thegeckoj
thegeckoj
Goon
thegeckoj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:12 am

Post by thegeckoj »

ohman, i didnt even see that there was three pages already, my comp was only showing one. give me a few to cat[
unvote
thegeckoj
thegeckoj
Goon
thegeckoj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:38 am

Post by thegeckoj »

ICEninja wrote:
charter wrote: Ice, was 39 a joke or serious? I'm just looking for either "Joke" or "Serious".
It was a joke, but with a (very slight) purpose behind it. I guess it wasn't perfectly clear, but when I said that other people were playing more relaxed and I was following suit, is that other people were joking so I joined in to some extent.

chater, you definitely seem to be really caught up on that post, though, which is interesting. I understand that there isn't so much to go off of at this point, but is there a reason you asked for a black or white answer?

You're right Jack, I tend to take mafia very seriously, so joking more and playing with a light heart is not coming particularly naturally to me. I've been overly serious and intense in past games and I'm trying to moderate a bit, i suppose. Maybe I'll just stick closer to what I'm more comfortable with.
you sure are chatty when all he wanted was a simple answer. and pointing out that you take mafia very seriously shows me that you are going to possibly become over-aggressive. maybe a way to prepare people for your scummy-like bullying?

i like chattiness when it is warranted and ill give you that opportunity by putting a little pressure on you with a vote. id like to see why you are so whipped up so early in the game, strategy or possibly anger that you are already getting ferretted out?

vote: ICEninja
thegeckoj
thegeckoj
Goon
thegeckoj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by thegeckoj »

what i had said was that it was possible ICE was starting out chatty and aggressive so that later in the game if he was scum and still around he could continue to be a bully and refer people to his play earlier in the game. this would be a good ruse to show people that this is how he as always be.

ill admit that this isnt a great reason but i still wanted to put some pressure and figured it would be a good place to start.

i usually only post once or twice a day at most so dont necessarily take my silence for anything unless it lasts more that two days.
JackALope2323 wrote: SAMP: I don't know. But, if Scott was scum, he could say it meant something completely different, since he never specifically said what he meant, if we bring it up later.

AMBIGUITY IS NOT GOOD FOR TOWN. FACT.

And just because you see one person being really scummy doesn't mean you should ignore the other people who are being scummy to lesser degrees.
i will take a second to completely agree with the last two statements here.

this is exactly what i was trying to do with my little push. i wanted more info from and about ICE and with a vote you can generally derive info not only about the person you are putting pressure on but the way people respond to it.

frankly i havent seen anything to make me move my vote at this pointl. again i will say i am not 100% convinced of ICE's scumminess but with only my vote on him i am not concerned with an accidental lynch.
thegeckoj
thegeckoj
Goon
thegeckoj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #5) » Sat May 01, 2010 5:58 am

Post by thegeckoj »

JackALope2323 wrote:Gecko seems more innocent to me just because of the general tone of his post. It seemed more of a "naive, stupid (No offense, Gecko) townie" than "malicious, confusing scum". This leads me to consider the fact that Gecko may just be being really... I don't want to say stupid again, but that's the best term I can think of, rather than scummy.

Of course, I'm still more convinced he's scum rather than stupid. However, think of it as a balance. Previously, there was a lot of weight on the scum side. Now there's a bit of weight on the innocent side, which balances things out a bit.
i appreciate you not wanting to call me stupid, but ill agree with you that i am a bit naive. i have played 2 games and both i honestly wasnt super instrumental. i still dont have a complete grasp of the game and am continuing to learn. i know this is exactly what a scum might say and i understand the wifom arguement so i wont play devils advocate about that.

another part of the reason i play the way i do is because i am the exact opposite of ICE and dont really take the games seriously. of course i enjoy winning but playing the game regardless is enjoyable to me.

ill do a reread and see if i cant get a better tell on someone.
thegeckoj
thegeckoj
Goon
thegeckoj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #6) » Mon May 03, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by thegeckoj »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
gecko wrote:ill do a reread and see if i cant get a better tell on someone.
As you are doing so can you please answer the question I asked … why do you equate aggression with scumminess?
i go by the way i have seen others play and how i have played in the past. while a townie will let people say what they want and make observations scum will try to drive the conversations. usually driving the conversation comes off to me as very aggressive.
ICEninja wrote:Kerrigan, you're putting a lot more emphasis than needed on someone having a slight suspicion, but otherwise, as you said, town points. When you were focused on other people, you were behaving as any town player should, and you were doing your best to find scum. However,
while town does want to be thought of as town, town's win condition is to kill scum, not stay alive
. Scum's win condition is to stay alive, and that is all. Therefore, scum are going to be putting a lot more emphasis on what others think of them as opposed to finding scum. When people put more questioning than is needed so early in to the game as to why someone isn't sure how to label you (scum/town), it demonstrates that you seem to be playing more to a win condition that involves you needing to look like town as opposed to a win condition of finding scum.
this is assuming people dont mind being lynched as long as the town wins. i dont know about others but since this is a game that is played for fun i dont necessarily feel this way. to be honest i like being alive and playing the game. if i am lynched, sure i want the town to still come out victorious, but i am a lot less enthusiastic about the outcome of the game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”