Mini 1101 - Suspiciously Average Mafia (Over!)

ArielT
ArielT
Townie
ArielT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:13 am

Post by ArielT »

I have a feeling brokenscraps is scum. It's suspicious that he took the longest to confirm, clearly he was up to something last night. Perhaps assaulting an innocent Christmas decoration? I think so.

vote: brokenscraps
Post or Perish
ArielT
ArielT
Townie
ArielT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:42 am

Post by ArielT »

Parama wrote:And another thing: WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE? I've only played with Lat before and that was in a lolhydra game that sucked.
Last point of note - Lateralus is in fact an awesome album. :D
I think, therefore I am.

Who are you?
Post or Perish
ArielT
ArielT
Townie
ArielT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by ArielT »

Honestly, claiming PGO the first day is the only choice for any pro-town PGO. He's a liability if he doesn't claim.

I'm not sure if lynching him outright is the best idea or not. It does give us a very nebulous individual to deal with, but then we're all rather nebulous Day 1. If he is in fact a real PGO, it's a great boon to the town since he'll be effectively un-night-killable.

I'd rather we default to hanging the VT if no one scummier shows up, but keep an eye on our PGO for signs of BS.

I'll keep my vote in place until broken scraps shows up to answer for his crimes!

Also, 4computer. Wat?
Post or Perish
ArielT
ArielT
Townie
ArielT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:55 pm

Post by ArielT »

Trendall wrote:
Parama wrote:
Claim: NK-Immune Unlynchable Vigilante Daycop
Lol, as if.
Parama wrote:You decide.
No, you should answer the question. Are you being serious or not?
I'm not even going to go out on a limb with this, but since no one has stated it clearly yet in response: Parama was NOT actually making a claim, he was clearly just making a sarcastic pregame joke.
brokenscraps wrote:Claiming VT is poor play, but not really a scumtell.
Depends. It's anti-town, but not necessarily pro-mafia. If he's a SK, it would be a good call on his part.
Pushing for policy lynches of poor play instead of looking for actual scum? Much more of a scumtell.
Now this is odd. I was responding to Parama's previous policy lynch suggestion with my own, yet I the response has been more vigorous.

Regardless, Day 1 there's only so much to go on. Policy lynch suggestions aren't a bad place to start.
Post or Perish
ArielT
ArielT
Townie
ArielT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:42 am

Post by ArielT »

Zyrconium wrote:
ArielT wrote:Policy lynch suggestions aren't a bad place to start.
This is wrong, and I've already explained why, if you disagree with my statements, address them.
Alright, fine.
Zyrconium wrote:I always dislike it when people say things like this, your words aren't necessarily wrong, although I don't think there's ever been a case of no one scummy showing up at all.... but the only point of saying this now is to make people scum-hunt less hard.
No. The point is to put pressure on someone to see how they react. It's one of the most basic tools of scum hunting. I'm not suggesting we quick lynch anyone here.

While this whole fake role claim thing is a little bizarre all around, it's getting out of hand. There's too much pride getting involved and that's going to obfuscate things.
Post or Perish
ArielT
ArielT
Townie
ArielT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #5) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:47 am

Post by ArielT »

Zyrconium wrote:
Lateralus22 wrote:flailing is scummy, if this was his natural reaction why didn't he act this way on page one after his claim? I doubt a simple one more vote would cause a mental break down.
Hrmm, by my - perhaps slightly broader - definition of flailing, his first reaction was to start flailing around(the insta-claim)... how does this effect your read?(because my definition, even if inaccurate, does point out the commonality in his actions)
Meh. I'll admit my initial interest in policy lynching was because I found his initial reaction odd and wanted to see more. I agree he's been acting erratically this entire time, but at this point, I am surprisingly conflicted. I can't honestly get a read one way or another at this point, but he does seem like a liability for the town to have around. He almost seems to be acting like he's a Jester, but I know that would be explicitly non-normal. Is it possible that Lat is lying about being a PGO and tyler is actually the "special role" for this normal game as a Jester?

@tylerjarvis
If you are town, even if you are doomed to die, you will still win with us if the town wins. That means voting for yourself is also rather anti-town (thought not necessarily pro-scum, yeah, I know guys). How about you unvote yourself and help scumhunt so on Day 3 when we're trying to figure out who to lynch, maybe we'll have a better chance because of something you did.

As to our lurkers/inactives:

@pinewolf
How are you feeling about your vote at the moment? I realize your initial vote was random, but now that there's been some chatter, what do you think?

@Sunday
You've had a day to review the rules. Who are your top 3 scummiest players?

@kikuchiyo
Are you here? You haven't posted yet. Give us a sign!
Post or Perish
ArielT
ArielT
Townie
ArielT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:59 am

Post by ArielT »

At this time, tyler is one vote away from being lynched. This is way too early to end Day 1. Please do not vote for him at least until we have all the lurkers flushed out.
Post or Perish
ArielT
ArielT
Townie
ArielT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:01 am

Post by ArielT »

Sorry, I missed the next page. I think he's at L-2 now that Zyrconium unvoted. I'm pretty sure 4computer only put him to L-1.
Post or Perish
ArielT
ArielT
Townie
ArielT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by ArielT »

@mod
tyler unvoted himself, I believe
andrew94 wrote:my stance is that there was a huge wagon on tyler.

it disappered instantly after the 'computer slip'

therefore tyler is scum as scum would ride the wagon longer and not all go vote computer
That seems odd. The crossing out method lets us look at who was voting who. Parama and Zyrconium changes their votes, thereby shifting the "huge wagon" over. Are you suggesting these two are scum?

I would rather not L-1 4computer at the moment, or else I would shift my vote over to him. For now I will
unvote
and
FoS:4computer
(because hell, better than nothing). I do have a few musings to shuffle around:

4computer didn't do a scummy thing exactly, but he did make a scummy comment. Can someone tell me what they think 4computer's comment meant? Was he attempting to diminish the possible backlash from people who might think his action was scummy? Without this comment, would we have felt he was scummy?
4computer wrote:damn, i hope there is no bad thing that happens to hammers
Post or Perish
ArielT
ArielT
Townie
ArielT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (isolation #9) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by ArielT »

kikuchiyo wrote:
Ariel wrote:I would rather not L-1 4computer at the moment, or else I would shift my vote over to him.
What are you afraid of?
I don't want the day to end before I get enough posts to get a read on you, Sundy and Pine, mostly.
Post or Perish
ArielT
ArielT
Townie
ArielT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:45 am

Post by ArielT »

Well, crap.
Post or Perish

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”