Varian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Sat May 27, 2006 5:14 am

Post by Varian »

Hmm.

Well, that's interesting.

Any ideas as to what we're facing?

Aaand, because not doing it is likely to make me an early target...

Vote: Twito
because while I was waiting for this game to open, I kept seeing your name at the top of this forum as often as mine! Staaaalker! :P
Varian
Varian
Townie
Varian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Sat May 27, 2006 7:36 am

Post by Varian »

Twito wrote:Hehe.. :) I actually got Varian by random and he is already voting me :D
This has to mean something
This can only mean one thing, that we are archnemisii, born to oppose eachother in a gruesome battle to the death!

And, since i'm town, that means you're quite obviously scum.

Lyyynch him! :lol:
Varian
Varian
Townie
Varian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Sat May 27, 2006 6:08 pm

Post by Varian »

a maverick is the equivilent of a rebel, rogue, or renegade. :P
Varian
Varian
Townie
Varian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Sat May 27, 2006 6:56 pm

Post by Varian »

Rosso Carne wrote:
unvote, vote:varian
for thinking im stupid enough not to open freaking wikipedia.
Um... huh?

That wasn't even directed at you, Mr Brilliance.

You weren't even involved in the conversation about maverick having to do with knives. Not even mentioning the fact that a :P usually denotes a joke.

Unless you've got 2 accounts in the same game?

Unvote, Vote: Rosso Carne
for being incredibly and wrongly touchy.
Varian
Varian
Townie
Varian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Sun May 28, 2006 6:25 am

Post by Varian »

heh, I like how
I'm
the one who over reacted.

By calling him Mr. Brilliance (because, you know, he said he wasn't stupid), when he basically jumped into a conversation he wasn't a part of and acted like a jerk.

I didn't explode, I was amused that someone could so easily find something not even directed in their vicinity as offensive.

And since when is placing the 3rd vote when it takes
so horrible? If he placed the 6th, ok. But the 3rd? I'd say you guys are the ones trying to build a bandwagon out of air.
Varian
Varian
Townie
Varian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Sun May 28, 2006 7:22 am

Post by Varian »

Rosso Carne wrote:with all due respect, it is page 2.

And yes you overreacted. I'm a part of this conversation based on the fact that I'm a part of this game. If you can't take random voting without exploding, whats the point of it.
That is the most retarded thing i've ever heard.

That's like saying little children should be involved in all discussions their parents have, because hey, they're part of the family.

Two people had made comments about the word maverick, you were not one of them. Why on earth would my comment be directed, in any way, at you?

I still find it funny; this is one of the most amusing start-games i've been a part of.

Oh, and I like how you called it "random voting", except, it was after you had cast a random vote... and you attached a reason to it... me thinks that makes it defy the definition of random.

Do we need another vocabulary lesson? This time it
can
be directed at you.

:roll:
Varian
Varian
Townie
Varian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (isolation #6) » Mon May 29, 2006 11:24 am

Post by Varian »

B Rob wrote:
Unvote Vote: Twito
who has posted twice the entire game. (Well, it should be considered one post, since one is right after the other.)
Pot, meet Kettle.

You've only posted 3 times, including that one.
Varian
Varian
Townie
Varian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (isolation #7) » Wed May 31, 2006 6:33 am

Post by Varian »

Well, I've just got to say that this sure is a change - usually I'm the one whose labelled as being too aggressive.

However, because of this, I think it would be a bad idea to lynch Maverick. I've never seen aggressiveness to be scummy, and I actually agree with him about B Rob. Though its somewhat metagaming in that I'm in another game with him, and that point-by-point post seems out of character for him.

So, I'm going to:
Unvote: Rosso Carne

Vote: B Rob
Varian
Varian
Townie
Varian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #8) » Wed May 31, 2006 4:44 pm

Post by Varian »

Again, I've got to agree.

The backpedalling is just incredibly odd. Especially when you take the time to do a point-by-point post trying to rip him apart.. and when it dissolves in your hands..well, I think Rosso hit the nail on the head with his little quote.

My vote definitely stands.
Varian
Varian
Townie
Varian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (isolation #9) » Wed May 31, 2006 5:18 pm

Post by Varian »

See, now that's an appropriate post :P
Varian
Varian
Townie
Varian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #10) » Wed May 31, 2006 6:04 pm

Post by Varian »

Even if he
did
ask to be lynch, how is it any manner of productive to actually do it if you don't think he's scum?

You're digging yourself a bigger hole.

I'm a bit too tired to say much more, so I'll post it tomorrow.
Varian
Varian
Townie
Varian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:44 pm

Post by Varian »

B Rob wrote:
Varian wrote:Even if he
did
ask to be lynch, how is it any manner of productive to actually do it if you don't think he's scum?

You're digging yourself a bigger hole.

I'm a bit too tired to say much more, so I'll post it tomorrow.
I don't know why I didn't respond to this before, but I will now.

If someone asks to be lynched, I think we should just lynch them. Why? Because scum could use such a tactic to make them seem protown. Townies don't have a good reason to want to be lynched, since we would be one step closer to loosing, and I don't see why any player would want to be lynched since they couldn't play anymore if they were dead.

It's a metagame policy similar to Lynch All Liars that is intended to discourage bad play. So far, I've only seen newbies ask to be lynched, and it never works out.
That's stupid.

Really. It is.

If someone asks to be lynched, ignore that, and judge them based on other things. For instance, if I was getting attacked from all sides, even if I was town, sooner or later, if my defense kept failing, I would just be like "Fine, lynch me then." Its a sign of frustration, and that is no where near the level of LAL.

Its not that hard to ignore a "Fine, lynch me" comment and make a vote based on everything else aside from it. If they
are
scum, chances are they'll have more scummy indicators than just that.

So, I don't find that excuse very redeeming.

"Well, a townie asking to be lynched would hurt the town!"
but you're willing to go "
I don't care if he's townie or not, he asked to be lynched, so lynch him!"

Lynching a townie hurts the town, so lynching anyone
solely
for asking to be lynched is completely lacking in sense.
Varian
Varian
Townie
Varian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:29 pm

Post by Varian »

Hm.. how interesting.. I go after you, and suddenly I become the scummiest. You're really not helping your case
at all

I already stated that I don't think Maverick is scummy, and it wasn't that you unvoted
him
persay, but how you went about it. You took the time for a point-by-point post, where you adamantly spouted that he should be lynched, and then, an entire point-by-point argument falls apart because "Oops, I misread" If your entire vote was based off of that single little bit, it was pretty damn weak in the first place.

Also, if the person is a townie, then its not "an admission of defeat" its frustration.

And, if you are willing to lynch anyone who asks for it... why should
I
have to rethink my idea? At least with my idea, I'm lynching someone who has set off a few people's scumdar.
Varian
Varian
Townie
Varian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (isolation #13) » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:51 am

Post by Varian »

...no, I think you can post before that and try to
start
some discussion.
Varian
Varian
Townie
Varian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:28 pm

Post by Varian »

I'm keeping my post on B Rob.. he is majorly lurking in my other game with him.. and in this game seems to be really really really trying to come off as a super contributor. Out of the two actions, when they're side by side from the same player, i'm going with the super contributor to be the more scummy play.

Yeah, its metagaming, but, we're here to win, aren't we?
Varian
Varian
Townie
Varian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (isolation #15) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:56 am

Post by Varian »

Yes, this is the second time. The first was when he and I were both pushing eachother's buttons on purpose to pull out reactions. But this time around, I'm not really satisfied with the reasons given for the current bandwagon. So I'm just sitting on the sidelines, waiting for the lurkers to post, while letting our other game totally kill my enjoyment of Mafia >.<

So, yeah, blame that game for my activity in this one dying down a bit. I'll try to pick it up a bit. I'm going to do a re-read of the thread first though.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”