Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:39 am

Post by Guardian »

Hi, replacing N9V. /confirm

I am a mason with Elias. Other than that I am vanilla.

I've got to say
I'm confused as hell by this
. I read before I got my role, and I thought I would be a scum mason, or at least a mason with a NK somehow.

I have no good explanation for how there were two NKs last night, unless both of you are scum, which I find unlikely.

Preliminarily, I am inclined to not believe Jenter -- an survivior with a NK = SK, and a survivior who can role block is also kind of Bullshitty.

I am going to do a re-read and see if I can see Khevlaster as being anti-town... but from the initial read I thought he was almost certainly town... If both of you are scum, my play is no lynch today, with the threat to vote one of you if either of you votes me. I find the chances of you both being scum somewhat low, though, based on your play. However, based on the two NKs, it is by far the easiest explanation.

Jenter
, if you are in fact a survivior, you should probably be voting one of us. I would (obviously) prefer that it isn't me, but survivors usually win as soon as there is only one faction + them left in the game (even if that faction is mafia). You being a survivor is not very consistent with your play so far. I really don't want you voting me, since I am town and I don't want to lose this right after replacing in, but you should probably be voting.

I would suggest voting Khev, since I am not going to hammer which proves my townness, and because I am town, any fears you have about losing if you are left alone with scum would be allayed.

This is a bit circular, but Jenter NOT voting anyone today really makes me question the survivior-ness. The main problem I am facing right now is how in hell there were two NKs last night. It would either mean scum who can NK twice, or both of you as scum, or Jenter actually being a survivor with NK.

Um... I would ask that both of you in your next post re-claim your roles with all targets in results (I believe I have a good understanding of this, but I want it made absolutely clear to me), and Jenter, if you are indeed survivior, you should probably be voting, and considering your worries about the mafia killing you if you survive with them, you should probably be voting Khev, since I am town...

I am going to re-read the thread again now that I know I don't have a NK, me not having a NK makes very little sense to me, unless you BOTH have a NK.

Again, I want to make this very clear -- if you vote me and I think you are scum, I will vote you back, so if the remaining person among you is scum, they can hammer you for a solo victory. So Khev, if you are scum, and not town as I
believe you to be
really thought you were after re-read, I strongly advise against voting me :P.

Jenter, similarly, if you are a survivor with fear that scum can kill you if you lynch a townie today, voting me is a bad play as I am a townie, and because I will vote you back allowing Khev to hammer you.

If this is a scum-scum-town endgame, then just wow...

Make what you will of my post, please repeat your claims as I requested, and I will be doing a re-read, because I am just baffled at my lack of a NK.

One last thing:
mod, will you confirm or deny whether or not any mafia remain, or if we have eliminated the mafia?

Jenter, if you are a survivior and vote me, I will be very very sad since I am town :(. So again, I am really giving you good advice that if you are a survivior you should be voting, but if you vote me because of that advice it is very bad for me, and bad for you because of the possibility of you being right that if Khev is scum he will kill be able to kill you.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:21 pm

Post by Guardian »

Addendum -- I was thinking about this game in the back of my mind, and more evidence that one of you
has
to be lying is Khev claiming that he got roleblocked.

I have no night actions, and no RBs ended up dead...

So I would appreciate it if you both claimed your full, real roles along with all night targets. Thanks.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by Guardian »

unvote
if I am voting....

Khevlaster, you didn't repeat your claim for me. :P.

Also, this is all bullshit, since I am not a mafia member. Neither is Jenter, imo. I am more and more inclined to believe that Khel is the last member of the mafia, and Jenter is a second SK OR a survivior.

Jenter, Khel's threats are
completely empty threats
. I
will not
vote to lynch you at this point. The only player I will consider voting to lynch right now is Khel, since from the above post he is definitely scum. Two scum groups is... bullshit, frankly.

Jenter, if you convince me you are a survivior, I will hammer Khel if you vote him. If not, I will vote nothing but no-lynch today, unless I become convinced that Khel is town, which after that post is highly, highly doubtable.

Jenter, Khel is most likely lying scum who made up his investigation results (easy for scum to do because they know everyone's alignment).

Khel first, and then Jenter, I want you to claim your FULL and TRUE roles. If EITHER of you doesn't claim a killing role, I will be all but convinced that you are lying AND WILL VOTE YOU, allowing the other player to hammer and forcing YOU to lose.

Proceed.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:14 pm

Post by Guardian »

Jenter
, again, I implore you to not to vote for the 3 way tie, Khel's post was scummy as hell and he threatened you for no good reason that I can see -- if you vote Khel and can convince me that you are in fact a survivior, we can win this thing, and Khel and his scum buddies can lose :).

For the record:

Khel, I am actually a lot less likely to vote you if you claim mafia, or change your claim in some meaningful way. Even if you claim mafia, I'd worry about Jenter being an SK, and would have to consider 3 way tie to be a possibility.

You know that I am not scum -- look at this from my perspective:

For you to be a cop who got roleblocked last night, Jenter would have to be the last mafia member with an extra nightkill and roleblocking ability to boot. This setup is a bit odd, but that would be an absolutely ludacrous role, and one that I refuse to consider. What I believe to be very likely at this point is you, Khel, are the last mafia member, and Jenter is a survivior with a NK or the SK.

By the way,
Khel
, don't think I'm kidding or bluffing -- Khel, if you next post does not claim a killing role (and probably if you don't admit to being mafia) I will vote you -- my threat is a credible one. I know that right now you are lying, and I want the truth so I can make the best possible decision for the town.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:03 am

Post by Guardian »

vote: Khelvaster

Khel, I told you I wasn't bluffing. Whether Jenter is an SK or survivior, you just lost the game.

Jenter, ignore all this bullshit about a 3-day tie, and how I would hammer you, and basically everything Khel has said since I replaced in.

Whether you are an SK, or a survivor (which I really hope), hammering Khelvaster wins you the game.

I want to note to you, if you are a survivor, hammering Khelvaster wins you the game
even if I am scum
-- survivors on mafiascum.net, in my experience, win with whatever faction is the last faction remaining --
even if that faction is scum
. Your not hammering here would make me think you are an SK and have doubts about whether I am mafia or town.... basically, you have a post to hammer, if you don't hammer I am really going to start doubting if I am getting this right. I am town, if you still have these doubts and such, but even if I am lying, which I am not, hammering would still net you a win if you are a survivor.

Either way, Khel I was not making an idle threat, you sir were lying, and have earned my vote. Your scum team has you to thank.

For the record, if Khel is not lying and Jenter is a 2-kill 1-roleblock character, I honestly don't blame myself, I blame the setup :|.

Khel, if you come on and fess up before Jenter hammers, I will consider unvoting. If not, you have my vote... pretty much for the rest of the game.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:58 am

Post by Guardian »

THANK you Jenter!!! :D I was not lying -- I am a townie. If you are a survivior, as I thought, and said, and hope, then we both win! :D.

If not... :P.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:54 pm

Post by Guardian »

If the mod disregards Jenter's vote, I will be extremely annoyed.

However, that would quite bastard moddery, and do not suspect it will occur...

All I can say to Khel is LIES, ALL LIES. I am a vanilla mason. Truly. Take that as you will.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:08 pm

Post by Guardian »

If the game isn't over, I will have serious issues with the modding. I have no doubt mnowax will count the vote and you will be lynched.

I thought the game was over and revealed that I was really an innocent mason. If we are forced to continue playing, I will explain myself further.

To answer your question, being role-blocked made more sense for you to claim -- Jenter was a claimed RB-er, and you were trying to convince my role to lynch Jenter. Unluckily for you, Jenter lied about being a RB (for good reason, actually), and so then your claim was rather... unbelievable.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:37 am

Post by Guardian »

Someone explain to me how there were two night kills and a roleblock last night. If someone can explain that, and it doesn't involve Jenter doing
all three of them!?!?!?
, then I will face my shame.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:40 am

Post by Guardian »

mental note: trust reads on players, not logic. Unless I am missing something, there were two NKs and a roleblock with vanillas dying last night -- I got my read on Khelvaster perfect, but I refused to believe Jenter was responsible for two NKs and a RB.

If Jenter was responsible for all three of those actions, I honestly don't see what I could have done differently; that would be a ridiculous scum role...
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (isolation #10) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:44 am

Post by Guardian »

Rishi wrote:See... I'm not sure what "Limited Doc" means. I was thinking that Falcone might have tried to protect someone and killed them instead.
If that is the explanation... why was it not revealed? :|

And Khel, I don't see how you can say I'm a bigger idiot than you -- you
also
assumed that both me and Jenter were NK-ers, and both scum, and wanted a 3-way tie. That was impossible to figure out, for either of us.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:51 am

Post by Guardian »

"Firstly, You are now innocent to all cop investigations. Secondly, you may choose TWO night kills, and the doctor protection will only have a 50/50 shot of working. Lastly, you have two options. You may either know who the cop is, or who the doc is."

That is actually an interesting mechanic, but not one I ever possible could imagine coming...

Apparently the cop didn't get RB'd (but was told he was?) and the mafia
did
get two kills. :|

Sorry for messing that up town but... :|.

Thanks for modding mnowax :).
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:53 am

Post by Guardian »

Yeah well done Jenter. But yeah, despite my read (before receiving my role) that Khel was OBVIOUSLY pro town and really a cop, the two kills threw me completely for a loop and... kinda made it impossible for me to continue believing Khel.

Khel, you played well given the circumstance, and I don't fault you, but since you made the same mistake I did, I'm sure you can see how it was impossible for me to think Jenter had two kills...

Also, roleblocked?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:02 am

Post by Guardian »

He said he found a PM saying he was roleblocked though -- was that erroneous on his part?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:06 am

Post by Guardian »

Ah. So he wasn't sure one way or another -- that was a very fair PM to send :).
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:08 am

Post by Guardian »

lol, you're welcome tar, though honestly I had no chance with Jenter's power up :P.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:09 am

Post by Guardian »

ebwop: if there had been only one NK the night before, I would have stuck with my read and been all but sure Khel was town. But with two NKs, I had to assume one NK came from him :|. I'm sorry mnowax, it was not a bad setup... I just don't see how I could possibly envision that someone got a 2 NK power-up right before the last night.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (isolation #17) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:39 pm

Post by Guardian »

If anyone says that they would not have assumed, in either me or Khelvlaster's position, that there were two killing roles left, I flat out don't believe you. Flat out.

Whatever other problems the setup had or didn't, the scum getting a power boost to two killing roles the last night of the game just doesn't make sense.
Do not lynch me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”