) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:04 am

pwayne66 wrote:
My turn again: It just seems to me like you would like all the vanilla townies to fill out a cute little register for easy access...and THAT bothers ME.
Well i dont know where you are getting that? I never asked anyone to claim...what bothers you? The fact I dont want to lynch townies? IF we kill Tar today (assuming he is just a townie) the cult leader still gets a chance to convert someone? , right.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #928 (isolation #78) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:11 am

FoS Pwayne

the more I am think about it, the more I am not liking it. Killing someone because the cult might recruit them is silly. That is like killing someone who is healthy because they MIGHT get AIDS. If you really want to stop the cult, why not lynch Tar tomorrow, since you are so sure the cult will recruit him, or did you want to save that lynch for another claimed townie?

maybe I am not understanding the theory here, somebody please explain it too me. We need every townie we got to win this game. Isnt it better for us to try to lynch scum (CL and mafia) today, versus lynching a townie that the cult might try to convert?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #931 (isolation #79) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:33 am

pwayne66 wrote:
Right now (unless I am missing a post) you are the only one (well, I guess White too) stating that you want to lynch vanilla town Day 1.
So? This wagon not hip enough for you?
Is that why you are on it?
pwayne66 wrote:
Why the hell are we not trying to lynch scum?
Please tell me how Tar is not going to be scum tomorrow. And then ask me about lynching scum.
then why not leave tar for tomorrow?
pwayne66 wrote:
We don’t have to worry about the cult leader if we can lynch him today, right?
Where was your plan for doing this? I would so love to read it...
Are you serious? How does anyone find and lynch scum in this game? Here is a good start, if we get a chance to lynch, DON’T LYNCH WHO WE THINK IS A TOWNIE.
pwayne66 wrote:
So tomorrow if the cult leader is still around are we going to lynch another townie?
It depends. Is anybody going to claim vanilla townie tomorrow? If so, then yes. If we don't kill Tar tonight and kill him tomorrow instead, then no, we kill a cult member and you get to save your clean conscience.
We already have another claimed townie (smiley or not). If we think Tar has been recruited tomorrow, I don’t have a problem lynching him tomorrow…but right now, he is still town.
pwayne66 wrote:where is oman and his townie brownies b/c ckd is dying for some right now...
so now you are going to poke fun at the fact I don’t want to lynch a townie today like it is a bad idea?

Vote Pwayne

Tell me, why are you pushing for a tar(townie) lynch today versus tomorrow?
pwayne66 wrote:^^^
If I claimed I was the doctor, the mafia would NK me. They wouldn't play any tricks or what ever to confuse the town. There is nothing silly about assuming that a claimed Dr. will get NKed.

For the cult, a claimed townie is like a claimed Doc is for the mafia, so why would it be silly to assume they would recruit a claimed townie?

Wow…you are really are going to keep pushing this crap case against Tar When have I said I thought the cult wouldn’t target a claimed townie? If we kill Tar today, the cult leader still gets a choice that might be a vanilla town. So instead of losing just one townie to a convert, we could possibly lose two (we lynch a townie and the CL converted another).

Why is Tar a better lynch today than tomorrow? Using your logic, the CL (even after this conversation) wont be able to help himself and will convert Tar tonight, then you definitely know who to lynch tomorrow, right? No you would rather lynch a townie today so we don’t have a clue who the CL might target.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #932 (isolation #80) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:37 am

xpost
pwayne66 wrote:If you want to wait and kill Tar until tomorrow, that is fine. I do doubt that you will follow through with your promise though.

Why don't you recommend a better shot at lynching scum then I might believe that my theory is not the best option.

My plan, at the very least, removes a MASSIVE liability without killing a protown power role and I am at least 80% sure that we preemptively remove a scum from tomorrow's game. Top that, and I am on board with whatever you say.
again, you have put words in my mouth. When have I promised to lynch Tar tomorrow? All I said was I would be ok with it (why dont we leave tomorrow talk for tomorrow).

so you are saying there is no one in this game that could be scum?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #934 (isolation #81) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:46 am

White wrote:Bicker more please.
you think this is bicker?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #936 (isolation #82) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:51 am

I feel like you are pushing an anti-town idea (that is why you have my vote). I dont like the "odds" of losing a possibility of 3 town between today and tonight. We need every town we can possibly have to keep the majority.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #938 (isolation #83) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:00 am

whoa, what?

Ok, if you are trying to tell us that you think Tar is scum, then you SHOULD vote for him...information aside, we want to kill scum, i think at this point, there is a ton of "information" surrounding Tar.

my problem with pwayne is he wants to lynch tar because he has claimed vanilla town...

there is a difference..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #940 (isolation #84) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:11 am

I cant do all the work for you.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #944 (isolation #85) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:22 am

I didnt like it in the 1st 5 pages and I dont like it now that we have a deadline.

you dont 100% know that Tar will be scum tomorrow(at this point after so much conversation about it)

If we lynch him today, someone else might be scum tomorrow...why are you pushing to lower the number of townies?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #950 (isolation #86) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:46 am

Mod Edit
Official Vote Count #38

Tarhalindur[3](Oman, pwayne66, Tarhalindur)
Kakeng[2](theopor_COD, White)
Flameaxe[2](vollkan, Kakeng)
pwayne66[2](curiouskarmadog, Mastermind of Sin)
Trojan Horse[1](tyhess)
White[1](Flameaxe)

Not Voting[1](Trojan Horse)

pwayne66 wrote:
If we lynch him today, someone else might be scum tomorrow...why are you pushing to lower the number of townies?
I have answered this and you, again are deliberately misrepresenting my case. So be it.
you think Tar who is a claimed vanila townie (which I can only assume you believe) is a better than lynching anyone else who might actually be scum?

is that the defense that you stated?..if not you might have to explain it to me again.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #967 (isolation #87) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:32 pm

yeah, i dont have a clue what the crap he said.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #985 (isolation #88) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:54 am

Oman wrote:Sure, You and CKD are pro-tar lynch, who you accept is a vanilla. So you're pro-town lynch.
really I am?..you still have not read crap Oman..why are you voting again?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #987 (isolation #89) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:58 am

Oman wrote:Sure, You and CKD are pro-tar lynch, who you accept is a vanilla. So you're pro-town lynch.
thats really it...this entire game you have been constantly PINGing my scum dar....
unvote, vote Oman
you are jumping on a bandwagon because it looks pro-town (agreeing with MoS, indeed), but you really dont know the facts and you are trying to push false information.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #988 (isolation #90) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:00 am

Oman wrote:Uh hu. The wagon on you is huge, it has nothing to do with the fact that I've been away for 48 hrs, got back, misread something you said and now want you (scumbum) to die.
misread my ass, there is an entire page where Pwayne and I are arguing...now you are just throwing your vote around at whatever looks the most pro-town.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #991 (isolation #91) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:16 am

this vote might be hasty,

unvote Oman
revote Pwayne

FoS Oman

Oman, you have been on my radar since the beginning of this game. But there is no way to prove whether this was actually a lack of reading (poor play) or jumping on a pro-town looking BW (scum play) with little reason. I suggest Oman that you read this last 5 pages and justify your vote instead of saying "I agree".

Pwayne still has my vote because he still wants to push this idea that I think is anti-town....I am interested to hear what others stand on this issue.

and please actually read the game before commenting
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1014 (isolation #92) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:18 am

note to all my games:

going to be a light poster for the next 3-4 days (best man in a wedding) should be back and posting regularly by Sunday/Monday.

however, i will be checking in on this game since we are so close to deadline, just dont except long posts.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1040 (isolation #93) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:00 am

tyhess wrote:WHY DID YOU ASK HIM TO CLAIM??? I thought we weren't going to do that?
they were about ready to lynch him..would you rather they lynched the role blocker without knowing?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1096 (isolation #94) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:45 am

Ugh, I see both sides of this Kak issue. I dont like the idea of lynching a claimed power role, but if one was going to claim to save their ass Day 1 that would be a good claim. I would rather leave Kak and save him for a cop investigation (assuming we have a cop).

I am still fine with my Pwayne vote, think this is the way to go today...or even an Oman lynch. I feel like both have been far scummier (in different ways) than Kak...also, tyhess, has been hiding under the shadow of being a newbie for too long, his comments are beginning to stick out to me too.

I will unvote if needed to help the majority voting, but I dont forsee me placing a vote on Kak
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1107 (isolation #95) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:54 am

unvote
, no lynches tend to be bad and my vote will lead to one.

mod can we have an updated vote count?

I am going to be all types of busy the next 12 hours...proably going to check back in a hour or two.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1110 (isolation #96) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:32 pm

bah,

That was a bad night indeed...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1640 (isolation #97) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:41 am

dammit had pwayne nailed....I learned playing too townie sucks as well...

good game vollkan/pwyane.

you did your best MoS, thanks for the try..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1642 (isolation #98) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:42 pm

it was between vollkan and Theo...never once considered Tar.

Theo seemed to under the radar and I knew his play..if he was mafia or a power role he would have been more active....
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”