shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Sun May 13, 2007 3:05 am

Post by shadyforce »

Vote: d8p
Only room for one paddy in this town. :)
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #51 (isolation #1) » Sun May 13, 2007 11:06 pm

Post by shadyforce »

This is more of a general meta game comment, but it would the whole purpose of the "
Unvote:
" tag is to make it easy for the mod (and players) to keep track of who is voting for who, and how many votes each people has. But that only works if people specify the name of the person they are unvoting. The "
Vote:
" tag on it's own implies that you are unvoting the person you were previously voting, so using "
Unvote, Vote: xxx
" is quite redundant.

Unvote: d8p
because a random vote is no longer necessary.

I'm going to reread the thread quickly...
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Sun May 13, 2007 11:24 pm

Post by shadyforce »

I reckon we should look to the quiter players as I think scum are keeping a low profile.

So just to get things started...
Vote: Ripley
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #76 (isolation #3) » Mon May 14, 2007 9:47 pm

Post by shadyforce »

4 votes on Khelvaster now. I must admit though, I think players that stir the pot, and bandwagon shamelessly are good for the town, whether pro-town or not. It's a source of info both on the players that get bandwagoned, and the players doing the bandwagoning, especially useful on day 1. And the town needs to get pro-active or else we'll just run out of time and the mafia will win.

So I'd much rather leave the talkative provocative players to do their thing and start bandwagoning the lurkers, of which we have a few still. Aimee has said little, as has d8p, Earwig .
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #88 (isolation #4) » Wed May 16, 2007 12:55 am

Post by shadyforce »

Unvote: Ripley
Vote: pickemgenius

I've been reading back through the thread and there's plenty of little tells, but a lot of them point to pro-town. Generally, the mafia tends to be the players giving the least away.

I don't know why, but I'm getting scummy vibes from pickem but I can't quite put my finger on it. He has posted a good few times, without actually contributing much by way of analysis or opinion. His posts have just been random or quiet votes. He quietly put a second "random" vote on Shanba, and later quietly puts a second on Khel. Then as the pressure rose on Khel over the next page or two, he kept his vote there while saying nothing, happy to be on the bandwagon without actually looking to be driving it.

It's scummy behaviour.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #130 (isolation #5) » Fri May 18, 2007 12:20 am

Post by shadyforce »

Unvote: pickemgenius

Mod:
Can we get an updated vote count please?

Lots of good theoretical discussion on how to play day 1. I've always been of the opinion that day 1 progress is only made by random or almost random bandwagons... and I feel it might as well be on the lurkers than any active player, unless some serious suspicion arises.

But I see everyone is at least contributing somewhat, with the exception of Aimee but she has explained herself and promised to do so this weekend.

If there is no major source for suspicion, even on day 1, I don't believe the answer is to "keep quiet until something worthy of commenting on comes up". The town needs to start throwing it's weight around a little more, to make people nervous.

I'll do some analysing tomorrow (if I can - I may be going to a birthday party for the weekend). But if all else fails, I say that when the mod sets a deadline, that we just look at the most suspicious player, or the quietest player, and just lynch them (or force a role claim) just to keep the game moving. Anyone disagree with that?
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #134 (isolation #6) » Fri May 18, 2007 2:35 am

Post by shadyforce »

Well, I mean lynch the most suspicious player, unless that person has done nothing more than cough at the wrong time and we've nothing else to go on, in which case the town is probably better off just lynching the quietest as they are the ones who have had the least chance of giving themselves away if they are scum, and have contributed the least to the town.

*cough*Earwig*cough*
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #140 (isolation #7) » Fri May 18, 2007 6:24 am

Post by shadyforce »

I'm heading to that 21st this weekend, so I probably won't be on until Monday lunch time or evening.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #141 (isolation #8) » Fri May 18, 2007 6:26 am

Post by shadyforce »

Vote: Earwig
because I like Ripley's post. And because bandwagons are more effective than mod-prods.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #235 (isolation #9) » Mon May 21, 2007 10:27 pm

Post by shadyforce »

Just checking in to let you know I'm still alive, but very busy at the moment. I'll read back through the last few pages when I get a chance. Lots of discussion to catch up on, which is good.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #338 (isolation #10) » Mon May 28, 2007 1:21 am

Post by shadyforce »

Hi all.

My apologies for my absence. I said I was going to be busy for a few days, but unfortunately it extended longer than that. Also, I think it things might crop up again over the next few weeks, so rather than hanging on and maybe having to be replaced a few days into the game, it's probably better for all concerned if I ask to be replaced now while it's still day 1.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused. :(

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”