redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:57 am

Post by redtail896 »

Also present and accounted for. And hello shotty. I seem to remember also playing a game with you.
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:48 am

Post by redtail896 »

Wait, is this in reaction to his "smelling a policy lynch"? Really?
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:56 am

Post by redtail896 »

Oh, hey Ellibereth. Sorry I didn't see you there.

So, is that a random vote or what?
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:00 am

Post by redtail896 »

Ellibereth wrote:
redtail896 wrote:Oh, hey Ellibereth. Sorry I didn't see you there.

So, is that a random vote or what?
Hiya! How are you?
Nope, not at all.
Cool. Have fun with that.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:07 am

Post by redtail896 »

*Reads post 27*

Well, what do you want me to say? I can't respond to you unless you present me with some reasoning.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by redtail896 »

Friend wrote:Redtail's last post just oozes scum out of its many orifices. "What? Huh? I didn't realize why my lack of desire to pressure anyone or even attempt to scumhunt is scummy!!"
I can't and won't defend myself if somebody votes me without saying why. From this sentence, it seems that you're voting for me because I wasn't really producing any content. I admit to this. I also claim that I wasn't producing significantly less content than most other players.
Dekes wrote:On more serious note. I fail to see where the suspicion on MS and redtail is coming from. If I had to vote for someone right now it'd be redtail for possibly playing the naïve card early on. But eh, not really vote-worthy.
You simultaneously don't understand why people are suspicious of me, yet find me the most suspicious.

What?

And no, your explanation in the previous post doesn't make any sense.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:51 am

Post by redtail896 »

Alright, I get it. I haven't produced any content, so you're going to lynch me. Well, that ends now. You'll probably lynch me anyway, but oh well.

Some notes:
-Waiting for a reason that somebody is voting for you is not scummy
-Nexus has produced as much content as me (granted, in fewer posts)
-
Dekes wrote:If I had to vote for someone right now it'd be redtail for possibly playing the naïve card early on
I (and others I believe) interpreted this as you saying I was/am the most suspicious. However, previously in the same post, you said that you didn't see where the suspicion of me (and MS) came from. That's why I see a disconnect.
-@Ellibereth: Why? I mean that as a general question; you really haven't said anything this game except vote x.
-@LynchMePls: Same question. You just jump on the wagon without really adding anything anywhere.
-@TheButtonmen: Same question, although you don't actually jump on the wagon. But you've said less than I have in more posts, and why are you pushing for MS?

Finally, I would appreciate if somebody would present a concise argument about why I should be lynched. I will happily respond.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:12 am

Post by redtail896 »

The point wasn't actually to deflect onto you, but to demonstrate that plenty of others are doing the exact same thing that I'm being accused of. No offense meant.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:20 am

Post by redtail896 »

Friend wrote:Redtail's last post just oozes scum out of its many orifices. "What? Huh? I didn't realize why my lack of desire to pressure anyone or even attempt to scumhunt is scummy!!"
cloudocean wrote:Translation: I haven't shown any interest in scumhunting/desire to pressure, but I'm not scum because some people have even less of a desire to do so than myself!
These is where/why I interpreted that I was being wagoned for lack of content.

@LynchMePls
redtail896 wrote:Wait, is this in reaction to his "smelling a policy lynch"? Really?
This is the line you're referring to. I was surprised that people were jumping on MS based on his policy lynch question. I wasn't trying to play naive or clueless; I genuinely didn't understand why people were jumping on MS. Why is this scummy?

I grant that I have been playing poorly so far. As for the questioning thing, at the time I went to be last night, I only had 2 or 3 votes. I woke up this morning to discover myself at L-1. And I did question last night, but nobody would really present a case against me.

As for the Nexus thing; okay, I could've ordered my points in my previous post differently. If I had grouped LynchMePls and TheButtonmen with Nexus, then I would've been listing 3 people that hadn't produced much content.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:14 am

Post by redtail896 »

LynchMePls wrote:OMFG. Please read the thread. I dunno if anyone else is accusing him of "not contributing", but that isn't the case on him at all. Let me try to explain.

1) I made a vote that looked like a policy lynch.
2) Redtail says "is that a policy lynch?"
3) Others find the question odd and pressure him.
4) Redtail flails about saying scummy things and trying vainly to deflect attention to others for "not contributing".
1. This undoubtedly happened.
2. I did not say that. MS said that. Then, after 2 people voted MS (presumably in response to that statement), I responded with
redtail896 wrote:Wait, is this in reaction to his "smelling a policy lynch"? Really?
In short, I was questioning why people had quickly jumped onto MS. Again, all I'm doing is questioning their vote. Why is that scummy?
3. Again, this undoubtedly happened, although I still don't understand why others found it odd.
4. From what I can tell, the only scummy thing you've accused me of in my "flailing" is trying to deflect. And this brings us to the whole "no content thing.

Let's be clear about 2 things.
A. Before you came along LynchMePls, nobody had bothered to spell out a real case against me. I am not a mind reader; I can't know why you're voting for me unless you tell me. The best I can do is make an educated guess. Now, if I'm at L-5 and nobody has given me a reason, I just assume I'm being random voted (hence my question to Elli). But when I woke up and discovered myself at L-1, I obviously had to say something. You'll notice that multiple times I ask for somebody to explain the case against me.
B. I genuinely thought that I was being persecuted for lack of content. I found this unfair, and so pointed out other people that I felt had produced even less content. That's it. That's the "scummy flailing deflection" that you've accused me of. It only doesn't make sense because I discovered, later, that that wasn't the case. If this had just been explained earlier, we could've avoided the whole shebang.

Now, why did I think I was being accused of little content?
redtail896 wrote:
cloudocean wrote:Translation: I haven't shown any interest in scumhunting/desire to pressure, but I'm not scum because some people have even less of a desire to do so than myself!
These is where/why I interpreted that I was being wagoned for lack of content.
@LynchMePls: Why are you FOSing Pacman simply because he doesn't agree with you?

@Friend: He makes perfect sense to me, but then since he's defending me I've perhaps read it more closely. Basically, he's saying that I've never had a chance to defend myself because nobody gave a reason for the votes.
SpyreX wrote:The issue, nay, the rub, is commenting on it and not throwing a vote down on any of the parties involved.
So now I'm scummy because I didn't vote in that post? Perhaps I wanted to hear an answer first?
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:37 am

Post by redtail896 »

LynchMePls wrote:I'm not FOSing him simply because he doesn't agree with me. Others have disagreed with me and not gotten FOSed. Nice try at painting my FOS as scummy though.
Yes, you are. He saw part of the case as being about this whole "content" thing, and you said it wasn't and FOSed him.
LynchMePls wrote:Anyone who continues to claim that the case on Redtail is in any way based on him "not producing content" is either not paying attention, or is part of the problem.
You're case might not have been based on that, but I though that that was a valid concern, for reasons that I've already explained. And you didn't bother explaining your case until relatively recently. So how could I possibly know?

What you need to understand is that regardless of what was meant, I thought that this was a key element of the case. I've explained why I thought that. Might I have been misreading people? Sure. Friend has already claimed that I misread him. But I don't think that it was an unreasonable conclusion to come to. Especially since for quite some time nobody bothered to explain why I was so scummy.

As for the deflection thing: I disagree that it's scummy. I thought I was being persecuted for X, and I pointed out that other people had also done X but even moreso, so my accusers were being inconsistent. That's it. That's the entire thing.

BTW: what do you think about my response to your actual case?
Nexus wrote:Although, redtail then trying to get suspicion on me for the same reasons as to why he thought he was being attacked-why is it ok for me/others to be attacked 'cos of that but you can't?
If people want to use it as a reason for attack, then that's fine. I just want them to use it consistently. I had a problem with being attacked for X while people ignored others who were blatantly doing X also. I'm just saying that if it makes me suspicious, it makes plenty of other people suspicious as well.

@Elli: why am I prob scum? Also, I don't actually think the thread is that confusing to follow.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #11) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:39 am

Post by redtail896 »

[quote="Ellibereth"Oh yeah, red, do you have any past scumgames too?[/quote]
[url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14486]Mini 1003 just ended. It's my only scumgame on the site. Have at it.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #12) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:39 am

Post by redtail896 »

EBWOP: since I messed up every single formatting thing in the previous post

Mini 1003

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”