videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:43 am

Post by videoguy »

Well this certainly got moving in a hurry. I also think OMG should listen to CES a bit, and maybe should calm down about 2 random votes on page 2. I don't see 2 random votes as "rediculousness".

Explain, let CES explain, and we'll be two posts closer to running up Squirrels on page 4.
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:29 pm

Post by videoguy »

Well, that still doesn't answer the question as to
why
it's craplogic. Perhaps you get lynched so often because your behavior doesn't seem to benefit the town. After all, all you've done 2 pages into the game is pretty much guarantee that we lose one of our role players before day 2 begins, and that's not helpful to the town.

Remember, as an individual, you win with the town whether you're alive at the end or not.
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:57 am

Post by videoguy »

And, blackmailing the town is hardly logical. It's something any scum can do as well and doesn't really help us figure out anything. If scum acted like you did, we'd just end up in D1 forever, with everyone afraid of voting for anyone else.

It'd be more helpful to try and help us figure out who is more likely scum than just shut down any attempt we make at trying to deduce the same about you.
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:07 am

Post by videoguy »

@cokebottle: Thanks for joining us! Haven't seen you in a while! Please let us know who your mafia partners are from your PM, I misplaced my notebook...
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:21 am

Post by videoguy »

I'd rather confirm his intel.

vote CES
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:32 am

Post by videoguy »

Elias_the_thief wrote:hmm. we dont know whether or not this guy is telling the truth. i think it's better to lynch him first to test him, and if that's true lynch CES, seeing as CES is the better player, and if it turns out not to be true, it would be best to have lynched the more expendable player (ie cokebottle) . If it turns out to be true, I dont think it will matter if we leave CES around to lynch tomorrow, because being a good player wont help you when you're pretty much confirmed scum.
I guess that's true. I was thinking CES was a slightly more dangerous person to keep around for D2. Although I guess the effect would be minimal.

unvote

vote Cokebottle
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:29 pm

Post by videoguy »

If there are 2 mafias and one has 3, thats a lot of scum. I'm confused.
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:13 pm

Post by videoguy »

If they both have 3, then it's 3-vs-3-vs-6, and they both have nightkills, this could get not-pretty fast.
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by videoguy »

The scum still have to kill the other scum to win, and remember they don't know who the other scum is--they only know their own team-mates. They're just as in the dark as we are.

I also say nay to a no-lynch. CB seems like a good idea today. If he comes up scum we can decide what to do with that information tomorrow, pending Sandy's arrival and further information.
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by videoguy »

Good points. We know there are Doctors and Roleblockers. We don't know how many vanilla roles or Mafia roles there are, though, just that there are two mafia--Clubs and Spades. Don't know why CES would protect Omg since Omg stated he shouldn't be protected, but it's possible. If there are godfathers that could make it interesting down the line if there are indeed cops after all.
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #11) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:53 am

Post by videoguy »

... and we still haven't seen Sandy yet, have we?
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (isolation #12) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:03 am

Post by videoguy »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:... unbelievable
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:IDIOT
I'm really getting tired of this. it seems to that if anyone brings a point against you, good or bad, you call them an idiot and consider it a finished thing. if you're going to call someone an idiot, at least explain
why
theyre an idiot. becuase what you're doing just seems like a way to get yourself out of accusations.
There might be scenarios where you're right about the person being dumb, but i feel you should at least help them understand the concept, thus making them a better player, and maybe help the town out a little bit. i dont like that you criticize others play and then leave them in the dark as to why you didnt like their play.
I'm getting tired of it too. OMG, I'm tempted to vote you just so I don't have to listen to it anymore. You really make it hard to want to keep you around.
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (isolation #13) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:33 pm

Post by videoguy »

REPLACE: OMG

For someone who likes to be condescending to the other players, you're really stupid about this game if you're claiming cop with only a few votes on you. If you knew how to play, you'd know when to keep your mouth shut with a role.
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:25 am

Post by videoguy »

I'm more than happy to
Vote: Omg
. Even if he's pulling a cokebottle, I don't care.
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (isolation #15) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:11 am

Post by videoguy »

"Whatever."
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #244 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:00 pm

Post by videoguy »

Nocmen:

You got an innocent on OMG N1 yet voted for him anyway on Day 2, before his false claiming and he went haywire (#177)?
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:08 pm

Post by videoguy »

Also, why would you put SPAG in your guess since neither he nor Sandy has even posted yet? There's no way that's at all helpful to town.
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:40 pm

Post by videoguy »

I kind of agree with GSU on those points, we don't need a cop to fully come out and counterclaim now yet since it's town suicide. We can cross that bridge later. We don't have to lynch Nocmen if we don't fully believe him, either, at this point.
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:32 pm

Post by videoguy »

Great Sir Utnut wrote: I think he is Spades mafia, because if he were clubs, the real cop could investigate him tonight.
The real cop, if there was one, wouldn't need to waste an investigation on someone who falsely claimed, because the cop would know he's the cop, so Nocmen would be lying.

That said, I don't know if getting rid of Noc right now makes much of a difference, or whether voting someone else for now would make more sense.

I also don't know if Sandy/SPAG had shown up before the lost posts, Mod, can we get a
prod on SPAG
? I'd hate to see so many days go by without an active person. I'm tempted to vote them just to get rid of the dead weight.
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (isolation #20) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by videoguy »

That's why I didn't vote, I am just frustrated by the fact we're in D3 and there's someone still unconfirmed. He is replaceable, but he's been replaced once already and nothing happened.
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (isolation #21) » Fri May 04, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by videoguy »

Mod hasn't looked at this thread since 4/11. I don't see any way we can continue with one person still unconfirmed, and a recruited replacement at that. But I'm here, just uninclined to vote.
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (isolation #22) » Tue May 08, 2007 7:59 am

Post by videoguy »

Great to see you active Sweeny. Thanks for subbing into the game!

As far as your post, first off it's impossible to convey the sheer frustration that the first two players were to deal with--Coke and OMG were absolutely impossible to deal with. OMG's logic was so flawed and he was just so terrible, my post was out of nothing but frustration with the whole situation. Like Noc said I didn't hammer him, but in a same situation again, though, I may have hammered--he was that frustrating to deal with. Normally I don't have a short fuse but that guy set me off somehow.

Anyway, without a counter on Noc I don't think he's the play today. It's entirely possible there's still a counter out there but that person's lying low for now and seeing if we can salvage the situation. So I'm thinking we just move on past it, table it for another day.

Off your list I've got GSU and Squirrels up there on mine, too. One of them might be a better play at the moment.
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #372 (isolation #23) » Sat May 19, 2007 7:56 am

Post by videoguy »

Unfortunately, when i figured out squirrels was scum, the mafia were all ganging up on GSU and i didn't log in in time to stop it, or maybe the town would have had a chance. Knew Squirrels was scum because his "are there one or two mafias?" bit from D1 only made sense if he was vanilla, so when he started w 3 vs 3 scumgroups the math wasn't there for there to be any vanillas from his perspective. But I didn't get here in time, but by then the town were hopelessly outnumbered anyway. :(

Like you said, sage, the only way Town could possibly win was scum killing each other at night. But the daykill of Nocmen made that impossible. I wouldn't have voted for him because I would have wanted to keep alive mafia vs mafia nightkills.

Once Noc died there was no shot at Town winning. Unless it really was 2 v 2, which I pretty much ruled out, or, somehow the mafia not being evenly matched, either way to keep that 1 in 100 chance I had to keep an odd number of people alive at daybreak. So I took a stab at it, nothing to lose for me. As town, I wasn't motivated to help both mafias win anyway :p.
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #376 (isolation #24) » Sat May 19, 2007 6:59 pm

Post by videoguy »

Sweenytodd wrote:Well, I would personally like to thank you videoguy... = ) And I feel REALLY guilty for telling Elias to kill you now.... :oops:
It's all good :) I was just working along the only possible scenarios where the Town could still win. Just how it worked out.
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (isolation #25) » Sat May 19, 2007 7:04 pm

Post by videoguy »

Great Sir Utnut wrote:Good game. I can't believe you believed nocmen.
I may not play another, because I'll probably be bussy right up until school ends, and I don't have the time, but after that...
I don't think anyone believed Nocmen, by then it was 6-2 in favor of the scums, they were just waiting to gang up on someone.
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (isolation #26) » Sun May 20, 2007 12:15 pm

Post by videoguy »

If only I had known the game setup beforehand!
videoguy
videoguy
Townie
videoguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #380 (isolation #27) » Sun May 20, 2007 12:16 pm

Post by videoguy »

livingod wrote:
Thus, if it weren't for the lucky doc protection, it was still anyone's game..

Well, that is, if Sweeney hadn't killed me during the night, which made all the cross-kills void.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”