Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Mon May 28, 2007 8:15 am

Post by Lowell »

vote Ripley

I love this game setup by the way. Too scum-heavy, maybe, but still.

[/endmeta]
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Tue May 29, 2007 6:29 am

Post by Lowell »

bird1111 wrote:He means too many scum

And though I don't know a whole lot about balance, this does seem balaneced.
Yeah I meant too many scum. But whatever, I'll assume people know more about this than me. Enough of that, let's get going.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Wed May 30, 2007 2:24 am

Post by Lowell »

Adel wrote:In case anyone missed it, here is an earlier Friends and Enemies game: Mini 232
Major Differences: Closed Game. Night start. 12 Players. 4 Masons.

Looking over it, I am not sure what lessons we can draw from it since roles were unknown. Is there an Open Friends and Enemies I missed? I am not sure how to tell the difference between masons and scum on Day 1. As near as I can tell the tells should be about the same. But then I am a new player, so if someone could point me in the direction to a (finished) game, wiki, or other resource, I would appreciate it.
Wow, town got F'ing routed. Let's not do that again, okay?

From reading that, it seems the key is for the mason group to figure out the mafia group before the mafia figure out the masons. Either one, if committed, can pretty much control the day's lynch. Clearly once the mafia lynched the first mason, it was all over.

And the townies have to guess right.... yippee.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Wed May 30, 2007 9:53 am

Post by Lowell »

ryan wrote: Lowell: Do you believe the town has the advantage right now?
I've said that I don't.

Without a cop, we're going to have to rely on the masons to figure out who the scum are. The power to know 2 other pro-town players is pretty decisive, compared to the rest of the town.

The key, to me, will be to hit scum EARLY. As in, day 1. As soon as even one mason gets lynched we're pretty much playing a vanilla game (2 person mason team not nearly as powerful) with a huge scum percentage. I cannot realistically see the town winning should we lose a mason before we find a scum.

My
personal
goal will be to drag on conversation and make sure the masons don't think I'm scum. The one advantage we have is that the masons have a much better chance of catching the scum (3/8 of remaining players AND controlling 3 of 6 necessary votes) than any pro-town players usually do at the beginning of the game. They can almost hunt by process of elimination if they can guess at enough townies.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (isolation #4) » Thu May 31, 2007 6:11 am

Post by Lowell »

If I were a mason OR scum, I'd probably be lurking right now. Just something to think about.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (isolation #5) » Thu May 31, 2007 9:23 am

Post by Lowell »

bird1111 wrote:
Lowell wrote:If I were a mason OR scum, I'd probably be lurking right now. Just something to think about.
Why would a Mason lurk?
Same reason scum do. To avoid drawing attention and, potentially, votes. Pressuring lurkers will be the key, more than in other games. That's what makes this setup different.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:23 am

Post by Lowell »

unvote, vote Sir Tornado

My day 1 policy, vote for whoever has gone the longest w/o posting. Tornado, post and my vote leaves.

FOS A Papaya
... were my policy to vote for the person with the least CONTENT, this would be a vote.

Seriously, this is how I'm going to play. We need to be able to draw connections on D1. I very firmly believe this is more essential than other games.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:00 am

Post by Lowell »

ryan wrote:Lowell: I think you are on to something about the least content and I guess with A Papaya promising content and than failing miserably I'm wondering if the scum is starting to shine through
I'm a lurky player generally (what with playing too many games at once and playing them all at work), but I've said why that just ISN'T going to fly in this game. I'm going to try my best to keep this moving.

Basically, I want this game to be more turnbased than usual. Anyone who disappears is a HUGE question mark to me.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:39 am

Post by Lowell »

Adel wrote: If the content of Lowell's posting only consists of playing an automated vote, call that a scum tell. For purposes of vote analysis maybe look at his FoS instead of his vote. My vote, as I said before, is also automated. I know that my last FoS was a mirror of Lowell's automated vote, so I'll make sure my next FoS is based upon something more insightful that lack of posting.
Call it what you want. The point is, we need players to post. And for now, I don't even really care if those posts are mostly placeholders. People who continue to post placeholders and say nothing will get attacked on those grounds anyway (see: a papaya). In a game like this, I'm more concerned with players who disappear altogether.

Again I say: anyone who thinks lurking doesn't work as a scum tactic is kidding her/himself. It always works. Always has, always will.

But not this time. Vote stands.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:59 am

Post by Lowell »

Which is fine by me.

It is MUCH harder to hide with posts like "Here I am, nothing to add, gotta go to work" than it is by disappearing altogether. Out of sight, out of mind.

I don't expect everyone to just pile on lurkers cuz I say so. I DO, however, expect that in the long run it will be useful to have someone who does so.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:37 am

Post by Lowell »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Wow, that was very to the point, Ripley.

I would like a Lowell claim by the end of the day.

Unvote Adel, vote Lowell
Haha this I like to see.

I don't claim that I've been particularly useful thusfar. I only said I feel like policing the thread. Don't worry, there will be time for both, calm down.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (isolation #11) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:01 am

Post by Lowell »

unvote
. Thanks Tornado, good analysis.

vote Aimee
. Next on the list.

This lynch (a papaya) is bad bad bad bad. Let the poor kid defend himself. Just sayin'. More coming.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:35 am

Post by Lowell »

Some quick thoughts.

1) It is not acceptable to lynch A Papaya yet. It just isn't. For what it's worth, I tend to agree with the lynchers, but I'm definately not adding my vote yet.
2) I'm buying
Albert and Adel
as town. Albert's most recent post of questions is right on the money, and I'd like the same answers.
3)
FOS Lawrence
. The last post (201) really rubs me the wrong way. Looks very much like a set-up to blame someone else for a mislynch. If A Papaya turns up town, this is where I'll go first.
4) I'm not thrilled about an a papaya claim. I feel like Papaya is an inexperienced player, and could potentially ruin some shit with a bad claim.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:58 am

Post by Lowell »

ryan, if I were a scummate, I would WANT him to claim.

Here's my take on claiming:

1) IF A PAPAYA is SCUM-
(a) he claims MASON. A mason emerges to call him out. We kill a scum, we lose a mason.
net PLUS for the town

(b) he claims TOWN. Tries to argue his way out. Probably can't. We kill scum and masons remain hidden.
HUGE PLUS for the town

2) IF A PAPAYA is MASON- he claims mason. No counterclaims. We kill someone else but lose a mason at night.
BIG LOSS for the town

3) IF A PAPAYA is TOWN-
(a) he claims town and tries to argue his way out. Mabye can't. We lynch him.
NET Loss for the town

(b) he panics, claims MASON. Mason emerges to counter. We lynch Papaya, then lose mason at night
GAME-BREAKING Loss for town

On further reveiw, a papaya claim might help. With this caviat.
A Papaya, if you're a regular townie DO NOT CLAIM MASON
. It won't save you, and will be a crushing blow.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:58 am

Post by Lowell »

ryan wrote:I've seen people "fake claim" in games and who knows what causes people to do what they do. Maybe he hasn't played enough games to know what to do as a certain role.
Hence the advice. Seriously, a papaya, if you claim mason and turn out to be town, I'm gonna pummel you.

.... well, you know. Rhetorically.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 am

Post by Lowell »

Goddam it.

If papaya claimed mason, the other masons needed to KEEP QUIET!!!

We'd have believed him if nothing was said. The idea was that someone woudl counterclaim IF he was lying...

Whatever. I'll be back Tuesday.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:01 am

Post by Lowell »

Okay sorry I've been gone. Was away from the office. Back now.

I read through the posts. Here's the verdict.

YOU'RE ALL INSANE IF YOU DON'T SEE THAT ADEL AND LAWRENCE ARE THE LAST TWO SCUM!!!

Adel
. She's the most obvious. First, her quest to find "the real masons" (post 324), an OJ-esque faux quest for justice, is laughable. Adel, are we supposed to believe that not one, but TWO, scum falsely claimed mason, and yet NO masons counterclaimed???? That makes no sense. I'd trade all THREE masons for a chance to expose two scum. That you pretend to think timid masons might be hiding is laughable. Posts 267, 258, 273 are all awfully bad and suspicious as well. Hell, everything is at this point.

As I was reading the thread that I missed (6 pages in 24 hours???) there was a time when some folks had the trio of ryan, adel, and myself. What was odd about that was that Adel (in particular) seemed to relish the pairing, making no effort to distance from me. She's been buddying up like hell, and it's obvious.

ryan
. $10 says I know why he got modkilled. He's almost as obvious. His odd refusal to believe an UNCOUNTERCLAIMED mason pair is bewildering. Almost too dumb to be scum. Ripley nailed it with his post 277. The "suspicion" is fabricated.

Lawrence
. The most bewildering of the scum players. By the time papaya and albert claimed, ryan and adel were in a tough spot, whereas Lawrence was not. That Lawrence came out of nowhere to openly support them... even calling them MASONS though both deny, blows my mind for its dumbness. The only thing I can think of is that he/they really thought they might be able to get the votes to sway the balance. As in, be able to convince 3/5 non-mason players. I think Lawrence might have seen Adel's buddying up to me as indication that I might take her side. That's just a huge misread as far as I'm concerned.

Now, on to the star of the game.

ALBERT
. Congrats for busting the game wide open!! I disappear for 4 days and you expose ALL THREE scum players. Well played.

For the record, his counterclaim plan is exactly on the money. Until/unless TWO other players come out confirming each other as masons and papaya/albert as non-masons, the claim stands. And since it hasn't happened, THE CLAIM STILL STANDS.

It is absolutely, completely, totally, bewilderingly idiotic to suspect either of these two of being anything other than masons. "Real" masons would not be in hiding! "Real" masons would proudly jump up and say "AHA! We got them! Here's TWO SCUM!!!" I know that masons are powerful, relative to townies, but come on! A mason for scum sacrifice is one any sane player would make any day of the week.

Two other notes:
1) My brief post the other day was wrong, Albert. I hadn't read the thread. You're right that the scum could have figured out who you were.
2) The plan of setting up Albert and papaya as fakes clearly continues, what with keeping them both alive. No matter, no one is fooled.

GAME OVER! Congrats Albert on a brilliantly played game. Great job by Ripley and Theo as well. Sorry I missed all the fun!
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (isolation #17) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:29 am

Post by Lowell »

oh,
vote adel
obviously. Got so revved up I forgot to do that.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (isolation #18) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:56 am

Post by Lowell »

Haha this is hilarious. Look at Lawrence's and Adel's posts today. It's clear what the plan is.

"I defended Lowell and ryan repeatedly." -Adel, said with sincere regret

"[ryan] had a couple posts defending Lowell and Lawrencelot." -Adel, poingiantly

"Adel, me, and Lowell are the most suspicious." -Lawrence, factually

"Lowell sure had a change of mind." -Lawrence, aghast

1) Lawrence, nice try grouping me with you two. "Change of mind"? Really? Show me where I doubted anyone's claim and I'll give you a cookie. In fact, the one hasty post I DID make after the claim was to chide albert for REVEALING himself. No one is confused by the "uh, oh, 3 suspicious people but only 2 scum left!" tactic.

2) Here, I'll answer your "important question": ABR and Papaya aren't dead because, by killing them, you're exposing them as masons, whereas now you can try the pathetic "still not sure about them" angle.

Hey, I love the shotgun approach to confusing the town here (throw a bunch of theories, hope one hits), but it just isn't working. Wow this win was easy. I mean, just wow.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (isolation #19) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:00 am

Post by Lowell »

Ripley wrote:
Lowell wrote:ryan. $10 says I know why he got modkilled.
Maybe this is obvious to everyone but me - I haven't got a clue. Is it something we're allowed to speculate about in the thread? Lowell, if your suspicion is correct, could our knowing about it help us find ryan's scumbuddies in any way?
He talks to his scumbuddies during the day like it's his job. Despite reminders.

Also, I don't buy that he does it by mistake. In 428 I had to remind him several times.

So no, it doesn't really give clues persay. But it doesn't really matter either, not like it's really a scum advantage. In this game, I'd say it was a disadvantage for them.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:04 am

Post by Lowell »

okay,
unvote, vote lawrence
. whichever way is fine.

Ripley, you're thinking too hard. Adel and Lawrence are the two we're looking for. Even the passage you quote looks like one scum gently chiding another.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (isolation #21) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:40 am

Post by Lowell »

Are you serious? Are people actually confused? Well, congrats to Law and Adel, your tricks of obfuscation and misdirection seem to continue to work.

1) Why is no one else put off by this blatant sucking up by Adel and Law to Albert, as well as their obvious distancing (voting each other... how clever :roll: ). Or by, you know, the fact that THEY'RE OBVIOUSLY THE SCUM!!!

2) Tornado, I'm growing a little weary of your caution. First, no scum will "quicklynch" someone when they get to lynch-2. It's not lynch or lose, so that tactic would be idiotic. Stop acting like we're treading on pins and needles when the game is clearly in hand. Also, quit grouping me with Adel and Law. Show me anywhere, at ANY TIME, that I attempted to cast doubt on papaya or albert. Show me where I asked for a 2nd mason to come out after the first one did. In fact, I DIDN'T WANT a second mason exposed and WASN'T VOTING PAPAYA. I'd be suspicious of you if I weren't so sure that you're innocent.

Tornado, read from papaya's claim (page 10, I think) until the end of D1. You can't seriously believe that anyone other than Law and Adel are scum, can you? Can you???

Let's do this already.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (isolation #22) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:25 am

Post by Lowell »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:He has been with us every step of the way without ever questioning me since day 1. He is the most dangerous player to leave alive. Law and Adel are both easy kills, but Ripley, if he was scum, he could easily win the game by fooling everyone.
The tornado part I had guessed (back when you said you'd be "surprised" if anyone guessed it). But wow, the Ripley thing is out of left field.

Still, I don't know why you think this makes Adel and Law any less obvious. I think-- no offense to your buddy-- it just makes Tornado more clueless than the rest of us.

Okay, I'll accept the Ripley kill, but I don't know why we need to do him first. Now that I see your suspicion, I'll keep it in mind.

I'd still rather do Adel or Law first. Actually, if you're right about Ripley, though, I think I'd prefer Adel for today. For now I'll
unvote
though, if it makes you feel better.

Can I propose this order instead?
1- Adel
2- Rip
3- Law

You're forgetting JUST HOW SCUMMY Adel was yesterday. I mean, REAAAALLLy scummy.

Ripley- your thoughts on all this???

vote Adel
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (isolation #23) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:34 am

Post by Lowell »

Albert-

I looked over the D1 kill period again. Um, I really, really,
really
still think this is one case where the obvious answer is the correct one. Adel and Lawrence, scummbuddies forever!

I really would like to kill Adel or Law first. Even if they're "easy to kill later", I don't like the idea of letting them off the mat. Only bad things can happen.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (isolation #24) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:14 am

Post by Lowell »

Okay, I don't like this. Some thoughts.

1) Ripley is the other mason. Fine. Really, at this point it doesnt' matter. They'll kill one of you tonight, but we have 3 days to finish this off, which will be easy enough.

2) I guess I'm starting to see the Aimee possible scum thing. Particularly post 638 worries me, in the way that she seems to be trying to emphasize how much she and I are soul-mates in this game. You know, just like Adel and ryan did. Sucking up to Lowell is the new black.

3) Even so, I still can't see lynching Aimee despite what is right in front of us. I won't vote for Aimee yet.

4)
IF
Alberts take on Aimee is correct, I will (a) fear him in every other game I play from this day forward, and (b) tend to agree with him that Lawrence is more likely to be scum than Adel. The way Lawrence adopted Adel's strategy of adopting
Albert's
strategy seemed at first like poorly-done distancing, but now sort of looks like "bunkering", in a way. Basically, an exposed scum takes a townie down in the trenches with him, hoping the townie gets killed and he's cleared.

So I will
unvote, vote Lawrence
. Either way you cut it, it seems Lawrence is the most likely at this point.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (isolation #25) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:31 am

Post by Lowell »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Also, I am a consistent person, and I make it policy to always go after the hardest person to lynch, which is in this case Aimee. Both Law and you seem like easy choices for a lynch, and I trust Lowell will swiftly terminate both your lives if Aimee is town.
I still think you're trying too hard here. Frankly, it's a little insulting to suggest that everyone will forget about Aimee if you're not here to remind us.

I assure you I've taken the Aimee accusation to heart and will help kill her tomorrow or the next day if it comes to it. Also, there's a decent chance scum kill Rip instead of you (no offense, papaya :lol: ) so you'll be around to argue tomorrow. But even by your OWN admission, Lawrence is more likely than Aimee. I just say we start there.

We can almost do it backwards at this point. If you're right about Tornado (and I think you are) that gives me FIVE confirmed innocents, and the remaining players (Law, Aimee, Adel, Bird) can really be lynched in any order and we'll still win. Hence, go for the highest percentage first, not the "hardest to lynch". They're ALL easy to lynch at this point.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (isolation #26) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:40 am

Post by Lowell »

Albert, I'll point out we have FOUR lynches to get this right, not three. I dont' think we'll need them, but just sayin'.

Aimee, c'mon the suspense is killing me. Is Albert right or drunk w/ power?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:00 am

Post by Lowell »

vote Lawrence

I've listened to Albert long enough.

I really can't believe we didnt' do this yesterday.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:07 am

Post by Lowell »

I am. And I don't.

Adel is fine too.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (isolation #29) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:11 am

Post by Lowell »

Gee, adel doesn't want to vote Lawrence today. Imagine my surprise.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #726 (isolation #30) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:26 am

Post by Lowell »

* bangs head against wall *

I can't believe how we're still not seeing this. LOOK AGAIN at the pages leading up to ryan's death. That's pages 10-15ish. You... really think Lawrence might not be guilty? That's insane.

Adel- Wow you're edgy.

First, I'm not even voting you... and I didn't vote you YESTERDAY, so chill out with the "Lowell is attacking me" bit.

Second, if you were an actual townie, you wouldn't CARE that I find you suspicious if I'm voting for someone else. If you think Lawrence is scum you'd vote for him and worry about tomorrow tomorrow. The fact that you're so intent on attacking me NOW makes me think what really worries you is that your scummate will be gone and you'll be left to fend for yourself, and that I'll attack you tomorrow. Which I probably will.

So the question isn't what do you think about ME. The question is
what do you think about Lawrence
? Yesterday you seemed happy to vote him when albert was declaring open season on he and Aimee. Now, on your own, you don't even want to comment on him it seems. You're directing your anger at me to avoid having to take a position on your scumbuddy. Hell you're not even voting ME for fear of buddying up to him too much. You're voting, conveniently enough, for a lurker.

My god this is obvious. People, vote for Lawrence already.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (isolation #31) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:52 am

Post by Lowell »

Adel wrote:Looks like ABR has Sir Tornado in his sights.

I think there is about a 2 in 3 chance that Lawrencelot is scum. However, that works out to us only having a 50-50 shot at winning if he is lynched and is scum and I am lynched as well. If Both of us are lynched and Lawrencelot isn't scum, that is a lost game in my analysis. It would be easy to be in the Lawrencelot wagon, but a hasty mistake would be a game looser.

Does anyone else find it interesting that Lowell is pushing for a quick Lawrencelot lynch?
Lowell wrote:My god this is obvious. People, vote for Lawrence already.
And he suggests that I am scummy for looking closely at Lowell, and that I'm scummy for voting for a lurker, who may be (slight chance) his partner, in what was clearly a tactical vote to encourage our last lurker to post.

Lowell: it seems to me you want us to lynch Lawrencelot before bird1111 posts, and before much more conversation occurs. Why?
Wow is that ever a not thoughtful post posing as a thoughtful one.

No, I don't care if Bird posts yet. Lawrence is scum, dear god he's scum.

You're my next target after him. Knowing this town, though, we'll lynch someone stupid and you'll breeze by again. But that is neither here nor there.

I want everyone to look again at Lawrence's posts 250 and then 308. The way he says "maybe I believe papaya" (testing the waters) then turns around and joins Adel and ryan in NOT believing both papaya AND ABR is ... just... bewildering.

Really, the strongest argument AGAINST Adel being scum is Lawrence's willingness to jump to her support. I don't know that he would have joined in ryan's and her defense (pitting all three scum against five or six united townies) had a townie not already been there.

Adel- Though I find it unlikely, I could see you not being scum. However, I CANNOT see Lawrence not being scum. Hence the vote.

Here's why I don't think Bird is scum. Were he scum deciding intentionally to not support his doomed scumbuddies (ryan and Lawrence), he would have made CLEAR this view, if for no other reason than to blend in w/ the rest of us. Being silent and invisible calls more attention than just saying "sure, I agree w/ ABR."

Also, this town never quicklynches anyone. Them's crocodile tears you're shedding in worrying about it.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (isolation #32) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:35 am

Post by Lowell »

I don't buy your attempt at misdirection. Does anyone else?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (isolation #33) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:50 am

Post by Lowell »

Lawrencelot wrote:
Confirm vote: Lowell

Lowell is the most scummy to me, and I think he's worth lynching today, although not quick-lynching. So don't pile it up, we need to hear what bird has to say.

@Lowell: if you would succeed in getting me lynched, and everybody would see that I am town, would you take the responsibility? How would you defend yourself next day if this happened?
Oh my god. Could anything be more scummy than this?

You found someone to agree with you, so you "confirm vote", eh? How convenient.

Every post... literally every post... of yours has the timing of a scum looking for support.

So, you're asking me HOW I would defend myself IF you turn up town? Hahah wow. That question is idiotic. I won't have to.

Also, in general, saying "lynch him after me!" is a pretty scummy thing to say. An actual townie (again, I need to remind you how townies act) wouldn't want a vengence kill, he would want a correct one.

I'm growing less sure of Adel. Lawrence is waaaay too chummy with her.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #780 (isolation #34) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:27 am

Post by Lowell »

Lawrencelot wrote:Interesting. I don't agree with all arguments against Sir Tornado, but there was one quote that I found very interesting:

"Are Masons and Scum allowed to PM during the day time?"

In case some of you forgot, and Jalyn didn't read it yet: ryan was modkilled for pming someone during daytime, right? Ryan was mafia. Sir Tornado could be the one who ryan pmed. Jalyn, could you tell me the page of this quote?
Interesting.

This is the first thing Lawrence has said that wasn't completely scummy...

Also, new perspective from Jalyn. Nice.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (isolation #35) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:48 am

Post by Lowell »

Yeah I'm here. Still don't have reliable enough comp access to post yet.

Two quick things:
1) Tornado, you've gone over the deep end. I want a quicklynch without discussion? Why? Where do you see that? I believe I've laid out my reasons pretty clearly, in both the post you cite and in others. There are no "quicklynches" in these games, everything takes weeks. To accuse someone of trying to quicklynch is like accusing them of witchcraft: it sounds scary but really means nothing. It's a cheap gimmick to make it look like you're hunting scum.
2) I'm falling off the "Adel and Lawrence" wagon, sadly. Thanks to the obfuscation of others, I now actually think one of them is innocent. I CERTAINLY don't think they both are, however, and it shocks me that some people do. We ought to lynch one of these idiots today. I still say Lawrence is the play.

Also, I'll hopefully be back in full force soon.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (isolation #36) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:43 am

Post by Lowell »

Wow I'm honored.

Is Jalyn replacing bird? If so, I still have no opinion of her.

Sir T. M'eh, I don't know anymore. TBH, after I read the exchange at the end of D1, I pretty much decided Adel/Lawrence were the remaining scum and have been in cruise control since.

IF Adel/Lawrence arent' the last 2 scum, then SIR T is my next most likely candidate.

Adel and Lawrence have been two peas in a pod all the way up to the beginning of D2, when they both subtly suggested the town should look at me as a possible lynch. Someone called them on it and since then they've done some mad distancing. I don't buy it.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (isolation #37) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:15 am

Post by Lowell »

Not gonna lie. These charts of Adel's are cute as hell but not very useful.

There's seven players left. Two confirmed innocent. Is this REALLY that confusing?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #844 (isolation #38) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:13 am

Post by Lowell »

Pleeeease let's vote Lawrence today.

Adel, don't just talk about how you're willing to vote Lawrence. Do it. Your hesistancy makes me think I'm right about you and L being the last scum.

I won't vote for Tornado today. Only Lawrence. Tornado tomorrow.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #878 (isolation #39) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:24 am

Post by Lowell »

Patrick wrote:
After another day of lengthy discussion, four people eventually agree that Sir Tornado needs to go. As his head is forced into the rope necklace, Sir Tornado is given the chance for some final words. He solemnly declares, "I am Mafia. Sorry guys." Not suprisingly, this roleclaim does little to deter the lynch mob, and in less than a minute, Sir Tornado is dead. A search of his home reveals that after a game of telling lies, he was telling the truth at the end of the day. Sir Tornado was a member of the mafia. Only one left now.

Sir Tornado (Mafia) has been lynched.
Well I'll be damned. Albert was right about something after all.

I'm 100% sure at this point that the last mafia member is Adel or Lawrence. I'm leaning towards Lawrence, particularly given Adel's last post.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (isolation #40) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:39 am

Post by Lowell »

vote Lawrence

I've heard enough. I've been trying to lynch this guy before it was cool.

Finish this game already.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (isolation #41) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:32 am

Post by Lowell »

Just do it. It should be game over.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (isolation #42) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:06 am

Post by Lowell »

Haha lawrence cracks me up.

Are we really worried this guy isn't scum?

Adel- stop asking to "hear more" from me. I've made my position more than clear.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (isolation #43) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:44 am

Post by Lowell »

Adel wrote:Then consider a self-hammer. I'm pretty sure that we'll take your opinion of Lowell awfully seriously if you turn up town, esp since this is an open set-up. I am pretty confident that Lowell would follow you. Do you agree, Ripley and Jalyn?
Wow is that post ever suspicious as hell.

So, you ARE the last scum after all? Damn.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (isolation #44) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:36 am

Post by Lowell »

Well see here's obviously the problem. Um, I don't want to agree to go next if I'm wrong about you. If you're not the last scum, Adel is. So yes, I find it suspicious that she wants to pre-emptively sure up support for my lynch even as she claims to think you're scum.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (isolation #45) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:10 am

Post by Lowell »

Adel wrote:
Lowell wrote:Just do it. It should be game over.
hypocrite.
Umm you'll notice I didn't try to recruit others for a lynch of you BEFORE lawrence was dead.

I do think him to be the last scum. But if he's not, then I'll bet it's you. The fact that you're going out of your way to make sure everyone agrees with you about me BEFORE you ask to lynch lawrence says a lot about your gameplan...
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #915 (isolation #46) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:26 am

Post by Lowell »

Well, lawrence?....
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #918 (isolation #47) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:23 am

Post by Lowell »

Unreal.

I can't believe we're going to lose this.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #920 (isolation #48) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:53 am

Post by Lowell »

Adel I can't seriously believe that you're not scum in this game.

How could you and Lawrence BOTH possibly be town. GAAAHHHH. My brain is spinning.

A vote for me is a loss. Count on it.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #921 (isolation #49) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:18 am

Post by Lowell »

Jayln, your thoughts, please.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #923 (isolation #50) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:11 am

Post by Lowell »

Fuck it. No guts, no glory.

vote Adel

Jalyn, if you're scum, good game.

Here's why I'm voting:

I reread the passages leading up to the Sir T lynch, which at the time took me totally off-guard.

As early as page 31 (is it post 757), Adel is already trying to connect me to Sir T... even before she says she suspects Sir T. That's a point against her. Then, for unclear reasons, all the caution she showed in lynching Sir T more or less disappears when I start pushing for Lawrence. Whatever. None of it fits.

Jalyn, on the other hand, after replacing on page 31, IMMEDIATELY starts attacking Sir T. While this could indeed be a scum gambit, I can't imagine it being so intense, or so... out of left field. There is no way, looking back, that I can see Jalyn and Sir T being on the same side.

In addition, I don't like the way Adel has been trying to set me up for DAYS (and I mean GAME days, not just RL days). The latest "can we agree to kill Lowell if Law is town" nonsense is another example.

Looking back, the relationship between Adel and Sir T seems to fit as a scumpair... at least, FAR better than Jalyn/SirT.

Jalyn, if you have any questions for me, please ask. I'll be happy to answer.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (isolation #51) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:32 am

Post by Lowell »

Oh thank the fucking lord...
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (isolation #52) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:39 am

Post by Lowell »

Jalyn, you need me to provide you for a case on my side?

Start with this: look at the Adel/Tornado interaction. Then look at the Tornado/Lowell interaction. Adel will WIFOM it away, I'm sure, but it's there.

(It's 14 moves away...don't move until you see it....)

Ripley was onto something. So was ABR, actually. Just not me.

ps- Adel (while Jalyn reads)... very well done. I very nearly voted for jalyn. ;-)
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (isolation #53) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:12 am

Post by Lowell »

1. Ripley did point out the oddness of Sir T's attacks on me. Clearly the fact that Sir T wants me dead (and conveniently ignored Adel) doesn't clear me, that could be WIFOM. But he did it out of nowhere. I didn't even suspect him, even as he was being lynched. Which, if we really wanted to cement my "towniness", would have been a lot easier had I, I don't know, PLAYED ALONG and voted for him. Basically, he ends up dead, and I end up looking stupid. I'm not sure how that helps.

2. Just look at the way Sir T and Adel interact. They avoid each other like the plague. Adel has no problem attacking me (nor I her), nor does Tornado. But they reaaally don't have aything to say about each other. I didn't care about this at the time, probably, because I assumed Law was scum and Tornado wasn't. But still.

3. I don't understand this quesiton at all. Who is the "he" here? Tornado? Who were the masons going for?

Jalyn, it sounds like you want to lynch me. Wrong move, I'm sorry. Adel, not to be "slick" here or whatever, but seriously, wow.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #933 (isolation #54) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:22 am

Post by Lowell »

GAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH how is Adel getting out of being lynched!!!!! IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oy.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (isolation #55) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:38 am

Post by Lowell »

BECAUSE HE DIDN'T WANT TO BE CONNECTED TO THE MAFIA.

If Adel is going to be lynched and he doesn't want to participate in it, he needs to come out STRONG against her accusers, so it looks like he's doing something other than just hesitating to vote. If he just sort of sits there non-committaly and doesn't vote her, then he looks bad.

Ugh this is making me crazy.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #967 (isolation #56) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:50 am

Post by Lowell »

Wait?? Jalyn picked me over adel???

What the hell is going on here? Maybe I
am
the last sane person on earth after all.

Anyway, good game all. Albeit a very, very frustrating one.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”