molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:45 am

Post by molestargazer »

Anyway, apologies for not being here until now - exams really do suck.

Anyway.
Vote: pickemgenius

You lie, GMT = win.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:07 am

Post by molestargazer »

Unvote

Vote: MoS
for trying to out-confuse the mod.
Unvote.

Now I've gotta say that the random stage of the game is over, we need to stop dicerolling to lynch people and see if we can find some solid evidence to go on.
dylan41985 wrote:
Vote: carrotcake
[/b]
This was the second vote on carrotcake at the time. I mean, it's not serious, but he could have at least thought of a silly reason. :P
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:13 pm

Post by molestargazer »

I wont bother quoting the Last to Confirm thing, reading back, that's all dealt with.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Down with molestargazer!

unvote, vote: molestargazer
DOWN WI- no, wait. Not down with molestargazer. Please?
Adel wrote:placing the second vote on carrotcake is another thing that sends a up a flag, but analysis of silly votes does seem a little..... silly.
OMG SCUMBUDDY ROFLOL!!!!
Not really.
I agree with you - I'm just trying to get some discussion going, and it seems it worked, aye?
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:47 am

Post by molestargazer »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:The molestargazer wagon has a snack cart! and it's free!
Oi - oi!
I'll have you know it's
MY
bandwagon, I choose the prices.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:29 am

Post by molestargazer »

Adel wrote:A general question for the rest of you: where do you stand on the "lynch the lurkers" tactic? I think that on Day 1 the player with the least posted activity (content consisting of insightful posts, original opinions, FoSs and votes,
not
word count) should always have a wagon until a very convincing case can be built for one player.

In general, I think it is better to wait until
two
convincing cases can be built. The debate between the proponents of each case could be very illuminating.

It is all about generating enough information to make an informed decision.
I wouldnt lynch lurkers based on JUST their lurking - if someone's scummy and then lurks or vice-versa, fair enough. But chances are lurkers with no other evidence are towns who have forgotten/can't be bothered/have exams (It's GCSEs at this time in the UK)/etc.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:59 pm

Post by molestargazer »

Adel wrote:When are the GCSEs over?

Why wouldn't it be a good idea then for scum to lurk if they are given a pass for day one, and on day 2 they weren't on the bandwagon of a mis-lynch?

Yes I am new here, but the current meta seems slightly broken in favor of Mafia to me. All they have to do is post enough to not get replaced, and let the active townies pressure each other enough to out the power roles. Then, if an outed power role is not killed night 1, and was on the wagon for a mislynch, accusations of "fake claim" tend to stick, resulting in a mislynch day 2. That leaves town in day 3 nearly in a lynch or loose position depending on the number of scum (usually 3 or 4, right?).

Advantage: scum.

Please tell me that I am wrong, or how to stop this from happening.
This is a very good theory. You have a point - I would have nothing against voting for lurkers to pressure them into posting and being active, but I wouldn't like one lynched without extra evidence.
Tromboner wrote:Unvote.
FoS: J-man
Vote: J-man

However since J-man has no bandwagon forming that could overtake my rather large bandwagon and not getting killed is my strategy.

Unvote
Vote: Molestargazer
Hold on, you think he's scum, but since I have a slightly bigger bandwagon from the random section at the start, you're going to vote for me with no extra evidence?
I'd like to at least see some reasonings.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:00 pm

Post by molestargazer »

EBWOP:
Adel wrote:When are the GCSEs over?
I'm not sure, I'm only taking a few - RE and some Science modular ones. Mine'll have finished by this time next week, I think.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:53 am

Post by molestargazer »

Tromboner wrote:I re-voted for mole because he was the only other person to be getting votes; the only other person that could over take my rising lynch votes.
So you didn't think I was scum or didn't bother looking at the evidence, and just voted because other people were?
FoS: Tromboner
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:36 am

Post by molestargazer »

:O
A wall of shame? :(
Let's post some content then. Exams sux, I'm sorry.

I'm going to get down to a re-read from say Page 5 Onwards, analyse things, comment - this may take a while, but I'll try and get it up ASAP.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:49 am

Post by molestargazer »

Here's the page 5 analysis - I've not made a definite conclusion but it might give you something to discuss while I go through the rest. :P

Page 5:

Tromboner posts saying why he voted for me (Saying that I was another one getting votes at the time):
Tromboner wrote:I re-voted for mole because he was the only other person to be getting votes; the only other person that could over take my rising lynch votes.

However i still think that J-man is in the mafia. His bit about wanting to be killed was very inviting. So ill try to get his bandwagon going.
Unvote
Vote: J-man
molestargazer wrote:So you didn't think I was scum or didn't bother looking at the evidence, and just voted because other people were?
FoS: Tromboner
And I still haven't got an answer to this. On the next page Tromboner seemed to forget and move on.
Adel wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:Voting for lurkers is often a mafia strategy, as they know that they only have to post enough to not be classified lurkers.
It also means that the person killed doesn't provide the town with much information, as he probably didn't get on enough to accuse people etc.
So what is your prescribed course of action? Target those who chase lurkers? Ignore lurkers as if they aren't in the game?

In my opinion our initial objective should be to pressure all players into posting enough content that a reasonable case can be made against a couple players, and a reasonable case can be made for clearing the rest. So long as there is a player out there that I don't have enough information on to found an opinion upon, I'll refuse to extend that player the benefit of the doubt.
In my opinion, neither of Adel or ThAdmiral are in the wrong there - I agree that it may be a potential mafia strategy, but as of right now I don't think we can place votes based solely upon that theory.
dylan wrote:joining a bandwagon vote may seem suspicious, but it's too obvious! I'm not that dumb.
Adel wrote:WIFOM. Please provide a better rationale.
Dylan's only post after that was page 8, and that was clearly to unvote. I'd like Adel's request to be fulfilled, we need every hint we can get.
J-man wrote:lol you know what no1 ever likes my posts speccially mafia.. oooohhh
Tomboner i hope you die you mafia scum
Little of no content apart from an OMGUS accusation. That sucks.
Kate wrote:So J-man now has 5 votes, with seven to lynch...great idea town! put him in a position where mafia can easily kill him!
I don't like this bit of Kate's post. We're voting because we think he's scum, here you've obviously not looked at the evidence and called out the votings just because 'the mafia could pick him off'. This seems to be a very minor scumtell in my opinion.
Kate wrote:
Adel wrote:Especially since J-man was the biggest promoter of a pro-town tactic that would quickly identify dylan41985 as potential scum. If dylan was scum planning on lurking into day 2 and beyond, a bandwagon on J-man would provide his best cover... so when J-man identifies him as a lurker is would seem OMGUSy.

Huh. I just sold myself on that theory.

unvote:molestargazer

vote:dylan41985for lurking and casting a suspect vote.

This was right after pickemgenius said something about dylan. And Adel's reasoning didn't seem very good, it seems to me he keeps saying people are scum because of what they will do in the future; that doesn't count as proof. However, what what's-his-face(dylan-something) did was pretty scummy, the way he just dropped in and voted without much reasoning, but I still think Adel is more scum.

Vote:Adel
This post seems very, very confusing and almost opinion-switching one sentence after the other. It might just be badly worded - the point I can find in there seems OK. This could be much better worded, it would also help to protect against mistaken votes and FoSes.
Kate wrote:So how will you know whether he's town or not? If he is town, he'll most likely defend himself or say, "Hey, kill me if you want but I hope you all die!", if he's mafia, he'll probably do the same, unless he decides to fake claim as cop or doc, but if he were the cop or doc, he would still claim.
WIFOM, in my humble opinion.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #11) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:46 am

Post by molestargazer »

Adel wrote:Good luck on your exams. I understand that they're more important- and it speaks to your favor that you aren't posting in other games while ignoring this one.
Thank you.
I'm only taking a few this year, one German GCSE, a few half-GCSEs, a few modular ones, etc. but they still take revision - last one on Monday, then I'll be able to contribute more.
Kate wrote:ok, i read wat WIFOM means, thanks to Adel, but its used SO much, but still don't really know what the heck anyone's talking about
Put simply, WIFOM is where your argument consists of "Well, the mafia could do this, or they could do this..." like a sort of dilemma as to who to pick to lynch.
Kate wrote:So are you saying i wrote this when i was drunk or something? My point is that we'll never know wat he is by forcing him to claim, he might be lying, he might be telling the truth, i've been saying this over and over again, but apparently no one's listening.
Woah, calm down - no need to get so defensive. Now then, wasn't it easier to put it that way? That sounds much less like WIFOM, and your point is fair enough - but it gets us no further in our discussion.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:59 am

Post by molestargazer »

Page 6:
J-man wrote:now i was really tempted to claim cop/doc just to make you guys squirm because i know that since i am a vannilla townie i really dont have a whole lot of use to you guys, i mean kill me if you will althought esspeccially this early in day 1 its not a good idea (and yes nomatter how many pages we have turned there really isnt any info that has been gleaned)

my eyes are on dylan pickem, and the admiral and i think i shall FOS:MoS
from left to right is where my suspisions lie, i shall clarify and defend myself at a later date bit of a time crunch for now
Oh dear. This post reeks of scum so much, I need to go get some deodrant.
First of all, you say you'd rather claim a power role falsely, get yourself nightkilled, when you're just a townie.. just to confuse the town even more and 'make us squirm'?
You don't have a use as Vanilla Townie? There's going to be a lot of Vanilla Townies in this game, if they all got themselves killed for that reason, mafia would win - you can't just give in because you're not a power role.
Kill you? Appealing to emotion, and you don't actually defend yourself and tell us why you shouldn't be killed.
Any reasons for those suspicions and FoSing MoS?
You shall defend yourself at a later date? That seems like trying to shift attention onto someone else and using almost a delaying tactic to try and explain your previous actions - which going from this post, aren't good.
Adel wrote:If claiming is protown, then we shouldn't have to apply the pressure of a lynch for power roles to claim.
I don't really agree with this. We need pressure, as claiming without pressure is unneeded, and could create major problems for power roles. I think people shouldn't claim unless at Lynch -a few and if asked for.
Adel wrote:Question for entire town: J-man claimed vanilla, do you believe him?
I can't really accurately answer that without an entire re-read looking at his posts - right now, I can't be bothered - but based on the post I've seen, no.
Kate wrote:This is really stupid, if he's a doc or cop, he might claim, if he's mafia, he'll still probably claim cop or doc, or claim vanilla, like he did. If he's a normal townie, he'll claim vanilla like he did.
Um.. what?
Kate wrote:I don't know if I believe him, he's either scum, or an innocent townie.
Well, that narrows it down.. :roll:
Tromboner wrote:No i think that he is the cop/doc but doesn't want to revel that to the mafia who he really is.
From what I've seen previously, Tromboner wanted a J-man lynch - suddenly defending him now and saying you think he's doc/cop..?
J-man wrote:so for serious my FOS on MoS was kinda a jibe not really all that serious and yes that whole post was oozing OMGUS. ( i guess it would be OMGIS but w/e)
Um.. what?
J-man wrote:but returning to the FOS on MoS i am going to readdress the situation from a new angle, and Unvote Vote:Mastermind of Sin now that my folks is because of his actual push for a lynch and as Adel has said its really not a good idea to lynch this early.
Now would you say that if it was
me
in that position?
ThAdmiral wrote:I say pretty much ignore lurkers for now. They aren't harming the game as much as they would later, and either they will start playing the game or be replaced.
And yet the whole point we are talking about lurking as that it could be a scum tactic?
Adel wrote: I was hoping that J-man would argue his way out of his wagon without resorting to a claim, for the reasons I stated above. He has failed so far. My read is inexperienced scum. unvote vote: J-man

Note: J-Man is at -1 to lynch! No one vote for him without a dang good reason!

The pressure is on now. J-man: why are you not scum? What have you done that is pro-town? Who is a better candidate for scum than you? What have they done that is anti-town?
Exactly my thoughts as I read this.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #13) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:37 am

Post by molestargazer »

Argh!?!?!
12 Pages?!?!

OK, I'm lazy, I checked the site today and yesterday at different times and I got that error.
Let's skip back to Page 10 and let me point out some things that raised my eyebrows:
J-man wrote:he only votes after two other people have voted this makes me think at first thought that Dylam and pickem are mafia and pickem see's that dylan is going to take some major flack for lurking this long, and since the bandwagon is starting pickem will jump on early to distance himself from his mafia partner
Um.. what?
So you're saying that Dylan and Pickem are scum, because pickem votes for Dylan because he's lurking and wants to distance himself?
I don't think so.

Everything else I was thinking on Page 10 was picked up - nothing too interesting there.
MoS wrote:There wasn't, really. And what little case there was, he had defended himself against by the time you made your post encouraging more suspicion of him.
This bit confuses me - not saying you're scum, I'm not saying anyone should vote for you - but can you explain, please?
*Turns music off*
Pickemgenius wrote:So your whole thing is that you wanted me to hammer J-man basically?
That's not what MoS said - he said don't try and convince others to do the hammer for you when you can do it yourself when and if you want to.
dylan wrote:it is kind of suspicious that Mastermind of Sin confidently states that "J-man is not scum." Are they working together?

Mastermind - can you explain why he isn't scum?
That's exactly what "nabnab" said in the post 2 above. This looks to me like a slight attempt at posting content. Well, you phail.
Dylan wrote: you know this is one of my first games
Appealing to emotion. Just because you're a new player doesn't mean you're not scum.

Vote: Dylan41985

I really don't like the way you're playing. You seem panicky under pressure, and that's understandable - but I want to get some firm evidence and something solid to discuss.

This puts you at Lynch -1, if my calculations are correct.
No-one hammer yet
- I would like a claim, if there hasn't been one already. If there has, I'm sorry, I've not read through properly, and I'll go back and find it.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:06 am

Post by molestargazer »

dylan wrote:you're making me crazy pickemgenius! i am not anti-town and do not have anti-town behavior (for real, at least) so stop saying that to everyone. And thanks for lying when you said you were going to give me until July 1... was that the first time you lied in this game???????
Dylan...
*sigh*
You do not believe you have anti-town behaviour.. but have you actually looked at your posts? They are more scummy than most other mafia posts I've seen here.
dylan wrote:And thanks for lying when you said you were going to give me until July 1... was that the first time you lied in this game???????
First of all, the ???????s just makes you look like a 3-year-old, defensive, scum. Let's try to keep calm here, and if you defend yourself properly and give good reasonings for your mistakes, then I'm more than willing to unvote you.

He said he was going to give you until July 1st.. that was when he thought you weren't going to have net access - he was kind enough to leave you alone while you were away. Now you are back, you make more scummy posts... if you were in his position, I'm sure you'd vote too.
NabNab wrote:At this point I have accepted that Dylan will be the lynch for today because he says stupid things, and if he turns up scum then hooray for us. If he turns up town, don't say I didn't warn you.
I understand perfectly well what you're saying, but I believe that the town would be fools not to push ahead with this lynch at the moment - especially if he turns out to be as scummy as his posts.
curiouskarmadog wrote:However, even if he is the town idiot, he is still the town, which helps our odds.
I disagree.
With the way he's playing, he's just drawing logical attention to himself, and taking attention away from the scum who can just sit back.
dylan wrote:I'm not back yet, but I got the chance to post. Once I'm dead and you all discover that I'm innocent...please lynch Kate, molestargazer, and MasterMind of Sin.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Although I doubt you'll do it since you aren't listening now.
Pfft.
Enough said.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:59 am

Post by molestargazer »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
molestargazer wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:However, even if he is the town idiot, he is still the town, which helps our odds.
I disagree.
With the way he's playing, he's just drawing logical attention to himself, and taking attention away from the scum who can just sit back.
I disagree with your disagreement on many levels. Are you saying that you do not have enough will power to be able to over look the town idiot? There is more than 1 mafia out there. Are you suggesting, with Dylan around, you simply lack the capacity to look for other scum? With Dylan here (assuming he is the town idiot) he gives the town another person the mafia will have to get rid of (thus improving our odds). I find it interesting that you want to argue improving the town’s odd against the mafia. OR are you wanting to do the mafia’s work for them?

At any rate I am definitely
FoSing molestargazer
….if this lynch goes down (and it probably will) it will be interesting to see who really pushed this hasty lynch (during the reread)…

this town is full of scummy people (see my previous posts) J-man is as guilty (in many regards) as Dylan...yet he is under the radar right now...I wonder why that is?
You seem to be misinterpriting my post. I'm simply saying that it would be foolish to overlook dylan's scummy behaviour by saying he might just be a badly-playing townie. I think he's scum, and I personally think that ignoring his scumminess may just be advantageous to the mafia.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #16) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:31 am

Post by molestargazer »

Having enough quick read through from Page 17, the last few pages have confused me somewhat, I'm not really too sure what's happening on the Dylan thing... ah well. If I find time to wrench myself away from Counter-Strike: Source and Call of Duty 2, I'll have a better re-read, and see where everything stands with CKD, among others. :P
MoS wrote:He [Dylan] is most likely not scum, and his lynch will not accomplish anything.
MoS wrote:J-man and Dylan are not likely to be scum, and lynching them won't help us that much. We'd get some information from the J-man lynch, but at the cost of an obvious protown. It is quite clear that his "scumtells" come from his inexperience, not a malicious, clever plan to kill the town.
MoS wrote:I do not want either J-man or Dylan to be lynched. They are protown, and I'm highly amused that both of them have attacked me repeatedly this game, but that just contributes to my feeling that they are protown at this point.
MoS wrote:You *don't* think J-man is inexperienced as well? Most of the arguments you are applying to say that Dylan is protown apply to J-man as well, which is why I do not support lynching either of them.
MoS wrote:The only people I would not be willing to lynch right now are myself, Adel, Dylen, and Crub (aka J-man)
Summing up all these posts...
MoS doesn't really provide any solid reasonings of his own for not wanting to lynch J-man and Dylan other than they are newbies. Can we please see some solid evidence?
J-man wrote:1. Should we lynch the town idiot?
i think for the reasons listed above, aswell as im not up for rewarding scummy behaviour, even if it is constant and b) id rather play a game w/o Dylan tbh
2. Who else could be scum with the idiot if he is scum?
everyone and anyone, we;ve spent much to much time on this Dylan issue, we need to lynch or move on.
3. Who would be scum if he is not scum?
same answer to the last question.
I don't like this post. He believes we've spent too much time on Dylan, but I think that we need to take our time and ensure that the town gets a good lynch.
curiouskarmadog wrote:I think everything in that post was rushed...had to make sure you got on the band wagon vote now versus the end huh?
This just seems like a pointless attack and finger-pointing on a new replacement to me.
Crub wrote:The only reason I think Kate is scum is because I think you are scum, and I think there is a connection between Kate and You. I'm basing this on, as I said before how Kate reacted to Tromboners, No Lynch and how you attacked her for 2 pages and then gave up your attack because kate appealed to your "poetic side"
So Kate's not actually done anything that scummy in your eyes? You just think there's a connection. Fair enough, but I don't think someone should be labelled as scum for having a slight soft spot and no other evidence. I hope you understand, I'm not trying to say you're wrong and that she isn't necessarily scum - just urging caution.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (isolation #17) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:38 am

Post by molestargazer »

This game moves very fast... and I'm lazy. Let's go again.
ckd wrote:At what point will you two stop doing things together? Just because it is so obvious, does not mean it is not scummy.

Vote: Adel
This post strikes me as slightly odd. Adel's post could even just be a joke to copy - chances are she would have voted like that anyway.

Dylan's vote on MoS was strange, but that argument has now been thrashed out so I won't bother going through it all again - unless, of course, you want me to.
dylan wrote:Kate - I do not just join the biggest bandbagon. That's a lie, please take it back.
I agree, you don't join the biggest - but you join one with little reasoning.
Take it back? What is this, some sort of playschool?
NabNab wrote:He's right Kate. To my knowledge, Dylan has never joined a bandbagon, and you're a filthy liar for saying so.
This post seems a little on the harsh side - filthy liar or just an innocent mistake that isn't really doing much harm anyway?
dylan wrote:I'm not saying I never did it.
Wouldn't it have been easier to put that in the previous post?
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (isolation #18) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:07 am

Post by molestargazer »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I am pretty sure she was joking. Again, if you have read the thread I think you might have picked up on that.
Well, I haven't.
curiouskarmadog wrote:So, is that all we shall hear from you for another 4 pages? How about commenting on some of the current topics….maybe even who you think is scum and town?
This thread is long and confusing, I'm even confused as to what he current topics are. Give me a player to look at and I'll gladly look over a few pages and give a bit of an opinion.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (isolation #19) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:32 am

Post by molestargazer »

Kate wrote:
MoS wrote:Not to mention the fact that it's incredibly scummy to say that the Dylan lynch would help us in any way. FoS: Kate
I said the dylan lynch would help us? I think I said it would help just as much as any other lynch, but haven't other people mentioned that too?
That post is very confusing - but from what I read of it, that post is basically outlining the accusations.
Adel wrote:Absurdest prediction: This day will not end until every player has been at lynch -2.
lol.
Unlikely, in my opinion.
ThAdmiral wrote:My first impressions on who is scum with dylan:
This is based mainly on logic, based mainly on voting. It is unlikely to be my ulitmate conclusion, but rather is a starting point.
NabakovNabakov - didn't vote for dylan, furthermore put forth subtle reasoning why we shouldn't vote him (would not give us any information, VI thing).
MoS - didn't vote for dylan. Said he put forth a good "defence" (similar to j-man), and furthermore said he was pro-town.
Adel - Unvoted dylan when he got to -1. Then attempted to avert everyone's attention with pretty visuals (joke).
Pickemgenius - unvoted dylan early as he was going on vacation and didn't want to leave his vote on someone if he couldn't change it. Then voted him later, but only when dylan looked certain to go (bussing).
This post seems very off to me. You are adamant that Dylan is scum, and ergo, everyone who's been kind to him may also be scum according to your logic?
Not that I don't think he might be scum, but just that post... ew.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (isolation #20) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:16 am

Post by molestargazer »

Owch. Big developments.
MoS wrote:This post sounds very much like something she later accused me of trying to do: wagon every player in the game until we get information out of them...
The post didn't say wagon, just pressure - this is a slight exaggeration, however your point is a good one.
MoS wrote:Claims inexperience, even though she has shown herself to be quite capable of good logic and posting.
Inexperience is still a problem, even if you can post well.
MoS wrote:Points at us both as possible scum, while giving her an out to say she feels one of us is protown later
Sorry, but to me this bit looks like total b******s.

MoS, in some of the rest of your posts, you accuse Adel of following you around - and yet I can't see much evidence of that, apart from supporting the J-man wagons which you are solidly against.
The rest of the post seems OKish, apart from this:
MoS wrote:Finally decides it advantageous to vote pickem, but leaves herself an opening to go back to dylan whenever she feels like it. What tactical reasons could you possibly have had?
Reasons that she might think he's scum - I'm still unsure.
MoS wrote:and you seem to be actively ignoring each other, only stopping to say that the other was protown.
Unfortunately here I have to agree with Adel's latest post - there's many people ignoring each other. I'm here myself to lynch scum, and for example I've not really pointed out any of Crub's posts until now doesn't mean that we're actively distancing.
However...
Adel wrote:unvote: ThAdmiral vote:Master of Sin for power role hunting.
I don't see how what I've read is power role hunting.
Crub wrote:unvote ThAdmiral, vote Master of Sin
I'm willing to see where this go's
Crub, I just don't get this. Neither of you have provided any quotes or solid evidence for your votes, and this one by crub is practically shouting "I'M SCUM!".
However, I've got to give you a chance - please explain?
MoS wrote:unvote, vote: Adel
This looks like OMGUS - even though you have provided reasons beforehand, only voting now after you've got 2 votes is discomforting (If that's a word).
Adel wrote: MoS's case against pickem was weak, and he didn't press it very hard. It did produce a whole bunch of reactions though, and some people didn't react very much at all.
In my posts, I've produced many things that I thought were slightly scummy, but I've just not reallu acted on them and voted, apart from with Dylan. His playstyle might just be slightly more pressing.
Adel wrote:I think he is experienced enough to pick up on clues that the rest of us are likely to miss, and if his motivation is different from ours it would make sense why his case against pickem and his effort put in to support it made so little sense at the time.
Adel wrote:. If MoS were town I think he would've figured out who was scum by now and presented a case, asked for and received the doc protect, and we would be well into day 2.
That's just saying "He's experienced, so he should have found scum by now - because he hasn't, he's scum!!". I really don't like this.
Adel wrote:You are the most experienced player, if you lead a bandwagon against scum revealing yourself to be very-protown you can almost bet that you will receive a NK unless you get a doc protect. With one VI and a couple other new players it wouldn't hurt to ask for the protection of a doctor, and even if you didn;t ask for it you would probably still receive it.
But he didn't ask for it. That's the whole point.

I'm almost willing to change my vote right now - but this is all very complicated and I just can't figure out who to believe right now. For now,
Unvote
FoS: Adel
MoS, whilst your arguments are generally good, I've found a few against Adel to be a little bit biased.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (isolation #21) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:27 am

Post by molestargazer »

Crub wrote:Basically I'm getting tired of MoS leading a charge against player after player, only to turn around after the vanilla claim, or loss of interest to start off in a new direction. Now that we are at 27 pages putting together a detailed pbpa takes upwards of hours, so as I said in my vote I'm willing to see where 2 votes on MoS go's. It's not like I've put him at L-1.
So why not vote earlier?
Seems like a huge coincidence to vote straight after Adel in the same way, and providing no reason up till now.
Crub wrote:Also for someone who made 9 meaningful posts in the first 24 pages of this thread I'm not so sure you should be asking anyone to explain. To be honest I'm waiting for you to post some content instead of the quote sniping which is all you seem to do so I can actually get a decent read on you.
OK, shoot me down as soon as I mention your name... :roll:
I could always lead a completely useless charge against someone without really knowing what I think if you like.
Crub wrote:ckd I'm surprised your not taking up this chance to get a vote on the "leader" of your scum group?
?
I don't get this. You mean that you think ckd is scum and you're just poking fun?
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (isolation #22) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:05 am

Post by molestargazer »

Crub wrote:Also mole I feel justified pointing out that you've been pretty inactive until now.
That's fine, I can't disagree with you. Hopefully that's all over now.
Crub wrote:No I'm pointing out that ckd laid down this huge case why me adel and MoS are scum buddies and MoS is the craftiest of our little scumgroup. Yet he still thinks Adel is the play?
I don't have time to re-read all this, so I'll accept that.

Apologies I can't post more, I'm heading off down to the Doc's now - nothing serious. Will try and post again later.
Heh, just realised the irony of me going to the Doc's in a mafia game. I'm not going to ask him for a night protect, just to change a dressing. :P
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (isolation #23) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:06 am

Post by molestargazer »

EBWOP:
me wrote:Heh, just realised the irony of me going to the Doc's in a mafia game. I'm not going to ask him for a night protect, just to change a dressing.
Should be DURING a mafia game, not IN a mafia game, if it's not obvious.

Yes, I'm a bit obsessed with grammar.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (isolation #24) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:56 am

Post by molestargazer »

num7 wrote:I have been slightly uncomfortable with the Dylan lynch for a while. I wouldn't normally support lynching a VI, but with a deadline approaching, I thought he was the best candidate. Besides, an unvote would have put MoS into the noose, which I believe would have been a bad idea. I still think Dylan's behavior smacks of newbie scum, but it seems we should be able to do better than a VI lynch with 30 pages and counting. I'm currently looking for a better home for my vote. I'll try to manage a re-read.
So this says you think he's scum, but you're looking for someone 'better' to vote for on the grounds that he might be a VI, thus landing you in it?

I really don't know what else to say right now.
Yay, Page 30.
Enjoy Thespival, MoS.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (isolation #25) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:25 am

Post by molestargazer »

No-one's asked me for my take on the MoS wagon.. :(
So you're going to get it anyway - I've not taken sides till now, and hopefully this post will get things clearer in my head. Most likely not.

In my opinion, the MoS wagon has built up very quickly since Adel and Crub voted for him on Page 27. This was immediately followed by a plain OMGUS vote - despite all the previous reasonings against Adel, I don't think that he intended to vote for her quite at that time, and this post...
MoS wrote:
molestargazer wrote:This looks like OMGUS - even though you have provided reasons beforehand, only voting now after you've got 2 votes is discomforting (If that's a word).
Please note that I simulposted with Crub. My post was in direct response to Adel. In fact, it wasn't until you mentioned his vote in your post that I realized he was voting me. That's almost as disconcerting as Adel's own vote.
... dodges the OMGUS accusation, focusing more on my saying that he'd voted after Crub's second one.

Unfortunately, Adel is right from what I can tell in that he's built up a case against a lot of players within this game and not really acted - yet going out of his way to protect Dylan, in my opinion the scummiest player in the game until recently.
Having said that, both sides are at fault, with Adel seemingly attributing MoS with God-like scum-hunting powers and talking about asking for a Doc Protect - which isn't happening.
Crub seemed to go downhill in my opinion from his vote, at the same time as Adel, voting for MoS. Some of the arguments to me appear to be a little flimsy, yet I don't quite think he would be a good vote, looking at the more scummy things happening between MoS and Adel.
MoS wrote:So, you're claiming that you've been following me around all game as a "ploy" to see if I was scum or cop? Bullshit.
That isn't what Adel said.
MoS wrote:It should be, unless they never gave out an award for it. I didn't join until 04 (i think), so I wouldn't know. This conversation is quickly becoming irrelevant, however.
Quick, convenient change of topic for a townish reason?
Crub wrote:Is anyone not completely confused by this game? I get the feeling no matter who we lynch and no matter if they're town or scum I'll have not much of an idea who is scum for tomorrow.
Join the club. Heh.
curiouskarmadog wrote:speak for yourself
Well I suppose the mafia like yourself know exactly whats going on.[/quote]

Where is your vote again? Oh right, following Adel.[/quote]

It's on MoS ... you know the person you think is the leader of the scum group[/quote]

actually I said the smartest not the leader (again thanks mafia for putting words in my mouth)..hey it was a theory, I could be wrong, but no one is hanging yet are they?[/quote]
This little quote pyramid seems like a little joke that's gotten out of hand. /ignore.

Since then, the Adel-MoS fight seems to have geared down slightly, what with all the 'OMG PAGE 35 WOULD BE KWL' crap.
MoS wrote:Leaving tonight for Thespival, I'll be back Tuesday. Please vote Adel ^_^
It would almost be worth voting you just for that for the lulz. Almost.

Oh, and welcome to Tarhalindur! (Think I got that name right)

Looking at what I've written, and a brief skim of the past 5 pages since it all kicked off, I have to say I'm joining the crowd who have been convinced against MoS and his playstyle, with his strange attacking/calling off scheme and the pressure on all the players, finally followed by the vote on Adel, who I must admit have had no scummish thoughts about up till recently. Adel sums up her case very well here:
Adel wrote:You are right. It is like many players are already playing for a deadline. I fear that I may be ascribing him god-like powers, but I expect that MoS will not get lynched if he is given enough of a chance to build a case after he gets back. I think he is scum, but will prove to be very slippery for most of the game. However, I think giving Tar a chance to contribute before the end of the day is a good idea, and so I basically support letting the day stall until Tar and MoS get a chance to post.
That was great, however I'd like to see a little evidence for the seemingly half-hearted FoS on Num7.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (isolation #26) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:47 am

Post by molestargazer »

Everyone, just to let you know, I'm going away for 2 weeks from tomorrow.
I think there's internet where I'm going, but I might not be able to get on very often to make a post.

I'll do my best for you though.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #918 (isolation #27) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:45 am

Post by molestargazer »

pickemgenius wrote:
Prod: Molestargazer

KICK IN THE BUTT: dylan
HINT HINT:
I posted earlier saying I'd be away for 2 weeks, until today.
Congrats, genius!

Anyway.
I've got some catching up to do, although the game seemed to die without me. :P

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”