Mini 984 - Mafia in Mobsville - D6, game over!!

DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by DedicatedScribe »

Yeah, this is fun and all, but...

The person you should be voting for is Espeonage; I scanned him and 28 other players during Night 0, and his was the only result that came out: "Lynch This Guy Today Or You Die Tonight". Also, I am Lovers with Parama, and Super Awesome Mega Pimp is on my payroll. Should I continue?

vote DedicatedScribe
Sources say, this guy is scum.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Mitsuru Kirijo wrote:
Vote Espeonage
, for kiwism.
You've just failed my test. Now to see if the results are accurate...

unvote, vote Mitsuru Kirijo

Explain kiwism. Can you pronounce it? Can you explain its pronounciation through the use of the written word? Why Espeonage? Why not someone else..?
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:59 pm

Mitsuru Kirijo wrote:Kiwism, the act of prejudice towards someone because they are a kiwi. Pronounced kee wee is em because that's the way I thought of it in my mind. Espeonage because he said he was was voting someone because he was a kiwi.

Good enough?
You lie! You must have made that all up as soon as I attacked you for it. It is a much too convenient story!!!(!!!)
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:52 pm

This bad spelling is giving me a headache. Can't we all pretend to get along? Oh, wait. We are.

unvote; vote Espeonage

Did you say that because you wanted to sound active?
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:17 pm

Espeonage wrote:
DedicatedScribe wrote:This bad spelling is giving me a headache. Can't we all pretend to get along? Oh, wait. We are.

unvote; vote Espeonage

Did you say that because you wanted to sound active?
Espeonage can't comment. His brain asploded when the rvs information overload hit him square on the nose.

This thread is now about brain asplosions Image
Should we request a sub?
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:23 pm

We should be more serious. Espeonage is obviously trying to distract us by splaying his grey matter all over the thread.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:25 am

Ohhhhh! Ask questions and then accuse to get out of the RVS. Speaking of which, I'll answer them all soon enough. On mobile now, and cannot properly respond to your Q's.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:00 pm

ICEninja wrote:
SAMP wrote: Also using my extremely amazing power of predicting the future I have determined that ICEninja is going to ASK EVERYONE SOME QUESTIONS
Yes, these.
Can everyone let me know their timezone? This is good to know because some people live on the other side of the world and post at strange times, and we could be waiting for you during lylo or something.
I also would like to see how much mafia experience you have.
Finally, how much general activity can we expect from you?

I'm west coast, have played about 6 games now, and post extremely actively.

This game has 4 of the players from my last game, so this will be interesting for sure. This RVS is quite out of control, so I won't be participating this time until I nail down a few strange feelings I have about the way this game has started and the people involved in its eccentricity.
I'm EST. So right now, its just about 8PM ^^.

Your opinions of our RVS make me think. I don't see what makes it more out of control than normal.

I've got enough mafia experience to take responsibility for each and every one of my mistakes, and never make a noob-claim. However, my play style is still ineffective, and I'm more used to a different venue, and thus a different opponent. This affects how I do things immensely, especially the effectiveness thereof.

My activity shall be wonderful, for I am a student enjoying summer vacation. However, I've decided to have a life this summer; let's see how that goes. And there is the chance that my grandparents will cause me to spend a large amount of time at their home. They don't have the trustworthy internet I yearn for, but we'll see how it goes.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:21 pm

Porochaz wrote: GMT but that won't matter much, you'll just have to wait or be sensible and patient.

I have lots of experience which you can find through the search engine, Im an experience mod, ICer and player, playing since I started and only had about a 2 month break in between (ie, this is my first game since that break) and I will be modding a newbie large game very soon

I also post as much as I feel is necassery in a game, if it interests me I will post more, if it doesnt I will post less. It varies throughout.

Also staying out of the RVS isn't really a good choice. Also it hasnt gone out of control compared to site meta. I don't like brain explosions, however keeping out RVS is a detriment to the start of the game and automatically singles you out as someone who won't be able to contribute later.
vote ICENinja

That is not a random vote.
Technically, this is inaccurate. Though he isn't participating in the RVS by randomly voting, he is completing the necessary task of bringing its end and causing the creation of useful information.
Mitsuru Kirijo wrote:Random voting can usually trigger someone to make a mistake when they blurt out too much. It's a great way to make someone let out a scumtell.
This happens rarely.
Porochaz wrote:Thats why you should vote ICENinja.
So you are thinking ICENinja has made a mistake by blurting out too much? This is inaccurate.
Porochaz wrote:Sometimes they do.

It sucks when that happens.

However if you are to afraid to put a vote down it makes the rvs pointless.
It does, doesn't it? (UNLESS YOU'RE SCUM!!!!!!!!!!!) I really, really, don't like this post. At all.
FoS Porochaz

Mitsuru Kirijo wrote:Random votes will bring out some more information a lot of the time, so that often by the end of the day, the vote is based more on actual facts than random guesses. And if everyone votes No Lynch, chances are two of us will be dead when Night One ends. And more likely than not it's gonna be Town. So keep up the random Voting. Someone will slip up. It's just a matter of when and how.
This is a little...dumb? "Yes, let's randomly vote so that at the end of the Day, our votes won't be random anymore!" That's not what you're saying, but you're effectively saying that the RVS is a very useful and reliable l tool for scum-finding. The RVS isn't something you just sit on. It's something that allows conversation to begin...and then accusations. These accusations get replaced by more valid accusations, and so on. Or not. Which is what we call a mislynch (or a lucky-awesome-lynch).
Concerned wrote:
Porochaz wrote:You need to realise RVS isn't that important and its best to get out of it ASAP. You have strung numerous sentences there and you are discounting scenarios that aren't even being considered. I would say the RVS is effectively over.
Well first let me say that I'm not the biggest advocate of the RvS, but I kind of disagree with what you are saying here.

One thing I have observed with a town that uni-formally ends the RvS early is that it tends to lead to the "post RvS slump" here I am referring to the stage of the game where the RvS is ended abruptly, say 3 pages in and the town is forced to vote "with reason" where there simply isn't any reason to be found. How can we make an informed decision after 2 1/2 pages of dubious content.

In a number of games I've played the town has taken an anti-RvS mentality, and once the RvS was declared over activity just drops. At best people have to stretch for reasons and at worst no-one can think of any informed angles and people stop posting.

Our day phase is fairly long, I don't see the harm in having a 3 to 4 day RvS when we have weeks. As someone has mentioned; relevant an usable information is bound to crop up.
Well said. Null-tell, though.
Mitsuru Kirijo wrote:So then, shall we keep the RVS going that little while longer?
Let the RVS end itself.
ICEninja wrote:
Porochaz wrote: Also staying out of the RVS isn't really a good choice. Also it hasnt gone out of control compared to site meta. I don't like brain explosions, however keeping out RVS is a detriment to the start of the game and automatically singles you out as someone who won't be able to contribute later.
First he makes the leap that since I'm not willing to participate in this RVS, I have been a detriment to the start of this game and feels like I won't be contributing later. You obviously haven't played with me yet. I frequently don't participate in the RVS, and am almost always one of the most significant contributors to any given game.

Then just a few posts later you say this.
Porochaz wrote: You need to realise RVS isn't that important and its best to get out of it ASAP. You have strung numerous sentences there and you are discounting scenarios that aren't even being considered. I would say the RVS is effectively over.
And then this.
Porochaz wrote: Fact is there is an anti RVS mentality for a reason. In that its random as the name suggests and lots of stuff that people think comes from it, is random. Its why there is an increasing strategy on ms to not random vote but to ask questions right from the word go.
It seems like you've contradicted yourself somewhat by being the one to take us out of the RVS by making the first genuine vote and telling everyone that getting out of the RVS early is best, but using reasons to vote me that implies you actually have the opposite mentality.

You're also playing the experience card and dictating how the game should be paced. This is fine considering the guy you are referring to seems to be new to MS, but I'm definitely concerned about you doing a lot of game dictation as the day goes on. I'm not assuming anything, but I'll definitely be watching you.
(
FoS Parama
)?

Bad argument is bad. The posts don't contradict. And you used "seems". Hm...
AlmasterGM wrote:
Mitsuru Kirijo wrote:The fact is at the end of the day I have a different style of play to you, and I prefer to keep the RVS going. I'm still not gonna vote you for your style of play. I've seen results come from keeping up the RVS.
You don't sound like you want to keep up the RVS, you sound like you want to ask other people whether keeping it up would be OK because you want to be on the popular side of things.
Yes, it does sounds like noob-play to me. Don't worry, you'll get better ^^

Conclusion:
vote Porochaz

I'm gettin the bad vibes. I trust my vibes. They talk to me, ya'know? Almost as if they could explain themselves if someone asked me about them, if necessary. Almost.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:26 pm

ah.
unvote
;
vote Porochaz
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:30 pm

ICEninja wrote:
Amish wrote: ICEman, who's deliberately not talking until we can meet his arbitrary level of contact. I'll call it Diet Lurking.
Unless you haven't read the handful of posts ahead of yours, you'll have noticed that I presented suspicion towards Porochaz. I'm not sure how that can possibly translate in to deliberately not talking, or lurking of any flavor.
Scribe wrote: Bad argument is bad. The posts don't contradict.
He votes me for not participating in the RVS, as I was seeking a way to end it, but he is doing the exact same thing himself. It was a hypocritical vote, and he proved it in the second and third quotes.
Scribe wrote: And you used "seems". Hm...
I've noticed a lot of people are allergic to non absolute language here on MS. Have you considered that this early in the game, without a single death and no vote analysis, that there is absolutely no way for town to have absolute information beyond their role, outside of the occasional mason? Using non absolute language like "seems" and "maybe" and "might" imply that we notice something but are not sure about it. That is exactly the case with all day 1 accusations made by town.

That being said, people making cases several days in should be using more absolute language because town actually has information at that point.

Going on gut reads is fine for day 1, but I tend to not do such things. Call it a play style difference, but I probably won't be putting a vote down until I feel like I have a sufficiently good reason to do so.
You have to use your gut when the fact is not there ^^
Mitsuru Kirijo wrote:Phew. This is intense stuff. I'll need to think more carefully about what I say.
If you think too carefully, you'll look like scum. or at least that's what happens to me.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:49 am

AlmasterGM wrote:
Misturu Krijo wrote:Maybe cause I'm new. I dunno. I guess I'm unused to playing this game online rather than with close friends, so I'm still adapting a little.
DedicatedScribe wrote:Yes, it does sounds like noob-play to me. Don't worry, you'll get better ^^
Misturu wrote:Phew. This is intense stuff. I'll need to think more carefully about what I say.
DS wrote:If you think too carefully, you'll look like scum. or at least that's what happens to me.
Seriously, could this
possibly
look any more like the intentional dropping the newbcard followed by coaching and defense from the more experienced scum partner? I'm fine with new players being confused at first, but DS's second comment is ludicrous.

Unvote.
Vote: DedicatedScribe.

FOS: Misturu

If one of these flips scum I'd be 99% sure the other is as well.
I see what you're saying, but I tend to try to help all the noobs be less nooby. Noobs cause mislynches. I don't see how coaching can be considered scummy, and one must always be cautious when lynching noobs.

Most importantly, Mitsuru may very well be scum, but I most certainly am not.
Parama wrote:
Mitsuru Kirijo wrote:Phew. This is intense stuff. I'll need to think more carefully about what I say.
If you're town you can be 100% honest in every post without even trying and you really wouldn't have to think about what you're saying because as an honest townie nothing you say can really be scummy. But a statement like the one you made here is not OK at all.
unvote, vote: Mitsuru
lol, the fact that he is being voted for that post is hilariously ironic, but valid.

I still find it hard to vote for noobs. I'm always wrong when I do. And the evidence so far doesn't much help my fear of noob-mislynch.

The only good defense Mitsuru can play is something that sums up to the noobcard- again. It's still a pretty valid defense. I find nooblynching a much more valid enterprise when more subtle and insidious qualities of the noob in question are found, ones that the noobcard can't dispell.

All I'm sayin' is that the info is not sufficient.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #12) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:52 am

Parama wrote:There's plenty of info to go off of, it's sufficient for at least a wagon at this point. You're generating nice scumlinks - I agree that if we lynch Mitsuru and he flips scum then you're a great place to start for tomorrow.
If you say so. But of course there's enough for a wagon. I'm just explaining why I don't have a strong view of Mitsuru as scum ^^.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:57 pm

quick note (I've little more time): my FoS Parama was an implied wondering of why the quoted person didn't FoS Parama.

Basically, I was saying "Shouldn't this FoS be here?"

I'll be back. I'm not scum ^^

Also, I think I explained my position on careful thinking. When I think too carefully, my statements are fake; visibly fake. And when this is percieved, valid suspicions arise. I'd rather be able to explain my statements by explaining my intent. When I think carefully, the intent disappears or becomes abstracted. It's hard to explain, but it's my policy on posting.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #14) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:06 am

Ah, sorry, I was away for a bit and I forgot to post. I'll re-read and get back to you. Probably with a wall post.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 am

ICEninja wrote:I would like to draw everyone's attention to Espeonage's ISO for a quick (and I do mean quick) read. For a brief summary, i'll go ahead and outline everything Espeonage has contributed to the game so far.

ISO 0-6 were all RVS and such. No content contributed here.
ISO 7 was one word, unvote. No explanation, no scum hunting, no digging, nothing at all.
ISO 8 was 2 words, voting me. Once again, absolutely no explanation, which is extremely terrible.
ISO 9 is essentially saying "I'm voting you because I don't like how you're playing" without any detail what so ever.
ISO 10 seems to be annoyed that I'm asking Espeonage to play the game.
ISO 11 is, sadly enough, probably the best post Espeonage has made so far, and still almost completely void of content.
ISO 12 and 13 are both about being confused between SAMP and SSBF.

Is anyone else seeing a problem here? Unexplained unvote and vote, getting names mixed up, never actually going back to check what the SAMP case would have been, as if 6 pages would have been a tough read considering half of it was RVS anyway. It is pretty clear to me that Espeonage is giving the absolute minimum effort required, which is something that scum frequently does on day 1.

Since AGM is no longer at L-2 I want to keep my vote there so that there is still some pressure on AGM, but I'm considering switching my vote to Espeonage if this general lack of anything useful doesn't change.
You know there's not much pressure if you give the hint that you're planning to change your vote. Now to mull all this crap over, and post my conclusions, for what they're worth.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:36 am

Oops, forgot this part.
Porochaz wrote: No. He is doing the opposite, by not participating he is not helping so that when we get out of RVS we have no information on him. Effectively making the RVS pointless.

He is giving us information by asking and answering questions. Not participating in the RVS doesn't necessarily mean he's going to lurk.
Mitsuru Kirijo wrote:Random voting can usually trigger someone to make a mistake when they blurt out too much. It's a great way to make someone let out a scumtell.
This happens rarely.
So you are thinking ICENinja has made a mistake by blurting out too much? This is inaccurate.
No, Ive stated the exact opposite as my reasoning for voting him. You need to read the game properly. The purpose of that post was to push my point on ICENinja further.
No, I didn't misread it. In your post you claimed that ICENinja was doiing this. I understand your purpose, but all in all, the post was inaccurate.
Porochaz wrote:Sometimes they do.
It sucks when that happens.
However if you are to afraid to put a vote down it makes the rvs pointless.
It does, doesn't it? (UNLESS YOU'RE SCUM!!!!!!!!!!!) I really, really, don't like this post. At all.
FoS Porochaz
Your Mastin aren't you? Chopping and misrepping posts up to make your case when it doesnt make much sense... when a random stage lynch goes through it is usually a nightmare for town, for one thing its usually a mislynch, the second thing is, its random voting so no real vote analysis can be done the next day, beyond looking at the hammerer who more often than not has made a mistake.
I wasn't really making a case ^^. More like trying to push your buttons. I've yet to misrep or chop a single post, however. I've just got bad vibes about you :). No real voting analysis can occur if the voting is random. Besides, it shouldn't be too hard to keep a random mislynch from happening, unless its followed by consecutive lynches of now obvscum.
ICEninja wrote:
Porochaz wrote: Also staying out of the RVS isn't really a good choice. Also it hasnt gone out of control compared to site meta. I don't like brain explosions, however keeping out RVS is a detriment to the start of the game and automatically singles you out as someone who won't be able to contribute later.
First he makes the leap that since I'm not willing to participate in this RVS, I have been a detriment to the start of this game and feels like I won't be contributing later. You obviously haven't played with me yet. I frequently don't participate in the RVS, and am almost always one of the most significant contributors to any given game.
Then just a few posts later you say this.
Porochaz wrote: You need to realise RVS isn't that important and its best to get out of it ASAP. You have strung numerous sentences there and you are discounting scenarios that aren't even being considered. I would say the RVS is effectively over.
And then this.
Porochaz wrote: Fact is there is an anti RVS mentality for a reason. In that its random as the name suggests and lots of stuff that people think comes from it, is random. Its why there is an increasing strategy on ms to not random vote but to ask questions right from the word go.
It seems like you've contradicted yourself somewhat by being the one to take us out of the RVS by making the first genuine vote and telling everyone that getting out of the RVS early is best, but using reasons to vote me that implies you actually have the opposite mentality.
Moving on... I can see why you think Im contradicting myself here but I'm not. Contributing to the RVS is needed because it gives information about you as a player that can be used to judge in the early stages, by ducking out of that you are refusing to show us who you are which would be of much more benefit for scum to do. At the same time however, its better to get out of the random stage because it doesn't substitute to actual scumhunting. Hence the position I stand in. Remember my votes at the moment are more digging around for information rather than saying conclusively you are scum. FoS's don't really cut it in my game and whilst I occassionally make them they aren't really worth it as they mean f-all.
Randomly voting doesn't do much at giving information about you as a player. Your thoughts on the RVS are kind of swirled around, even with your explanation, but then again, so are mine.
You're also playing the experience card and dictating how the game should be paced. This is fine considering the guy you are referring to seems to be new to MS, but I'm definitely concerned about you doing a lot of game dictation as the day goes on. I'm not assuming anything, but I'll definitely be watching you.
True and I don't want to be making a habit out of that and will try not to. I hate ICing and this isn't a newbie game so there should be no need as you all should have at least some experience. However its a fact that I do have more experience than you so will have a better idea of site meta and in certain circumstances I would be able to back up a point I make by linking to past games etc. Again, will try not to be doing that too often. I dont want to sound condescending or a know it all, when in actuality there are many players out there better than me.
(
FoS Parama
)?
Not understanding this one
I explained that last part.
ICEninja wrote:
Almaster wrote: I'd be all for skipping replacement and lynching the slot.
You, sir, just proposed a policy lynch on page 4. After we lynch him, what do you think the flip odds are? Everything he's done so far is a null tell because of not having an idea of how we play here at MS. It would be about a 1 in 4 chance. Then we go to day 2 with what? Almost nothing. No, this benefits scum hugely and screws town over.
So yes, now it's time for my vote to come down.
Vote AlmasterGM
I don't think he was serious. Oh...he was. Hm...
Parama wrote:I'm not changing my vote. Mitsuru cracked under pressure, and as soon as a wagon formed on him he flaked. It's not a policy lynch - we caught scum and they ducked out as soon as they'd been caught. SSBF voting before even reading the thread based on what ICE has said is also totally scumlinkish.
No...townies can do this too. I know this to be true.
Porochaz wrote:On page 4 and what looks like a newbie realising hes been too pressured? I think thats a bit harsh. Out of interest what have you done within these 4 pages?
4:8 would in my view be very difficult to balance, I wouldn't be running a mini game with 4:8, put it this way 2:10 scum to vanilla ratio with no special roles has been played approxamitely 8/9 times on site and town has only 1 once and that was an xyzzy game where half the players got replaced. In the games I ran, Lost Mafia had 2 mafia with the potential for a 3rd, Door Mafia had 3, Batman Mafia had 3. None thus far had an SK. However as SK also has a detriment to scum, having an SK and 3 mafioso could be a valid possibility or having 2x 2 membered scum groups.
+1
AlmasterGM wrote:
ICEninja wrote:
Almaster wrote: I'd be all for skipping replacement and lynching the slot.
You, sir, just proposed a policy lynch on page 4. After we lynch him, what do you think the flip odds are? Everything he's done so far is a null tell because of not having an idea of how we play here at MS. It would be about a 1 in 4 chance. Then we go to day 2 with what? Almost nothing. No, this benefits scum hugely and screws town over.
So yes, now it's time for my vote to come down.
Vote AlmasterGM
You, sir, don't know what a policy lynch is. Policy lynching is when you get rid of a player not because they are scummy, but because they consistently play in an anti-town manner or are impossible to read. I advocate no such thing. Both my vote and my FOS are down because their respective players have acted scummy. Misturu Kirijo replacing out because of a few votes on page 4 only supercharges my prior suspicions. Moreover, a replacement does not absolve his slot of past crimes - otherwise, mafia could just replace out whenever they came under fire and never die. Thus, I am suggesting we lynch the slot
because it is scummy
. Not as a policy lynch.
And I'd much prefer a lynch on my current vote over MK anyway.
I disagree with your opinions. Mitsuru replacing out, to me, is also a nulltell. And I coached the newbie with completely protown intentions. Besides, the number of issues you have with me are far fewer than the ones you have with Mitsuru, yet you chose to vote for me. Why is that? Because Mitsuru is (more) nooby?
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote:I'd be happy with lynching either, that's why I'm voting for one and FOSing the other. This doesn't, however, mean I don't have a preference as to who I'd rather lynch more.
Seeing as you have a vote and two FOS's down, this should make perfect sense to you.
I see your point here, but the problem isn't that you have a preference when it comes to who you would rather lynch more, the problem I had with that post is that it looked like you wanted an immediate lynch on my slot even thought you had a bigger suspect to go after.
DedicatedScribe wrote:quick note (I've little more time): my FoS Parama was an implied wondering of why the quoted person didn't FoS Parama.
Basically, I was saying "Shouldn't this FoS be here?"
Fair enough, it clears up the confusion. However...
I find these quotes interesting...
DedicatedScribe wrote:Most importantly, Mitsuru may very well be scum, but I most certainly am not.
DedicatedScribe wrote:I'll be back. I'm not scum ^^
I find them interesting because it feels like you're trying to avoid suspicion a bit.
Well, I squirm when there's a lot of suspicion on me. Makes me unconfortable. Like it did Mitsuru. Besides, would you like it if people suspected that you were scum? It's stressful business, to say the least. If you get mislynched, most of the time its your own fault. My sole intention for saying "I'm not scum" was to reduce nerves. None other.
ICEninja wrote:
Almaster wrote: You, sir, don't know what a policy lynch is. Policy lynching is when you get rid of a player not because they are scummy, but because they consistently play in an anti-town manner or are impossible to read.
Lynching someone on page 4 for replacing at a bad time is a policy lynch. Policy lynching is not limited to anti town players, there are tons of policy lynches. lynch all lurkers, lynch all liars, and lynch replacements are all policy lynches.
Almaster wrote: Misturu Kirijo replacing out because of a few votes on page 4 only supercharges my prior suspicions. Moreover, a replacement does not absolve his slot of past crimes - otherwise, mafia could just replace out whenever they came under fire and never die. Thus, I am suggesting we lynch the slot because it is scummy.
Yes, scummy. But worth a lynch? What do you have to go off of? A few comments on a person who has been playing on the site for all of 4 days, never being in the newbie queue and apparently not having read any games? And then realizing that this is intense and switching out?
Seriously, consider if you're wrong. What do we have to go off of for day 2? We'll have almost nothing, and give the scum a chance for a free shot at us without even establishing anything for day 2.
This is exactly a policy lynch. Had we flat out caught him in a lie of some kind, damning as hell, scummy as hell, still a policy lynch.
His slot isn't clean by any measure. I haven't absolved anyone of anything, nor would I agree with anyone who says so. However, after a few pages of content come out, I'm going to weigh Smasher's posts more than the newbie he replaced.
So the slot is mildly scummy. Does that mean we lynch it already? You're a lot scummier than that slot for pushing for lynches so early in the game, does that mean we should lynch you on the spot? While town is noted for occasionally wasting time in prolonging a day, I'm sure everyone here can agree with you that we are not ready to end day 1, even if we feel like we've sure fire nailed scum already.
Also as Innocent points out, there would have been no chance for a claim. The odds of hitting a power role would have been just as good as the odds of hitting scum.
TL;DR - Almaster did indeed push for a policy lynch, and it was scummy.
--
I also noticed Scribe mentioning twice that he isn't scum, attempting to soft claim early. It is odd, I'm not sure what to make of it at the moment.
Soft claim what? Not-scum? Doesn't everyone try to make everyone think that?
Anyways, as the wikia says,
A policy lynch is an argument for the lynch of a player that may be advanced not because the player is found to be particularly scummy, but because the player's bad play will hurt the town later on.
So I must disagree with you. I still find Almastar's lynch-pushing tactics a little suspicious. But not very, as this seems to fit within his meta.
ICEninja wrote:You advocated a lynch on page 4 before developing any reads on nearly half the town. This is scummy as hell.
Hm...I'm sure Porochaz has done the same thing. I disagree that it is "scummy as hell". Almastar pushes all his lynches. Suspicious, but not scummy. I'm unbiased on the issue still...
AlmasterGM wrote:I'd be all for skipping replacement and lynching the slot.
AlmasterGM wrote:@I am Innocent on the claim issue - In the last game I saw SSBF in, he claimed VT when he was cop, so you're not going to get a legit claim anyway. That being said, you are right, I probably would have wanted a claim if we got closer to L-1.
How can you get a role claim if no one's in the slot to do it? O.o
AlmasterGM wrote:Whatever, it's pretty clear I'm not going to get out of this wagon. When I said I would lynch the slot, I did not think it would be taken so seriously and make as many waves as it did. Something to keep in mind for future games, I suppose. This doesn't, however, mean I change my position - I still think that DS and SSBF are the scum. I think their 4 post back and fourth combined with MK's quick exit is incredibly telling.
The whole coaching thing again? Why is it so bad to help a noob with his noobssues? I can understand where you're coming from, but I'm not getting lynched for that sole reason. Or at least, I'll go down fighting, and finish with an I TOLD YOU SO.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:21 am

First off, my previous post wasn't made AFTER reading the thread, but during, if it helps to explain it a bit. My thoughts and opinions evolved as I continued. Sorry about the multi-post. I messed up a bit with the whole posting and time management thing.

post analysis of almastar:
0. Irrelevant.
1. ICEninja vote; no justification, except an implied like of the wagon.
2. Points out the flaw in Mitsuru's opinions of RVS, and his noobyness. Accuses Mitsuru of trying to follow the majority's opinions.
3. Accuses me and Mitsuru of being scumbuddies; particularly of an intentional noobcard drop, and coaching. Decides that if one of us is scum, both of us are most likely scum.
4. Makes reckless statement advocating the lynch of Mitsuru. Heads proceed to roll.
5. Tries to explain that he did not just advocate a policy lynch on page 4.
"And I'd much prefer a lynch on my current vote [DedicatedScribe] over MK anyway."

6. Contradicts post 6.
"This doesn't, however, mean I don't have a preference as to who I'd rather lynch more."
(-1)
7. Responds to I Am Innocent, stating that he wouldn't trust Mitsuru's claim, anyways, but then says that he would have tried to get one. Contradiction, as he had recently advocated lynching a slot and not waiting for a replacement to come and claim. (-1) Reiterates his statement that he never advocated a policy lynch. Reiterates the post6 contradiction.
8. Again reiterates his claims that he had never pushed a policy lynch with same reasoning. Expresses annoyance at Ice and IAI not agreeing with him on the subject of his advocation of lynching Mitsuru's slot without waiting for a replacement. Seems oblivious to his contradiction. Responds to policy-lynch argument that the accusation reflected more on his personality than his alliance.
9. Tries to revise his position by explaining away his contradictions, calling post4 an exaggerated proposal he didn't plan to follow. Accuses ICEninja of prioritizing wagon popularity over vote accuracy.
10. (Yes)
11. Explains more clearly that post4 was never meant to be taken seriously. Contradicted by post5, since in post 5, no point about the seriousness of post4 was made. Reiterates that he believes I and the Mitsuru-slot are scum, saying that our conversation and Mitsuru's exit were "extremely telling". Does not elaborate.
12. Reiterates that he didn't mean for post4 to be taken literally, that it was meant to emphasize his surety that I and Mitsuru am scum.

I'm not very good at the formulating into an attack thing, but practice makes perfect ^^.

Almastar's attack on me is valid, though the conclusions are untrue. He thinks my coaching and defense of Mitsuru was an act of chumminess, but I did so with pro-town intentions: to keep a mislynch of a noob from happening; an event I have suffered from in almost every mafia I've been in where a noob was present. I would have helped any obvnoob (unless he was obvscum), and still plan to help every obvnoob (not-obvscum) in the future. It fits into my metagame, if you'd like to check. I try not to assume that the obvnoob is obvtown, but I still haven't entered a mafia where my vibes about the noob were untrue. The line between nooby and scummy is kind of blurry and thick, and I emphasize this with all of my opinions of noobs. Especially now, since half of the noobs in all my mafia games who got lynched were lynched with my help. I am NOT the best ever at this game, but I feel that I'm getting better.

Now as for him.
FoS Almastar blah

Almastar's posts work into his meta. This is true. Post 4 should not be taken seriously. That granted, we still have 11 other posts to look at. His posts still have a bit of contradiction within them, ignoring the ones that contradict post 4. My opening Q's:

Do you prioritize my lynch over Mitsuru or not?

Why didn't you say that post 4 wasn't serious earlier? Why did you change from defending your post to "But I really didn't mean it!"?

I'm going to focus on someone else ASAP. I call it the Multiple Finger Trick.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #18) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:58 am

Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #19) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:59 am

Oh, nvm. Doesn't really matter. You'll say its different because you said "vote" and not "lynch".
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:03 am

Porochaz wrote:
DedicatedScribe wrote:Oh, nvm. Doesn't really matter. You'll say its different because you said "vote" and not "lynch".
That is different!
Yes...that's what I said.

Now...I'm going to go through a few more people's posts and see if an epiphany occurs. I heard those things are awesome.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:16 am

Amish-Charney:
0. Random vote
1. Random statement
2. Answers those first questions; he has limited mafia exp, and, as contradicted by fact, tries to post once or twice a day...and more useless/random crap
3. Some content. I guess. Agrees with me that the RVS is average and not off the wall (despite the brain asplosion). He accuses Mitsuru of scumminess for trying to go with the majority (the same accusation I believe Almastar made earlier [correct me if I'm wong], and also ICEman for "deliberately not talking until we can meet his arbitrary level of contact", called "Diet Lurking". (Note: does this second accusation seem similar to what Espeonage is doing?]
4. EBWOP: "arbitrar level of content"

Instead of posting once or twice a day...that is his last post of the Day. All of his content can be found elsewhere in the thread, stated before he said it. By someone else. Hm.

Thoughts?

I can't continue looking at everybody atm, but I should return later today. Maybe in the next few hours. Cheers. And again, sorry for my inability to form attacks and such. Activity could use a boost.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:31 am

I Am Innocent wrote:
Parama wrote:Alamaster is playing aggressive, and people want to lynch him for that? *sigh*
Not sure I want to lynch him yet, but he is my top suspect.

And no, it has nothing to do with his aggressiveness. If he followed up his initial post with a "just kidding", or "no, I expected a chance for a role claim prior to lynch", I would have been fine with it.

But he followed up his initial post saying the replacement wasn't likely to give us a true role claim anyway. Almost like that is why he suggested the lynch in the first place.

Problem is, the replacement wasn't announced until AFTER Alamaster made that initial lynch request. Contradiction as I see it.
That's what I said ^^

But is it scummy? Almastar unseriously suggesting we all get together and lynch Mitsuru before he's replaced? Not really. Once called out for it, one may say he acted strangely or contradictorily. In truth, his position and defense of himself for that post changed a few times in his subsequent posts. But he also noted that he wasn't used to people taking his post seriously. This doesn't really alleviate much, as he, again, should have said something like this sooner...Yes, we need more time before we can call him anything more than a prime suspect.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #23) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:45 am

wonderful. Almastar is clear for now. Lemme check out Espeonage. I would follow up Almastar further, but it seems like a pointless pursuit.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #24) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:48 am

Mmmmm...Nvm, I still need to follow Almastar some more. He didn't sufficiently answer everything. ASAP.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #25) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:52 am

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
DedicatedScribe wrote:wonderful. Almastar is clear for now. Lemme check out Espeonage. I would follow up Almastar further, but it seems like a pointless pursuit.
DedicatedScribe wrote:Mmmmm...Nvm, I still need to follow Almastar some more. He didn't sufficiently answer everything. ASAP.
This is an obvious contradiction performed here. He said that AlmasterGM was cleared and that he would check out Espeonage. However, in the second post I quoted, he back pedels by saying he needs to follow AlmasterGM. Really doesn't make much sense here.
I said NEVERMIND. That means I changed my mind?
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #26) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:39 am

0. Notes the fact that he's played with most of the people in this mafia before. Random vote.
1. Random statement.
2. More random stuff. (brain asplosion)
3. More.
4. Answers ICEninja's Q's.
5. More crap.
6. More crap.
7. Unvote, no explanation
8. Vote for ICEninja; no explanation.
9. Explains post 8. " I don't like the way you are playing. What little there is so far has been said. No reason to add to it."
10. Refuses to elaborate on his reasons for thinking ICE is scum.
11. Tells everyone that AGM is at L-2 (for those that don't yet know that). Says he likes it, but is not ready to join it, due to the current length of Day 1. (
Quick Q: Was it really L-2?
) He doesn't understand the case on SAMP (as there wasn't).
12. Explains why he thought there was a case on SAMP.
13. Corrects his mistake in post 11.
14. Explains post 0, saying that "There is plenty of meta on my floating around".
15. EBWOP.
16. EBWOP.
17. Lists all the people who he's played with, focusing on the meta provided, and the defense it provides by explaining his playstyle.
18. Says that no one is particularly scummy, except for ICEninja and Porochaz, who are minorly scummy. Unvotes to remove pressure by ICEninja.

I don't like Espeonage's playstyle...so far, its seemed to be unproductive. He's the person who waits for content instead of making it happen. My first opinion on him is that he fits my definition of a safe lynch. He's going to be very hard to read, and it wouldn't take much to get me to hammer him if the opportunity arises.

vote Espeonage
until changes occur. I'm going to keep looking at other people.

As for Almastar, I was wrong, as it seems after more looking into him. I won't vote him today unless future posts by him provoke me to. Sorry about the misread. I thought you were wrong and I was right. How haughty of me.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #27) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:45 am

Sigh...if you aren't actively scumhunting, what are you doing except actively lurking?
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #28) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:09 am

Oh.
unvote; vote Espeonage
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #29) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:50 am

Porochaz wrote:
easjo682 wrote:
Poro wrote:I don't buy into the voting for a claim thing that I am viewing purely as a rolefishing exercise, however if Al was put to L-1 and he is a power role, what then
the thing I find about claims is they're not usually believed anyway, people will usually be of the train of thought of "he's making it up"

Im wondering if I should create a "thats bullshit" button, whenever I think someone is speaking out of there ass. Anyway this is a point Id be pressing that button.
Actually...it exists.

Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #30) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:02 am

So who wants to lynch Espeonage?
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #31) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:38 am

I don't like easjo. He seems like a pretender.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #32) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:41 am

Still...its hard to elaborate as more than suspicion. I'll wait for more content.

Easjo: Why didn't you voice any suspicion of Almastar (or pretty much anyone) until prompted to? Even afterwards, very little attention was put toward Almastar, except for his use of double negatives.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #33) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:05 pm

We need to wait for Espeonage before anyone hammers, obviously.

But as for Day 1, we could make it longer, but the result would be bad. If you let the day move naturally without making hasty decisions or being too cautious, then it will last long enough and exactly long enough every time. This is one of those days. If Espeonage can do something amazing, so be it; the day will go longer. We might lynch Eajo. If he can't; we'll likely hammer him. SO BE IT. We have content; we have activity.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #34) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:59 pm

Ok, Espeonage. It debatable whether your meta shows that you are town or scum atm. You need some other defense. You have to explain why your playstyle is not antitown.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (isolation #35) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:00 pm

I don't want to hear ANY meta support. I want to hear the theoretical usefulness of your playstyle.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #36) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:01 pm

oh sure. Whatever. Espeonage, do all that and more, or your role claim is imminent.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #37) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Why not just be a bit more patient?
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #38) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:11 pm

And how do we know beforehand? Hope? Assume that because you play this way, you are town?
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #39) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:15 pm

In the end, your playstyle is active lurking except under special circumstances. You can't expect a town to accept this as your playstyle.

So, in the end, it is a policy lynch. Similar to Lynch all [Active] Lurkers.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #40) » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 am

I still don't like easjo.

vote easjo
. First off, in post 302, why ask this question if page 12 is one click away? It looks very fake.

As for Parama...I initially had town reads on that player. But the early hammer just makes everything look ugly. I have to look into things more.

That ICENinja post says a lot, but most importantly that we need to be careful with lynching Parama JUST because that player did this. It's also filled with hyperbole, knowledge, and possible connections. 2 mislynches don't bring a loss, *what I Am Innocent said*, and it almost looks like reverse psychology to get us not to lynch Parama. But the last part is just blatant assumption.

This will be a fun Day 2. I feel that it will most likely not be a mislynch. We've got a lot of good leads...
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #41) » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:13 am

Concerned wrote:I specifically said I wanted more people to give there thoughts on the lynch, it would have been lovely to actually let Espeonage claim before you hammered him as well/

Why you would specifically go agaisnt what I asked, when I was already suspicious of you is beyond me.

I call you out as opportunistic scum.

vote : parama
I really see what you're saying; there is NO excuse for what Parama did, and I will vote for that player soon, but...he's v/la till tomorrow. What today?
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (isolation #42) » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:27 am

easjo682 wrote:
vote easjo. First off, in post 302, why ask this question if page 12 is one click away? It looks very fake.

As for Parama...I initially had town reads on that player. But the early hammer just makes everything look ugly. I have to look into things more.
It was a rhetorical question, I knew parama had hammered before claim and via my question was hoping she would say why she lynched without a claim and discussion
This doesn't make sense.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #43) » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:55 am

Porochaz wrote:I am going into the DS case soon. Both posts so far in Day 2 have really rubbed me the wrong way.
Ok(?)

I hope you understand what I'm saying. Parama isn't here today. I plan to vote for him once he returns. I was planning to be cautious, but seeing Concerned's post, I realized that what Parama did is very close to inexcusable. I am not trying to take attention off of Parama, except for today, since the player is V/LA. So, overall, my message is: "So, who else is scummy?" Is that okay?

On another note, my grandparents are taking me soon. This Friday to be exact. They have internet, but I'm worried about just how available this internet will be to me. I still plan to be able to post, but my activity will fall a bit. Still, I hate flaking, and don't want to do it again.

@Concerned: why wouldn't L-2 be perfect? (rhetorical, as in, a statement that is formulated as a question but that is not supposed to be answered, but not as in, a question that feigns ignorance to get an answer from the questioned)
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #44) » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:50 am

We should wait for Parama to come back and defend himself, I think.

I don't think Parama's play can be called passive. Didn't he say that he was an aggressive player?
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #45) » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:15 am

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:@DedicatedScribe: I'm playing with Parama in an ongoing game and he is most definently an aggressive player. His play style tends to consist of a lot of tunneling on one person.
Right. SSBF, what is your opinion of Parama atm? Who are your top 2 suspects?
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #46) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:51 am

Yes, because each and every one of us is opportunistic scum ganging up on obvtown Parama.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #47) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:08 am

Parama, obviously, we were planning on letting Espeonage claim before getting hammered.
You WERE being impatient when you hammered him. He was STILL defending himself. Just because YOU were rushing him to claim does not mean he should claim immediately. We had time. Lots of time.
You should defend your actions because hastiness far from deadline is an ANTITOWN quality.
Also, sorry to push this campaign here but claims need to be coming at L-2, and with a request to claim. Yes I am at L-2, no I will not be claiming unless everyone in the town wants me to. That's how claims should always be done - no risk of quickhammer (haha) and it makes sure everyone has a part in the claiming.
Hypocrite!

You WERE stupid to hammer Espeonage so early. Its stupid to call everyone who called you scummy or voted to put pressure on you scummy. Concerned is NOT scummy for voting you.

Still, *calms down*, my gut says you aren't scum. And I hate to be rude, so I won't say more.

@Porochaz: you can iso me (sorta) by sorting by Author instead of post time. That would work. Sorta.

Guys, we have to ignore Parama's one major anti-town action to properly decide whether or not he should be lynched.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #48) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:10 am

I'm sorry, I HATE self-righteousness. You can ignore the blurb and just read the bottom part.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #49) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:09 am

Parama wrote:
ICEninja wrote:I absolutely hated Parama's response to the pressure against him.
I don't care.

Also I'm not stupid. I scumhunt better than most people though they refuse to admit it.
*fumes* Whatever. I'll just remember this crap for a future mafia.

As for now, I still think easjo is the best bet for scum. It's SO obvious!
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #50) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:10 am

Parama wrote:
ICEninja wrote:I absolutely hated Parama's response to the pressure against him.
I don't care.

Also I'm not stupid. I scumhunt better than most people though they refuse to admit it.
You also hammer faster than most people.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #51) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:03 pm

Ah, soccer. I wish I knew more about the sport; it sounds fun.

Anyways, how-about-easjo???
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #52) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:01 pm

AlmasterGM wrote:Also, the fact that SSBF is now criticizing Parama for hammering when he kept his vote on is a hilarious contradiction. If you didn't want him to die, why did you leave him at L-1 post-claim?
Just to keep everything 100, he was already dead post-claim.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #53) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:50 am

Parama, you do realize you ARE defending yourself atm?

But seriously, trying to convince a stubborn idiot that he did something wrong is more useless than trying to convince scum to hammer himself.

We need to focus on scum, not just antitown.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #54) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:51 am

I don't get your attack on Concerned. It seems to be based on his vote for you.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #55) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:39 am

SSBF seems pretty solid to me. I disagree with him on a few things, but he most definetly does not seem like opportunistic scum. He seemed sure that Espeonage ws scum and didn't believe his claim and then deciding that if he was wrong about this, it'd be ok. He spent tons of posts building up his suspicions on Espeonage, and seems invariably town-like.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #56) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:48 am

Wait...I missed something.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #57) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:57 am

I really don't like Parama's claim. But I never like Unlynchable claims. They make me want to...lynch.

Anyways, my most recent post about SSBF was based on his ISO, but the attack on him makes me think. I can't get a read on him atm; Ineed more time. Him
and
Mitsuri have some issues...but they all seem minor and excusable. Hm...
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #58) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:27 am

xD he could just as easily be town worried that I'm scum and will link to him, be scum and want to highlight my connection to him for a mislynch, or just town who doesn't want me to butt in.

I'm getting bored with this whole lack of progress thing...
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #59) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:08 am

@SSBF I'm not defending you; I'm explaining my opinion of you. Deal with it.

Honestly though, SSBF is NOT the opportunisticc scum we're looking for! Easjo AVOIDED the wagon so he wouldn't get attention like this, and has been actively lurking for the entirety of the mafia. Comparedd to Espeonage's lack of content, this guy's is deplorable; and this one doesn't have a semi-effective strategy that does this- He's just dooing it and you're letting him. At least some pressure is needed!
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #60) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:59 am

But what makes it scummy, exactly? I'm not going to refrain from doing something just because people say its a scummy thing to do. People need to focus on scummy people.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #61) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:52 am

IVE BEEN TRYING TO GET ATTENTION ON EASJO SINCE THE START OF THE DAY!!! WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU THINK I'D DO WHEN THERE'S NO ATTENTION ON HIM?
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (isolation #62) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:53 pm

Oh right. Lol. Sorry.

Anyways, tomorrow I start my trek to the grandparents'. I don't know what effect this will have on my activity, except that it can only be negative. I'm not going down without a fight, however.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #63) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:36 am

^ Its a little better than the town you have on your list.

Nonetheless, today is the day I head for my grandparents'. Hopefully I'll post again, but atm:
V/LA UNTIL MONDAY

I'll miss you all.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #64) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:41 pm

No, I'm not scum. But I am here to stay a while. It makes me feel bad that my posts give off a newbie vibe, but I'll be working on that.

I can't help not recognizing which of my actions would seem town or anti-town, but I'll be working on that as well. I thought that protown-seeming posts would just occur naturally with my role. I suppose it doesn't. I don't care. As I said before, I've got enough expirience to take responsibility for my actions.

I also have heard the thing about arrogance before...I guess its just natural? I certainly don't
feel
arrogant. Hm...

Anyways, the easjo wagon is definetly not going anywhere soon. I can see that now. But it can very quickly go somewhere if easjo just continues what he's doing without getting replaced or creating content.

I'm still against the SSBF wagon. I guess explaining why is bad?

Again, I'm still here, and its' great. My activity IS going to take a drop, however.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (isolation #65) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:14 am

Sorry, I'm back! A slight bit of disinterest almost made me lurk out. BUT NOT THIS TIME. To tell the truth, I have been following the game daily since I posted, but wanted to let it progress to a point where I felt more inclined to continue. I say this because I want to keep things 100, for better or for worse.

Hm...things have progressed a lot. Chevre has now started to matter...

I'm going to respond to Q's directed at me and do my best to explain my thoughts.

First off, my attacks on easjo are null, since they all hold no water when he gets replaced. QQ I thought I had something. No, an "I told you so" is not necessary atm. My confidence is...weakened.

As for SSBF, I also feel that I was completely wrong. I wanted to wait for his defense before posting again, and, well, it's definetly not the defense I expected. Sigh. Well, I'll improve with expirience, right? For those interested, the reason I thought SSBF was town was due to my reads on Mitsuru and then the fact that he seemed solid except for that post, which I didn't completely understand the flaws in. Even now, I still have some doubts about SSBF's scumminess, though they are much less numerous due to his latest posts....

Sigh...atm it seems as if I'm 0 for 3, though the 3rd isn't there yet...

I'm going to check around a bit to decide if I'm willing to hammer, see about Chevre, and some of the other guys I have to pay attention to...
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (isolation #66) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:16 am

unvote
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (isolation #67) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:44 am

I really don't want to ignore my vibes, but if I don't, then everyone's a townie. That's an obvious problem and I hate it when this happens...

If the most suspicious players (Chevre and SSBF) aren't scum, I've got a decent idea of who definetly is. But from what I can see, one of them is most likely scum. At least. Though I doubt both of them are, for no reason in particular. Sorry, I'm trying to think in a different way. Hm...

The way I see it, Chevre is a bit more solid than SSBF; just a bit. I can't trust scumminess unless it occurs over several posts. SSBF's scummy posts have increased a bit since the Day started. Therefore, I believe he IS the better lynch. I just can't convince myself to feel sure that he's scum. But this is unimportant. Either way, he's going to get lynched, and with good reason. If I had paid more attention to everything going on at the start of Day 2 and been in a different mood, my vote would have already been on him.

I guess I'll be spending the Night working on my playstyle...Anyways, once SSBF claims, if I get a chance, I'll hammer him. Sorry for wasting your time. Also, I suspect I am Innocent. But its based off of vibes and other WIFOMy things so I don't know...Sorry.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (isolation #68) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:06 pm

I Am Innocent wrote:
DedicatedScribe wrote:I guess I'll be spending the Night working on my playstyle...Anyways, once SSBF claims, if I get a chance, I'll hammer him. Sorry for wasting your time. Also, I suspect I am Innocent. But its based off of vibes and other WIFOMy things so I don't know...Sorry.
First of all, I
believe
SSBF is at L-2, so I don't foresee a claim coming.

Oh and please provide some of my posts that give you these vibes and other WIFOMy things you refer to.
I'll check, but I thought he was at L-1. Hm. As for the other thing, it wouldn't really be useful to do this. Actually, I can't see any use in it at all.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (isolation #69) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:33 pm

I Am Innocent wrote:
DedicatedScribe wrote:
I Am Innocent wrote:
DedicatedScribe wrote:I guess I'll be spending the Night working on my playstyle...Anyways, once SSBF claims, if I get a chance, I'll hammer him. Sorry for wasting your time. Also, I suspect I am Innocent. But its based off of vibes and other WIFOMy things so I don't know...Sorry.
First of all, I
believe
SSBF is at L-2, so I don't foresee a claim coming.

Oh and please provide some of my posts that give you these vibes and other WIFOMy things you refer to.
I'll check, but I thought he was at L-1. Hm. As for the other thing, it wouldn't really be useful to do this. Actually, I can't see any use in it at all.
Can't see any use in it at all = made up?

I listed four suspects earlier. Take parama off my list for now, just going with a SSBF/ICEninja/DS scum team. My vote stays on SSBF.
Whats the point of pointing out things based on vibes? I promise you its not made up. I just have to attack you when an attack is there. Posting weak cases help no one except the one being attacked...
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #70) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:49 pm

I Am Innocent wrote:
DedicatedScribe wrote:Whats the point of pointing out things based on vibes? I promise you its not made up. I just have to attack you when an attack is there. Posting weak cases help no one except the one being attacked...
Usually when I get a vibe on someone, it is based on certain things said in a few posts. You won't even reference one.

At least you admit it is a "weak case".

So where do I rank in your list of suspects? Please tell me who you suspect more than me since you admit your case on me is a weak one...
As I think I said earlier, my biggest internal problem right now is that I can't think of anyone as scummy except for the most prominent people on the chopping block...I think it's a block of some kind.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (isolation #71) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:50 pm

Hm...a list. I'll try that.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #72) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Porochaz wrote:
Porochaz wrote:Can someone bullet point the case on chevre without using the word lurking or anything ascertaining to it once?
As DS is my no 2 at the moment, I want this list from him.
This is...easy, and I feel like I owe it since I've misguided you so detrimentally.
Parama wrote:FoS: Scumbuddy
Vote: Townie

^the best tell
I Am Innocent wrote:I have also gotten a mostly town read on Chevre, though
it does seem strange on why the urgency to take a vote off of SSBF to move it to someone who only had 1 vote at the time when SSBF is listed as a 2nd suspect.
Concerned wrote:
To me this looks blatantly like you don't want to be on the SSBF wagon.

If SSBF gets lynched and flips town then I'd be fairly certain you're scum, I don't buy into this making a stronger Chevre-SSBF scum pairing though. I just think that would be far too obvious - sure it's WIFOM but still valid in my opinion.
AlmasterGM wrote:YES, BUT WHY ISN'T IT AS STRONG
Basically, Chevre is considered scummy except for his/her lurkfulness due to his blatant desire to stay off of the SSBF wagon and then inability to explain why, except with the vaguest reasons.

In my own opinion, in accordance with Concerned's, opinion of Chevre, it is more likely that Chevre is scum and SSBF is town than the more obvious possibility that Chevre does not wish to bus his/her teammate, though only slightly so. I'd call the strength of the case on Chevre quite powerful.

I'm going to try to use this approach I used to sum up the Chevre case in order to get rid of my mafia player's block. I do apologize again for wasting the valuable attention span of anyone affected. I'll do my best to help make up for the loss of attention on anyone else and finally become the scumfinder I know I am meant to be. Thank you.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #73) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:43 pm

Oh, and I most definetly do not believe SSBF's claim. I need someone to tell me to not hammer in the few more minutes I plan to spend on the internet before making a quick hammer-post before my imminent departure if he/she wishes for SSBF to survive a while longer.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #74) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:59 pm

Oh, its not L-1. Whatever. I've decided that below SSBF and Chevre, I am Innocent and ICENinja are close to third place on my list. If neither of them are scum, it must be one of the people I can't get a read on, or I completely fail at scumfinding, as quite possible.

I will NOT post my full list of suspiciouns, for obvious reasons. I've decided that ICENinja and I am Innocent seem scummy to me based mainly on vibes and WIFOMy things. I've also realized that it IS specific posts of theirs that have given me these vibes and WIFOMy feelings and therefore I am able to explain them. However, I can still see NO use in explaining these except for the purpose of defending myself, an action I shouldn't have to worry about doing on this Day.

vote SSBF

I think I'll read some finished mafias to figure out what scum looks like here on MS.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (isolation #75) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:46 am

Sorry, I still have problems building an opinion. Sigh. This is getting a little annoying.

I've been reading a few mafias to get a better idea of how to do this, but I still feel like I haven't learned much.

Thoughts:

The case on SSBF seems completely solid. SSBF's reaction does little to help him.
Easjo just doesn't matter atm. I'll suspect his sub, of course.
Jalyn, Concerned, seem pretty solid.
Almastar isn't solid. I can't get a trustworthy opinion of him. Only time will tell me more.
Chevre's style after some thought seems consistent and real. Seems pretty ok to me.
IceNinja. Hm.
I am Innocent
Parama
Porochaz

Ah...I have to finish this later.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (isolation #76) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:11 pm

Sando wrote:
DedicatedScribe wrote:Easjo just doesn't matter atm. I'll suspect his sub, of course.
What the? If you don't suspect the previous incarnation, why suspect the sub? If you do suspect the previous incarnation, actually show why? There's no 'of course' here, you seem to simply be looking for an easy pre-made case that you don't need to justify.

As part of your whole post:
DedicatedScribe wrote:The case on SSBF seems completely solid. SSBF's reaction does little to help him.
Easjo just doesn't matter atm. I'll suspect his sub, of course.
Jalyn, Concerned, seem pretty solid.
Almastar isn't solid. I can't get a trustworthy opinion of him. Only time will tell me more.
Chevre's style after some thought seems consistent and real. Seems pretty ok to me.
IceNinja. Hm.
I am Innocent
Parama
Porochaz
Now this, ladies and gentlemen, is active lurking! He even just names 3 people without any comments, and another just has a 'Hm' next to them!

These 2 would have to be on the top of my list to start today.

Vote: DedicatedScribe

Captain middle of the road, 3rd in on SSBF, flip-flops all around SSBF, definitely not scum to definitely scum in a pretty short space of time. How do you 'definitely not believe' a vanilla townie claim, and yet are still making your next day theory based on him flipping town?
DedicatedScribe wrote:In my own opinion, in accordance with Concerned's, opinion of Chevre, it is more likely that Chevre is scum and SSBF is town than the more obvious possibility that Chevre does not wish to bus his/her teammate, though only slightly so. I'd call the strength of the case on Chevre quite powerful.
and
DedicatedScribe wrote:Oh, and I most definetly do not believe SSBF's claim.
Hi, nice to meet you, but I'm afraid you're quite mistaken about things atm.

1st Quote: I did suspect easjo. You read my iso, right? I never stopped suspecting him. And, as promised, I suspect his sub. I'm am validated in the action of suspecting a scummy person's substitute?

2nd Quote, 1st Comment: No, not active lurking. I didn't have time to continue, sorry. My internet time has diminished a bit due to my coming to my grandparents' house, as I pointed out earlier.

Next, I have to admit I've been riddled with indecision about both of the players lynched in this game. I'm like that with every player lynched in every game. You can check my meta about this if you can find it (I could try). I've been trying to work on that, but now that SSBF has also flipped town, I think I'm starting to figure things out. I did not use the term "definetly" correctly in that post; I think it was me trying to help myself spurn indecision.

I'm sorry, but I'm just not good enough to act like a confident, decisive townie who never changes his mind or considers the possibility that he's wrong a small likelihood.
Concerned wrote:I may have fallen to easily for Scribes AtE's which I thought were genuine. Let me do a quick ISO on scribe and see how I feel about him afterwards.
What's an AtE?

Sorry, people. I promise not to let my mislynch be one of those that brings us closer to losing. The only way I'll let that happen is if a bunch of people pull a Parama.

Let me think. Be useful. I've got some time left.
Blast it.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (isolation #77) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:34 pm

After staring at the player list for a while, I've decided that I've got the most negative vibes about ICENinja and Chevre. Based on past expirience, at least one of these is wrong. I'm willing to bet I'm wrong about Chevre, since I've given most of my attention to her.

Finished with this faillogic, I'm going to actually analyze stuff. Sorry.

PREVIEW EDIT: Hm...I think Porochaz might be right about the lurking thing, or at least the last part.

Would it be a good idea if we all elucidated a list of the couple of people we find most scummy and start from that?

Even after actual thinking, ICENinja seems like the most scummy in my eyes. I'd elucidate, but that'd take a bit of time I'm willing to give the next time I have it. The reason that I dislike him atm is that this is the first time that my vibe and suspicion actually seem to correlate better for me this time. I promise to use the next chance I have to explain EVERYTHING about ICENinja that sticks out to me, after I read and comment on new posts.

Despite still fitting into his meta, I've gained bad opinion of Almastar at this point. Still can't pinpoint anything more than a vibe.

Concerned is town.

Chevre seems to look just like SSBF and Espeonage did to me. If memory serves, this indecision about Chevre means she's town. I'm going to follow my vibes more this Day! As long as I do this, I think I'll be more satisfied when it ends.

Everyone else I have to look at harder. My opinion on Porochaz doesn't exist (which I'll correct soon), I'm too biased against Sando to say more than that my vibes are against him and that it isn't just because of the player he replaced, and Parama seems to be near the same level as Almastar to me; below him.

I'm focusing on vibes at this moment, but when I get more time, I will materialize an explanation for my vibes and the case(s) that go with them. So sorry that I don't have the time to do this now.
Blast it.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”