Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:33 am

Post by Talitha »

I know that Coolbot played a cop-like role like that in the Newer York mini (Town researcher or something). So could possibly have been an info role.

vote: Quailman
- to give Macros some company up there on 2 votes
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:09 pm

Post by Talitha »

Well I think you can have a random vote for bad spelling, but if you want to be pedantic you would call it a random reasoned vote... :)
Some people think that a random vote has to be completely random with no reason whatsoever... but I think (even though a few people do use random.org to choose their votee) most early day one votes have some reason attached to them, but the vote is labelled 'random' because the reason is something un-mafia-related, or only weakly mafia-related. Eg. he posted first, he's first on the list, he killed me last game, he's new, he smells funny, etc etc. These all come under the category of 'random' for me.
Well that's my thoughts on the subject anyway :)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:55 pm

Post by Talitha »

*cough* you started it.. :P
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:39 pm

Post by Talitha »

-Notes that the deadline is only about 3 days away, and at a weekend-
I don't mind a deadline, but is there any chance of a few extra days Coolbot?

vote: just_nigel
giving him 4 votes (with 6 to lynch I believe)

Nigel, convince us of your innocence!
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:45 pm

Post by Talitha »

er,
unvote: Quailman
also
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:49 pm

Post by Talitha »

Sorry Darkblade - I missed what you were hinting at!
I noticed this post of mlaker's but, if anything, it made me less suspicious of him.
The reason is that I know for a fact that there are vanilla townies in the game. I am on. I am on the council, I have a "job", but I have no abilities.

Now I don't think other people should come out and say that they are regular townies, or that they aren't regular townies.
We don't want to narrow down a group of targets with useful abilities.

I just wanted people to know that there is (at least) one vanilla townie in the game, and that I have a job.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #39 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:50 pm

Post by Talitha »

I am on.
I meant "I am
one
"...
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #49 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:14 am

Post by Talitha »

Coolbot
- Any chance of a new deadline, seeing as many of us wont be here this weekend? Discussion seems to be picking up!

I'm going to
unvote: Just_nigel
- Still like to hear from you nigel!

I'm tossing up between voting for Macros or Quailman, both of whom didn't read my post properly and both didn't read Darkblade's post properly and voted for Morpheus rather than mlaker. Furthermore they both tried to distance themselves from the random-bandwagoning that was going on, while at the same time joining a bandwagon that might as well have been random (ie. had no good reason for it).
FOS: Macros & Quailman
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #56 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:37 am

Post by Talitha »

[quote="just_nigel]Talitha's vote felt suspicious too. It was the fourth such vote and the closer the vote gets to six without good reason the more suspicious I would become. Her vote was also couched in four defensive or apologetic phrases. These are phrases she could point to, to say her vote didn't really count once I was lynched and proved not to be scum.
1) She refers to the looming deadline so she leaves open the excuse "but I had to vote we had a deadline".
2) She asks for an extension so she leaves open the excuse "but I wanted more time to consider".
3) She lists the vote count so she leaves open the excuse "but I told everyone else to be careful".
4) She puts it on me to prove I am not scum so she leave open the excuse "but I wanted him to defend himself."
Based on my intuition any one of these one their own is fine, but all four of them in a fourth vote, based on no good reason - I think she doth protest too much[/quote]

Just_nigel - I haven't played a game with you before so you probably don't know that I am a fairly active player, even at weekends. However, I know that a lot of other people aren't able to log on as often as I can. When Coolbot put up a deadline that was only
3 days away
I wanted to get some action. You on 3 votes were the obvious choice to bandwagon. I wanted to hear from you before the deadline. Rest assured I would not have left my vote on you if you had spoken or claimed and sounded vaguely believable.

The fact that you're speaking
now
.... now that you no longer have the most votes, and now that the deadline has been retracted, makes me rather suspicious. Is there any reason you didn't speak up earlier?
Her whole argument is based on being a townie with a particular job on the council - yet she does not tell us what her job is. Why is that?
Well I wasn't the one being bandwagoned Nigel, you were. Why did you not claim? I was trying to give the town as much information as I could, without giving the scum too much info. Pro-towners don't make a habit of claiming their role if there is no good reason to, as it helps the scum with their role claims.

BTW. I didn't say I had a job on the council. I said I had a job, and I said I was on the council. The fact that Nigel hasn't considered this possibility makes me wonder what role he could possibily have... not one similar to mine obviously.

Ah screw it.
I'm just itching to hear his role claim.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #68 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:59 pm

Post by Talitha »

Do you have some concrete information Nanook? I don't think Quailman is going to come out and say "Alright - you got me. I
am
the serial killer."

How do you even know there is a serial killer in the game? We have no evidence of it so far.

So as much as I'd like to join you and lynch a scum, I don't think you've given enough info for the rest of us to believe you.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #70 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:13 pm

Post by Talitha »

Welp, one way to find out

unvote: nige, vote: Quailman

Thanks for the clarification Nanook. I think you did the right thing in coming out. If it turns out that Quail is guilty then I'm sure the doc will protect you tonight.

I don't think that your results necessarily mean that Quailman is a serial killer though. It could be that the mafia sent just one person to perform the kill.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #90 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:04 pm

Post by Talitha »

First thing - No mafia kill last night? I guess we have a clever doc (or maybe roleblocker). If the Arsonist only has a 50% chance of success then I guess that explains why they didn't strike on Night 1. Is there any chance that the mafia have a similar kind of kill restriction, maybe to balance the game?

Really tempted to OMGUS Macros because
he
irked
me
yesterday. But I'll wait until everyone has posted. (Looking forward to your quotes, Macros...)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #95 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:39 am

Post by Talitha »

From what I've seen there are usually 3-4 anti-town roles. I believe there is still an arsonist and one mafia out there.

Just-nigel - There's no way I'm naming my role just because
you
think I should. Your argument that there could be 4 (5?) mafia is just absurd. Your witch-hunt of people who have come out in support of each other, and your insistance that townies name their roles make you the scummiest person in the game IMO.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #99 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:59 pm

Post by Talitha »

If there is only one mafia left this search for a conspiracy is doomed to failure.
I think your search for such an overt conspiracy is doomed to failure regardless. In my experience, mafia very rarely come out in open defence of their comrades. If they try and help their buddies they are usually less obvious about it.
I believe you, Talitha that you think it is absurd that there would be four or five mafia, but why is it absurd that there could be four or five?
Because it would mean that the game is drastically unbalanced, and that the town would have very little chance of winning. On Day 1 we had 11 players alive. We know we have at least 2 killing parties because the mafia would not have killed their own player (*** see below). What you're suggesting implies that about half of the players alive yesterday were scum.

***Unless someone redirected the kill.... I hadn't thought of that possibility until now, but I still think it's more likely that there are two groups because of the different styles of killings.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #104 (isolation #14) » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:15 am

Post by Talitha »

unvote: just_nigel, vote: morpheus

I'm sorry just_nigel, I thought I'd seen you play in a mini game before. But I went and checked and you hadn't.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #106 (isolation #15) » Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:58 pm

Post by Talitha »

Morpheus, at this stage it's just a hunch.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #116 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:37 pm

Post by Talitha »

I am gonna
FOS: bloojay
- he's lurking.
I am too tired to say anything more meaningful tonight.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #127 (isolation #17) » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:44 am

Post by Talitha »

mathcam, you're
already
irking me. Just by being here.

Just kidding, welcome :D

Interesting underlining? I just do it when I want to emphasise a word.... It's comforting to know that my posts have been so closely scrutinised though :P
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #130 (isolation #18) » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:02 pm

Post by Talitha »

bloojay wrote:Sorry all...I've been ignoring this thread because I don't really have anything to say and for other reasons I don't care to disclose.
I can't think of any good reason to ignore this thread.

unvote: morpheus, vote:bloojay
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #134 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:05 am

Post by Talitha »

:shock: Why would you expect the bomber might want to claim responsibility mathcam?

Re : bloojay. I took it that he was referring to game-related reasons that meant he was not posting. If it's RL reasons that's different. bloo?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #144 (isolation #20) » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:00 am

Post by Talitha »

Any mafia left? No idea.... I suspect we have a few plain townies in the game, so maybe there were only 2 mafia and a bomber (or a weakened 3 person mafia). I think we'll really only know for sure tomorrow when we see if there's been mafia kill.
I will be extremely surprised if the bomber turns out to be pro-town, a replacement for a non-poster is not someone I would expect a vig to target.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #146 (isolation #21) » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:21 am

Post by Talitha »

OK. To try and inject some wiggle into the game I shall :
unvote: bloojay, vote Morpheus
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #147 (isolation #22) » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:22 am

Post by Talitha »

It's 5 to lynch and Morph has 3 votes. Do we want him to claim?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #154 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:11 pm

Post by Talitha »

We're in quite a sweet position as town, with 2 scum down already, and only one town dead. And because of that I think we can afford to bandwagon with intent to lynch (as mathcam has suggested). It would certainly generate the interest back into this game.

My suspicion of Morpheus wasn't based on lurking. It was really just a feeling that he gave me, that quite possibly meant nothing.
And if we're bandwagoning with intent to lynch then I'd rather potentially get rid of someone who is not contributing, than someone who I know will continue to contribute. Therefore:
unvote: Morpheus

And I'll go back to my earlier vote:
vote: bloojay
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #162 (isolation #24) » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:23 pm

Post by Talitha »

What result were you looking for j_n? Best if you have suspicions of me that you state them yourself, rather than prod others to do the dirty work.

This is the second time you've appealed to someone in this way. (Earlier it was Darkblade, now mathcam. Neither of them are confirmed innocents by any means.)

I'd put your statements down to a newbie lack of confidence, but I know you're not lacking in confidence after your vigorous expression of your suspicions earlier.

So I think you should probably claim. I can't speak for the others, but I wont vote for you over bloojay if I feel like you're innocent (from your claim).
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #172 (isolation #25) » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:10 pm

Post by Talitha »

I'm not sure how a bodyguard could protect from a bomb/fire... it doesn't quite make sense.

nigel, who did you protect on each night?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #176 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:35 pm

Post by Talitha »

He didn't ignore the rule. He might've quoted PMs from himself to the mod, which I do not believe is expressly forbidden. (I say might've because there's a possibility they could be forged.)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #185 (isolation #27) » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:23 am

Post by Talitha »

I'm keeping my vote on bloojay right now. His continued lack of participation does nothing to inspire my confidence in him. Assuming he survives the day, I'd like to request that the mod prod and/or replace him.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #189 (isolation #28) » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:17 pm

Post by Talitha »

Could someone do a vote count before we reach the deadline? And what happens at deadline if no-one has the required votes to lynch?

bloojay: A bomb squad is an interesting thought, but I was more hoping for a post about who you find suspicious and why, etc etc.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #213 (isolation #29) » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:42 pm

Post by Talitha »

Yay! Go Town Council!

... and thank you very much Coolbot, neat game!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”