Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:49 pm

Post by Haut Boy »

Hey hey~<3

I'm in the middle of reading the thread right now, so once I'm done with that I'll say something.
I'm less likely to check MS on weekends than on weekdays. If I've disappeared on a weekend, it's normal.

Limited access for a week or so. I can read and post, but don't expect a lot.
Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:23 pm

Post by Haut Boy »

Here's what I have:

Unvote: Blue Zebra, Vote: Sir Tornado
. Dude, noncommittal is you! Going mostly off your post against kravhen, it seems you find him plenty suspiscious, so why the carp don't you vote for him?

HoS: Adel
. I dunno if it's just your style or something, but after you finally let go of going after kravhen, you put a "pressure vote" on BZ. Okay, that's legit, but you continue to emphasize that you want him to come up with something, and as someone else said, it seems that you are trying to force the spotlight onto him instead of letting things unfold naturally.

FoS: ABR
. Dude, content. You're playing like you're in a room full of vending machines, pressing buttons and hopefully getting what you want, but you're not contributing a whole lot yourself. (Oh, and BTW, thanks for the welcome. ^_^)
I'm less likely to check MS on weekends than on weekdays. If I've disappeared on a weekend, it's normal.

Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:21 pm

Post by Haut Boy »

Erotomachia wrote:Well...the problem is that we're waiting on a replacement, for deadscilent to return, and for Haut Boy to give us his thoughts.
o_0 Didn't I just do that?

I don't have much else to say at the moment other than that BZ also gives me uncomfortable vibes and that I'd like everyone I mentioned to respond to my comments.

Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:13 am

Post by Haut Boy »

Adel wrote:
that
is your scumtell against me? I don't think there is such a thing as "letting it unfold naturally".
Aw, shit. I must have been out or something. Sorry for the crap. I had originally meant letting the cycle of suspiscion ebb and flow as it will, but then I remembered that you have to actually take action to cause the cycle to move.
Patrick wrote:Welcome to the game Haut Boy. What do you think of kravhen?
Well,
kravhen wrote:Yes Village Idiot is an actual role, it's actually more deadly and dangerous than the mafia itself! It does not kill during the night, but it SUCKS YOUR BRAINS OUT DURING THE DAY AND MAKES YOU WEAR SOCKS WITH SANDALS! I also think Pickem is a VI lolz so lets vote him!

Just kidding. Chill Adel. Don't start quoting the hell out of this reply.
(Emphasis mine.) I get a feeling of defensiveness here, to say the least.
kravhen wrote:There's a reason for the confidence. It's how I play. My theory is voting with extreme confidence that the votee is scum can not only throw the scum off balance and overwhelm him and make it more probable to react unusually and being paranoid, but it somehow helps me see things clearer when I have a clear target as opposed to when my target is a group of people towards whom I have mixed feelings of uncertainty.
I personally hate this playstyle, and though it doesn't really make me suspiscious, I will note it anyway.
kravhen wrote:
Adel wrote:I don't think me voting for kravhen is accomplishing much right now, but I am awfully sure he will dropping enough scumtells over the next ten pages that he will end up the lynch for today. I think CTD needs to start posting in a hurry though. unvote:kravhen vote:CrashTestDummy
Hah, I hope not, that'd be bad for town
Sure...
kravhen wrote:If there's one quality I can give Adel is that she is good with words. Probably much better than me, but this constant pressure and aggressivity makes me want to slam my vote on her again. Thankfully my reasonable side stops me from doing so. My next vote will be on scum, I guarantee it.

Also, Adel you can claim all you want about helping town or others not helping with that overconfident attitude of yours, all you really do is subtlely tell me that you, wagonmaster that you are, plan to get me lynched today yet don't want to appear too responsible for it by saying I will "dig my own hole" in the next pages or whatever. To be honest I put my gut feeling away for a while but I still don't feel a protown vibe for you. You don't feel like an ally. I don't think this town will fall for your wagon, but if they do, then your horrible bandwagon mislynch ( in 3 other games? ) streak will grow.
So you discount your own overconfidence and aggressiveness as playstyle, and you attack Adel for hers. (His? My apologies, in advance.) Blatant hypocrisy, eh?

The recent debate with pickem over deadscilent's abscence is difficult for me to discern. On one hand, kravhen's actions there seem scummy. But on the other hand, his attitude seems to be under his playstyle again. I have to study this again.

Other than that, though, kravhen is extremely scummy to me for his early defensiveness and for the blatant hypocrisy. I'm going to withhold a vote until after I sort out the bickering, though.

Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:16 pm

Post by Haut Boy »

kravhen wrote:@HB: I have a question. Did you just do "show all posts by kravhen" after patrick asked you what you thought of me, or are you actually familiar with the context of the thread when I said the things you quoted?
I understand the bit about me saying my overconfidence is part of playstyle, and then saying I dislike Adel's aggressivity. Not sure it was hipocrisy, maybe. I'm not sure if Adel has a playstyle close to mine or if she dislikes that style and only reacted aggressive back as a kind of defense. Hey wait, that's right. She put on an early defense too, and possibly before I did. Missed that, HB? You probably just did "show all posts by kravhen".
I read the post both in and out of context of the rest of the game. The hyposcrisy is still there. And careful there: I do find Adel to be suspiscious. I'll need to go over her(?) stuff again, though. Once I do, I'll get my musings up.

Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:36 am

Post by Haut Boy »

I'm still here; I just had a really busy weekend @_@;

Unfortunately, I'm still picking apart the pickem-kravhen fight, so give me some time.

Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:39 pm

Post by Haut Boy »

deadscilent wrote:I was aiming on voting for who he replaced, so I carried the vote over.
Could you explain that? It isn't making sense to me.

Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:56 am

Post by Haut Boy »

I will have limited access for about a week. I should still be able to read and post, but don't expect a whole lot.

I still cannot decide on the kravhen issue, so I will regard him as neither anti- nor pro-town for now.

deadscilent: I would also like elaboration from you on why you're still voting for CrashText/me. Unless I missed you explaining this already, in which case I apologize.

Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:14 am

Post by Haut Boy »

Vote: deadscilent

deadscilent, please answer my question.

Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:26 am

Post by Haut Boy »

Deadscilent. You are evading my question. Please answer it.

Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:45 am

Post by Haut Boy »

Patrick wrote:Haut Boy voted in post 345, no reason given for hopping onto the biggest bandwagon in the game. Mind explaining this one?
I voted for deadscilent in hopes of pressuring her to answer my question. I've gotten somewhat of an answer now, so I don't need my vote there anymore.
Unvote: deadscilent

Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:23 am

Post by Haut Boy »

Since when does a pressure vote=scummy?

Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:51 am

Post by Haut Boy »

kravhen wrote:Pressure votes CAN be a good thing, DS.
I got a weird vibe from HautBoy's unvote post. He kept an aggressive stance and vote on DS for getting and answer, and then he unvoted because he had "somewhat" of an answer. Maybe im overreacting, but sometimes I feel little details are sometimes those that mean alot. I then looked back at Deadscilent's answer and not only is it confusing, I also don't see how a kind of answer like that from her could easily satisfy your previously strong thirst for "an answer". It gives me the feeling you're scum that followed an unvoting bandwagon.

Vote: Haut Boy
Of course I would like a better answer from her
(and I still want it BTW)
, but I was trying to get her to respond, mostly. I could have unvoted the post after I voted her, seeing as it took me about three posts before she finally gave some kind of answer (in other words, the pressure clearly didn't serve its purpose).

Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:39 am

Post by Haut Boy »

Adel wrote:Here is a possible explanation: ds and HB are scum together, HB was on the ds wagon as part of a scum distancing maneuver. Once given a slight opening to unvote he did. I've only played in one completed game where a VI was part of a scum group (Monks and Masons, where dylan was scum, a link is on my wiki page) and I'm interested in figuring out what the standard scum reaction is to having a VI in their scum group. Any difference seems pretty subtle to me right now.
You're barking up the wrong tree with me, though that could be a plausible theory for others who went after DS (don't know who did off the top of my head, though).
NabakovNabakov wrote:@HB, if you took your vote off because you didn't get a (satisfactory) answer, why did you say you took your vote off because you got an answer?

Whether it was distancing, or it looked like the DS wagon was falling apart, it feels like HB's unvote was far more... tactical than anything else.
I flirted with the idea of asking for a more satisfactory answer, but when I posted yesterday, it didn't seem like DS was going to give me anything better. Speaking of DS:
deadscilent wrote:Agreed.

FOS Adel.
I don't see how Adel is scummy from what SirTornado brought up. Seems like you're the opportunistic one, really.

Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:40 am

Post by Haut Boy »

Except that, of course, that wasn't an actual vote on Adel.

Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:16 pm

Post by Haut Boy »

kravhen wrote:I thought Adel's theory was based on your behavior mostly. IF anything, her theory could be plausible for ANYONE that have gone after DS, including you.

Basically you say "sure your theory is right, but only if im not included!"
What makes you so special? I think of all the people who voted for DS you're the only one that sent scum vibes. That's how special I see you.
Okay, then let me clarify my statement. It is a plausible theory, though from my view, it is wrong when applied to me, obviously. From Adel's view, though, it is plausible for anyone.

Look at who else has voted DS (Adel, Erotomachia, pickem, me, AND you, kravhen) and go through how they got there before you specifically denounce me as scummy. I will be doing this too, next time I get a chance to post here.

Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:58 am

Post by Haut Boy »

kravhen wrote:Sure... ( Hey thats what you did to me in my analysis too, don't YOU start being
a hypocrite
, now eh? )
Oops, missed this on my last post. Point taken. (And correction mine, in italics. It's amazing how many times on this site I've seen that word misspelled.)
NabakovNabakov wrote: will Unvote, Vote: DeadScilent because she has said even less (just a random vote). I will go one step further by actually giving her a topic and asking her to comment on who she feels is most scummy at this point.
As far as I can tell, this was a random vote, just like Erotomachia's.
pickemgenius wrote:Vote: DS

FOS: Camisade
In context, this seems to be random as well, though more for the purpose of rebuilding the game's momentum.

Your vote seems legit, kravhen.

Adel voted DS for being cutesy. I don't see anything wrong with Adel's vote (page 14, and a deeper explanation on 15).

My vote, as I explained before was a pressure vote. Depending on how one looks at it, I either strategically unvoted or prematurely unvoted.
kravhen wrote:Secondly, I'm already aware of how the votes got on DS. I think if you ask me to take a look at the votes, then logically it would mean you already have done so and have found some juicy information to share with the rest of us, or else I wouldn't see why you want me to look there without reason.
I actually had to go back and look myself, if you didn't catch the last line of my last post. I do admit that my unvote looks the scummiest, but it seems like people are grasping for straws at this point, with the deadline looming over us.

Haha, speaking of which, it looks like I'll be dead at deadline anyway~♥

Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #17) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by Haut Boy »

This is your generic Townie claim.

This is the realization that I'm most likely to die, whether by lynch or by deadline.

That said, another thing I missed:
kravhen wrote:First, yes I know I voted you, no need to put emphasis on my name, i have never, unlike you, excluded myself from anything. I'm comfortable with what I've done.
I meant you voted DS, not me. Minor oversight on your part that I forgot to correct.

Adel is probably town. My reading on kravhen is going to the anti-town side not because of OMGUS, but because he's really grasping for straws. It could be because of deadline, or it could be because he's searching for any reason to get someone lynched. For deadscilent, I'm stuck between VI and anti-town. Currently, nobody else is doing anything significant on my radar.

Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (isolation #18) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:31 pm

Post by Haut Boy »

I also believe that I didn't vote for myself. o_0

Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (isolation #19) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:31 pm

Post by Haut Boy »

And pickem voted for me last page.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”