Mini 1015 (GAME OVER - inquire within for results)

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #112 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Wow, game just started and there are already 5pgs. Will read them when I officially wake up and get to work way too early. I'm sorry I fell asleep early last night and am now up but unable to stay online.

/confirm
Be back in a few hours.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #116 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:10 am

Post by willows_weep »

Wow, okay, out of that 5 only 2.5 was real day one.

Within that text shotty is my main scum vibe atm. Not just because he was scum in the last game we were in together (Hello!) but well, shotty still gives the same vibe in general.

However, I'm not voting for shotty. I don't feel anyone at this point deserves a vote and I'm pretty sure we're out of RVS now with the last...say well this page :)

I must say
hug the mod
for being vigilant about the social and real world aspects of the game. As you can see in my signature, I'm totally down with being respectful.

/hug
:D
Last edited by esuriospiritus on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #125 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:12 am

Post by willows_weep »

uhm...so I had a post here...and pressed submit and was brought to a blank post review pg. lovely.

summation:
Friend, yes I am always cautious, and do not just throw my vote around. I only have one finished game on this updated site but I was mafia then. However, that's how I am (vote with conviction primarily)

However, I am trying to spice things up. It seems people get annoyed when one does not throw wild accusations based on their own assumptions/unsound logic. That in turn annoys me because some folks like to force others into their playing style :)

So, to save myself aggravation, I'm going to compromise.

I'll post a more detailed explanation of my vibes for shotty and one other person when I get home. Lol, my earlier post was shorter than expected because my coworker showed up earlier than usual (which is still late).

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #156 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:52 am

Post by willows_weep »

Okay, combed the threads and these are things most noticeable to me. Each section has questions for the specified person, but anyone can comment as I'd like to see your take on it.

Huge wall sectioned off in multi posts.
NS:

-Post 33, first to vote. Voted Seth for 'backpedaling' in response to random qustions shotty gave.
This is before day even begins. NS is notified by the players that the day hasn't started and regardless NS asks the mod for a votecount and NS stresses that they want to be in the voting stage regardless of the actual stage in game.

I find it odd to be so eager to vote PRE official RVS and then unvote to vote the mod (and of course unvote) when the mod said none of it counts.

It could read as scummy because: It could be easy for scum to stick out as uber town to be playfully vote happy in the beginning of a game. That way it is hard to take it seriously later on in game analysis.

-- Post 75: You changed your vote to Thor with the statement that "he knows why." Is this reason helpful to the town or...? If this isn't an inside joke...I probably missed something.

-Uhm, I don't understand post 123. What are you saying that you "can't" do?? I don't believe I've played any games with you....

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #157 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:53 am

Post by willows_weep »

Thor:

-Why were you so against Shotty from the beginning? Post 64 has you voting him for "unvoting for a weak reason" (during RVS) and a "RVS OMGUS."
Shotty had begun his vote stating it was to oppose what I read was DH's OMGUS under a personal context. In other words, they voted each other for the same reason. In the RVS stage your reasoning seems acceptable, except that when a mini wagon seems to form on Shotty, you state that you "like where this is going." (post 67)

- In post 87 you reply to Friend on your reasoning for being eager to start Shotty's wagon. You qoute something (from Shotty's post 73) you label as a statement making Shotty the "scummiest player thus far," but that qoute happened a considerable (relative) time after you started the wagon. So, it kind of ruins the intensity/intent of what you said in post 64.

The time frame and reasons for voting and starting a wagon do not add up. It doesn't match.

- You are pretty intense about nixing Shotty early in the game or at least to get the thread to follow up on him and the result is close scrutiny. Then, even though none of your reasonings for votng Shotty seem very grand, you make sure to
second
that unconfirmed players be given time to comment. Without that the wagon and nixing you started would "be full of fail" (post 102).

- Not sure if you're voting and posting your thoughts in this way to evaluate the responses of the other players (for the good of the town) or not. Could be that kind of gambit or just scummery. How I interpret it depends largely on the fact that I find the sequence of thoughts in posts 64 then 67 then 87 (as 87 references Shotty's post 73).

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #158 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:53 am

Post by willows_weep »

Shotty:

-Eh, I don't know. I figure he would have learned from the last game to try to fully explain his actions, try to rigorously defend himself, etc. However, everything about him still reads scummy. Perhaps it's just ...he doesn't seem too involved in being concerned about the ramifications of his words/actions/inactions and thus not able to rationalize them to the satisfaction of other players.

- Friend had a good question: Why pick to vote Enigma when it was your second vote that made it a mini wagon to begin with? NS and Snarky would have been fine if it were for the sake of a simple D1 wagon to generate discussion. I see you say in post 95 that the vote was a joke for RVS???? Are you saying that
your
vote was for RVS or that the bandwagon on you is full of RVS joke votes? That's the only way I can take your statement in post 95...and neither make sense considering that all of the related text/conversations are pretty serious in nature.

- Post 129: No way...That post looks like it took more energy than necessary and I can't believe it ended in a vote (as opposed to a FOS or HOS). Wow.
I don't like RVS either. One reason I don't like it because it celebrates supposed randomness, can get carried away and pro-town folks that have a hard time defending themselves against what may have been whimsy randomness get taken advantage of. In other words, I've seen way too many RVS work out perfectly for scum gambits!

Friend:

In post 115, you (sort of) defend Thor's honor and say that Thor did not want a nixing of Shotty. If you believe that is true regarding the content of Thors shotty related posts, what do you think Thor does want out of this??

- Also, why didn't you direct your question of my town/scum play to me?

- Post 134 you have an obvious misunderstanding with Seth. I read Seth's original post ( 133) as they had meant it (explanation post 135). So, to me that was obvious. However, in your confusion you immediately unvote and vote seth while asking for clarification? What's the point of asking if you're going to convict (within your singular power) before getting an answer?

-Also, OMG! I got a post edit return hug from the mod!! That is so awesome. Just for that and some other things, I'll play hard in this game!

I'll comment more on the current engagement for Uite, Friend and Seth when it's less of a quick volley.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #162 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by willows_weep »

oh, forgot to ask about the acronym VI.
What is that?

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #218 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:15 am

Post by willows_weep »

seth wrote:It seemed like he was OMGUS'ing Uite and his play reflected that of a VI/Noob.
Like I said earlier, I get what Seth said as a joke. An odd type of joke to make in the midst of a mafia game and on to a volatile (at that point) wagon. More of a joke to make on a hunch during/immediately after RVS. But a joke all the same.
(Would that be an example of WIFOM if one were to think Seth would not make that kind of joke if he were mafia because that's so obviously scummy??)

Anyway, while I am not wary of Seth because of the joke, I do have to question his extra reasons for voting.

Seth- You are saying you voted because of
1. Weak reason to vote Uite (post 130)
2. That weak reason seemed like an OMGUS to you
3. Shotty? had play you deemed as VI/Noobish

Is that correct? Hm, when you originally said that you had other reasons for being convinced/wary of Shotty but didn't automatically share them (post 153)...I thought maybe you needed to flesh your thoughts out, do some more investigative work, you didn't want to make shotty aware...
But, your reasons (given posts and posts after this conflict began) are pretty light weight.

If what I have in number three really was directed towards Shotty then...why would you vote him for that reason? Especially when Shotty and other players confirmed that his play style is always...something to be wary of.

I guess I'm saying that those 3 reasons you give in my opinion are not good/strong enough.
Tons better than Shotty's reasoning for voting Uite though :)

-Also, Friend I still find it wicked odd that you voted Seth hardcore on what you thought was a major
'I'm obviously mafia' type slip without talking it out first. Like, you really didn't even ask him a question to clarify.

Oddly enough, Friend isn't the only person that saw that as a slip.
I'd say that I can't wait until Endgame to see if Seth was Mafia or not and if that really was a slip.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #233 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Hm, I wouldn't think you were mafia and I wouldn't have considered it if I didn't just look at your join date.
Makes me want to look at your past games and check out your personality/track record.

Should I ask what "broski" is? It sounds like a way to say bro/refer to a person when you are actually tense/unsatisfied with them but trying to seem polite/incontrol.
Is this a correct assumption?

Joke logic at a L-2 point is kind of scummy. i would only tolerate that from someone who is ALWAYS aggressively putting on the pressure or from someone who may not have known that was wicked scummy (and they felt really sure about their vibe).

In the morning I'm going to try and track relationship trends in the thread. Just a way to think about scum partnerships.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #354 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Hi folks.
I thought I posted a V/LA here on Thursday night.... Maybe I only did it in my other game...maybe.

Anyway, I'm not lurking or anything. I was supposed to be on V/LA until some time Monday and then net access at work has been down, and busy, etc.

You all are soo..."snarky" with each other. It's intense on a quick re/read of the last 4 pgs. It was hilarious to read though...pms rage, random insults, contemplating catchphrases...whew.

Seth:
For now, Seth is my lowest consideration for scumminess at least until i dont read any emotional tension within 3 posts.

Shotty, well, seems opportunistic at the moment. However, since the mod didn't see that I was on V/LA I guess shotty didn't either. It's just that considering I was more readily present/posting in the thread before Thursday it seems a bit odd to bother to prod engagement with a vote. Though, I never know what to think of what Shotty does/says. I know he said it was to get me to talk more. Perhaps he was getting bored of the other arguments.

Friend:
Something about you turns me off a bit. It's in how you respond. It's like...you respond to every little thing that any/everyone says...I guess like you're always on guard. That's not quite defensiveness though. Being guarded worries me. I expect town to be very chill unless directly implicated or where there are big things to be passionate about. This leaves me with 3 different thoughts about you.

Uite and NS I find the most scummy. Both because they seem driven to vote/fos or rather think things are scummy that I don't. Maybe because of the context? Like NS, I don't know how knowing someone's gender would preclude to scum partnership. And if that's even one of two "major" points for scumminess in anyone's book...I feel that is too weak in this point of the game to even FOS!
So, it looks like mudslinging for no good reason. In other words, like scum trying to pin someone since we're running out of time.

Running out of time?
Well, we have a bit of time left, but no one has a real wagon going, no one is believed to be really scummy, etc. The thread is just 15pgs long because of arguments. I can't tell anything from all of the intensity from that alone!!! I don't know how scum hunting can be done well with that. Actually, scum hunting or town hunting! Think of how hard it must be for scum to pin a townie in this atmosphere.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #357 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Nobody Special wrote:So, reading jmurph in iso, she never explicitly mentioned her gender until AFTER Uite pointed it out.

It's entirely possible we've just found our scumteam. They've obviously talked about this pre-game in their scummy little QT.

Discuss.
I would vote NS for that. To me it's not entirely possible or even probable for the reason NS says we should discuss. NS presents it as like a breaking news report that interrupted a good show.
At the end of it I'm like..."really, but ...are you serious?"

So, I expect more than that. I know I'm not uber or even slightly aggressive with hunting, etc because that's just not me, but I dunno.

The vote would remain until good discussion came to discuss not why NS thought that was a good idea, but to flesh out NS's thoughts/opinions during extreme pressure. Then that's when learning happens.

I just came from a game where scum made a horrible and huge slip. Was immediately nixed. So, I'm not above thinking that mafia are so stealthy that they wouldn't say something really inappropriate even when they are not in the hotseat.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #358 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Since there is no wagon, no reason for immediate concern
vote: NS

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #365 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:28 am

Post by willows_weep »

My comp screen just broke I need to get a new comp.I am posting from my iPod touch.also have blackberry but it's tmobile. So inconsistent access.

Noted.
Last edited by esuriospiritus on Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #371 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by willows_weep »

I must say it is odd to take the time to make a list but if one wanted to be helpful for the town they would actually include everyone.not doing so gives the impression that you're making an arbitrary list thaat it doesn't matter.ie scum
hos shotty

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #403 (isolation #14) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:42 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Mac comes in mail on wednesday. However I'm in maine niw actually on vacay and my itouch isn't getting wifi everywhere and its taken 10m to get my blackberry scroll button? To work half way right so I could get to the text box to post! So electronics aren't helping my life much atm. Also thursdsay ill be leaving for another vacay. Ill still have some access and post within the minimum required at the very least. If folks want me replaced out before that that's fine.

unvote.
vote shotty

you are a follower, highly reactive / vote hopper, and truly your list makes no sense to me in terms of how you mismanaged it.

Good to hear you'll be back with us soon. I fixed your bold tags for you. :)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”