Mini 1671 - Eclipse Mafia - Total Eclipse (Game Over)

Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Sun May 10, 2015 4:44 am

Post by Scarab »

Vote: ABR
We all know he deserves it.

Fos: Ankamius

You are going to get fingered and you are going to
like it
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Sun May 10, 2015 5:52 am

Post by Scarab »

In post 17, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:

This is scummy. Covering his eyes with glasses so we don't read the scum in them.
PeaceBringer is my strongest town read atm, but you can redeem yourself by voting Skold with me.

Unvote: ABR

Vote: Skold

because
OMGUS
he had to have noticed BBT's existence in the game before he saw my post and I think the fact that his message to BBT was posted after his vote for me was to draw attention away from the vote
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Sun May 10, 2015 6:03 am

Post by Scarab »

BBT, vote Skold with me
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Sun May 10, 2015 6:04 am

Post by Scarab »

I thought we had something special
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #4) » Sun May 10, 2015 6:07 am

Post by Scarab »

I don't need your forgiveness
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #5) » Sun May 10, 2015 12:57 pm

Post by Scarab »

Unvote: Skold

Vote: Prolapsed Brain

Skold wagon is kinda bad. Juls wagon is very bad. This post is just asking for rope
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #6) » Sun May 10, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by Scarab »

because I don't think it's good and it's no longer useful enough to be neutral
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #7) » Sun May 10, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by Scarab »

In post 88, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Not really a fan of jumping off wagons when they're just getting started.
I don't find him scummy atm. Do you think the wagon on Skold is useful for anything other than that? Because I don't

The Juls wagon is a weird counterwagony thing based on less than nothing. There's gotta be at least one prolapsed brain on that wagon
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #8) » Mon May 11, 2015 9:30 am

Post by Scarab »

In post 158, PeaceBringer wrote:oh and zoronos check out me or the Sharpest-knife-on-tree alt and then get back to me about my purposeful antagonism...
I was just thinking reading your posts that you sound a lot like SNOT and I can't remember if I knew that from an earlier game. Do you still automatically hammer anyone who reaches L-1? :?

In post 100, Zoronos wrote:So you think he had a serious Town read on a player that has posted nothing but a smiley? You were confused by wording, but didn't ask him to clarify.

The seemingly-purposeful nonsense wording, including the crossed out OMGUS, pretty clearly said 'Here is a joke' to me.
It was a serious post but exaggerated because page 1

In post 105, Garmr wrote:
In post 103, Jeanne11 wrote:Blame ABR for voting me. I don't want to be voted unless absolutely neccessary. He is notorious for getting people to wagon whoever he votes for, and it could have ended in a mislynch, so I wasn't about to take any chances.

In my recent games with him no one listened to him and he got mislynched. Also it's not hard to avoid a mislynch if you put effort into the game.
What did you hope to gain out of posting this? More specifically, you contradicted her statement that ABR is good at getting people lynched and I want to know about that - did you think Jeanne was lying about believing that or was there some other reason you felt the need to bring that specific thing up?

Garmr-scum seems really plausible atm. The "someone with her experience acting like this" comment here is super super weasel-y and based on the ensuing conversation between him and Juls, his comment about his other game played with her makes the entire post look more like a smear campaign than a serious attempt at calling her out on anything scummy. If someone would like to loan me their vote, I'd love to put one on Garmr.

I think I had other things I wanted to say, but I'm afk for the next few hours. Don't miss me too much
xoxo Scarab
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #9) » Mon May 11, 2015 3:55 pm

Post by Scarab »

In post 188, Garmr wrote:This post reads scummy as hell shows it didn't read my post as I wasn't attacking the ic thing but the abr thing. Also it wasn't a smear campaign it was either me being unclear or juls lack of ability to read what I meant and her throwing ate I'm going to add you on the scum list.
Did you just call me an "it"?
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #10) » Mon May 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Post by Scarab »

Then do me a favor and never refer to me. The sad thing is that that's probably the least embarrassing thing you said in that post.
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #11) » Mon May 11, 2015 6:24 pm

Post by Scarab »

Do not call me an "it". I shouldn't need to have a gender specified for you to respect the fact that I have that preference.
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #12) » Mon May 11, 2015 8:33 pm

Post by Scarab »

You got that response because you think it's okay to dehumanize someone who doesn't want to genderlcaim. And the fact that you're still asking me to genderclaim after my previous post is just fucking ridiculous. My gender is none of your business and you should stop acting like it is. Use he, use she, use zie, use they. I don't fucking care. Do not use "it".
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #13) » Thu May 14, 2015 10:53 am

Post by Scarab »

Well

I'm happy that Garmr's dead but now I have no one to be frustrated at and it feels hollow but ABR's post to open the day was beautiful.
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #14) » Fri May 15, 2015 10:45 am

Post by Scarab »

In post 242, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Alright, reading the full game.

- I dislike how Clusk specifically picked up on Skold in this post. I don't think many people had provided 'genuine thoughts' at that point. I believe he picked Skold because Skold already had a wagon forming and he wanted a reason to jump on.

- Sure enough, Clusk does jump on the wagon. Will be keeping my eye on how Clusk plays from this point on.

- Sotty, if Scarab's vote made no motivational sense as scum; why did you try to address it as a scummy post?
You were around and posting for the first 2 of these 3 things and you even sort of hinted at your objection to the first one in the very next post. Why did you not follow up on it then? You say here that you're going to be keeping an eye on how Clusk plays from this point on - were you not doing so already?

In post 240, Zoronos wrote:I'm not disposed to lynching Sotty or Scarab right now. (Scarab's emotional / frustrated reaction to Garmr felt very genuine, and I don't see a good scum strategy there).
I don't like this. Using my emotional response to Garmr to call me town on the basis that he "doesn't see a good scum strategy there" reeks of ascribing motivation based on knowing my alignment. Or...let me put that another way: I think looking at emotion and thinking "that looks genuine" makes sense, but looking at emotion that looks genuine and thinking "hmmm...what scum strategy might there be for this?" seems a bit ridiculous and I don't think that's something someone would be likely to post if they actually thought about why I did what I did.

Vote: Zoronos
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #15) » Fri May 15, 2015 10:45 am

Post by Scarab »

In post 258, Ankamius wrote:
/out

Sorry guy I joined that game to play with, but I've been kind of turned off of this game. I'd rather someone else take over than just sit here and do nothing for the rest of the game.
Ank :(
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #16) » Fri May 15, 2015 10:58 am

Post by Scarab »

Post 52 does seem like a strange thing to ask someone before voting them, but I've generally liked what clusk has posted so far so I'm not giving it too much weight.

Asking whether or not I disagree with what you said has nothing to do with what I said though and if you're asking me what the problem is with you addressing it now, you probably didn't read my post very closely.
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #17) » Fri May 15, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by Scarab »

In post 269, Sotty7 wrote:Scarab's reasoning for his Zoro vote is just baffling. Voting because he actually thought about his actions? Isn't that the whole point of this game? If that's not what your driving at you're going to have to explain that one again. I must have read that explanation paragraph two or three times and I still don't get it.
I'll try to explain this with an example...

I like to abbreviate Sharpest Knife on Tree as SNOT (I assure you it's affectionate and not mean >.>). Let's say he were to get mad at me about it and start screaming at me not to call him that. If you were to come across that, what would your thought process look like?

It would probably look something like "Wow, SNOT is angry. Scarab is kind of a dick." I doubt there would come a point in your thought process at which you'd think, "Wow, SNOT is angry. Scarab is kind of a dick. SNOT must be town because there's no scum reason to not want to be called SNOT."

I'm hypothesizing that Zoro is scum who thought "Scarab got angry and it was so obviously real I can't possibly call it fake" and then overjustified a town read with something that would be a really unusual part of a natural thought process on it.

Does tha tmake more sense?
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #18) » Sat May 16, 2015 7:03 am

Post by Scarab »

In post 273, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:What have you liked about what Clusk has posted Scarab?
I saw your question when you posted it the first time and I'm choosing not to answer it. We both know you're asking me things about clusk to skate around the point that you noticed his strange question earlier and didn't push it and I'm not interested in letting you do that.
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #19) » Sat May 16, 2015 7:22 am

Post by Scarab »

In post 284, Zoronos wrote:
In post 271, Scarab wrote:"Wow, SNOT is angry. Scarab is kind of a dick. SNOT must be town because there's no scum reason to not want to be called SNOT."

That's not why I think you're town. That's pretty strawman, frankly. I didn't say 'scum reasons', I said 'scum strategy'. There's a difference.

You're likely town because killing the dude (thus confirming his alignment) who called you scum and that you got into a fight with (without responding to his allegation), and then posting that you were glad he's dead is not good scum strategy. It's completely unnecessary attention, especially reveling in the death of a PR (normally I see scum just ignore it or ham up 'oh that's terrible that they're dead'). I would hope I'm not the only person that reread the dead town to see what their perspectives were, and that fight is hard to miss in his ISO.
Unnecessarily painting a bullseye on yourself strikes me as unlikely.
Okay, that makes a ton more sense. When you started talking about how my "genuine" emotion had no "scum strategy" I was like wtf of course it didn't why would you be looking for that?? (My use of "scum reason" there was a misquote, but I did know you said "scum strategy", my bad.) Garmr almost certainly died from being bodyguard though because I highly doubt scum would kill the guy who hammered the day 1 lynch stupidly early into the day....unless he gave off some sort of PR tell, I guess? I dunno, even then I'm not sure they would and I'm not going to try to look for that because I suck at it.

Unvote: Zoronos
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #20) » Sat May 16, 2015 7:27 am

Post by Scarab »

In post 286, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: - No, you should answer my question. I suspect you haven't got a good answer and should Clusk flip scum, you should know that you're next to eat rope.
After this terrible response, I'm not even going to consider answering your question. I answered the first one for sake of full honesty, but your new question is just trying to direct the conversation on clusk into irrelevant territory. No. And

Vote: BBT
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #21) » Sat May 16, 2015 7:30 am

Post by Scarab »

inb4 (or after, by the time I type this out maybe) "WHY WAS THAT A TERRIBLE RESPONSE?"

because you read it clearly enough the first time around to ask him about it and I assume you had a reason for asking him about and weren't just trying to look important and you didn't say anything that would indicate why you didn't push him at all about that or about his wagon hop or, if you didn't notice his wagon hop the first time around, why you wouldn't have been paying enough attention to him to do so after having questioned him about his strange accusation
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #22) » Sat May 16, 2015 7:32 am

Post by Scarab »

and you had the nerve to try to imply that my accusation was that you were pressing it now, rather than that you didn't press it when you noticed it

...this is @BBT, not ABR
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #23) » Sat May 16, 2015 8:05 am

Post by Scarab »

In post 292, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Scarab, do you think Juls is manipulating BBT or BBT is pulling Juls strings?
I...what? Are you sure you chose the correct 2 names here? They haven't interacted at all
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #24) » Sat May 16, 2015 8:16 am

Post by Scarab »

I feel really dumb right now and I don't even know why
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #25) » Sat May 16, 2015 8:19 am

Post by Scarab »

In post 306, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 305, Scarab wrote:
In post 292, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Scarab, do you think Juls is manipulating BBT or BBT is pulling Juls strings?
I...what? Are you sure you chose the correct 2 names here? They haven't interacted at all

Did I stutter?
I don't think either thing is happening? :?
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #26) » Sat May 16, 2015 8:24 am

Post by Scarab »

I'm actually kinda at a loss in general right now...

tbh my day 1 scum team of choice was brain-garmr-BBT where BBT was kind of a filler gut read and then brain flipped town and garmr died night 1 and was town and i'm basically mirroring BBT this game and i don't fucking know why and i don't have any goddamn idea who's scum anymore :(
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #27) » Sat May 16, 2015 8:30 am

Post by Scarab »

i don't know if i thought ank was town day 1 because he was actually town or because i wanted him to be but i remember him making his "less than nothing" response and thinking good response ank you can be town and i'm rambling maeaeaeaeaeae i'm a goat
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #28) » Mon May 18, 2015 3:36 pm

Post by Scarab »

prod received, sorry

I'll post something in about an hour. I dreamt that Axxle is scum. I think I knew but he had this evil grin and then I died. You should have listened to me about him
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #29) » Mon May 18, 2015 4:28 pm

Post by Scarab »

So the strange thing about Skold for me is that his early play reminds me a lot of how I sometimes play early on - a stubborn almost vote-bait-y style until the game opens up and then a sudden shift to trying to play off of how people interacted with it. His anti-anti-RVS comment though makes me think that wasn't an intentional style choice. However I do kind of sort of think he's town because of that - if you include only the game-relevant parts, I honestly feel like I could have written that exact post with that exact timing. Not because I share those opinions, but the way it's structured and the way reads are given is indicative of pretty much exactly the type of thought process I end up with when I play like that early on. Like...it's not a hard style to mimic as scum but the fact that Skold wasn't doing it intentionally I think it's a bit of a town tell. I dunno. I've been thinking about that since like halfway into day 1 and felt silly bringing it up but it seems relevant now.

@BBT
If you're still willing to engage with me after our fiasco of a communication attempt, can we talk about this:
In post 320, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Will lynch Clusk/Skold/Sotty toDay.
1. Given this, why am I not on your shortlist?
2. Can you walk me through your read on Sotty? My gut is giving me all sorts of weird feelings on her but aside from being able to pick out sporadic posts, I have no fracking clue why. Halp?
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #30) » Tue May 19, 2015 3:03 pm

Post by Scarab »

Dead game is dead.

None of us did anything important day 1 and there's like no way Garmr and scum both managed to target the same person unless it was Jeanne so that line of thought is a dead end. When we have a scum flip or two it might be interesting to consider why scum found it more important to use night 1 to kill an innocent child who did absolutely nothing than to kill anyone else but I will cry a little if we try to figure that out now.

I would join a Juls wagon if it started up again because I don't know it seems like fun.
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (isolation #31) » Tue May 19, 2015 4:38 pm

Post by Scarab »

Unvote: BBT

Vote: Juls

idk who you are but damn you've got style
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #32) » Tue May 19, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by Scarab »

Oh you're clusk. I could've read 4 posts up and found that out. Nice to meet you
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #33) » Tue May 19, 2015 5:29 pm

Post by Scarab »

In post 367, snscompt1 wrote:Couldn't handle the pressure. Everyone pile on!
I like you a bit less now...

Unvote: Juls

Lying about replacing out for RL reasons is something I refuse to assume Juls is doing and if we're going to wagon Juls for something it won't be that.
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #34) » Tue May 19, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by Scarab »

I didn't think that was a joke. My bad, I guess.

I was voting Juls because I wanted a counterwagon and tbh I didn't notice that she said she might replace out :s
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #35) » Wed May 20, 2015 9:59 am

Post by Scarab »

In post 375, RedCoyote wrote:I have one strong scumread that I think has since outweighed both of these though.
Scarab
has been skating by this game and ignoring big, important events in this game. He's almost like the worst of both PeaceBringer and Juls combined. Check out and where he is selling a Skold wagon early on. Before Skold has a chance to even gain any steam, he undercuts it in and votes townie PB (Brain) with a comment that the Skold and Juls wagons are bad. He doesn't explain why they are bad, even when asked to do so. This hurts the town's chances at getting multiple wagons during D1 as Brain is inevitably lynched a short while after. I'm ignoring his spat with Garmr as it has no bearing on his alignment. His is pretty bad for an opening post to D2. No vote. No passion. Same as Juls in that it's just not someone that is interested in figuring out what went wrong. is continuing in Scarab's tradition of ignoring important things (Juls wagon, ABR vs BBT) in favor of something out of left field. He criticizes Zoro in this backwards way that I still don't fully understand. In we see Scarab dodging BBT's questions. This wouldn't be so bad except that BBT is one of the few players trying to get the game going and Scarab would rather stand in the way and prevent scumhunting from taking place. He then, strangely, votes BBT in . Neither Zoro nor BBT was on the Brain wagon yesterday, and we already know two of the players on the wagon were town. When you look at , you see that he admits to scumreading Brain, Garmr and BBT. Well, Brain and Garmr flipped town so the town thing to do is vote BBT on D2? For me, I think town would want to rethink their reads in the game. In general I strongly dislike his approach to finding scum so far, and it seems to be limited to doing it on his terms and not helping others or supporting much of anyone else. Go look for anything resembling a townread from Scarab. You won't find much of one. The closest thing is his odd where he kind of supports Skold as a townread, but isn't confident enough to come right out and say so. Lastly, we have what just happened now with the sns' Juls vote. Scarab votes Juls instead of Skold at sns' request, but almost immediately unvotes when Juls replaces out. In he assumes that only town Juls would replace out, but I disagree with that. Now he isn't voting anyone.
I only have 10ish minutes now but I want to address some of this in probably reverse-ish order.

My unvote of Juls wasn't because I think her replace-out would only come from town. While I honestly would have stayed on a Juls wagon that somehow eventually led to lynch, it's not because I have any useful read on her - it's because I thought that was a better wagon than anything else that had a plausible shot of popping up. I unvoted because I didn't care to be a part of a wagon on her that hypothetically would have popped up based off of her replacing out and then I looked back and saw that she'd said she might replace out and if I'd seen that earlier I wouldn't have bothered voting her at all until either she or her replacement were able to say something. My day 2 play..honestly yeah, my reads are pretty much non-existent at this point. You mentioned I haven't been giving townreads but if you look more closely I'm pretty sure you won't find me having given any scumreads day 2 other than BBT and Zoro, the latter of which I retracted back to null. I have no idea what's going on in this game since day 1 and the thought of reading day 1 is repulsive to me (though I've read small parts of pages of day 1 for context) - though I really should do it and I will at some point. I gave about as many townreads day 1 as I did scumreads if you count implicit things like "x wagon is bad" which I guess don't actually say that someone is town but...

I've avoided engaging with the major events of this game because they've generally been thoroughly uninteresting to me. There was the Skold wagon and the Juls wagon day 1. I gave my opinion on them (very) briefly but had no interest in joining either of them and no interest in making any sort of real defense of either of them at that point in the game. The fact that PBrain was "inevitably lynched a short while after" is something I couldn't possibly have anticipated and I wouldn't have left my vote on him if I'd expected that to happen. His lynch happened while I was afk and it happened pretty damn fast. I was ready to go aggro on Garmr day 2 for hammering so early on someone he didn't even seem to think was scum, but then he died and was town and at that point I was just like WELL WHAT NOW. Which is pretty much where I'm at now.

out of time-ish so tl;dr: I have no idea what's going on
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #36) » Fri May 22, 2015 7:54 am

Post by Scarab »

In post 387, RedCoyote wrote:
Scarab 381 wrote:I didn't care to be a part of a wagon on her that hypothetically would have popped up based off of her replacing out

In other words you jumped off because you didn't want to look scummy, not because you actually thought it was the right thing to do.
Erm...no? If a wagon were to form on someone with that kind of reasoning, you wouldn't be concerned about it?

Scarab 381 wrote:I gave about as many townreads day 1 as I did scumreads if you count implicit things like "x wagon is bad" which I guess don't actually say that someone is town but...

No, really, I don't.

I actually almost want to cut you a little slack because I feel like I'm getting really on you, but I just don't buy that excuse at all. Even if I did accept you were townreading Juls and Skold on D1, you just completely undercut that by voting Juls in the past couple of days because "you didn't have any useful read on her".

So, I mean, you're tripping over your own positions at this point. :/
I think you're splitting hairs with the reads thing but whatever

You said somewhere in your previous post on me that when 2 of my scumreads flipped town by day 2 that you would expect me to be looking at what went wrong and to reconsider things. And then you're also saying there's something wrong with the fact that I've dropped a town read from day 1. Like...I get that I'm currently useless and that that's bad and I need to get my head back into this game, but do you see how these things fit together and make sense?
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #37) » Fri May 22, 2015 12:45 pm

Post by Scarab »

Reading through the game from the start. Getting interrupted a lot but should finish before I sleep tonight.

In context, this from BBT as a response to Skold is interesting to me. It's hard to tell at times which of BBT's posts from before this are meant to be serious, but the only alignment-related thought I can see from him until then is that. While I don't fault him for not having mountains of content within the first 2 pages of the game, his response to Skold's "DO YOU BBT?" question there is not something I would expect there from town. It technically does answer the question Skold asked him, but it misses the point of his own rebuttal to Clusk 2 posts earlier: Upon Clusk asking Skold if he had real opinions, BBT asked Clusk the same question presumably in order to show that Clusk was being hypocritical. Upon being asked
the same question
one post later by Skold, it's sketchy for BBT to answer "yes" when the only serious opinion he's given is a scum read on Sotty that wasn't strong enough to make him move his RVS vote. It's just misleading. And then when Clusk actually went ahead and voted Skold in the very next post (which BBT had to have seen shortly after based on timestamps), BBT followed him onto Skold. Then day 2 BBT apparently suddenly noticed this situation and called it scummy for Clusk. Do not like.

Vote: BBT

Also finally getting around to reading RC's big post now (I'd only actually read the blurb about me when I responded to it directly):

In post 375, RedCoyote wrote:Scarab's is scummy. I don't like him smacking down two wagons without explaining why. His calling out PB is bad for two big reasons: 1) PB is town. 2) He's just sheeping ABR. The same ABR that he was voting earlier and who BBT tried to get him to be more firm about.
This is just really bad. Calling me out specifically for going after PB when
seven
people voted him day 1 is cherry picking day 1 super super hard and saying that I sheeped ABR whose vote on PB gave no explanation and then pointing out that I'd been voting ABR when my ABR vote was a bandwagon vote on page 1 when ABR hadn't even posted is amounts of weasel-y I can't even begin to describe. Wow. +scum points
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #38) » Fri May 22, 2015 7:23 pm

Post by Scarab »

In post 403, RedCoyote wrote:But you two voted her before the request to replace out. So you calling the wagon "based on her replacing out" is untrue.

It seems like you keep digging yourself into a deeper hole here. First you wanted on the wagon, then you didn't want on it, then you said that you "didn't have a useful read" on her, now you say the wagon was formed by you and sns because of her replacing out (and you didn't like that).

Your rationale just keeps getting more convoluted and harder to rationalize.
Okay, I have to actually ask you: are you being wrong on purpose or are you not reading? sns voted Juls. I voted Juls. Those were the only 2 votes on Juls. sns called for more votes based on her replacing out. As it turns out he wasn't serious but if he had been and a wagon had formed around that, yes that would have been unacceptable to me.

Scarab 402 wrote: Calling me out specifically for going after PB when seven people voted him day 1 is cherry picking day 1 super super hard

Uh, you realize that two of those seven people are dead townies. Additionally, I'm on record with a strong townread of ABR. So the numbers for me at this juncture are practically four. Further, I have to assume it's a sheep vote when you don't take the time to explain it either during the vote or after the fact.

The fact is, quicklynch or not, you retain responsibility for that vote. When you're not clear about your intentions, then it's up to other players in the game to figure out what those intentions were. So, you know, you can downplay and try to run away from that vote all you want, it's on the record and you were a significant part of that lynch. Doubly so due to the fact that you argued against the best alternatives at the time (Skold and Juls).
I'm not trying to get out of responsibility for my pbrain vote and I don't know why you think I am. I thought he was scum and it should be clear enough from my day 1 posting that if I'd had to choose a single player from the playerlist to be lynched at the exact moment I voted him, I would have chosen him. Does any of that make it seem at all likely to you that I did actually want him lynched at exactly that moment? Does any of that make you think that I should have expected to afk with 3 or 4 votes on PBrain and return to find that he'd been quicklynched? Unless you're trying to tell me that I should be unvoting anyone I don't want to be flashwagoned and quicklynched while afk, you're making no sense at all.

Ultimately, using PoE on a wagon that ended in quicklynch is lazy at best and....just wrong. Yes, it's likely at least one scum was on the wagon. It's also likely at least one scum was off the wagon. That's true simply by combinatorics/probability and not by any sort of magical "there must have been x scum on this wagon" rule. Doubly so for a wagon that was quickhammered by 2 players who we at this point know to be town, since that pretty much eliminates the "scum pushed this wagon through" possibility. If you think my vote on PBrain was scummy in and of itself, then you are free to think so, but there's no way I'm going to let you get away with calling me scummy just for being 1 of 4 people you haven't yet PoE'd out of a lynch wagon.

So tell me, RC, since it was, to use your words, up to other players to figure out what my intentions were with my pbrain vote, tell me what you think my intentions were that cause your opinions about this to make sense. Tell me all about how my putting a second vote on him makes me super duper scummy after pbrain was quicklynched while I was afk because I sure as heck ain't seeing it.
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (isolation #39) » Sat May 23, 2015 12:44 am

Post by Scarab »

Totally did almost nothing regarding reading this game over the past 5 hours >_____>

Page 5 gives me a town read on PeaceBringer. Hard to explain this one without reading a lot into multiple posts (which I am definitely not doing out loud right now) but the things he chooses to give opinions on just look good to me and what I know of his meta makes me a lot less paranoid of how it's all presented than I would be if it were someone else.

And also as of page 5, I would find Garmr scummy again. Fuck yeah nonsense reads.
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #40) » Sat May 23, 2015 1:12 am

Post by Scarab »

Clusk's 129 is not really wrong at all but is somewhat ridiculously overstated. "Everyone on it deserves a vote really". Not sure how much it was meant as actual hyperbole and how much it was fake hyperbole being used as an excuse to find 5 people scummy at once. Leaning a bit towards the former explanation given that in his next post he explicitly states that he finds 2 specific people (both of who were voting Juls) scummy. My thinking right now is kinda foggy so I owe this a better think when I remember (or if someone could do that for me it would be much appreciated thx)

I hate it when people use a thousand 1-line posts to say what could be reasonably be said in one or two posts but I have a feeling I'm going to end up doing that right now because I keep thinking I'm going to stop reading every time I reach a new page and then I don't do that. Urghhhh RESISTING URGE TO SUBMIT POST

do not like (<---peacebringer, post 139) but idk it's kinda weird for someone to say that regardless of alignment. probably not a tell

I think I've been skimming posts from Juls Sotty and Zoronos since like page 2 :| I always end up doing that somehow without realizing it

Apparently PBrain had 5 votes when I afk'd, not 3-4. Weird. I'm using this post as a log of my thoughts at this point rather than of my useful thoughts

In post 202, Sotty7 wrote:Prolapsed Brain has been all over the map and I am half tempted to hammer just because of his terrible reasoning around both the Juls votes so far. I'm not really comfortable ending the day so early however, especially when a few players have barely contributed. Instead I would like to some more detail PB's Juls suspicion if there is any depth to it. A couple of other players are rubbing me the wrong way (Garmr and Zoronos) but I am trying to decide if that's scummy or if it is how they are.
Curious about this...what's the minimum that would have needed to happen after this for you to hammer if Garmr hadn't hammered in the very next post?

That's all that happened in day 1 apparently but I do need to look back at Zoro and Juls and probably Sotty to see what they actually said in the first 5-6 pages and then I guess I should do something about day 2...
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (isolation #41) » Sat May 23, 2015 1:18 am

Post by Scarab »

Errr sorry thinking about post 129 again (linked above).

In post 130, Clusk92 wrote:
In post 117, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 52, Clusk92 wrote:
Skold
, do you have any geniune thoughts/reads so far?

concerning- anyone can hae genuine reads and how would you know if thoughts and reads are genuine or not. That post is 1000 times a load of crap

Wow, that's quite the stretch isn't it?

Why are you voting for Juls?

Atm you and PB are going on my scumpile.
This was the follow-up post to that and his "why are you voting for juls?" thing is just tacked on there after his "Everyone on it deserves a vote really" comment in the previous post. Suddenly looks a lot more like just using the hyperbole as an excuse to find people scummy en masse.
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #42) » Sat May 23, 2015 4:02 am

Post by Scarab »

RC, your post is just all wrong.

In post 413, RedCoyote wrote:I'm noticing this pattern you have this overriding concern with what other people think of you. You're worried about how the Juls wagon "looks" to other players. You're worried that the Skold wagon didn't appear "neutral" (whatever that means) to other players, so you abandoned it. You're worried that you're mirroring BBT and don't have enough scumreads to look town.

This doesn't sound like townie mentality to me at all.
1. I don't care how the Juls wagon looks to other players. I care what I thought of other peoples' reasons for being on it.
Where in the heck did you get the idea that my comment about the Skold wagon not being neutral had anything to do with how it looked?

3. I'm "worried" that I'm mirroring BBT in the same way my posting style changed for stupid reasons in another game. It's just something that happens and it's frustrating when I realize it's happening. But for some reason I'm apparently
worried
about this shocking turn of events.
4. I'm worried that I don't have enough scumreads to look town? I was the one who pointed out I didn't have scumreads! I'm so bad at worrying that something doesn't make me look town that I have to say it before someone else does, right??

You're better than this.

RC wrote:
Scarab 404 wrote:I'm not trying to get out of responsibility for my pbrain vote and I don't know why you think I am.

Maybe because you just got through saying, "But RC! I was just one of seven! Why pick on little ol' me?" Further, two of those seven are dead townies, a fact you conveniently left out.

Scarab 404 wrote:Does any of that make you think that I should have expected to afk with 3 or 4 votes on PBrain and return to find that he'd been quicklynched? Unless you're trying to tell me that I should be unvoting anyone I don't want to be flashwagoned and quicklynched while afk, you're making no sense at all.

Actually, Brain was at L-2 when you were arguing with Garmr shortly before Brain was lynched. No, the argument isn't that you should've foreseen that lynch, but my problem is I don't see the reason for the switch to begin with (from off of Skold to on Brain). I don't think it was explained adequately, therefore I'm going to have to draw my own conclusions as to why it happened.
Yeah, I later noticed it was 5 votes (and said that in one of my last few posts), so my bad on that. This argument is ridiculous though. I unvoted a vote that I made on page 1 that I'd admitted the reasoning for was stretched and I said which post by PBrain I thought was scummy when I made the switch. I'd have a hard time believing you don't see what about PBrain's post was scummy (and heck it was even referenced by multiple other people later as being scummy), so what are you even trying to argue here? Yes, I unvoted my page 1 vote. Yes, I voted someone for something they posted that was scummy. What's your argument and how does it relate to me being scummy?

RC wrote:
Scarab 404 wrote: Yes, it's likely at least one scum was on the wagon. It's also likely at least one scum was off the wagon. That's true simply by combinatorics/probability and not by any sort of magical "there must have been x scum on this wagon" rule. Doubly so for a wagon that was quickhammered by 2 players who we at this point know to be town, since that pretty much eliminates the "scum pushed this wagon through" possibility. If you think my vote on PBrain was scummy in and of itself, then you are free to think so, but there's no way I'm going to let you get away with calling me scummy just for being 1 of 4 people you haven't yet PoE'd out of a lynch wagon.

First off, this totally reads like you are assuming a two-man scumteam. I would definitely not make that assumption with the PRs we already know about. Second, that hammer does not eliminate the "scum pushed this wagon through" possibility given that Jeanne and Garmr are both incompetent at Mafia. I think it's very possible that one or two scum members decided to push on the Brain wagon (the biggest possibilities in my mind being you, Juls and Peace) and then got a sweet little bonus when it was hammered that quickly.
Nope, I'm assuming a 3-man scum team and I want you to play a little game. random.org list generator Here's the game: assume you're town. There are 10 players left in the game not including you. Label them A through J and randomize the list, as if you're randomizing a setup. If any letter A through D winds up in any of the first 3 slots, it's evidence that using "at least one scum was on the wagon" to justify suspicion is bullshit. If none of those end up in the first 3 slots, it's evidence that what you're doing makes sense. Repeat this experiment several times and tell me what you find. In fact, I'll tell you what results you should get: just over 7 out of every 10 times you perform this little experiment, you'll find one of those 4 letters in one of the first 3 slots. If for some reason you think my PBrain vote was scummy in and of itself (which apparently you do, but your reasoning for that is ???), then harp on that. PoEing to find at least one scum that you think exists in a large group of people just does nothing.
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (isolation #43) » Sat May 23, 2015 4:13 am

Post by Scarab »

In post 409, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: - I highly dislike Scarab coming in and defending Skold in this way, I'm not sure what it means yet though. Like, I don't understand how anybody can be reading Skold as town for his play in this game (especially when you look at his vote on ABR and his reasoning for it.) I actually think Skold thought I was gonna go for ABR and preemptively jumped on the wagon to secure his slot.

Scarab, your read on Skold is too wordy for me, it's difficult to interpret exactly what you're trying to say. Can you make it a little more concise please?
If you want it more concise, read it without my stylistic rambly words and phrases. I know I haven't always been very clear in my wording this game but I honestly don't know what about it you don't understand and my thoughts in that post are very much in order and shouldn't be hard to follow.
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (isolation #44) » Mon May 25, 2015 9:54 am

Post by Scarab »

Didn't realize how close deadline was...gonna post something more useful in a bit, posting this because I don't want to get prodded before I do
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (isolation #45) » Thu May 28, 2015 11:01 pm

Post by Scarab »

Mod, replace me

I made a big mistake signing up for this game. Sorry all

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”