Mini 436 - Game over - Mafia wins with no casualties!

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:11 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Here and accounted for.

Just so everyone is aware, this is my first game, so don't be surprised if some of the things I say come off as newbie.
This. Is. [color=red][b]SPARTA![/b][/color]

[color=red][b][i]V/LA Dec 22 - Jan 4[/i][/b][/color]
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:02 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Little Italy 436
Well first off, I'd like to mention that the course of events in this game were... unfortunate, to understate it.

At this point in time, there is only one person on my list of suspicion, and that is Miztef.

I first examined the N2 vote count, which ended with Miztef, Volkan, and Paradoxombie voting for the deadman. Looking back at the vote count on N1, I notice

that Miztef voted for Hurrikaty here as well; even more peculiarly,
he hammered.
Let's go back a bit further and examine some more facts.
Miztef wrote:I agree with vollkan here. Ryan, why did you vote ABR when you acknowledged a day 2 lynch as better?

I think ryan is a candidate for lynching today. That slip up, with the addition of albert's points, are really building up a case. Although, most of this can

be accounted for by inexperience. Paradox has made mistakes too, but I can see alot of this is inexperience as well.

Right now, I'm actually leaning towards lynching a lurker. Snichkin had that early mess-up, darhken just plain hasen't posted much, and Stallingchamp hasn't

posted too much either. I'm going to go with
unvote vote: Snichkin
. His early screw up and then dissapearing act bugs me the most of all the

lurkers.
Early in the D1 discussions, Miztef votes PoisonIvy for lurking. Though that in itself seemed like a scummy move, the vote further seemed somewhat of a

bandwagon vote, as momentum for the lurker's lynch was already building.
Miztef, 404 wrote:
So, does that mean the plan is to lynch hurrikaty?

I'm willing to vote her today if she doesn't post within the next 24 hours. I am inclined to agree with death and ryan in this situation, that katy's lurking

has become quite the fiasco.
Leading up to the end of D1, Miztef mentions Hurritkaty a lot. He seems to be trying to rally support for Hurri's lynch, as evident from the bolded line

above. His motives seem to have been this: since noone was willing to hammer Hurrikaty (for fear of appearing scummy,) he tries to speed things up by

convincing someone, anyone to bring Hurri to L-1; he would then proceed to do the dirty deed himself (hammering, which he does). Why couldn't a fellow mafia

do it? Simple: they both already had votes on Hurrikaty (I'll go more into this later).

After he votes PI, he gives some good reasoning as to who is scum, but never takes his vote off PI. (Who I just realized, is me. Lol.)
Some 10 or so pages later, he SUDDENLY decides to "Unvote, vote Hurrikaty" for the hammer.
This was extremely intriguing to me. He was practically screaming Scum. I decided to dig further.

N1 had ended. I thought for sure someone must've spotted this, and pointed it out. But despite this blatant scummy act, Miztef manages to come off clean! In

the tumult succeeding the doctor's and cop's death, we seem to completely neglect what he's done as we busy ourselves with measuring the repercussions of the

Night's events.

Miztef wrote: It's possible the vig killed albert because he/she was against albert right from the start and believed he was lieing. As stated eariler in the thread, the

safest way to kill albert is at night, and maybe the vig felt this was his/her chance.

I personally don't see why an SK would want to kill Albert, maybe an SK would kill DogMom though, and the mafia killed albert.
Though no blame has been placed on him yet, he is not going to take any chances; he blames the Vig. In essence, he has just shifted suspicion and guilt from

him onto a Pro-Town, as shown by the quote above. Very deceivingly done, I must add. Others commend him for his 'logic', and his name is cleared without a

doubt.
Miztef wrote: Right now, I have no major suspects, only some minorly scummy ones."
He goes on to name 3 players he is "fairly suspicious" of, hence contradicting himself -
in same post.

Miztef wrote: I don't feel bad about lynching hurrikaty. She was being unresponsive and causing great confusion with her "I'm lurking, sorry, but I'll post soon" posts. I

feel it was a good choice made by the town. That's why it's hard to decide on suspects in this case, scum could have quite easily slipped into the bandwagon

or not been on the katy lynch at all.
This post is sheer brilliance. Not only does he acknowledges his hammer/lynch (for staying silent about his mistake would have appeared scummy once someone

pointed it out), he attempts to
justify
his action and remains adamant that his choice was unerring.

Heads turned to paradoxombie, who has taken the limelight on the stage of suspicion. Miztef, confident he is clear of all suspicion, boldly tries to stir up

another storm, in hopes for another mis-lynch. He jumps onto a paradoxombie bandwagon [albeit one without actual votes] in an endeavour to blend in with the

other FoS's on paradoxombie.
Miztef wrote: We should start bandwagoning/voting with intent to lynch people we find scummy and get some more information.I've already tried paradox, but he's seems to

busy to defend himself at this time anyway. I'll try up to try deathsauce or VD next. If not them, then Ryan or Trust are fine with me as well. "
Huh. Doesn't get any more scummy than this. Seems to me he's anxious to get this next kill, and even suggests that at a crucial time as this, we more or less

randomly vote/bandwagon.

Then, of course, there was the Hidden Unvote fiasco, which I will not even begin to go into.

Though I am confident enough in my indictment to throw a vote on him, I will refrain from doing so; at LyLo, not only would it be stupid, it would make

everyone [everyone who's town, anyway] hate me.
FoS: Miztef
for the time being.
Oh, and sorry if the quotes and text formattings are flawed, I've never done this before.

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:05 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Bah. I use notepad to draft my posts, and I copied it straight in. That post came out looking horrible.

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:45 am

Post by d3sisted »

ryan wrote:d3sisted: Impressive entry into the game, good job. Any ideas on who might be paired with Miztef?
Heh, ryan... Do you fear that I know too much? Are you eager to know whether I suspect you as well?
vollkan wrote:Ryan/Miztef definitely looks strong to me at the moment and, after my rereading, I am really split as to who looks more scummy.
Assuming Miztef is scum, I think ryan looks
innocent.
On D2, ryan voted for Miztef and remained insistent despite the deadline. I highly doubt ryan would risk putting Miztef at L-1 should they have been buddies. From this cultivates two possibilities: either Miztef or ryan might be scum, but I would denounce the idea that they both are.

"Maybe they want to distance?" you say. I doubt that theory, and here's why: At the time, there was no suspicion of their being scumbuddies (there was some earlier, though that had more or less been quelled) so from their perspective, they had not a need for distancing. Besides, they stand to gain more if both of them remain alive: a) They win faster b) They ease the risk of having the town/SK/vig pick the remaining partner (i.e. safety) c) Easier to get mis-lynches out d) Maintains pressure upon the town by keeping the game at LyLo. The only advantage they gain from bussing is allaying a tenuous (even inexistent) suspicion. No need to run if you are not being pursued.

I realize that my post was extremely agressive on Miztef, moreso than I had planned to be; it's just that I could not help but point out
all
of the dubiousness in his posts, as such a major blip had gone unnoticed on everyone's radar. That being said, I would prefer not to make further accusations (against Miztef or anyone) until the accused has responded.
Chase two rabbits and you will catch neither.

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:17 am

Post by d3sisted »

Miztef, 314 wrote:Right now I would like some explaination from the lurkers. Hurrikaty is 'ok' in my books, but I would like some real content soon from her. I'm happy with posion ivy until he/she posts.
Oh, and to add on to the Miztef case. Remember, he votes PI in 279, does nothing but point fingers here and there, before his 439 post, which in its entirety consists of:
Miztef wrote:Unvote Vote: Hurrikaty
_____
__ |_____|
|__|=====\= |____| /
\\|_____|//
HurriKaty

Sorry, but she hasen't posted, and I must agree that 2 Jester roles is quite unlikely.
All too sudden capriciousness, with impuissant justification/reasoning. For that, I just can't let him slide.

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (isolation #5) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:20 am

Post by d3sisted »

ryan wrote:d3sisted: I was interested in your point of view actually. There have been so many theories in this game that a fresh one would be very much welcomed. I don't disagree with your theory (although I'm not scum) but the point that has been made a few times is having a bunch of townies arguing while the mafia sits quiet, what is to say that you aren't scum and
hence why you know so much about me and Miztef's allignment?
Haha, damn, you turned my post completely around on me :D

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:32 pm

Post by d3sisted »

vollkan wrote:Can you direct me to where Ryan put Miz at L-1? I can't find it.
When the deadline was implemented, 3 votes meant a lynch and since Ryan had the second vote on Miztef, he put L-1. I also considered whether VD changed his vote to ryan to purposefully put DeathSauce at most votes, but that is out of the question since he was Town.
vollkan wrote:Assuming what you say is correct anyway,
You are basically saying that because Ryan voted Miz when they weren't under suspicion, therefore he couldn't have been distancing. It doesn't really work like that, however.
My point was, in the given situation, they had more to lose by distancing than gain. I see your point though. Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with the preemptive distancing strategy so I didn't give it thought.
vollkan wrote:Hence, I don't think that action debunks the Miz/Ryan; particularly given all the other evidence that I raised in #604.
Meh, just my opinion. Miztef takes highest priority right now anyway.

As for the Ascii art, I'm pretty sure he was just being cute. But then the art didn't show up the way he wanted it, hence his apology.

By the way, how do you calculate whether a situation is LyLo? Is it considered LyLo right now? I was under the impression it was, since mis-lynch, mafia NK, SK NK can reduce us to 4 overnight. If it is, Vollkan you might want to be careful with that vote. You haven't even heard what the guy's got to say for himself.

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:15 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Does anyone else find it weird that two died N1, but only one in N2? I’m guessing that the SK or vig was inactive. Hence, I am inclined to think =Confused=
SweenyTodd
is SK or vig.

A thought just occurred to me, could =Confused= be a Godfather, but since he was inactive, didn’t get a chance to send in the NK? Are there even GFs in Normal Mini?

Once I've heard had the honour of hearing from everyone, I'd like to give an in-depth commentary on ABR's playing style this game. I've already gotten some stuff written up that I want to share. Alas, I fear my hamartia may be my impatience...

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:20 pm

Post by d3sisted »

d3sisted wrote:As for the Ascii art, I'm pretty sure he was just being cute. But then the art didn't show up the way he wanted it, hence his apology.
Bah, scrap that, I re-read and you are absolutely right. You bring up an excellent point.

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:19 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Vollkan wrote:...it looks suspiciously like you are hunting for a power role.
Hm, ABR accused ryan once before of "fishing for a power role", what does that mean anyway? Doesn't everyone want to find out who is Doc, Vig, Cop etc?

Votecount:
ryan (1): Paradoxombie
Miztef (1): vollkan

Not voting (5): =Confused=, Miztef, ryan, d3sisted, Sir Tornado

With 7 alive it takes 4 votes to lynch.

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:25 pm

Post by d3sisted »

AH, of course.

Wow, I can't believe that wasn't obvious to me.

....Shit.

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:40 pm

Post by d3sisted »

A dazzling contribution, =Confused=. The evidence on Miztef is piling up quite expeditiously.

I made an accusation on you earlier with the possibility of your being SK, Vig, or GF, but you failed to defend. Care to address that, or do you plan on just letting it slide?

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:32 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Mod: a prod on SirTornado and Miztef, please. It's been a month since they last posted and I am anxious for their reply.

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by d3sisted »

EBWOP: It's been a month since Miztef last posted, and I am anxious for his reply. SirTornado last posted on Aug 6th, and he continues to post actively... just not in this thread.

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:21 pm

Post by d3sisted »

@SirTornado: I’m prying because I am still convinced that Sir Tornado or =Confused= is the SK. I’ve considered the possibility that the two factions targeted the same townie, but that just doesn’t fly with me.
In another thread, when someone got NKed by two separate groups, the Mod gave two methods of death: shot AND stabbed. I was wondering if someone (maybe even Mod) could clarify whether the inclusion of this information compulsory?

One more thing: In post 707, VD voted ryan. Next day, VD is dead. Coincidence?

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (isolation #15) » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:39 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Sir Tornado wrote:Why are you so convinced there is a SK and not a Vig?
I'll explain everything later, as I promised earlier.
Sir Tornado wrote:...or "shot and eaten",
I lolled at that. :lol:

That said, I'd like to turn your attention to another matter...

I have been holding this back waiting for Miztef to address my first onslaught, but now that he’s about to get replaced, I think it’s time I spilt this dirt.
The evidence: a recapitulated PBPA of Miztef and Vollkan.
You’ll notice that I give profuse attention to the discrepancy of whether Rampage should be lynched D1 or D2. Keep this in mind, and I’ll go over the entire story in detail in an upcoming post. For now, just know that I find those pushing his lynch to D2 to be exceedingly scummy.

Vollkan, 236, Supports Miztef's plan to lynch Rampage D2 rather than D1, then puts
FoS on para.

Miztef, 238, Counters paras' suggestion to lynch Rampage D1.
Votes para.

Vollkan, 241, Reiterates why it is advantageous to lynch Rampage D2.
BW votes para.

Vollkan 261, Sees a flaw in Miztef's plan
Miztef, 265, Defends his plan with a solution, albeit a sloppy one. Also mentions Rampage's death is absolutely necessary.
Vollkan, 268, Support for Miztek's plan, accepts Miztef's aforementioned solution. Goes on to criticize the plan to lynch Rampage D1.
Miztef, 278, Agrees with Vollkan
Miztef, 287, More "I don't want to kill Rampage until D2"
Vollkan, 292, Tries to convince Ryan to support Miztef’s plan, claims it is ‘safer’.
Miztef, 301, Urges cop to claim. It has not yet been discussed, nay, mentioned whether we might have a doctor; the cop’s claim would be beneficial only to mafia.
Vollkan, 306, “Perhaps we shouldn’t lynch Rampage at all. In any case, it would be unwise to lynch Rampage today.”
Vollkan, 357, Wonders whether DogMom’s number crunching has affected “Lynch Rampage today” crew.
Miztef, 479, defends Vollkan by calling him pro-town
Miztef and Vollkan also frequently ask whether HK warrants a lynch, looking for consensus and approval on Hurrikaty’s lynch.
Vollkan, 492, Sides with Miztef on a ludicrous suggestion. Lauds Miztef for delaying Hurrikaty’s hammer, defends him a bit too.
Miztef, 500, Finds VD suspicious for voting Vollkan. Defends Vollkan, stating he is “quite helpful” and thus has “little reason to vote him”.
Vollkan, 507, Defends Miztef from Paradoxombie’s lashing, even though Para astutely raised a convincing point against Miztef.
Miztef, 524, Between Vollkan and Trust, he finds Trust more scummy.
Miztef, 526, Considers
VD, DS, Para
to be scummiest; 2 of those 3 are town. Next on his list
ryan and Trust.

Vollkan, 527, Agrees
Para is most suspicious, followed by DS , ryan, and VD
(identical to Miztef’s suspicions). Reiterates that he is least suspicious of Miztef.
Vollkan, 538, Wants to know if ryan considers Miztef and VD town.
Miztef, 539, BWs DeathSauce along with ryan, mentioning Vollkan and VD feel the same way about DS.
Vollkan, 560, Miztef strikes him as (you guessed it,) pro-town.
Vollkan, 593,
Vote DeathSauce

Miztef, 597,
Confirm Vote DeathSauce

Miztef, 605, Admits to the Hidden Unvote ruse. “I don’t really think lynching DS at this time is the right option.”
Vollkan, 606, Claims to have seen the unvote. In fact, he's the only one. Notice, he does not reprimand Miztef for it.
Miztef, 609, Admits he wouldn’t have cared if DS was lynched. (Inconsistent with his 605)
Miztef, 612, OMGUS Votes VD in defending the Unvote ploy.
Vollkan, 613, Viciously lashes out at Miztef for playing unscrupulously. (Inconsistent with 606). He doesn’t vote Miztef though, just FoS. Like Miztef, he would’ve been happy with DS’ lynch. Although Vollkan caught the unvote, he did not say anything despite DS’ imminent death; he would rather see DS die. “but given Miztef's actions I don't feel confident voting for [DeathSauce]” (Oh well, he ends up voting DS anyway.)
Vollkan, 615, Again says Miztef looks more scummy than DS because of the unvote ploy. (Inconsistent with 606.)
Vollkan, 619, Returns to defending Miztef,
suspects Death
and VD for voting Miztef. Indirectly defends Miztef by saying those on Death’s wagon aren’t scum (ah, that must be why he later votes DS too!). Agrees with Miztef concerning the status of DS.
Vollkan, 628, Defends Miztef AND the unvote ruse. Following some more insubstantial reasoning,
he accuses DS
Vollkan, 633, Is ardently defending Miztef now. (BTW, your "I put a hat on and it rained" argument makes me want to puke; I should vote you lynched just for even
attempting
to apply such inane reasoning.) Goes on to defend the unvote ploy before trying to fortify Miztef’s self-defence. Accuses DS of exaggerating Miztef’s scumminess.
Vollkan, 635/639, Defends Miztef against Ryan, DS, and VD’s assault
Volkan, 645,
Finally starts to scrutinize Miztef’s unvote plan.

Miztef, 646,
Agrees that his plan is flawed.

Miztef, 658, Votes DS. Pretty much OMGUS. No substantiation whatsoever.
Vollkan, 674, Calls the evidence against Miztef weak. Accuses DS for unjustified suspicion against Miztef, saying there is no reason to think Miztef scummy. Votes DS along with Miztef.
Vollkan, 696, “case against Miz is feeble at best”
Vollkan, 698, Gives reasons why he didn’t vote Miztef.
Vollkan, 723, Explains again why Rampage should be lynched D2 rather than D1. Claims it would be LyLo otherwise, when it’s not; you’re the one who crunched the numbers, Vollkan.
Vollkan, 782, Despite the comprehensive evidence I gave on Miztef, he still tries to defend him, saying one of my arguments is weak. Revives the theory of a
Ryan/Miztef mafia, most likely to throw everyone off the Miztef/Vollkan trail.
(Notice that henceforth, Vollkan opens up on all the suspicion he has of Miztef, and frantically tries to distance.)
Vollkan, 794, Changes course and now fervently defends the Miztef/ryan conjecture.

All this brings me to the crux of my post:
Vollkan wrote: d3sisted's new evidence have pretty much solidified my suspicion of Miz.
For the last thirty-two pages, you two have been unfailingly supporting and defending each other. And don’t deny it either; I’ve just provided two full pages of irrefutable proof.

By the way, Vollkan: don’t try to use your pre-emptive distancing to consolidate your “suspicion” of Miztef. I deliberately postponed this post to see if you would hastily agree with me and hurriedly slap one on Miztef, which you do (794).

ryan, I hope I've adequately addressed your question in 784.

Vote Miztef
FoS Vollkan

I’ve dawdled long enough. Let’s see some goddamned progress here.

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:27 am

Post by d3sisted »

Bah, I feel like a total idiot.

I suspected a ryan/Miztef/Vollkan team, but as soon as I saw ST and ryan vote Miztef after me, I knew it was ryan/ST/Vollkan. Mainly because of:
Sir Tornado wrote:WTF? Why the hammer??? Shouldn't he have got a chance to claim first?

Dammit!
Haha get real, ST, you expect us to believe that was authentic?

Then there was post 785, where I defended ryan in hopes that he would act more boldly (subsequently slipping up) under the impression that he was not under suspicion.

Props to Lawrencelot for a game well modded. If we had a cop and doc, I'm pretty sure the game would've been very nicely balanced. Just curious though, did paradoxombie attempt to NK ryan N2, which attributes to the single death?
Vollkan wrote:I think you did really well as mod. I particularly liked the fact that you had vote counts at the top of every page; it makes navigating the thread a lot easier. Also, I agree with you that having the VCs in players' posts differentiated with the blue text is a good way of doing it.

Likewise, you handled the rampant need for replacements very well also.
QFT. Excellent job handling the inactives, and the vote counts helped immensely.

Props go out as well to Albert B. Rampage, who (in my opinion at least) played brilliantly with his little gambit. Whether he used it offensively or defensively I do not know; nonetheless, it greatly alarmed the Mafia and forced them to rapidly unvote Rampage. The reasoning is, if Rampage gets lynched, a scum risks three possibilities of getting NKed. Hence, anyone mafia would push for Rampage to get lynched D2 instead of D1 (just so that mafia could NK before he gets lynched... and sure enough, Albert got lynched N2). This is what I alluded to in the previous post.

The result of Albert's gambit:
Miztef unvotes Rampage in 154
TopHat unvotes Rampage in 156
vollkan unvotes Rampage in 194.
Ryan unvotes Rampage in 426 to BW Hurrikaty.
(hence my suspicion of a Miztef/Vollkan/ryan trio.)

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:24 am

Post by d3sisted »

Sir Tornado wrote:
D3sisted wrote: Not exactly... but I have gotten out of bigger holes before... and everyone else would have been suspicious of you to some extent... or so I hoped.

My main concern was that there was a SK instead of a Vig and he was unNKable. That would have been a nightmare.
Nah, just the way you said it with the "WTF!!" and the "dammit!"

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:27 am

Post by d3sisted »

EBWOP: woops, messed up there with the quote syntax.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”