spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #69 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:36 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

The usual Romanian tactic again. Bamboozle everybody with lawyerly speech. And abrupt shift in tone. I resent that 'taken to school remark.' I was a newbie in that game (still am, actually), but that definitely sounds derogatory.

I'll be busy this 2 days because of uni stuff, so you all won't hear from me for a while.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #81 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:59 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Well, I couldn't stay away from mafia so here's a quickie post:
Rosso Carne I find your lynch-hungriness distrubing.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #129 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:39 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I'm back. Give me a while to check everything before I add my views.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #130 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:55 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

First off,
unvote
I'm a little disturbed by how fast that bandwagon went. I don't blame Romanus for snapping (I mean... he got really close to being lynched really fast), and I don't see it as scummy behaviour.

I don't like Lumos's post #114. Sounds like one of those: oh well, lynch me and then you'll know you were wrong arguments, aka giving up. I read somewhere on the mafia wiki that that's a pretty good scum tell. Also, I agree with crashtext's #94 (about Lumos joining the bandwagon).

vote: lumos

I don't know what to think of Rosso. Well, it's true that aggressiveness can be a playing style, but pushing too hard too fast for a lynch D1 is never a good thing.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #162 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:29 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Lumos if this isn't 'entertaining' for you, ask for a replacement. Please. Before we lynch.

Lumos has provided nothing in her defense so far. Well, nothing except the 'lynch me and you'll be sorry argument.' I can't help but remember the 100mph game, where town lynched a lousy player using the same defense, but turned out to be town. For now, my vote stays where is it, until someone else gives off scummy vibes.

I don't blame Colonel for his irritation at Anix. We don't need a player who lurks and doesn't do anything before endgame, because he might get killed way before that and won't help town at all. (That's what I think is meant by the 11th hour thing, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.) Instead of Colonel, I think Anix needs an
FOS
Because he isn't contributing, and frankly, his attitude makes me irritated. But I won't change vote for now, because I haven't decided whether I'm suspicious of him because I think he's scummy, or because I'm irritated, which is a personal thing and not game-related.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #165 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:40 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I know. That's why I didn't vote for Anix. I checked out some games he played, and well... I believe his lurkiness might just be his normal playing style now. Grrr...
removes fos
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #173 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:53 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Romanus: pls explain why you don't like Lumos for the lynch? Is there any reason other than you just feel she's a townie playing badly?

Oooo is that defensiveness I spy?
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #205 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:17 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

First off,
unvote
This doesn't mean that I don't think that she's scummy. I still think that she's scum, not just a newbie player who made mistakes. It's because there's something else more interesting going on, and I think that we have heard all that Lumos and her defender (Romanus) has to say for the moment, the defense is getting repeated.

I'd just like to do a short summary of what Romanus has done this game. Vote lumos, unvote, vote colonel kurtz, unvote, and vote rogue two. And state that she thinks Lumos and mikeburnfire are townie. (I think that the reasons are not strong.)

This does seem like a mafia player who jumps around voting people. Also, Romanus is skilled, as in he doesn't just vote, he puts reasons that seem to make sense. It seems scummy to me because he confuses the town. He could also either be trying to dissociate himself from the other mafia, by voting then changing his mind, and/or to defend his fellow mafia, by accusing other people when it looks like his fellow mafia are close to being lynched. While being vocal and provoking discussion is a pro-town behaviour, I feel that Romanus has been jumping around way too much.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #222 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:11 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I will not vote until we have heard from everyone. (Well, almost everyone, except Anix). It'll be better for us if everyone speaks. After we lynch today, we'll have more info to discuss tomorrow. Quick-lynching = bad.

@Romanus: I didn't forgot the 1st Colonel vote, I just thought it was a random one since it was so early on in the game. Hang on for the role-claim.

@Colonel Kurtz: You're assuming we have a doc.

My views about the Anix issue: If he doesn't post at all, is it possible to get him replaced? If not, yes, I want him to die.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #251 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:22 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Fixed my account, thanks to Jeep.
vote: Anix
No one else seems scummy to me, and I've explained my reason before. (the irritation thing). Since Romanus seems to have some power role, and the mod said that he didn't disclose everything.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #266 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:41 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Well, instead of Lumos, I'd rather lynch somebody who doesn't contribute to the game at all. See, after we had some votes on Anix, he talked. The gambit worked.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #273 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:33 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I'm not trying to just lynch people who are unhelpful. I'm trying to lynch people whom I think we will get very little or no information from. Who would you rather have in endgame or lynch-or-lose, Lumos or Anix? I'd rather keep Lumos, since we can always lynch her later. It'll be easier to decide to lynch her then since she's already emitted some scummy vibes. (Notice I said VIBES, nope, it isn't definite.)

With that said, of course I'm willing to vote Lumos if the spike on my scum radar goes up.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #287 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:08 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

I don't understand what was scummy about that post... I meant that since Lumos only seemed a little scummy, we should go after someone who seems more scummy. And go after her later when we've gotten rid of the more scummy person, or people who do not contribute at all. Did I confuse anyone?

I'm not sure if this is a valid defence, but if I was scum, wouldn't I have pushed for Lumos's lynch, instead of away from it?

Anix: Yes... You rock and everything... so your defence is if you survive till endgame, you'll come up with some great theory and we'll win. I see one major hole: you may die before endgame. Then you won't have helped anyone at all. What kind of mafia player are you anyway, if you just lurk or post comments that do not tell us what you think of the players and the game? I think most mods have 'please contribute/participate' or something in the rules.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #300 (isolation #14) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:55 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Black-and-white thoughts about lumos: I didn't say I knew she was DEFINITELY scummy (which is what many people seem to be thinking I said). I said she might have done some things that set off a LITTLE scummy vibes. So I wanted to shift the focus to someone more experienced, poke a couple of them to see who pinged on my scummy radar... I don't know whether I'm not being clear or no one's understanding me. Oh well. I guess I have to rethink this theory of mine. I tried it out in an IRC game earlier and everyone said it was a good idea. Hm...

Seems like no one wants to lynch Anix. And my vote on him is going nowhere. I guess I'll just have to remind myself not to play in the same game as Anix next time before I get so irritated by his 'I'm so good I'll save everybody in endgame' theory.

Colonel Kurtz, you were like so impassioned. Giving that 'I'm royally pissed' at Anix speech a few posts above this... And then you say you think I'm scummy and vote me. Either you're supertemperamental/having some kind of mood swing or the passionate Anix speech was a lie.

Reason for voting: Anix bandwagon is going nowhere, I don't like his vote on me, and to save my own skin.
unvote, vote Colonel Kurtz
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #301 (isolation #15) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:56 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

To clarify: the 'his' in my last sentence refers to Kurtz, not Anix.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #313 (isolation #16) » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:47 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Oh crap. Now I understand where the 'spectrumvoid is scummy' thing is coming from. **** (mutters expletives) I was scummy. Crap. I'm probably irredeemable... Seriously, I was like scratching my head trying to figure out why everyone suddenly thought I was scummy, when I thought I said something that made sense.

I see Lumos doing the same thing I did aka honest mistake but making herself seem scummy. Advice to lumos: stop digging yourself into a hole like I did.

I guess I'm the lynch for today. Even if you guys decide not to lynch me today, I'll always be under suspicion for this matter. *sigh* Well, at least I learnt something really important from this game.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #318 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:36 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Rogue_Two: Basically it's because I know that I've somehow managed to make a big mistake. Even though I swear I really didn't know that there was something wrong with my suggestion, now that I've figured it out, if someone else did the same thing I did, I'd have pushed very hard for him to be lynched. Also from a townie's viewpoint, it might be advantageous to lynch me, because you'll be able to see who hopped onto my bandwagon and take a closer look at what they said to decide if they're scum.

I'll do a reread and post tomorrow my views on who I think are scummy, so I'll still contribute to this game.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #323 (isolation #18) » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:36 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Romanus there you go again with the rogue-investigatorish behaviour.

I did a reread like I promised. Top 2 on my scum radar: Romanus, Lumos.

I still stand by what I believe, ie: that Lumos is scum. I'll attempt to rectify my idiocy by
unvoting, vote lumos

Hey guys, you might want to think of checking out other games Romanus is playing currently. He likes to vote hop, accuse random people etc, but according to him, it's because he likes to carry out his own investigations. I'm not too sure what to think of that yet.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #330 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:00 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Don't modkill him. Maybe you could ask some other mods to replace temporarily?

Romanus: your reasons please?
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #336 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:51 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

HI Elias!

Elias, you're most suspicious of me but you vote Kurtz? Hm...

I have backed off from the issue of Anix since he started to talk.

What do you think of lumos?
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #339 (isolation #21) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:53 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Elias_the_thief wrote:by the way, im actually most suspicious of spectrum. but i don't want to put him that close to lynch without hearing some more from him.
I guess that's his reason... I'd like to hear more from him though.

Romanus, the reason why I specifically asked you about the vote on Rogue was because it didn't seem to make sense. There was no discussion about him prior to your post, and your reason was gut feel.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #347 (isolation #22) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:28 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

After some thought, I think it's protownish that Elias didn't vote for me. After all, he'll be accused of bandwagoning tomorrow if I'm lynched today. And quick-lynching is scummy behaviour.

CTD: Care to explain why lynching Kurtz isn't a good idea today?

Lumos? Earth to Lumos?
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #361 (isolation #23) » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:47 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I'm a vanilla townie.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #362 (isolation #24) » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:49 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Role: I'm a vanilla townie.

I see where Patrick/Romanus are coming from about rogue_two. Nothing else to add, other than hoping that other people will start talking again.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #363 (isolation #25) » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:50 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Lol. I had a post error or something for post 361 so I thought it didn't go through, hence the double post.
Blank.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”