ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:21 am

Post by ControlledBurn »

Wow, three votes on someone already.

JDodge, it says you're from Port Orange, is that the PO in Florida? If so, I lived down there until recently, I'm an ERAU alum.
For a good time, call 1-800-WX-BRIEF
ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:18 am

Post by ControlledBurn »

Dral,
Moreover, even if you are a quack you're better kept alive as a functioning member of the town to vote and participate in discussion so that we might find our scum
ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:37 am

Post by ControlledBurn »

Hjallti wrote:Partly OMGUS
FoS:theopor_COD

Of course I have been planning, I want to win the game. But that is no scumtell.

Look 1 out of a possible 4 townies died the first night.

A townie could die by a scum night kill of a quack protection.

We know that 1 guy died this night. We also already know that Dral tried to protect him.
I didn't protect him but someone else
. The possibilities are still big, but if we collect data we could find out how the puzzle works.

@Dral: Don't suicide but avoid night choices from now. We need to lynch scum, quacks can stay alive without problem.
Can you retype this, as it seems like a lot of random thoughts strung together, unfinished and unintelligible. Bolded specifics.
ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:51 am

Post by ControlledBurn »

Is that like driving on a parkway and parking on a driveway?
ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:40 am

Post by ControlledBurn »

ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by ControlledBurn »

AmeliaLi wrote:Hey All. Sorry I havn't been on. My little cousin thought it'd be funny to take a magnet to my computer, thus having me get a new one. I should be caught up by tonight.
Must have been a hell of a magnet.....
ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:58 pm

Post by ControlledBurn »

The problem with a mass claim this early is it gives the scum a sure list of who is a doc and who's a quack, and can start trying to eliminate the normal doc's each night.
ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:56 pm

Post by ControlledBurn »

Wow, lot happened while I was off at the Taste of Chicago today.

I protected Hjallti last night. No reasoning, since I don't know anyone in the game I just chose whoever was 5th on the list.
ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by ControlledBurn »

Mert wrote:So your strategy was to try and target someone you believed would be targeted so you could test your role?
Yeah, I agree, that makes no sense. Indy, how were you going to figure out if you're a doc or quack when you fully expected someone else to target the same person?
ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:51 am

Post by ControlledBurn »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Dral wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:if anybody does any metagaming, they will find a current game that Dral was too busy to play in (that started before this one) and had to be replaced. I think he stayed in this game because he is mafia which is far more interesting than being a vanilla townie..I am sure if I dig a little more I will find more games.

Dral, care to comment on why you had to be replaced in other games, but want to play this one?
I don't think we are allowed to talk about other ongoing games especially since some people are in both. So no, I don't care to comment. You will not find other games. This is my only game.
I do not think we are aloud to reference the game number, but I do urge everyone to metagame a bit.
Metagaming is, and always has been in my opinion, a terrible idea. In a strictly C9 environment, I could see the possibility of metagaming being helpful where the same roles are always in play, but with the amount of theme games and so many games with many different role setups, it makes metagaming a crapshoot that is about as effective as flipping a coin, heads you're scum, tails you're town.
ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:28 am

Post by ControlledBurn »

Because there could be an infinite number of reasons he asked for a replacement. Maybe he didn't like the mod, maybe he didn't like one of the other players, maybe he just decided he didn't like that game type. Sure, the metagaming could be right, but most of the time metagaming turns out to be little more than conjecture.
ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:47 am

Post by ControlledBurn »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
ControlledBurn wrote:Because there could be an infinite number of reasons he asked for a replacement. Maybe he didn't like the mod, maybe he didn't like one of the other players, maybe he just decided he didn't like that game type. Sure, the metagaming could be right, but most of the time metagaming turns out to be little more than conjecture.
didnt like the mod? why did he sign up for the game?
didint like a player? why did he confirm?
type of game? wouldnt you want to check to see if the games are similar?

Everything in day 1 is conjecture...

at any rate, I just want other people to look into it and make up their own mind. I can see yours is already made up with out looking into it...
Well, I dunno about those games, but I know this game didn't have a mod until after I signed up for it. As for the rest, I couldn't tell you, I'm not the player, and these are all random guesses. As I said, I don't care for meta-gaming, 99% of the metagaming I've seen has gotten townies killed for bad, bad reasoning.
ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:51 am

Post by ControlledBurn »

Hjallti wrote:i don't think that was touchy... as an outsider I am also interested in what you find fishy, or rather whom you find fishy in that discussion. I feels fishy for me as well but I want to see at least some explanation (not an entire case or so).

I find your last reply a bit dodgy... well, yeah, okay, not really inexpected :-)
I feel the same way, I dislike the idea of people implying they know something or have an idea about something, but either don't or aren't willing to share this with the rest of the town. If you have something to say, do so, or just keep quiet about it and bring it up when you feel the time is right.
ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:21 am

Post by ControlledBurn »

Battle Mage wrote:
Hjallti wrote: @Dral and Battle Mage:following without contribution is a scumtell and noted!
I am not following anyone. I'm reading the thread as often as possible, but unfortunately there isn't a great deal to go on today. I think from tomorrow onwards, we may be able to lynch logically by stories that don't add up.
However today we need to take a gut-shot, and i'm genuinely not sure enough of anyone to really place a decent vote at this stage.

I feel Hjallti is town from recent posts, but other than that i probably need a critical reread. :p

BM
I believe he meant that reading the thread and not posting is scummy, implying that you're purposely not getting involved in conversation to avoid suspicion. It's borderline WIFOM in my opinion.

Today has been hard to have a good reason to post in my opinion, moreso the last week realworld weeks as people are keep heading out on vacation (Which I understand since it's summer and all)
ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:52 am

Post by ControlledBurn »

Mert wrote:I think I was targetted by scum last night for a kill. Call it an ego thing if you want, but I believe that one of the people on the "I protected Mert" wagon was the person who sent in the kill. Mostly gut, perhaps, but I just don't see that many people deciding to target me all on Night One.

Now if it does turn out to be the case that scum targetted me, we can assume that the other two people who protected me are genuine doctors as the kill was blocked. Of course, if we can confirm two non-quack doctors somehow then the town can win this game just by not lynching either of those two and having them protect one another every night. This is A Good Thing, so it is in our best interest to look at those people on my wagon and try to establish if one is scum - the quicker we can have two confirmed (or mostly confirmed, at least) non-quacks the better.

Given my thoughts above, since Dral is the only person to have claimed protecting the dead guy, I believe him to be a Quack at this time.
The problem with this logic is that we'll never know if you were indeed a scum target until the game is over and the mod reveals everyone's choices.

Also, I'm not so quick to assume Dral is a quack, as you already made the point that scum could be claiming to protect their own nightkills. Granted, the way Dral was acting getting bent out of shape and asking for a replacement so quickly is more likely to be a townie move (At least from what I've seen before in games)
ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #286 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:31 am

Post by ControlledBurn »

Ms Piggy wrote:great then maybe you can help lynch BM. Everyone's claimed, topics have been exhausted, and I've already seen arguments against BM, no need to regurgitate them.
So what you're saying is that you've read the thread (Finally) and have no opinions of your own to offer? I find that hard to believe.
ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (isolation #16) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:14 am

Post by ControlledBurn »

Still here and interested in where Piggy went. She came on so strong but promptly disappeared and soon as people started calling her out.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”