Mini 1009 ÔÇô Popularity mafia (Game over - Mafia wins)

scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:48 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Vote: mothrax
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:04 am

Post by scotmany12 »

eljcko wrote:Are you convinced he's scum?
It's one page into the game. Of course I'm not convinced he's scum. But him saying he dislikes RVS, then not providing another solution, and him not voting because he didn't want to vote first, is mildly scummy. And I don't know why town would say this:
mothrax wrote:especially if by some weird chance he flips scum
And his recent OMGUS on me doesn't look good either.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:11 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Also, @Ecto: Why do you attack Iron Man for random voting, but not eljcko? You say Iron Man missed an opportunity to take a stronger stance, yet the same could be said for eljcko.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:43 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Blackberry wrote:Mothrax's reaction to scotmany12, although waranted, almost seems a bit overexaggerated. scotmany12 I believe is an experienced player, I think he would know to say something, even as mafia. I do question why he didn't say anything though. I guess to me, knowing scotmany12 is experienced, as a mafia or a townsperson, it doesn't make sense to me that scotmany12 didn't write any explanation... O_o.
There are plenty of reasons to not post reasoning. I'm surprised, with you being and
experienced
player, why you think there would be no reason to vote without reasoning, especially this early in the game. I wanted to see how he reacted, and he reacted poorly.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:50 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Blackberry wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:
Blackberry wrote:Mothrax's reaction to scotmany12, although waranted, almost seems a bit overexaggerated. scotmany12 I believe is an experienced player, I think he would know to say something, even as mafia. I do question why he didn't say anything though. I guess to me, knowing scotmany12 is experienced, as a mafia or a townsperson, it doesn't make sense to me that scotmany12 didn't write any explanation... O_o.
There are plenty of reasons to not post reasoning. I'm surprised, with you being and
experienced
player,
why you think there would be no reason to vote without reasoning, especially this early in the game.
I wanted to see how he reacted, and he reacted poorly.
The underlined part I understand, the bolded part I do not.
I might have worded it incorrectly. There are plenty of reasons not post a reasoning while voting. Why doesn't it make sense to you that I would provide no reasoning?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:06 am

Post by scotmany12 »

mothrax - you did not have a wagon growing on you. You had one vote on you. One vote. Me placing a second vote on you is not blatant wagoning. And its a little tidbit, but I find it more likely that those who use "honest" in any form are scum, as you did when you said IMHO. It's small, but town have no reason to not be honest, so it's weird when people say that.

BB - why are you still not voting anyone?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:02 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Iron Man wrote:Finally, major
FoS: scotmany12
for blatant bandwagoning and avoidance of discussion. I open the floor to you sir. Please enlighten us for the reason of your vote.
Have you not read the last page or something?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:05 am

Post by scotmany12 »

V/LA today to Saturday the 31st. I am positive that I will have internet access, but I will not be extremely active.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Blackberry wrote:
Simoneon wrote:Both statements are terrible in the same way.
I was being honest with the town about how I felt about a statement that is said. I don't understand how that is terrible. You think I should keep my thoughts and feelings to myself?
It's terrible because regardless of who Mothrax says it about, it is scummy. Why you don't find it scummy because he said it about you is eye raising. Why does it matter that he said it about you? You pretty much said that if he said that about anyone else, you would find it scummy. Why does it matter that he said it about you?

@Thief: Please elaborate why you think Blackberry is scummy.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Busy today, lot's of wall of texts, hopefully get something up by tonight.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:19 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Sorry for not posting. Have fallen behind due to vacation, and I'm not sure if I'll have internet the next few days.

With that said, I'll try to get a little bit caught up. Don't expect me to read the big long wall of texts in depth though.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:00 am

Post by scotmany12 »

mothrax wrote:To put the whole criticism of my comment @BB to rest(hopefully) It was meant to say "I don't have any idea what he will flip if and when he does, but if he does flip scum, then it will look bad on me because of my "buddying up" with him." The "some odd chance" was me assuming there are 3-4 scum, which makes it a 25-33% chance that he will... I still don't have a scummy read on him, nor do I really have a townie read on him.
Not buying this at all.
Blackberry wrote:
BB: your inconsistency comes from you admitting that what mothrax said relating to your likely alignment flip would be scummy--that is, if you didn't know YOUR alignment. The two have nothing to do with each other, that is, your knowledge of your own alignment and mothrax's behavior.
Did you read what I've said? I said I would find it as something that indicates that the two people mentioned were
scum together
And this is bullshit. Its a scummy statement no matter what. "If by some weird chance so and so turns up scum" is a scummy statement because it implies that the player, mothrax in this situation, has knowledge of so and so's alignment, which would be BB. Only person who would have knowledge of alignments would be scum. Town has no reason to say what mothrax said concerning BB.

Also, mothrax seems to be more concerned about not getting lynched rather than hunting scum. His reluctance to vote first, him constantly posting things he has "learned" all look to me like he is only concerned about his wellbeing, rather than the wellbeing of the town.

drmyshottyizsik needs to start contributing. Also, I was never impressed with ecto at all, and I really did not like his vote on iron man, or his vote on cuet. Though cuet's reaction was horrible.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:02 am

Post by scotmany12 »

EBWOP: mothrax only did the what he has learned thing once, but I still believe him to be more concerned about his own wellbeing rather than that of the towns.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Posting to let people know that I will have limited access until the weekend. Don't expect a lot from me.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:16 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Cuet, explain your vote on korts.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

I'll be home tomorrow, so I'll be able to focus more, but I just want to say I disagree with cuet's vote on korts.

Also, I'm not finding the theory discussion between BB and Sim to be necessary at all.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:09 am

Post by scotmany12 »

How am I "soft-selling" your lynch cuet? How is me saying your reaction to ecto's was horrible and indicative that I want you lynched?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Cuet, your reaction to ecto's vote on you is horrible, and the whole post is an appeal to emotion. The jist of your response could have been said in half the words without using sarcastic, emotional responses. That is why your overreaction is horrible.

As for why I disagree with your vote on Korts, your softselling thing is bullshit, and you should stop throwing that around cause it doesn't mean anything. Apparently to you, anyone who finds an action of yours to be questionable is softselling. Either you are so full of yourself that you can't imagine yourself making a bad play (and if this is the case, which I think is the more likely one, then get off your high horse) or you are scum trying to discredit others opinions.

And the korts wagonhopping thing I don't agree with either. We were stalled recently. Korts was trying to generate discussion, something which is protown.
Cuetlachtli wrote:Page 7, Post 161
scotmany12 wrote:Cuet, explain your vote on korts.
Scot is understandably concerned about his scumbuddy.
You told us you would elaborate on your vote upon request. Of course I'm going to ask you why you are voting for someone. It's the same reason why people asked me why I voted for Mothrax, and why I asked bb to elaborate on his BB vote. If you don't make things clear, people are going to ask you for your train of thought. You writing this down as concern for a scumbuddy is quite idiotic.
Cuetlachtli wrote:
Simenon wrote:Also, there are only two scum in this game (it's an open setup).
Umm isn't this a Mini Normal game, meaning we don't know how many scum there are or if there are third parties (SK or 2nd scum team)?
It's mountainous. Town:Scum ratio is normally 10:2 in mountainous games. There is no town powerroles, no scum powerroles, and no third party roles.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

You have seriously never heard of mountainous before?
Johoohno from Mini queue wrote:
Popularity mafia

There will only be goons and townies in this game (12 player setup).
The only difference from a
mountainuous setup
is that at night every townie sends in a nomination for a person they want to have nightkill immunity, and the one with most immunity supporters gets the immunity that night.
(You won’t be able to vouch for yourself.)
Mountainous from wiki:
In 12-player games, a 2:10 scum/Town ratio is considered balanced.
Though this is interesting. If you think it is a slip, why did you vote for me over the person (sim) who originally said it?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:25 am

Post by scotmany12 »

tumescence wrote:At this point, I'd be willing to lynch Simenon or Thief, because I'm having a really hard time getting any read at all on either of them.
Vote: Simenon
You're willing to lynch two people you don't have scumreads on? There are eight pages of information, and instead of scumhunting you would rather lynched two people you have no read on? And why did you pick sim over thief?
tumescence wrote:Hey,
eljcko
, when you post, can you please give all your reads?
Can people stop asking for others to post all their reads? It is not helpful to the town to have all our reads out in the open. Especially in a setup where we are going to nominate someone to have NK immunity.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:35 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Blackberry wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:Can people stop asking for others to post all their reads? It is not helpful to the town to have all our reads out in the open. Especially in a setup where we are going to nominate someone to have NK immunity.
I disagree, I think if people reveal their reads, we can tell if someone is being genuine, or if they are faking it. I don't understand how it effects who we give NK Immunity to?
Letting the scum know we we find the most townlike, and since we would vote to give immunity to those we find most town, is stupid and tells the scum who to not kill. We don't need to give the scum any information like that.

Its not just for this game either. Scum lists are generally detrimental as it helps the scum decide who to target during the night. Having all our reads out there only strengthens the scum.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (isolation #21) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Tazaro wrote:The Ironman slot has been filled by me. I plan to be more reserved in this game because when I'm overly aggressive I'm just setting myself for headaches. But I dislike the fact that you are suspicious of Mothrax. I've seen Mothrax. He has his own style and it had gotten heat on him, kind of like the heat that a player like drmyshotty (whom you have replaced) gets. I suggest that their playstyles are in view right now, not their alignment. Alignment has a chance to be more in view later.
First, you replacing Iron Man does not excuse what Iron Man did, and those who found him suspicious before are going to still find him suspicious.

And the second part of this is bullshit. People are attacking both of those players because they have committed scummy actions. No one is attacking their playstyles. They are attacking their scummy actions.

Vote count
(12 players alive = 7 to lynch before deadline)

(2) mothrax - scotmany12, ChannelDelibird
(2) Thief - eljcko, Blackberry
(2) nopointinactingup – mothrax, Korashk
(2) ChannelDelibird – Cuethlachtli, Simenon
(1) Tazaro – nopointinactingup
(1) Simenon – tumescence
(1) Korts – Thief

Not voting: Tazaro

:arrow: Day 1 – (Deadline is August 10)

Last edited by Johoohno on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (isolation #22) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:30 am

Post by scotmany12 »

tumescence wrote:On day 1, it is difficult to differentiate scummy actions from personality-based actions. For eg., some people are arguing that Cuet's reaction to Ecto was over-emotional, but such overreactions could simply be a part of his playstyle. Over-defensiveness, bad logic, inactivity, emotional appeals... such stuff, which people normally call scumtells on d1, are often merely personality quirks.
Bullshit. Scum have been cought on day one before due to slips. It is not difficult at all to differentiate scummy actions from personality-based actions. Cuet's reaction to Ecto was scummy due to the over the top emotional part of it rather than just simply replying and telling ecto why his case was bad. You are refusing to scumhunt because everything that everyone does that might be scummy is a personality quirk? Seems more like you want to take a back seat and not draw attention to yourself.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #23) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Vacation/Limited Access from tomorrow, the 7th, until the 14th. I will have internet access but don't know how much time I will have for this game. I will try to be around during deadline, and I don't see myself being inactive for the entire week.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (isolation #24) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Vote: mothrax
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (isolation #25) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:46 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Cuetlachtli wrote:So from what I gather, the case on Mothrax is...

1. He had a potential scum slip with his comments about BB's alignment.

2. He lurked during the latter part of Day 1.
There is more to it. He avoids taking any responsibility by not random voting, even though he says random voting is necessary. When questioned about it, he states he didn't want to vote first, which is bullshit. If random voting is necessary, then why would he then not random vote? His defense for his other actions are pretty bad too, and the generabl vibe from his posts is that he is more concerned about staying alive than actually catching scum.

Your points in Mothrax's favor are unconvincing.

Tazaro's vote on Mothrax is scummy due to Tazaro seemingly placing that vote for the same things that he tried to defend Mothrax for yesterday.
Tazaro wrote:I like to defend people when I think there's arguments to defend them against. My statement about alignment IS true, and yes alcohol can be a truth serum. It depends on what kind of affect it personally has on you. The post from cuet was because I thought he was the one who got the nightkill immunity; i'm interested in his input.
Why the hell would you think cuet got the nightkill immunity? And why would that make you value his input more over others?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:17 am

Post by scotmany12 »

mothrax wrote:Scot, I have already said I didn't want to vote because I wanted to see where the discussion lead. And I believe my words were "sometimes necessary" which means not always.
Your words were mostly necessary. And this only strengthens my point. You wanted others to start discussion. Despite calling random voting mostly necessary, you chose to not random vote or offer an alternative. You took a back seat, and wanted others to start the discussion. You did not want to draw attention to yourself at all.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (isolation #27) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:55 am

Post by scotmany12 »

mothrax wrote:I didn't propose an alternative because I didn't have one, but I was more than open to anyone else's suggestion. And I guess I will play the newb card and say that this is only my 2nd onsite game. Every game on any other site I have played had no RVS, so I was not used to RVS, nor seeing it as an institution in the games.
So you have played on other sites where you were able to get the game started without random voting, and yet you claim you have no alternative to getting the game started? Despite playing in other games where you were able to get started without random voting, you don't have any alternatives?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #28) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:03 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Also, if this is only your second game on this site, then why, in your own words, do you think random voting is sometimes (most) "the only way to start discussion?"

Tum's vote on sim is horrible. There is nothing in any of Tum's posts that gives me the feeling that he thinks sim to be scum.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:12 am

Post by scotmany12 »

mothrax wrote:The on;y alternative I have is meta based, and it is on a site where we have all played at least 4-5 games together so we know how each other's playstyle well. Obviously, I have never played with any of you, and certainly not enough to know your playstyles to that point.

preview edit: because I recognize that this is a much larger pool of players, and obviously there has to be something to get discussion started and since RVS has become the generally accepted starting point, it is necessary in most games.
See, I don't buy this because you can't simply start a game off of meta. Just because you know how each other play doesn't mean someone is automatically scummy. There has to be something to get the game started.

And your second statement just brings me back to if you realize that random voting is necessary in most games, why did you refuse to do it?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (isolation #30) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:50 am

Post by scotmany12 »

I don't think cuet is scum nopoint. I don't agree with a lot of what he says, but I get a very town vibe from his posts.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #31) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

mothrax wrote:That is an easy answer, my wagon is bigger, which makes me a more likely lynch for the day.
You're lack of production is noted.
Blackberry wrote:I do not know why, but I don't like your attitude (using cuss words in order to reflect you disagree with something, asking aggressive questions in order to show your point of view). I wouldn't say it strikes me as scum, but acting like that doesn't help me get a "I am scotmany, I want to help the town win" it just reflects a "I am a badass, get out of the way, I'm here to get mad at people" attitude that I do not approve of.
Get over yourself. And don't insult me. Me calling something bullshit and using hell doesn't not make me a "badass" or equate to being mad at people.

Why you call me out on this but not the number of other people (sim, I know korts did as well) who have cursed does not sit well with me.
Blackberry wrote:I am reading scotmany's posts on mothrax and thinking they are silly (maybe because I can see where mothrax is coming from and understand where he is coming from and think the attack on him because of that is silly). I don't like how scotmany is attacking a small point and trying to make a big deal out of it. I, too, did not have an alternative at the time for RVS.
I'm not attacking a small point. I think he slipped up as scum. He called random voting stage mostly necessary, and then didn't vote. When questioned about it, his excuse was he didn't want to place the first vote. To me, that means he did not want to draw any sort of attention to himself, and wanted to sit back and let others do all the work. He chose not to help start the game in order to not draw attention to himself. Only scum would do that.

And you are generalizing my suspicion of Mothrax. That slip is the starting point, but he has not scumhunted, his only concern so far has been defending himself. He only cares if he stays alive, not if we catch scum or not.

And no, my argument is not baseless. You simply called my argument silly and played it off as a small point without ever explaining why.

If anything is baseless, it is your vote on zoneace. So far from what I gather, you are voting him for getting town vibes from CDB, and for agreeing with me. zoneace claimed to have town vibes from CDB's posts, so why he isn't allowed to think someone is town while others get town vibes on other people, I don't know. And if you have a problem with my arguments and think they are scummy, the natural reaction would be to vote the person who started them.
Blackberry wrote:The way people are attacking mothrax seems to me like scum are going for an easy lynch. I think for the most part I don't want to vote mothrax because some of the attacks against him seem silly to me. I wouldn't be horribly surprised if he turns up scum, but I really think he'll turn up town (mostly because I think ZONEACE is scum and he is voting mothrax). To be straight-forward: I am not leaning towards mothrax as either way (I think me thinking he is town is more hope because then I am even more certain that ZONEACE is scum). I feel the need to explain all my thoughts only because I do fear the possibility he *does* flip scum and then I would be instantly lynched next without question for not voting him and because of the silly POST #2 incident.
Before you made this post, I didn't think you were scum with mothrax. This part of your post changed my mind. Not only do you fence sit and refuse to take a stand on mothrax, but you are overly concerned with what people think about you if mothrax flips scum. You are so concerned that people will think you are mothrax's partner, that you have to go out of your way to say you haven't made a decision on mothrax. Not only is it ludicrous to think that you would be instantly lynched, it also screams paranoid scum.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (isolation #32) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:06 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Tazaro wrote:
Cuetlachtli wrote:
Tazaro wrote:I looked at the suspicions of other people on you, mothrax. You are rightfully suspicious.
This post is a null tell for me. I have seen scummies and townies vote to lynch players based off other people's arguments before.
Here is an example of Cuet seeming town in my opinion. Scum do not say that posts are null tells; they are willing to comment at least a little negatively on things that other people have pointed out as potentially suspicious in their eyes.
Um....scum claim something is a null tell all the time. I don't know where you are getting the idea that scum will never say something is a null tell.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #33) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Tazaro wrote:Are you more convinced he's scum or I'm scum? Why risk your vote on someone whom you're not as convinced about?
What makes you think that he doesn't believe both of you to be scum?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (isolation #34) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Blackberry wrote:A) Don't insult you when you are insulting other people? Mmk.
B) I have talked about Sim's attitude I believe. Both of them, though, have had times when they express their views in logical ways. Using cuss words to make an argument suggests you aren't really trying to convince someone of something logically. However, neither of them overuse their "ANGER" as much as you do. Cuss words are for the expression of anger and excitement. You're overuse of cuss words strikes me as over-aggressive and unnecessary.
C) I don't want to talk about it anymore, because this conversation is unnecessary. But watch your manners. It'll get you further in the game of Mafia if you approach things from a more calm perspective.
Um..I didn't insult anyone. I think I called mothrax's defense bullshit. That's not an insult. You are the one who decided to say that im trying to act like a badass. I didn't overuse anything. You say others have expressed their views in logical ways. So have I. You just decided to ignore everything and focus on me saying bs and hell, instead of my argument in that post.

My manners are just fine, I'm perfectly calm, and this is actually an important conversation. Instead of focusing on the points of my argument, you are trying to discredit me by saying that cussing is wrong. Basically this whole thing is a scummy action by you, because instead of responding to any of my points, you defend mothrax by saying that I have a bad tone (which I don't), and that I'm not trying to help the town because I used bullshit and hell.

Moving on, Tazaro is scummy. His posts on this page and at the bottom of last page have been horrible. His constant fluff, his unvote of Mothrax because Mothrax called tax's case sucky, and then his vote on zoneace when he hasn't expressed any prior suspicion to him at all. He hasn't done anything protown, and right now he is deliberately hurting the town with his fluff posts rather than providing something helpful.

Unvote, Vote: Taz
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (isolation #35) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Blackberry wrote:
scotmany12 wrote: because instead of responding to any of my points, you defend mothrax by saying that I have a bad tone (which I don't), and that I'm not trying to help the town because I used bullshit and hell.
You use "BULLSHIT" constantly, in an aggressive manner.
Me calling a case, or something someone says, bullshit automatically discredits my opinion? Yes, I looked back, and I used bullshit five times before you bought it up. But everytime I explained why, in a logical manner. How does that equate to me not wanting to help the town? How does me using bullshit discredit everything else that I said?
I refuse to take a stand on mothrax? I didn't have a stand on mothrax at the time either way because he hadn't done anything to make me lean completely one way or the other.

I am overly concerned when people have been claiming me and mothrax are scum together several times? I don't think that makes me overly concerned.

Also, why does it make me paranoid scum? Can I not be a paranoid town? You've read my other posts. I like to overexplain things.
You did refuse to take a stand on Mothrax. "I wouldn't be horribly surprised if he turns up scum, but I really think he'll turn up town." If you were to suceed at lynching zoneace, and if he turns up town, you leave it open for you to go back and then vote Mothrax, saying that you never really thought he was town. You are fencesitting.

I don't recall many people claiming you and mothrax to be scum together. I never did. Please, feel free to point it out where people did. But why would you be paranoid as town? Scum are much more concerned with getting lynched than town.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (isolation #36) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Thief wrote:Oh wow looks like we lynched scum.

Blackberry care to explain why you were defending him just a few posts earlier?

Vote: Blackberry
It's twilight dude.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (isolation #37) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:28 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Hi guys, I didn't have internet yesterday as I was moving into my apartment. I had it set up today. A lot has happened over the past day. I need to go read over the game sometime soon.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (isolation #38) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:25 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Cuetlachtli wrote:Nopoint, I have you on ignore right now.

You can regain your talking privileges once you respond to this post.
he did respond. This is antitown.

I'm drunk. Tomorrow or sunday i'll reread and vote for someoen
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (isolation #39) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:47 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Simenon wrote:This quote sets up a reason for scotmany to switch wagons without having to admit that Tazaro was scummier than mothrax.
Well, I didn't think Tazaro was scummier than mothrax. But Mothrax wasn't going to get lynched, and Tazaro was still scummy, especially with his actions during late day 2.

I'm in agreement with Sim about tumescence. I was suspicious about tum when he first voted for sim based on nothing, and he has still not built any case on Sim, which he stated he would do yesterday but still hasn't. He has no case, and in being antitown in voting for someone he has no read on rather than scumhunting. He simply comes in, votes Sim, and states he has a town read on everyone else. He has lurked and has been absent during critical moments during the game.

Vote: tumescence

He is providing very little content, voting without reasoning, and avoiding the large wagons, hardly commenting on them at all. For example, he was absent throughout the entire Tazaro wagon.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (isolation #40) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Okay, I'm drunk. But what the fuck just happened when I was away at work? Cuet, unvote yourself now.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (isolation #41) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

I'll post tomorrow, probably before I go to work. Don't have it in me to post now.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (isolation #42) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Unvote yourself now. Seriously, Cuet, stop being stupid.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (isolation #43) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:58 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

nopointinactingup wrote:Any thoughts Scott? You've been promising content.
Yeah, I've been busy with school. I haven't really read in depth the past few pages. Tomorrow or Saturday. I promise. I don't forsee myself leaving my vote on Tumescance. He is still scummy, but my vote will be more useful somewhere else.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (isolation #44) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

nopointinactingup wrote:
Cuetlachtli wrote: That said, I think we are in a 2:10 setup. Some argue that the Popularity aspect gives the town a slight advantage. I disagree. I find it unlikely that the a majority of the town and
the scum
would pick the same person at night. But given that all mods are different, there is a chance that Joh could be a bastard mod and we are, in fact, in a 3:9 setup.
1> He mentions that the scum has the ability to nominate Night Kill Immune though nowhere do I see that in the Role PM.
2> He seems to think that it takes "the majority" ( more than half ) to successfully nominate a person. Whereas if he has read the role PM, he would have been sure the nominated is at "most" votes. An actual case of 2 people with most votes is even elaborated in the Role PM. So why does he still think it takes the "majority" to have someone Night Killed Immune?
The evidence are clear. Either Thief or Zone is probably Cuet's partner in crime if we are in a 3 scum Set-Up.
Wanted to address this. The fact that he mentions the scum should be a town tell. Scum don't have the abiity to nominate, which is evident in this post by johoono:
Johoohno from Mini queue wrote:
Popularity mafia

There will only be goons and townies in this game (12 player setup).
The only difference from a mountainuous setup is that at night every
townie
sends in a nomination for a person they want to have nightkill immunity, and the one with most immunity supporters gets the immunity that night.
(You won’t be able to vouch for yourself.)

So wouldn't the fact that he thinks the scum can nominate someone else be a town tell as well? Scum would know they couldn't nominate. So what you think is a scumslip, nopoint, is really something that gives cuet towny points. I'm surprised no one else had picked up on that.

What Sim posted about thief is more of a scumslip. And as for thief, the only even remotely protown thing he has done was his vote count analysis, and even that is pretty void of any analysis. And his ending on that post:
Thief wrote:I love D3 because it requires even less effort than other days and its actually easier to find scum.
Vote: ZONEACE
Gives me scum vibes. And then there is his appeal to emotion when he says his play is never really that good but that he is good in lylo. And everything else that has already been said about him voting in twilight and his day one actions.

I feel pretty confident moving my vote over to him.
Unvote, Vote: Thief

I really dislike how Tum says he is going to check in before deadline instead of commenting on anything that is going on.

As for Cuet: I think he is town. I think he is being incredibly stupid voting for himself, and should unvote himself immediately, but I get an overly town vibe from his posts.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (isolation #45) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

nopointinactingup wrote:@Scott: I know, I dropped that point against Cuet already. But that's point 1, what about point 2?
I agree with you that Thief have been fluff-ing all over the place and probably will not produce content.
Point two simply looks like a mistake to me. I don't think its that far fetched for someone to mistake most for majority.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (isolation #46) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

What does revealing our nominations accomplish exactly? Nothing that I can think of.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (isolation #47) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:11 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

tumescence wrote:
scotmany wrote:What does revealing our nominations accomplish exactly? Nothing that I can think of.
It gives us a likely town. See the reasoning in my previous post. We don't have to consider the saved person to be ABSOLUTELY town, but we can "accord him or her town status for the next 2 days".
No...we can't. The wonderful cuet brought it out to the open yesterday that the scum could no kill. There's a chance most of the nominations went to scum and that they no killed. Unlikely? Yes. But it's possible. I mean, we could reveal our nominations, but it would amount to nothing, and I personally don't want to give the scum insight into our nominations.

Your constant voting for sim based off of a contrived case is quite scummy.
tumescence wrote:I don't think that was distancing, but I can't convince you of that. Just out of curiosity, have you gone through some of my
posts elaborating why BB is blatantly town?
You have made no such posts. I went back and looked, and this is the only thing you posted about him:
tumescence wrote:
Blackberry:

As I've mentioned, he's towntelling all over the place. I iso'd him and found a random example:
Blackberry wrote: I feel the need to explain all my thoughts only because I do fear the possibility he *does* flip scum and then I would be instantly lynched next without question for not voting him and because of the silly POST #2 incident.
His thought process doesn't seem faked to me.
[/quote]
Where you failed to elaborate at all. All you did was quote BB, and call him town.
Vote count Day 4
(7 players alive = 4 to lynch before deadline)

(3) Blackberry – ZONEACE, Cuetlachtli, Simenon
(2) Cuetlachtli – nopointinactingup, Blackberry
(1) Simenon – tumescence

Not voting: scotmany12

:right: Deadline Day 4 is October 9
Last edited by Johoohno on Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (isolation #48) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Meh. Game is stalling. I'm considering hammering BB. I'll wait for everyone to check in.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (isolation #49) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:15 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Blackberry wrote:
ZONEACE wrote:I'm not voting anyone else today but BB.
Once again; another slip. Saying "today" suggests you know there will be a tomorrow.
Well this is extremely ridiculous, contrived, and complete BS.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (isolation #50) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:15 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Waiting for Sim to check in.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (isolation #51) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Alright

Vote: Blackberry
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (isolation #52) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:26 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Simenon wrote:That kill was a mistake.
Scotmany, who's scum?
Tum or nopoint. I've been confident all game that you are town, and I'm not getting any scummy vibes at all from zoneace. Leaning torwards Tum.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (isolation #53) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:49 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Nominated sim every night. Will tell tum why I believe sim to be town when I have more time.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (isolation #54) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:56 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Yeah...I'll get something up later today or tomorrow.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (isolation #55) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Very late on this. Sorry.
tumescence wrote:
scotmany wrote:I've been confident all game that [Simenon is] town...
Tell me why.
Sim was a leading force in both scum lynches. He could have easily vote for mothrax over tazaro and me over thief.

He was also adamant that there would only be two scum. As we know, that is not the case. And his whole interaction with blackberry during day one seems sincere. Same with his interaction with Cuet. I just generally have an overall town vibe from him.

Tum voting for me is strange. He has been certain all game that sim has been scum, and he switches to me all of a sudden, despite having town tells on me? Doesn't sit right. Why does he find it unlikely that sim could have nokilled as mafia?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (isolation #56) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

tumescence wrote:
and he switches to me all of a sudden, despite having town tells on me?
I could find towntells on both the mafia we've lynched: Thief and Tazaro. Scumhunting by process of elimination is lynching the person with the least towntells. It does not mean that anyone with a towntell on him is townie.
So why are you voting for me over sim then? He is apparently the one you have the least amount of towntells on.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (isolation #57) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:12 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Meh. Forgot the exact time of the deadline. Lynch tum tomorrow. He's definitely scum. Him choosing to vote for me over sim makes little sense from a town viewpoint.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”