M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:30 am

Post by M4yhem »

Hello everybody! I will be your Dodgy for the day.

A special hello to Echo and Spectrumvoid, who I've had the pleasure of playing with before. :) Flashbacks, Echo?

Anyway, I've read the thread, and I believe I will be voting Rathyr. He's been keeping his head down, and his comments have mostly noncomittal fence-sitting, or undermining the towns efforts at scumhunting by complaining about how much there is to read. Or at least, that's the impression I got.
Rathyr- Who do you suspect and why?

I think Luckay Luck's strategy is the ramblings of an insaneiac, but I find him relatively protown. LL, I suggest you try to adapt your style to these boards, otherwise you are going to be lynched a lot out of annoyance.

Echo- Who do you suspect, and why? I find the things you say a bit troubling; seeing you take a stance on something would make you easier for me to read, I think.

Vote:Rathyr
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:51 am

Post by M4yhem »

Bad idea, Echo. Looks like you are stalling.

Still, I really want to know what Rathyr has to say for himself. He hasn't posted much, but every post he has made lights little flames of doubt in my mind. C'mon guys, you get what I'm saying, don't you? This guy needs some serious pressure on him. Don't make me do a PBPA. I will if I have to.

Spectrumvoid- Thank you. 'Doing a m4yhem', heh.

Rathyr, if you are reading, defend yourself. I'm not going to go away because you don't post. I want to know why you are so hesitant to give your opinions, so early in the game.

Echo- your list of suspects contains a lot of 'could bes'. To me, not making a commitment to one side or the other is a bit of a tell- scum like to hedge their bets.

I also disagree with this:
Echo419 wrote: Seol- . Leaning towards scum because he appears to me to be getting in a lot of fights- not neccessarily scummy, but perhaps unhealthy for the game.
I think fights are
good
for the game. When people get emotional, they tend to slip up more, which can be useful for finding scum. Forcing people to defend themselves can tell you a huge amount about what they are really thinking. Plus I find them fun to read :P

I agree Seol's experience is scary, but I see no reason yet to think he's scum.

As for you, Echo, would it be true to say you are a fairly nervous player?

Since everyone else is doing it, my thoughts on Luckay's 'townie tells':
LuckayLuck wrote: Townie Tell #1: Does not end up attacking anybody while worsening their relationship with people.
I just don't understand what is meant by this at all. If you mean that townies are afraid to attack people for fear of making enemies, my answer to that is 'hell, no'.
But maybe you meant something else, Luckay?
LuckayLuck wrote:Townie Tell #2: I misread this post. I thought Echo was voting for me and admitting "it's aggravating, as it's such an easy excuse [to vote LL]". Now that I re-look at it, it's actually sort of a scummy post.
Why would that have been townlike?
LuckayLuck wrote:Townie Tell #2 (Real): A scum does not have this soliloquy with himself. This is a VERY strong tell.
I sort of agree with this. I think Echo was being very honest about his thinking, which is not, IMO, a scummy trait.
LuckayLuck wrote:Townie Tell #3: Calls himself a hypocrite. Yes, scum can do this to WIFOM, but the context of this means he is not WIFOMing. It ends up that this is a really strong townie tell too.
Again, I agree, It's the 'honesty factor.' But this can be faked very easily.

Also, Luckay, you realise that the scum can read these tells and then adjust their behaviour accordingly? What's your success rate with this strategy? How many games have you won?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:58 am

Post by M4yhem »

Lowell - It's ironic for you to go after the lurkers, seeing as you haven't said that much yourself.
LuckayLuck wrote:
It is very, very hard to fake honesty.
I strongly disagree.
LuckayLuck wrote: Echo, the scum CAN read these tells and adjust their behavior, which is why I have been reluctant to actually give a full explanation of what exactly constitutes townie/scum tells, but I don't have my success rate to point to on this site so I'm going to be a little more explaining.

Success rate = high, win rate = high, I can tell you that much :p
You talkin' to me? You must be talkin' to me; nobody else said anything like what you are replying to.

It is important to explain your reasons for suspecting/ not suspecting someone, because otherwise we have no way of knowing if you are making things up. Of course, when giving the town information you are also feeding the scum information on how to act. So stay alert, that's all I'm saying.

I have to admit your newbie game impressed me. I wish some of mine had gone as smoothly.

So, Luckay, what do you think of Rathyr?

IH- yes, a prod would help, but personally I'm voting Rathyr because his 'I'm-just-checking-in' posts for the sake of posting seem suspicious to me and I want to see how he defends himself.

Ripley- Why are you not in the votecount? Are you voting/ suspicious of anyone currently- if so,
who
and
why?

Chaotic
- can we have a prod on Rathyr, please? Thanks in advance. Also, Ripley is missing from the votecount.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:01 am

Post by M4yhem »

:x
Can't we just lynch you instead of having to wait, Rathyr? I mean, you are scum, right? You can tell me, I won't tell anyone*. :wink:
Sorry to lose you, either way.

I think fights which reveal probable townies can be as useful as fights which reveal scum, Ripley.

How can you not suspect anybody? I just don't understand. You must have some kind of idea? A twitch, a figure of speech, a glass eye- any of these can be a clue.

As for Luckay being scum- if he is he's in trouble because he either will point out genuine townies, which helps us, or establish clear links between him and his scumbuddies, which also helps us. Of course, noone is above suspicion, but I see no reason to mistrust him yet. Do you, Ripley?

Thanks, mod.

*anyone who isn't in this game, I mean.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:56 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Ripley wrote:
Seol wrote:But for now, I feel like going
vote: IH
You know people are going to ask why, so why not save time and tell us?
Ripley’s right, you know.
Why
did you vote for IH, Seol?
Ripley wrote: Sorry to disappoint you both but I cannot manufacture suspicion where none exists.
That would be good news if you were scum.

While I agree that the amount of replacements in this game makes it hard to follow at times (I had to check who Lowell was when he posted) there are still things that stick out for me, which are enough to vote for on day one. To not even have a gut feeling about anybody; well, I feel sorry for you, Ripley. However, I think you are being disarmingly honest, and so I don’t consider your lack of opinion scummy (at the present time.) Still, I suggest you have a read through, and if you get anything, even if it’s just a twinge, let us know.

Mmm-hmm. As for all the prolific posters being town, I disagree. There’s at least one who I consider a good candidate for being in a scum group with Rathyr. Can you guess which? The advantage, to town, of scum posting lots, is that they tend to slip up; which is why I like to go after the quiet ones first, to encourage the others.

Anyway, Ripley, don’t stop posting because you have nothing to say; it has never stopped me, as you can see.

Bird111- Who do you suspect? Why? Do you still want to play?

Echo- You about? You went quiet suddenly...

I didn’t get any anger from Ripley’s post.

Lowell- Do you find Rathyr himself scummy, or would you be happy voting for
any
of the low content posters?

Ogre- Hello. What an appropriate name. :) Some questions for you:

Are you scum? Who are your scumbuddies? Who do you suspect? Who do you trust? Why? Why? Why? Why?

Thanks.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:13 am

Post by M4yhem »

Ripley; spectrumvoid is away. She was ill for some of last week too. I’m sure that when she gets back, she’ll post her suspicions. Until then, I’m going to leave her alone, for obvious reasons.
Ripley wrote: Maybe that's enough of focusing solely on me now?
Yep. I’ve got what I wanted, anyway.
Ripley wrote: Did you find something more in Rathyr's posts than you've told us?
I get the feeling he’s being evasive, that’s all. That, and a basic lack of curiosity about the game. As if he knows the answer to the puzzle already...
which is why I’d really like to hear from you, Ogre, if you are reading this.

Actually, I agree that townies get into arguments more frequently than scum. For that reason, GC and Luckay both seem town to me. I give Seol enough credit to fake an argument though, so I’m less willing to label him town. Of all the ‘talky’ players IH’s arguments stand out, to me, as being the weakest, and I may vote for him once I’ve got something out of Ogre.

IH wrote:...LL you frustrate me. I would like to ask you a question about your spreadsheet though. What do you mean by style? Posting style? Style with pazzaz? My timely confetti throwing?
Trying to pick up tips on how to seem more town, IH? :P
IH wrote: .... I swear, you CAN'T just play this game like that. You can't write all of their actions down, put pluses and minuses in them, and expect to catch scum everytime. It's like you set a list of rules down, and expect them to work, like... the mind is a law of science. I do NOT agree with this. That is what makes a game of mafia so fun! It's unexpected, and you're matching wits with one another. Not turning it into a statistical game of tells. pheh
(Sorry for the rant)
Have you ever heard of Psychology, IH? The mind does work according to the laws of science. Anyway, why do I get the feeling that you don’t want us to listen to Luckay? Why would that be? Has he pegged you AND your scumbuddies already? No wonder you are frustrated.

Meh. I want to see a list of suspects from Ogre, so I can judge whether my gut is right. Until then, vote stays.

confirm vote: Ogre

Fos: IH
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:31 am

Post by M4yhem »

IH wrote:No, I don't think that you can go through a game, and hope to find scum by plugging plus's and minus's beside them. The mind is not set in steel, as it is clearly moldable, and people's actions change and such. Not everyone is going to go down the same path.
Scum players have patterns of behavior that they tend to display. That’s the whole point of tells, surely? I agree that not every scum player will display every tell, but assigning points to people is a perfectly good way to scumhunt, and I find your method-bashing suspicious. Noone is saying you have to use Luckay’s method, so why are you so bothered about criticizing it? What method are
you
using to find scum?

As for the other thing, I admit you have a point. Your question could be taken a number of ways.
spectrumvoid wrote:Sorry about this, break-camp got delayed due to floods and rain.
:o
spectrumvoid wrote:First off,
unvote
since I see we have a replacement, and my original vote was to get him to say something.

Bah, humbug. The replacement is not posting either. :x
spectrumvoid wrote:Now let me go take a look at who I find scummy. :)
Sure, take your time… :roll: :wink:

I’m not sure what to make of Seol’s giant Ripley post. I don’t find Ripley suspicious at the minute, though I can’t for the life of me say why. Looking forward to your dissection of IH, Seol, since it means I won’t have to do one.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (isolation #7) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:32 am

Post by M4yhem »

Darned quote tags...
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:56 am

Post by M4yhem »

Not really. I just felt that a post like that required some sort of response.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:53 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Seol wrote:Sorry for the double-post, but:
M4yhem wrote:Looking forward to your dissection of IH, Seol,
since it means I won’t have to do one.
No, it doesn't. I'll always explain my position (not always immediately, though) but so should you.
I was half-joking, although most of the points you raised were what I was going to say anyway.
Seol wrote:It sounded to me like you were trying, and failing, to rationalise why you didn't find him suspicious, which you thought was a controversial point of view. Would you agree with that assessment?
I moderately agree. I didn’t think my view was controversial (noone is voting for Ripley, after all) but I thought you might want a reason why, despite your points about him, I don’t find Ripley suspicious. So I was sort of pre-emptively answering your question, except not very well, admittedly. I’ve now remembered that it’s his honesty, his openness in admitting a lack of suspects, which makes Ripley seem town to me, despite the other factors.

As for IH, I also was not impressed by his case against Green Crayons, but it was the echo vote that really stuck out to me on the read through as being seemingly opportunistic (as echo himself points out straight after). I have to admit that I hadn’t noticed the vote-unvote thing, but now that I have, I think it needs explaining. To do it once by accident I could understand; to do it twice looks deliberate.
IH, response?
Fos:IH

Ripley- No, no, no. People are going to attack you in this game; sometimes the attacks will seem ludicrous to you but it’s almost never personal. Certainly, none of the things I said should be taken that way. I enjoy your jokes and would very much like you to stay. When I said I was sorry for you, it wasn’t a comment on your play, it’s just that I know how frustrating it can be not to have any suspects. I would be the last person to be snooty about other people playing record; I’ve played four games here, two as scum, two as town, and my side has
never
won.

Your theory about IH’s unvote-vote routine has as much merit as Sea-hole’s does. The important thing about this is; can there be a protown explanation for this? If IH was lurking, not paying much attention to the game, it might be a townie thing; but he seems fully engaged in the voting process; so what’s going on?

Speaking of Luuuurkers- Where’s Ogre? Where’s Bird? Echo also is veering towards the lurker zone- how long are we supposed to wait before asking for prods? I’ve never really been sure.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #10) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:46 pm

Post by M4yhem »

spectrumvoid wrote:c_d: bird has announced in another game that he's quitting mafia.
Argh! Noes! *Tears out hair.*

IH- You didn't really explain the vote/unvote thing, or a few of Seol's other points.

As for your case on Luckay, there are lots of things I could say, but I'll let him answer it.

Feeling slightly unmotivated, since my main suspect is
still
not posting, and I’m loath to move my vote elsewhere in case Ogre slips off the radar entirely.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:00 am

Post by M4yhem »

I don't buy IH's reasons for suspecting Luckay at all. I think it's a distraction tactic to get the heat off of him. Luckay is an easy target in some ways. I could say more, but I really what to see Luckay's response to all this is, and Seol's as well.

My current theory is that Wolfsbane, IH and Rathyr are scum together. I get the feeling that Wolfsbane was protecting Rathyr with his attack on Dodgy early in the game and IH's and Wolfbane's arguements so far just don't ring true to me at all.
Of course, this is only a theory and I'll try to keep an open mind, given that I've been wrong before, but I thought I'd put this out there, see what the rest of you thought of it.

Ogre has been prodded. Until he gives a satisfactory defense, or an analysis of the game, my vote stays exactly where it is.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #12) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:46 pm

Post by M4yhem »

spectrumvoid wrote:Is it just me, or is m4yhem always doing this: I can say more, but I'm waiting for so and so thing?
It’s just you. :P

Meh. I just don’t want to dominate the conversation all the time, that’s all.

IH- What do you think of me linking you with Wolfsbane and Vaughn? What do you think the chances are of Wolfsbane and/or Vaughn being scum?
Is the Luckay vote just an attempt to get people off your back?

Hi Vaughn! When you are done reading, some questions to get you started:
Who do you suspect?
Who do you trust?
Why did you give the answers you gave to my first two questions?
I’m currently voting you for being noncommittal and keeping your head down, both of which I believe are scummy behaviors.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #13) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:46 am

Post by M4yhem »

IH wrote: I AM OUTRAGED AND AM IN UR BASE KILLING ALL UR D00DS!
If only this was your actual reaction; it would make life so much easier...
Also, I swear I locked my door before I went out.

As for reasons- You and Wolfsbane have both been moderately active, not taking the lead but participating just enough to look town. You’ve been ‘misunderstanding’ people a lot, as Seol pointed out, which is a definite scum trait. Your’s and Wolfbane’s cases look, to me, like they are held together with sellotape. Then there’s the fact that you keep undermining Luckay’s scumhunting technique, which is a weak tell in my mind, because you might be trying to get us to ignore him.

With Rathyr, it’s mainly gutfeeling. He seems uninterested, but still seems to be trying to maintain a presence in the game (at least, until recently). I think an uninterested townie would just leave. And Wolfsbane seemed to be protecting him earlier, as I said.

Well, that’s something to chew over; I probably won’t be posting much again until Wednesday, so I’ll wish you all a happy Christmas, or if you don’t celebrate Christmas, have a happy next few days.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #14) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:24 am

Post by M4yhem »

Vaughn wrote:Echo is scum
Seol is protown
Why?
Vaughn wrote:I mean, just looking at the dialogue between GC, LL and Seol, you realize that one of them is scum.
No, I don’t realize anything of the sort. Why do you say this?
Vaughn wrote:I'm a gut feeler, so i don't do pbpa, but I can ring up some quotes that will explain why i think Echo's scum.
Do it!
Vaughn wrote:But moving on... I'll attempt to jumpstart the discussion by proposing: Echo/LL are our scum, with LL trying to cover for Echo.
I think this is unlikely, because it would be kind of obvious. Besides, Luckay has announced lots of other people to be town- Why pick Echo as his scumbuddy and not GC or Seol?

What does your gut tell you about Wolfsbane, Vaughn? What does it tell you about IH?

Vaughn wrote:Echo should be out of this town. When he pulled a "sorry, I can't reply right now" when questioned by Seol, it became apparant that Echo's all fluff.
Maybe he was busy, rather than it being a scum master plan?

I find your case against Echo a little thin, Vaughn.

Masterchief- Hello. please post soon.
wolfsbane wrote:I suppose it's just coincidence that you take issue with this and you are Dodgy's replacement?
No. I paid more attention to what happened to Dodgy than to the other players. That’s only natural, really. I still think it was a dodgy reason to vote someone though, and it fascinates me that you admit yourself that the case was weak. Are you sure you didn’t know that at the time?
What do you think of the idea that you are scum with IH and Vaughn, Wolfsbane?

Also, there is a 4 in my name. Please remember next time.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (isolation #15) » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:23 pm

Post by M4yhem »

wolfsbane wrote: You seem to have a double standard here. You say Echo was probably busy, but Rathyr is scum for lurking.
Echo has done other things that lead me to think he is town. Rathyr is scummy to me, not just for his lack of posts, but also for the general vibe of disinterest that his actual posts give off.

Why do you suspect Ripley, Wolfsbane?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:16 am

Post by M4yhem »

Ripley
did
let us know where he stood. Not having any suspects is understandable at this stage of the game; it's people who make up their suspicions that we need to beware of.

Things that make Echo
seem
town: his honesty, his obvious confusion, his attempt to prevent two people he saw as town from fighting.

Where is everyone? I know Spectrumvoid and IH are away, but what about Green Crayons, Seol, Masterchief, Luckay? Where are you guys?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (isolation #17) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Boo to Replacements! Boo I say!

Happy New year everybody.

unvote, Vote: IH
because we seem to have stalled and I wasn't that happy with his response to Seol's points.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:10 am

Post by M4yhem »

IH is scum, not Echo. Echo is just a protown patsy. Vote IH! Lynch IH!

Discuss.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:31 pm

Post by M4yhem »

...we all did.

C'mon people, what's the hold up? Find scum- lynch scum- party!
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (isolation #20) » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:22 am

Post by M4yhem »

Green Crayons wrote:I'm curious if M4yhem's requests from Raythr and ogre (posts 181 and 220, respectively) extend to Vaughn.
Vaughn has already given his suspect, and some form of reason for voting for him. So the particular need is satisfied. I would like to hear what Vaughn thinks of IH as mafia, and what he makes of LL's defense of Echo.

Why did you ask?

I'd be happy with a bandwagon on IH to keep things moving.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (isolation #21) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:37 am

Post by M4yhem »

I guess I believe that claim. Sorry, IH.
unvote

Spectrumvoid- Masterchief is our new Echo, I think. Although he hasn't posted at all.

Back to vaughn then. He's still borderline lurking, and that case against Echo wasn't very convincing.
Vote:Vaughn
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #22) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:07 am

Post by M4yhem »

unvote, Vote: Wolfbane

because he's scummy and the rest of you are doing it.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (isolation #23) » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:34 am

Post by M4yhem »

Wolfsbane- you should probably defend yourself in some way. Or just, y'know, give up if you're scum.

I'd be fairly happy with a lynch at this stage, but Wolfsbane should obviously claim first and so forth.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #24) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:05 am

Post by M4yhem »

You astonish me, Wolfsbane. You're about to be lynched here- surely you want to avoid that if at all possible?

My vote is on you because of the weakness of your cases against ripley and echo. I just don't think anything you've said so far has been genuine. I get the feeling you're making cases for the sake of it- how do you respond?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #25) » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:52 am

Post by M4yhem »

My first reaction is to disbelieve the claim, because it sounds like you made it up.
How do you call your fairy godmother? Do you have to do anything specific?
Still, I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks.

As for the rest of your post- My thinking on you is pretty simple. I don't like any of the cases you've pushed so far- they don't hang together right, IMO. Naturally, if I don't think the cases you were pushing are sound, I will wonder why you are pushing them. And the obvious conclusion is because you are scum.

Now, I could be wrong. But your behaviour so far hasn't convinced me that it's not worth testing my theory- by lynching you.
I'm sorry if I'm wrong; is not personal, just the way the game is played.

Spectrumvoid- No comments at all? Just an unvote? You make me sad.

Other wolfsbane voters- What do you think of the claim? Anyone have reason to doubt it? Or believe it?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (isolation #26) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:17 am

Post by M4yhem »

Glad to see this game again.

I think your speculation is reasonable, CES.

Okay, so Wolfsbane was scum.
I believe CES is non-mafia, seeing how strongly he pushed on the Wolfsbane wagon. Luckay started the wagon, so I think he is cleared for similar reasons.
And IH is almost certainly what he said he was, since Gretel is dead.

My current suspects for mafia:
Vaughn- I still think Wolfsbane was protecting him early in the game.
Spectrumvoid- placed the hammer vote, which could be a way to avoid attracting suspicion. I got the feeling she was avoiding talking about Wolfsbane.

Green Canyons- might have been trying to derail the Wolfsbane wagon, as pointed out by CES. Unlikely to be scum with Vaughn, I think.

I'd like to here more from Lowell, because I keep forgetting he's in the game.

And I'll
vote: Vaughn
to kick things off. Vaughn- I demand content from you! Your case against Echo, confirmed townie, was weak, and you have connections to Wolfscum. Explain yourself!
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (isolation #27) » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by M4yhem »

I am extremely happy with the pressure on Vaughn, but I don't really understand where the mistrust of me is coming from.

Luckay- what have you got against me?
IH-Why the fos? Also, why is CES 'a close second?'

Vaughn- IH has quoted the relevant posts. I'd be
extremely
interested in what you have to say in response. Also, who's your top suspect?

Spectrumvoid- I will buy your 'away' explanation for now. Have you had a look at Vaughn? What do you think?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (isolation #28) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:46 am

Post by M4yhem »

:(

To be fair, it won't take you long to post another one; he's not exactly prolific.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #29) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:48 am

Post by M4yhem »

Chaotic
-Prod Vaughn please?

Not sure I like the speed of this wagon. So much agreement in the town always makes me nervous. Of course, Lowell is dissenting. Perhaps that's a good sign.

Despite CES's priceless comedy, I agree we should wait to hear from Vaughn.

Luckay- My interation with Wolfsbane may look fishy to you, but it's pretty straightforward actually. I'm very insecure about my scum-finding abilities (with good reason. I believe this is the first time ever I've been on a scum lynch.) and I hate lynching townies, so I was giving Wolfsbane a couple of last-minute pokes to see if I'd got it right. Luckily, he responded in a reassuringly scummy way.

You've also neglected to mention that I was one of the first to make a case against Wolfsbane. I may not have voted for him then, but I certainly put a spotlight on him. Yes, it could have been distancing, but so could your vote for him, which incidentally, you never gave a reason for.

What was your reason, anyway?

As for Dodgy, he always seems to live up to his name. Echo would back me up on this, if he hadn't been brutally murdered.

I intend to treat IH as cleared from now on.

I disagree with you, Luckay, that Lowell's vote was placed in a townie way. In my experience, the last votes on a scum wagon are likely to be scum themselves, which means we should keep an eye on Lowell and Spectrumvoid.

Lowell- What is it you find suspicious about Spectrumvoid?

Green Crayons- What prevented you from voting for Wolfsbane? What do you make of CES's claim that your Vaughn vote was an attempt to start an alternative bandwagon?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (isolation #30) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:22 am

Post by M4yhem »

Lowell wrote: As for you, if you don't like the speed of this wagon, TAKE YOUR VOTE OFF!! I don't like where this is going... are you setting yourself up for a "see I was right to be suspicious" after we kill the vig?
It’s not my vote that’s the problem for me. I know my own intentions.
Lowell wrote:Speaking of, why is no one interested in talking about this idea that Vaughn could be a power role? The posts he has made do have the flavor of someone laying low to me.
Several reasons. Like Spectrum says, it’s not a good idea to give possible scum a clue about what claims we are likely to believe from them.

Second, speculation about power roles is usually bad because it gives scum information that they can use to hunt for power roles later. For example, from the way you talk about Vaughn it seems pretty clear that you yourself are not the vigilante.

Also, speculation is a waste of time. If Vaughn
is
the vig, he can tell us himself (or his replacement can); if Vaughn isn’t the vig, and isn’t lying scum, he’ll also tell us that himself. What do we gain by speculating?

Some more questions for you, Lowell: How many games have you played? Have you ever heard of fishing? If Vaughn is the vig, why do you think it’s a good idea to tell everybody that? What made you vote Wolfsbane yesterday?

IH- mini 399?

Crayons- Who do you think we should be voting for then? I agree the Wolfbane-Vaughn connection is one-sided, but what else is there to go on?

Voidy- I see the contradiction. I believe an explanation is necessary.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #31) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:26 am

Post by M4yhem »

Whoops. Hi lowell.

Quick response.
1) Where's your proof for this? I asked her to explain some of her actions and she has- how is that too much?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (isolation #32) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:26 am

Post by M4yhem »

IH wrote: I think it's the latter, from mini 399
I was wondering what you meant by this.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (isolation #33) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:14 am

Post by M4yhem »

Vaughn- If you are town, why aren't you claiming? We are going to kill you if you don't claim, you realize that?
As for your 'defense', I'm unimpressed. What would Wolfsbane gain from buddying up to a lurker? I don't believe he would gain anything. As for you just saying 'wifom' to point five, you need to do better than that. I asked Wolfsbane to comment on IH as well; his reaction was totally different.
This is no lack-of-evidence wagon, despite your attempts at ridicule. We have more than enough to lynch.

Green- Do not misrepresent me. I did not say the case was weak- I said that the connection was one-sided. A one-sided connection is still a connection. And of course I don't think anyone else is more suspicious- Vaughn is my top suspect, which is why I'm voting him. I do believe he's suspicious- that's why I'm voting him.
My 'what else is there to go on' is actually a question to you. Who else do you think we should be voting for?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (isolation #34) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:52 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Bah.

Um...modkills for everybody?

:(
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (isolation #35) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:11 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Well I'm glad you got the people who killed me. Luckay Luck - Well done for fooling me; I thought it was Green Canyons right up to the end. You tricksy man- a pity for you I wasn't alive at the end.

Good job town. I can't really pretend to be happy though- if I had my way, you'd all be dead! *Shakes fist*

Who killed me? And for what reason? Did anyone suspect me of being the SK?

I killed masterchief, for lurking, and spectrumvoid, because I was afraid she'd work out who I was.

C_D- I thought the game was well run and I enjoyed your write-ups. I thought the setup was pretty well balanced although I would have liked a nice toy like investigation immunity or nightkill immunity or something.

Now to go and roast marshmallows on the burning souls of sinners...:)
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (isolation #36) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:13 pm

Post by M4yhem »

LuckayLuck wrote:M4yhem, I thought you may have been a cop. :) *bang*
Aha. I was trying to earn some credit with the town by lynching mafia. Guess I overdid it.

CES- For what reason did you kill Echo?
lol at the Seol thing.

I have to say I think the mafia were a bit overpowered in comparison to me. Not only were there three of them, they also had a super-powered godfather.

Nevermind though. Luckay- I will have my vengance at some point, I assure you. :P
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (isolation #37) » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:46 am

Post by M4yhem »

;)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”