Mini 1543--Natirasha's On Parole!(Game Over)

RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:49 am

Post by RossWilliam »

ah I'm here! sorry! gonna catch up on the 12 pages I missed now
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:12 am

Post by RossWilliam »

In regards to Goodfather and Katsuki, I don't see it being scummy to criticize the infamous rule six. I see it as an individually minded town player being worried that even if he or she is actively hunting and aiding the town, he or she might still get randomly lynched because the rest of the town is lazy or indecisive. Although town shouldn't be worried about getting lynched, because the point of the game isn't to make it to the end, it's to find scum. This isn't Survivor.

In regards to Selkies, pointing out who might be an easy lynch isn't good for the town. Even if you are town, you're giving information to uncreative scum about who would be a good target to pile on, and if enough people declare so-and-so to be an easy lynch, people are going to start seeing scum in them just because people are lazy
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:19 am

Post by RossWilliam »

Aronis, why did you unvote?
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:07 am

Post by RossWilliam »

In post 297, Selkies wrote:
In post 291, RossWilliam wrote:In regards to Selkies, pointing out who might be an easy lynch isn't good for the town. Even if you are town, you're giving information to uncreative scum about who would be a good target to pile on, and if enough people declare so-and-so to be an easy lynch, people are going to start seeing scum in them just because people are lazy
I'm not the head who made the observation out loud, but in many games players are familiar enough with each other to know who are likely lynchbait, who are bus-candidates if they are scum, etc. One of the places I look for scum is on the "easy lynch" wagons.
Why do you think scum would be found on the easy lynch wagon? When I think of people who would be targetted for easy lynches, I think of new players who have no idea what they're doing but are trying to keep up with people posting text walls, so they rack their brains and end up with bs, which gets them targetted pretty easily. Not that new players can't be scum, but I think new player scum tend to be quiet and stay under the radar and try to get as little attention as possible.

Which is why I think we need to pay attention to Aronis, and also to Mafiassk for saying we should leave him alone just because he's new, because if Aronis is scum, that's exactly what we should do if we want to let him keep slipping and scumming along
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:26 am

Post by RossWilliam »

Selkies, if we're laboring under different ideas, could you just explain to me simply what you mean?

And Bert, I haven't played mafia in a few years, so anything out of the norm is probably just me resharpening my rusty tools. That's also the reason why everyone seems to know each other already except for me.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:12 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

I called rule six infamous because "OOOOOH it's unusual!" and "OOOOOOH it's italicized" and also because it's apparently a scumtell if people agree with it or if they don't. It was something out the ordinary that caused some perhaps too strong opinions

Aronis, you pretty much just echoed Selkies, you just changed some words around, it reminds me of my shoddy elementary school plagiarism attempts. Be honest, did you read Selkies post before you posted or were you just having the same ideas? Selkies posts a lot, and seems to have experiance and speaks with confidence. I could see inexperianced scum thinking that they were a good person to jump in line behind and echo, because chances are they won't be the only one influenced by Selkies, and they can be active without making waves.

On the other end of the spectrum, you have the FourTroubles. Who think "hmmm, I have to be scumhunting, let's see, let me pick someone at random and vote for them. Do I have a reason? Nope. Uh.....,no, um, I don't have time to post a reason....maybe can everyone else post their thoughts on Ross and then I can pick the best theory and pretend I came up with it in the first place?"

FourTrouble, are you scum or just insecure in your scumhunting abilities?

Between the playing monkeying and experianced player, and the player throwing names out at random hoping someone will latch on to them, I think we'll find scum
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:14 am

Post by RossWilliam »

Out of the people I'm developing reads on, Aronis and FourTrouble, for what I just said. Aronis for monkeying a confident player, and FourTrouble for waiting for other people to give him the reason for his vote.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:29 am

Post by RossWilliam »

Do you have a reason why you're voting me yet or do you still need time?
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:11 am

Post by RossWilliam »

In post 411, zMuffinMan wrote:bert is scum

he hasn't done anything completely antitown, he hasn't self-voted and he hasn't asked to be lynched

Is this a joke or something from meta? Because I don't understand.

FourTrouble. Thanks for finally explaining your vote, but I think your preoccupied with how I play. Some people throw votes and pressure around and use that to find scum, I tend to think out loud and see what people respond to and see how they interact with eachother. You can call it cautious or unagressive, but in my opinion you're more likely to find scum in someone who is trying too hard or being ingenuine. There's no room for townies to be deceptive. And if I was going after easy lynches, I'd be campaigning hard against some who would have a hard time defending himself, this game has a couple. My vote isn't on anyone yet and it'll stay that way until I have more to go on. I'm interested in King Kenny and Kaboooom because I don't have anything on them right now, and I want to compare them to the people who are currently topping my scum list
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:09 am

Post by RossWilliam »

Can there be jesters in this game, or is that not in normal? Either way, I think Katsuki would be a waste of a lynch.

FourTroubles, how many times are you going to mention how skilled you are (but only on other sites?) Do you think if you say it loudly enough and repeat yourself enough people will eventually start to believe you?
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:53 am

Post by RossWilliam »

In post 515, Selkies wrote:
In post 514, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:wow shots fired

why is katsuki a waste of a lynch
Katsuki is either a jester, or he's blatantly over this game, which tells me town. Scum don't check out of a game on day 1
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:16 am

Post by RossWilliam »

In post 594, Selkies wrote:
In post 522, RossWilliam wrote:
In post 515, Selkies wrote:
In post 514, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:wow shots fired

why is katsuki a waste of a lynch
Katsuki is either a jester, or he's blatantly over this game, which tells me town. Scum don't check out of a game on day 1
Not implying anything here--are you familiar with the term policy lynch

I know what a policy lynch is, I don't necessary agree with them on the basis that even if a player is a pain in the ass to have alive, lynches should be directed at scum and not nuisances, even if said nuisances are just left to rattle around and make noise forever.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:05 am

Post by RossWilliam »

I don't consider anyone a policy lynch.

I said earlier that Katsuki is either a jester or checked-out town, but after hearing about scum using prod dodging to get ahead, that's on the table now too, I wasn't considering it before
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:11 am

Post by RossWilliam »

I can get behind this little Aronis wagon

VOTE: Aronis
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:13 am

Post by RossWilliam »

Did you think I was scum until before or after I voted for you?
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (isolation #15) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:28 am

Post by RossWilliam »

Wow, Selkies, you now know more about my history on this site then I remember myself. Clearly I wasn't exactly a distinguished player, and I don't plan on getting replaced on day two of this game.

Notscience, I'm down with an Aronis wagon because pressure makes diamonds, or something like that.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:30 am

Post by RossWilliam »

In post 695, Bert wrote:Oh...

I thought Goodfather's pretty town (i Lol'd when he/she brought up that "Selkies is scum cos post counts from past games" thing...kabooooom probably the most questionable (4 posts, although 1 post while easily fake-able seemed legit...could easily be coasting scum, considering his vote is from the RVS stage and it hasn't been removed since...)

you really want Aronis dead today? Only concern is how much info that lynch gives, but...

Also, Muffin - his responses to Selkies and co. haven't been particularly impressive, but then again what SEEMS town is he is being so guarded and is drawing attention to himself by digging himself into holes (by being so stubborn)....bad logic by me, but still...

You think being guarded and drawing attention to yourself and digging yourself into holes are town qualities?
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:25 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

It confused me too at first but then I found Bert's reaction interesting. Can anyone skilled with meta confirm that he actually does freak out and self hammer alot?

Aronis, if you're town, show me you're town. Don't just give up.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (isolation #18) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:18 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

Unvote: Aronis

IdiotKing, were you aware you just put him at -1 without mentioning it? Are you hoping he'll just "accidently" end up lynched?
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (isolation #19) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:05 am

Post by RossWilliam »

picking up prod.

I ruptured a tendon in my hand, so that's no fun.

Don't want to lynch Aronis or myself. I jumped on the Aronis bandwagon back when because I wanted to see what would happen if he got pressured. I see noob town. he felt pressure and is trying to help.

That said, what if there is no neighborhood and those three are the scum team? it's a genious way to save Aronis from all the attention he was getting. I'm not entirely serious about this, just what if?

its late here now and I'll catch up before deadline, we cant let the random death happen
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:34 am

Post by RossWilliam »

In post 968, notscience wrote:
In post 967, RossWilliam wrote:That said, what if there is no neighborhood and those three are the scum team? it's a genious way to save Aronis from all the attention he was getting. I'm not entirely serious about this, just what if?
I would be okay with a ross lynch for this line alone
I'm floundering! I'm behind, I don't think Aronis is scum and I know I'm not, and gut is pointing me to Nacho or Bert but I don't know. I'll lynch Aronis if it's that or deadline, but I'm going to hold out until tomorrow.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (isolation #21) » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:13 am

Post by RossWilliam »

I'm town. It's looking like it's gone beyond convincing you otherwise, but if you lynch me, please remember who tunneled into to certain aspects about me and genuinely think I'm scum, and who saw other people making mistakes and took advantage of it, I guarantee you there's scum on my wagon.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (isolation #22) » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:29 am

Post by RossWilliam »

Vote: Notscience

This is going to sound OMGUS-y now, but if I get lynched maybe it will make more sense maybe. When Notscience replaced into this game is when momentum really picked up onto people voting for me. I'm not a strong player, I've said questionable things, but until now I was acknowledged as weak town. When Notscience came in, I became scum on everyone's list. Bert is only following outspoken people. Katsuki's giving reasoning that doesn't make sense, I never mentioned his alignment.

On the flip side, while I appreciate Zmuffin adamantly not voting for me or Aronis, I don't think it's for the right reasons. If he's scum, he knows I'm not. And he's going to look really good when I flip town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”