Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:38 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Hello MagnaofIllusion! Hello RetroAudio!
It's always nice to play with people you know. :)

And hello to Zang! I've been looking forward to your game. :)

Unfortunately, I can't say hello to my role PM because I don't have it.
Zang, could I get my role PM please?

I'll post some actual content once I have received my role PM.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by Mindgamer »

/confirm
MagnaofIllusion wrote:Lemon, can we "hate" on you for the irony of your interesting language choices in that last post in conjunction with your criticism of Zang's spelling? 8-)
H8ers gonna h8!

I feel like forming a bandwagon on someone. I see hate... I mean eight candidates in the votecount.

Vote: Lemon

I h8 people who vote me.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:56 pm

Post by Mindgamer »

Tasky wrote:well... quite the opposite; voting aggressively helps getting a discussion started, helps wake people up a little... I always found it an useful tactic in the early game when there is just little information available...
It also makes it so that you don't have to take responsibility for your early game votes, which is not good.
Tasky wrote:Questions!
b) how would you characterize your playing-style?
Unpredictable.

d) what do you think about bandwagons?
Bandwagons (not to be confused with lynchwagons) are awesome. They are an effective way of putting pressure on players and they give a lot of information (who is willing to join a certain bandwagon, who isn't? For what reason? Etc.). Bandwagons are also imo the perfect way to get out of RVS.

e) what do you think about RVS?
I think it sucks. RVS barely stimulates discussion, can go on for very long and is pretty much a time waster. There are much better game starters, for example bandwagons.

Lemon wrote:Secondly, I feel like you're acting quite scummy yourself. Taking it upon yourself to cement a pro-town position among us all, by actively posting. In addition, your spreading of blame that almost nears contempt of other players seems to further this idea. In your posts you have attacked Chihuahua, Tripod, Tasky, Clockwork and erratically attacked RetroAudio. Then when we add to this my first part, Mafia know who their enemies are, a full on attack towards Chihuahua, who obviously acts more newb than scum seems suspicious.
I disagree. Attacking and pressuring other players is a very effective scumhunting method. Why do you think this is scummy?
You also say that cementing a pro-town position is scummy... Being pro-town is being scummy now? I'd like you to elaborate on your post.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:00 am

Post by Mindgamer »

@ Chihuahua0 case
I think we shouldn't use any 'newbie passes' at all. This basically allows any possible slips in the future to be covered with more newbies card. However, I don't find Chihuahua0's posts that remarkable at all. I'm more interested in the wagon that has been formed. In particular Taska's response. A 'very big FoS'. I don't know what that is, but I assume it has near the same weight as a vote. Taska, at the start of the game you said you would stop your wishy-washy voting once decent discussion has started. But here I see you voting RetroAudio for ignoring questions and just one post later you give your very big FoS. I don't like it one bit.
AClockworkMelon wrote:
d) what do you think about bandwagons?

I'd rather people vote for someone because they think they're scum than because they want to follow a trend.
Cool. But the question is what you think of bandwagons, not what you think is optimal play.
chihuahua0 wrote:2> How do you hope to find scums?

The moment someone slips up and everyone piles onto him/her.
So you're just going to sit back and hope the scum present themselves to you? No. Scumhunting is about taking initiative.
chihuahua0 wrote:1> Are you Scum?

This is a test question, and almost any answer I use here will be used against me. No answer.
This is not the Weakest Link. We are trying to figure out your alignment here. Always answer questions.
Tasky wrote:I don't really agree with that... e.g. I think that someone is more likely to be passive if they are playing a role they dislike...
knowing ones favorite role can turn useful later on... see it as a kind of investment, everybody invests 10 seconds of their time to tell us their favorite role and maybe we get to use that information later in the game... it's probable that it won't serve any purpose, but it could be helpful later, so it's definitely an investment that's somehow favorable
That's a good thought actually. But why did you explain that before everyone had claimed? Now it's useless.
Equinox wrote:From a skim, the wagon and the suspicions I see being flung around are mostly on active players -- chihuahua0, RetroAudio, Tasky -- with little to no attention to lurkers or active lurkers. Active players say more things than lurkers, which makes it easier for everyone else to pick apart posts. Don't forget the lurkers or the people riding coattails.
You do realise you're a lurker yourself right? And in literary every post you're talking about needing a catchup or running short on time. Take your own advice to heart.

---

I played over 9000 marathon games with Youngminii yesterday and I've noticed that he likes to joke around when he's town and he's usually serious when he's scum. So far Youngminii has posted in a pretty serious manner. Marathon games aren't regular games but it's worth a mention.
From what I've seen from MagnaofIllusion so far, I think he's town. He's agressive, asks questions and forces people to take positions. I like it.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”