Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:47 pm

Post by Sage »

I did an old fashioned dice roll, with a physical dice. :-P

It told me to vote for OMG...but I'm not going to do that. He's mentally unstable.

Vote: Nyktorion
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:31 am

Post by Sage »

Why can't we bandwagon on me?
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:38 am

Post by Sage »

*sigh*

Remind me never to play in a game with OMG again
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by Sage »

In Triad mafia, OMG played the same way. He freaked out and got overdefensive based on two early votes. He more or less refused to defend himself. He compounded scummy action on scummy action until the rest of us voted for him. Then he self-hammered.

He was town.

Which is why the idea that he's one of our power roles fills me with dread. If he were just a townie, we could ignore him.
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by Sage »

Exactly why OMG is off the table for today's lynch, Elias.

One of two things will happen tonight:

(A. He's town (be it power role or vanilla) and one of the mafias will kill him, knowing he's a power role.
(B. He's mafia, but the OTHER mafia kills him, thinking he's a power role.

Either way, lynching him doesn't do us much good, as he's dead anyways.

Does anybody see a situation where OMG survives the night, now?
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:56 pm

Post by Sage »

I would have asked for clarification, but I assumed everyone already knew and my ignorance was a result of how little time I've spent on this site.

MOD: There's two mafias, right?
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:49 am

Post by Sage »

Yeah, I googled Dueling Gods when the opening post wasn't completely clear.

Nyk, my logic is mostly based on the belief that omg isn't going to convince us that he's town. Sorry, omg, but I don't think too highly of your playstyle...you don't seem to understand fully that the town is your team, and being able to say "I told you so" shouldn't be a reward. But that's the way you played Triad, and you're starting to show the same signs here. If you want to help your team win, please convince us that you're town. And by that, I mean start acting PRO-town!

I don't think No Lynch is a good option, Nyk, because it's our only weapon against scum. While it may seem easy to sit back and let scum kill each other, it'll lose it for us in the end. Also, the process of choosing a lynch victim and analyzing vote patterns is how we (A. Highlight possible scum for lynching and (B. Highlight possible scum for the OTHER scum to kill. Playing no lynch denies us that, even if it prevents us from lynching wrongly.

Why I don't think we should lynch OMG is because it won't really tell us anything. With the way he acts, nobody could really blame anyone for voting him. And, if his history is any indication, OMG would possibly self-hammer, removing another clue from us.

So my policy with OMG is to more or less ignore him. However, if he can turn himself around, act pro-town, and convince us to protect him...he may be of some worth to us. :)
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:36 am

Post by Sage »

I think OMG is a likely candidate for CES's protection last night, but in post 99 OMG said "the doc shouldn't protect me tonight, that's all I'm going to say." Would CES protect him anyways?

Of course, all that role-hinting would have had to attract the attention of at least one of the mafias, unless he's IN one of the mafias. If he is in one, then his "the doc shouldn't protect me" was completely true. :-P
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by Sage »

Gah! I was writing a post about how every time I've tried to make a post, either my computer dies or the website goes over its CPU quota and shuts me out. While I was writing it (about 4 hours ago) my computer died!

But I'm here now...I should be able to get this post out. I'm on a stable computer.

OMG, can we lynch you now so my headache can go away? The way you berate the town makes it hard to think of you as a fellow townie. If you ARE townie, it's bad play to alienate yourself from the town. So
FoS: OMG

I don't like your playstyle.

Squirrels, don't use WIFOM arguments. While I see now that I left a couple possibilities off of the table (obviously, OMG survived the night), but my post wasn't an attempt to look townie...it was a continuation of my constant position throughout this game: OMG is annoying. :-P

You are right, though, that we shouldn't accept OMG's claim automatically. I guess I'm just cautious from Triad mafia.
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #10) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:05 am

Post by Sage »

Squirrels is pushing a little too hard on OMG. I've been sort of teasing OMG all game, so I may look like a hypocrite for this, but I'm going to
Vote: Squirrels

Why? Because we're on a Day 2 that's pretty much a Day 1. We have little info to work with. Do I want squirrels lynched? No. Do I think we should look into SOMEONE? Yes! And now I want to know why Squirrels has such a grudge against OMG. My stance on OMG comes from having played with him before.

Why are you pushing so hard on OMG, squirrel? Is it just because he'd be an easy lynch?
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by Sage »

You were already voting for me, Squirrels. Pay attention.

An FoS wouldn't have had the effect I wanted to have. When you're faced with a couple of votes, an FoS doesn't bother you much. Another vote does that.

I will
unvote
, now, because now my point was made and I do not want to lynch him. Needless to say I still GMEOY
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #12) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:09 am

Post by Sage »

Need a vote count...
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #13) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:16 am

Post by Sage »

Good, only two votes on OMG right now.

Vote: OMG

Play better, stop berating the town, RESPOND to points made against you other than yelling "Idiot!"

It's getting harder to give you a pass just because "this is your playstyle." Your playstyle is hurting the town. If you ARE town, you owe it to us and yourself to stop taking actions that will get you lynched. If you continue as you are right now, you are very likely to get lynched.
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #14) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by Sage »

Unvote

Replace: OMG

In the meantime,
FoS: Utnut
for putting OMG at four votes. That's a little close to lynch for someone who is more annoying than scummy. If we can replace him instead of lynch him, we should.
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #15) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:19 am

Post by Sage »

Yeah. I agree with Kison. Nyktrion is tooooons more credible than OMG.

Vote: OMG
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:32 am

Post by Sage »

At this point, it'd be extremely honorable for one or two mafia members to give themselves up. You know, to give us a sporting chance. :-/

I'm gonna have to do a re-read, too. My semester ends tomorrow, so I'll try to get around to it on Tuesday or Wednesday. Hopefully I'll find something useful.
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:45 am

Post by Sage »

Vote: Nocmen

Kison was just theorizing...it's possible we have 6 scum here (although I certainly hope not!). Planning for the worst isn't suspicious in and of itself. Your accusation against him, though, is suspicious...in that it doesn't seem very well thought out at all.

Why do you assume Kison is part of the Spades? I don't see any portion of his post where he leans toward favoring one mafia over the other. The only reason you would "know" which mafia Kison was in is if you were in one yourself and knew he wasn't a buddy.

Still have to reread, but for now I'm comfortable with pushing Nocmen.
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:18 pm

Post by Sage »

Yeah, there's not going to be a counterclaim. That would be suicide. We all saw what happened to spades cop.

I'm keeping my vote on Nocmen. His story makes zero sense.

What makes me sad is that now we know there's two groups of three mafia. That means there's only two town left.
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:13 am

Post by Sage »

I think there's three. I think Nocmen scum let it slip. It seems more like a slip to me than an attempt to fool us. What would scum gain by making us think there were three of each, instead of two? Better for them that we thought there were two each, so one could hide.

Another point in favor of there being three mafia: the lack of vanilla townie roles. We've lost a ton of town already and NONE of them have been vanilla. Statistically, I would have expected to see one by now. I could be wrong, and there could be vanilla townies. The presence of one vanilla townie could prove the 3-scum theory wrong. But unless someone claims vanilla townie, I think we should assume we have two groups of three scum, plus two power-town roles.
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (isolation #20) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by Sage »

There isn't going to be a counterclaim. It would be town suicide.

Working on the theory that we have 6 scum and 2 town left (because I haven't seen any vanilla townie claims) a counterclaim would help get nocmen lynched, and, as has been said, the clubs doctor would be able to protect the cop. However, let's look at the situation:

The town's only weapon is the lynch. In order to lynch, a majority is necessary. It's impossible for the town to get a majority with only one member.

The clubs doctor can protect the cop against the clubs mafia, but not against the spades. At any time of their choosing, the spades could kill off the cop. The town loses because they are unable, in any situation, to lynch the last scum.
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #21) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:09 pm

Post by Sage »

Also, are we EVER going to hear from Sandy/SPAGS? Have they posted anything? At all?
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #22) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:16 pm

Post by Sage »

I'd also like to point out that everyone should be falling into one of two camps right now:

Camp A: Nocmen is lying, and I am voting for Nocmen

Camp B: Nocmen is telling the truth, so I am NOT voting for Kison.

Why not Kison? Nocmen said he wasn't a clubs mafia, and a spades mafia wouldn't WANT the real clubs cop to get lynched, because what's bad for clubs is good for spades!

Let's just assume that Nocmen is lying, because if he was telling the truth the town would be lost anyways. So if he dies and the town loses, it's not much worse than him living, getting killed, and losing anyways.
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (isolation #23) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:10 am

Post by Sage »

I'm here. I have nothing to add.

We should either lynch Nocmen or replace Spandy. Replacing Spandy is probably the higher priority, since Nocmen will still be guilty no matter how long we delay.
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #24) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:37 am

Post by Sage »

Mod: Replacement please?
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #25) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:09 am

Post by Sage »

I don't believe our mod has posted in the replacement thread for Spags/Sandy.

Mod: Still need replacement. Almost 300 posts and we still have an unconfirmed player
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #26) » Thu May 03, 2007 5:32 pm

Post by Sage »

Mod: Wake up please

Still no request for a replacement?
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #27) » Tue May 08, 2007 3:34 pm

Post by Sage »

I have limited internet access...just moved into a new apartment and I don't have internet there.

But...I can make it somewhere that does once a day. So no need to replace me.

It's good to see a replacment who plays, sweeny. You make me feel warm and fuzzy inside!

I'd support a replacement for Squirrels.

Other than that, I don't have a lot to say. I still think Nocmen is scummy scum scum. But if we can't lynch him, I'd be open to someone else...the problem with that is that I'm not sure who else I'd be happy lynching, so that means we've got a ways ahead of us.

Vote Count As of post 338

Utnut (3) - Elias, Nocmen, Sweeny
Nocmen (2) - Sage, Utnut
Kison (1) - Squirrels
Not voting (2) - The rest of you

Five to lynch!
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #28) » Wed May 09, 2007 3:20 am

Post by Sage »

This was the perfect time for scum to come out and claim cop. I explained it all very thoroughly before you came around, Sweeny...if the real cop claims, the town loses. Just like that. So it's a no-risk thing for scum to claim cop.

Therefore, I don't give his claim any merit, nor should any of you. The reason a cop-claim is so valuable usually is that the real cop can (and often should) counterclaim, so the lack of a counterclaim is proof. Here, there can be no counterclaim, under any circumstances...so the claim itself isn't that valuable.

Also, try and realize that if Nocmen actually was the cop, the town would already have lost. You need at least two townies to lynch, and if one our two were to die, it'd be game over.

So we lynch Nocmen and he's scum, we get a scum. If we lynch Nocmen and he's town...it won't matter, because the town would have been dead anyways.
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #29) » Sat May 12, 2007 5:44 am

Post by Sage »

Hm...I was afraid that, not having had internet access for more than three days, I would come back and have a ton to catch up on.

Are you guys all dead? If you don't agree with me about Nocmen, fine...but then SOMEBODY present a case against ANYBODY so that we can get on with this. Our job isn't to decide who
not
to lynch, unless we've decided to just eliminate people from the list until there's only one left, and then lynch them.

I hear people claiming that GSU is scummy, and mentioning him as a lynch. Explain.
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #30) » Sat May 12, 2007 7:48 am

Post by Sage »

That's because a 3 scum scenario is the one that makes the most sense. We either have one of two setups here:

3 club mafia, and three club power roles
+
3 spade mafia, and three spade power roles.

OR, alternatively,

2 club mafia, 3 club power roles
+
2 spade mafia, 3 spade power roles
+
2 vanilla townie.

We know that there are three power roles, because spades had a cop, a roleblocker, and a doctor. I assume it's balanced for clubs.

I'm convinced it's the first scenario. The second scenario would mean 6 power roles + 2 townies against 4 scum, which isn't the most balanced...and I haven't seen any dead vanillas, nor any claimed vanillas. If there's a vanilla out there, speak up! Otherwise, I'm going to assume we have scumgroups of 3.
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #31) » Thu May 17, 2007 10:52 am

Post by Sage »

Bleh. Thanks, GSU

I have consistent internet access now. Can't say I'll post a ton, though.

I'm the last townie. Deuce of clubs, Doctor.

Night 1 I protected OMG. Night 2 I protected Elias. Night 3 I protected Sweenytodd.

So unless there's any chance of the mafia killing each other off on the same night *crosses fingers*, this is me conceding defeat on behalf of the town. Good job, scum...whichever wins.

Vote: Nocmen
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #32) » Thu May 17, 2007 10:56 am

Post by Sage »

This also means you can all stop playing the fake, scared townie role *cough sweenie cough.* You're all scum, scummy scum scum, it's just a matter of which scum you are. And, since you know who your partners are, that means now you know everything. :P

The game is over, basically. We kill Nocmen, who is part of Scum Team A. Then at night, Scum Team A kills one member of Scum Team B, who kills the remaining Scum Team A.

I'm betting Scum Team B is Spades...so good job, Spades!
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #33) » Fri May 18, 2007 2:09 pm

Post by Sage »

What? Gah! How did that happen....

Good game...although I'm still confused.
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #34) » Fri May 18, 2007 2:19 pm

Post by Sage »

Ah...I get it. Videoguy stopped me last night.

Damn it!
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #35) » Fri May 18, 2007 3:20 pm

Post by Sage »

You're lucky that happened. I went after you last night, Sweeny. If Video hadn't stopped me, I'd have had you killed. Then the day would be a no lynch, and we'd go into night.

And I have Nocmen's nightkill immunity. Elias would have gone for me, failed, and I would have got him.

Damn it! I was so elated when you admitted to being scum...why in god's name would video protect you? :(
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (isolation #36) » Fri May 18, 2007 5:21 pm

Post by Sage »

Eh?
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (isolation #37) » Sat May 19, 2007 5:44 am

Post by Sage »

I want to hear an explanation from videoguy...the best I can figure out is that HE figured out exactly what I was doing and decided "I would rather Sage's mafia lose than the other mafia."

Bah :-P
Michael Jackson?
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #38) » Sat May 19, 2007 7:45 am

Post by Sage »

The CLOSEST game I've played. :-P

Gah!