M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (isolation #0) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:53 am

Post by M4yhem »

Whoa. It took me an hour to read through the game, but I'm finally caught up.

My take on the main issues:

On Omg's claim.
I think you played pretty poorly, Omg. Sorry, but that way you were acting before you claimed
was
pretty scummy, and your name calling and general attitude after you claimed did you no favours either. But, I believe you are the doctor as you say you are, which is a pity because you will probably be dead tomorrow.
Two questions for you:
One, which three suspects are your pick for being most likely to be mafia?
two, How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? It would really help me get a read on you.

I agree with what Adele said about Yamahoko (sp?). I think his reaction to Omg's weirdness was understandable, if not justified, and I think his role-claim should be left unquestioned for now, because it is much too early in the game for us to have two outed powerroles.

Adele and Pablito are giving me slight protown vibes. Adele reacted well under early pressure.

The scummiest person, imo, when I read through was Scotmany12.
Vote:Scotmany12
His posts seem designed to slip under the radar and I get the impression that he has no opinions of his own but is just trying to follow the flow of public opinion.

Riverwind is also a suspect to me. The whole 'I have a life' post seemed far too defensive for the time he made it. Also, he seems to be changing his vote alot to follow public opinion, similar to Scotmany.

I'm also getting a scummy feeling from Patrick, but I'm not sure why. IGMEOY Patrick.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:37 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Hm. Omg's not dead. Yeah, I know that you know, but I think it's a significant fact that bears repeating.
Three possibilities:
1. Omg is not the doc and is in fact scum. I don't think this is likely but it is possible. There might not be a doc after all; this isn't an open setup. Or is it? I can't remember. If there is a doc who hasn't claimed yet, they should probably claim.
2. The scum are playing wifom with us. I give this 97/100 in terms of likelyhood.
Yamahako may have put the idea into their heads. To me, this is not much of a problem. If the scum want to leave power roles alive to screw with us, that's fine with me.
3. A roleblocker stopped the scum kill and Patrick was killed by a vig. Probably best not to think about this.

Um...yeah. That was pointless. Let's move on.

Yamahako- claim if you think it's worth risking your life for.
I think Omg is about 99 percent likely the doc. I don't think of Kenji as cleared at all. We haven't seen the scum pms- They may have been told that a certain word is in capitals on the town pm as a sort of safeclaim. Assume nothing. For what it's worth, I don't have any capitalized words in my pm; probably because I got it after the rest of you. I don't think it's a good idea to rely too heavily on things like this. It's called outguessing the mod and can lead to a painful defeat.

As for who is scum, I still suspect Scot. He's being far too reasonable and he was on the riverwind lynch. Not sure about Ectomancer. I read through his posts and nothing stands out for me.
Jack wrote: It's interesting that we had two claimed power roles and neither of them died.
This comment disturbs me, Jack. If the scum are playing wifom, this is exactly the kind of thing I'd expect them to say. Seems like you might be trying to lead the town into thinking a certain way.
Vote:Jack
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:12 pm

Post by M4yhem »

This game is mad. Four claims and only two days? The scum has a huge variety of choice now.

Right.
One of the cops is lying, probably. There is a small chance that Jack is a paranoid cop with a wrong results on Pablito- but I don't think so. Of the two of them, my instincts say that Pabs is lying. Don't ask why; it's just a feeling. The self vote bothers me too. I don't think a real cop would vote for himself in a million years.

Not that I really need to do this, considering how the votes stand, but
unvote; vote:Pablito

Yamahako's claim bothers me because it's so hard to prove. For him to use his powers we need to lose our cop, which is not a situation we want to encourage, as town.

Hemisphere Dancer- you don't want to be investigated? I find it interesting you would say that. You weren't under any pressure at the time, so I wonder if you have a guilty conscience? As for myself, I don't mind being investigated. I have nothing to hide and therefore nothing to fear.

Speaking of fear, is it just my paranoia acting up or is this game too easy? Our doc is still alive (nice one, scum), our cop supposedly got a guilty on his first try and we have a plan which means we have guaranteed results for three turns.
I can't help thinking something is wrong with this picture but what I can't say.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:21 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Good work, Jack.
I will be voting Adele in a little while, but I think we need some discussion first.

Jack, since our sweet-natured doctor is dead, you are most likely next, so how about giving us your opinion on all the players here, to guide us after you've gone?

IMO, Ectomancer is looking pretty town because of Pablito's little crusade against him.
Hemisphere Dancer was protecting Pablito yesterday. Is she scum or just a misguided townie?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:47 pm

Post by M4yhem »

I can't believe it would be that easy.

But whatever you say.
Vote:Adele
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:49 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Yeah, I don't really like Cops. They take away the main point of the game for townies and as scum, I hate them because there's nothing you can say to prevent your lynch once they have a guilty on you. I'm mean, look at poor Adele- That arguement isn't going to convince anyone, is it? We know Jack is probably sane, because of Pablito's lynch. No dice.

I think there
must
be a third scum because a cop + doc + deputy versus two scum is overpowered IMO. Not sure who it is- I've been completely wrong so far. Still, we'll see.
Day isn't over, so we need someone else to vote.

Hemisphere Dancer, Adele, who wants to be the hammer?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:57 am

Post by M4yhem »

...wow Adele, that actually sounded plausible. Good job. You'll understand, of course, that I don't take my vote off. After all, we can't have millers running around confusing our cop.

If you are town,
I'll
follow your advice, I promise you that.

Yamahako- Yeah, Jack's had a great game, there's no denying that.

There's also no way of knowing what could have happened, and leaving Omg alive seems like a mistake on the scum's part.

I guess I'm just dissapointed that my play didn't make a difference one way or the other.

I'm a townie, btw. Normally it's not a good idea for us to claim, but since all the power roles are out and the game's almost over, I might as well claim.

C'mon deadline!
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:34 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Well I'm no blocker.

I'm not Godfather either. I'm exactly what I claimed to be yesterday; a townie.

Jack, what was it about me that you thought worth investigating? If it helps to salve your ego, a lot of people find me suspicious when I'm innocent (and when I'm scum ¬_¬).

I've had a feeling about Scot since the beginning, so I'd be willing to string him up.

There is another possibilty to explain why there was no kill last night; aren't the night choices also made under a deadline? Maybe someone was away and didn't get them in. If no-one claims roleblocker, we ought to take a look at the lurkers.
There's also the possibility that the scum deliberately no-killed to set up a claim.

Ecto is mildly cleared in my mind because Pablito was so set on lynching him. It could have been a gambit, but it makes him look more town than the others.

Kenji knew what the word in the pm was. I don't understand why Adele pretended not to know it- after all, Riverwind has said it in-thread. However, the fact that she didn't use it in her defense suggests it
isn't
on the scum pm. Which makes Kenji look pretty town. It's a crummy reason to clear someone, but there's no reason not to use what we've got.

So for me today, it's between Scot and HDancer. Of the two, I find Scot more suspect. I'm inclined to believe Hemisphere Dancer.

Vote: Scotmany12

Of course, if there's only one scum left, we have plenty of room for error. So I suggest we lynch scotmany, investigate Hemisphere Dancer and if those two actions don't find scum,
then
you can re-explore the possibilty of there being a godfather.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:46 am

Post by M4yhem »

Hey! Wait a minute! Have you all gone completly freaking insane?

What have I done that makes me so scummy that even being cleared by a cop investigation isn't good enough? I don't remember anyone making a case against me or suspecting me before, but suddenly you're all voting for me- why?
At least make a case that I can argue against, please.

Jack- you never answered my question- What made you think me worth investigating? Is there anything you want me to explain?

Ectomancer- I claimed yesterday because I thought the game was over. I'm a vanilla townie, nothing more. No great loss to you. Still, I'd really prefer to stay alive, thank you very much.

On the Godfather- I'm going to use Ocham's razor here. 'the simplest explanation is usually the best.' The simplest explanation for Jack getting an innocent on me is because I am innocent. If there
is
a godfather, there's no reason it has to be me.

Jack- you are being a little irrational here. Seems like you are twisting the facts to fit the story you want, for some reason, to believe. No-one likes being wrong, I know, but that's not a good reason to lynch me.

Yamahako- A godfather is the only logical reason for scum not to kill
the cop
last night, but they could have killed someone else and the godfather-clearing plan would still work.
That's why I think the most likely explanation is that someone missed the deadline.

I still think Scot is scum. I think he claimed nurse because he know how much people hate lynching doctors and because he can use emotional blackmail on Jack: 'I saved your life, you can't lynch me' that sort of thing.

Nurse+Doc+Cop+Deputy vs three scum, possible godfather= overpowered town in my opinion.

Okay, I've done my best. Deadline's a coming. I suggest you unvote me. I'd like to see Scot lynched for his flip-flopping ways but if none of you will lynch a claimed nurse, we can always no-lynch and have scot investigated.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (isolation #9) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:05 am

Post by M4yhem »

Jack, I'm town. I know giving the town two scum on a platter gives you a lot of leeway to behave badly, but will you please give me a reason for suspecting me?

How do you expect me to defend myself with no case to argue against?

How come you let scot off scot-free when he claims nurse but even an innocent result isn't enough to clear me? What have I done?

Now look, at the moment town looks like this:
Jack- obviously cop.
Yamahako- claimed deputy, no supporting evidence
Scotmany- claimed nurse, lack of night kill is a possible support for roles exsistance, no counter-claim
Kenji- claimed townie, knew 'the magic word'
M4yhem- claimed townie, cleared by cop investigation.
Ecotmancer- strongly attacked by Pablito, unclaimed.
HD-unclaimed, no special evidence for innocence.

On the basis of that, I will
unvote, Vote: Hemisphere Dancer

Is there anyone who can confirm Kenji's claim that a certain word is in bold in the townie pm?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:54 pm

Post by M4yhem »

I played very badly this game. I was basically wrong about everything and everyone. All the scum seemed pro-town.
Still don't understand how I ended up being lynched though.

Jack, you had an amazing game.

I think the setup was a little unbalanced in favour of the town. The speed of the game didn't really make must difference in my view; there were times when I was actually impatient for the day to end. Of course, that was because of the cop domination; once a confirmed cop has a guilty on someone, there's really nothing more to say. I think a watcher instead of a deputy and a roleblocker instead of a nurse would give the game a bit more variety and the scum more of a chance. Having the deputy get all the cop's results when he dies is also a bit much imo.

Still, the game was really fun. Arafax- will you please consider me as signed up for 102 mph whenever you decide to run it?

Good game, all.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:18 pm

Post by M4yhem »

There are other sites where you can play 24hr mafia. It's very time-consuming, for mod and players, so it only happens about once a month.

I think a game with a lynch at the end of every week would move at about the right speed. You could have a lynch every friday, and night choices in before sunday. I would run it if I had the experience.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”