Mini 934 - Troubles at Smiths&Catharts (Game Over!)

Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:26 am

Post by Kthxbye »

...Bwahahaha...I see what you did there Mod...very clever you....

Anyway, hello all. I'll be catching up ASAP. I have to work the next 4 days but I will post as I get a chance. Hi'ya Ray. Hope you've been playing nice.

I don't recognize anyone else, so..time to get started.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:04 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Well, I got up to p132 before I wanted to blow my brains out. Few points I'd like to share, more points I'll keep to myself.

Firstly, so far the one I replaced hasn't played much differently than I could see myself playing. I feel like he actually did a decent job up to this point (hunting and answering questions). The RVS RF thing made me laugh a tad too.

Next I'd like to point out p78 by SFG. This post stuck out to me.
SFG wrote:... Hopefully I'll do a better job at the beginning of this game than I did at the beginning of last game xP...
What did SFG flip in the referenced game? Could I get a little more info about the game in question and reference to how SFG felt she didn't play well.
SFG also wrote:That said, Cyberbob is the only person who hasn't shown up yet so I'll just drop my vote off there for a bit~ unvote, vote Cyberbob
This appears to be 'well, my vote needs to be somewhere but I don't really want to explain it so...' I dunno, just off at that point.

Page 5 got interesting actually and although I don't really think I would have put together enough to justify placing my vote down yet (I don't like to vote for someone unless I would like to see their death at the time) but there was actual discussion pertaining to the game going on....right up until Ythan p116...then it all goes to shit again (coincidence...maybe, but doubtful at this point. FoS: Ythan for that) Thor tries (and fails sadly) to keep the hunting atmosphere alive at the beginning of page 6 and that's where I left off.

I found it really hard to keep track of actual lurking due to some motor-mouths who like to see themselves post it seems like.

Will continue on when I grab some time.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Up to p252, I didn't really have anything to comment on except Ythan is making this read really hard. You all seemed to have wasted many pages. This game could have been less than 10 pages if you took out all the worthless game-stalling posts.

p252(Ythan): scummy. Don't care how many games you're in, you should know who you're voting. If you don't, I get the feel you don't care where your vote is as long as it's on town.

p256(my predecessor) Don't agree with this at all. But from what I can gather, it looks as though he was willing to lynch RF on policy more than anything else. It's similar to the post you quoted above Thor. I don't agree with it, but it looks policy-ish. I've finished one game and it was a newbie game with Ray. Thus far, it's too similar a play style from when I played with him in that game to call it breaking meta. Just my feelings on him.

p259 (STDD): ridiculously sure about something not true. This however isn't scummy from where I stand because I don't see scum-STDD making so bold a statement about someone he would know to flip scum. I get lynched and this post would make him a suspect. Town points for this post even though it's wrong.

Of course, I get to p261 and 263 and it looks like STDD back tracks pretty quickly. Take away town points.

Looks like you guys caught this though.

p313 (NS): /facepalm....all I got to say about that.

p383 (Thor): Thanks for explaining. Had a thought that if she was scum there, this may have been a slip. Alas, I was wrong.

p381 (Copper): Some of the people in this game are so back and forth. On one page they don't like policy lynches. Next page, they are looking at lurkers. /sigh. Normally I can see looking into lurkers for possible scum trying to hide. In this game though, with all the non-sense I just sat and read through, it's no wonder why some people don't pay much attn to this game. So yeah, lurking not a huge tell so far.

I obviously can't explain the over-reaction by NS, but it seems maybe some outside source caused some of it. I still don't hate his game-play though, minus the exceptions I disagree with, and even those are pretty easy to figure out. His flip-out didn't help me at all, but since I'm just a VT (yeah, I claimed it) if you choose to follow through with this wagon and lynch me, at least we aren't out a PR.

As for my scum list D1, I would have to say I'm down with a Ythan or STDD lynch.

Ythan because he posts SO much fluff. Aside from him making posting one liners that make me want to cut myself, I didn't see any hunting. He's defended and made accusation, but I consider questions to be very important when trying to track down and trap scum. I'm not saying he hasn't asked a single question, but they are so few and far between, it seems as if the answer doesn't matter. I also noticed a trend in this game. Anytime some real discussion was going on, in comes Ythan to post 10 times and stall it. I got the distinct feeling through my read that this was purposfull and thus scummy

Unvote: RF, Vote: Ythan

STDD: I explained above most my problems with his posts. The bold statement about NS made me think over-zealous town. The following retraction when questioned about it, made me think over-confident scum. I will say that half my read on STDD is gut though.

Would I be surprised if that was the scum team? Nope.

All in all, I think this game needs a jump start (ie. a D1 lynch) very soon.

Everyone else is null to town right now. Had this day not been dragged out so much and over-burdened with Ythan's posts, I think some of those null reads would be more town or scum, but it is what it is.

Day 1 lynches shouldn't be this difficult. Stats show that we get it wrong (read: mislynch) more often than not. We can analyze this day till we are blue in the face, but without some flipage, it's still more luck than skill in catching a D1 scum lynch.

Those are my 2 cents. Sorry for the wall.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:07 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Thor: Is there a problem with claiming VT in your opinion? If so, why?

Ythan: Are you claiming OMGUS? It's the direction it looks like you wanna go. Also, why did you feel you didn't need to address the other large chunk of reason I think you're scum and am voting for you? Another thing, do you think scum-slips are mistakes? How do you justify trying to paint me as scum for not seeing your mistake as null? These one liners are just more of the same junk you've been doing all game. You jab but never punch. I would like to see your case on NS/me in bullet format instead of just calling me scum if you please.

One more thing I forgot to address. RF has hinted to himself as a Jester and a Cop so far this game. He hasn't out and out claimed either, but I was wondering what the purpose was Ray. Could you address this please?
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:21 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Well, as cryptic as your answer was, I had a thought. It's purely WIFOM, but I think you may respond. My thought was, would scum benefit from 'soft-claiming' 2 roles that nobody would want to lynch. I say yes.

Take a soft-claim as Cop. You're not actually claiming, but if the real Cop (assuming one were in the game) wasn't paying close enough attention, he might counter-claim to which the soft-claimer could come back and say he didn't really claim and he was 'joking'.

Taking the soft-claim as Jester (once you wished you were, then you said you were), you could maybe toss the idea out there and some might subconsciously take it as a real possibility even though you were joking (which would be ironic seeing as you would be joking as a jester...get it?). In doing so, someone playing scum could use this as an advantage, cuz who wants to lynch the Jester?

All in all, I could see how scum could benefit, albeit briefly, from doing that. What do you think?
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:42 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Zorblag and Thor: ....Damnit. Makes sense, my bad. On the role fishing bit though, I don't think I was very clear. I wasn't speculating that RF is either or any role. I was speculating that the way he casually joked about those 2 things in particular made me think he could be scum planting seeds of doubt in a joking manner. But if I'm just being paranoid about it, I'll drop it...for now.

Ythan: Do you happen to know what bullet format is? I'll help you out. These aren't case-bullets (I'll let you build that yourself), but it a list of my predecessor's activity.

-NS jokes around with RF during RVS. (I found this part to be pretty funny actually)
-NS called you out for adding nothing to the game
-NS talked about how he though RF's play this game didn't match his meta
-NS tries to build a policy-sort-of lynch on RF
-NS answers questions
-NS starts building on the policy case to lynch RF. He votes for RF for lack of contribution (kinda hypocritical here I know) AND for trying to break meta.
-Asks town their thoughts on the Meta thing
-Flips out for no real reason that I can really see...unless he just really really doesn't like annoying people who jab and don't punch. The history between you 2 could have also been a factor (it seems that way to me).

There you go Ythan. All of NS's activity. Build the case or drop it. I doubt anyone but you sees the Obvscuminess you keep referring to in the activity above. You'll need to explain it if you want to mislynch me that badly.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (isolation #6) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Kthxbye »

I find his joking during RVS funny, yes. He was hypocritical about the contribution thing, yes. I know nothing of your history of him, correct. (a post full of things I've already stated = another worthless regurgitated post from you).

I don't see where you get this defensive content from though. I'm trying to find out exactly where you found the obvscum comments from (it's called hunting for scummy things...you should try it some time). Come to find out, you have no case that makes me obvscum but JUST a gut reading. My vote, unlike your gut call, is justified with a case. There-in lies the difference.

More votes Ythan please.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Kthxbye »

I wrote:there was actual discussion pertaining to the game going on....right up until Ythan p116...then it all goes to shit again (coincidence...maybe, but doubtful at this point. FoS: Ythan for that)
I also wrote:p252(Ythan): scummy. Don't care how many games you're in, you should know who you're voting. If you don't, I get the feel you don't care where your vote is as long as it's on town.

and

Ythan because he posts SO much fluff. Aside from him making posting one liners that make me want to cut myself, I didn't see any hunting. He's defended and made accusation, but I consider questions to be very important when trying to track down and trap scum. I'm not saying he hasn't asked a single question, but they are so few and far between, it seems as if the answer doesn't matter. I also noticed a trend in this game. Anytime some real discussion was going on, in comes Ythan to post 10 times and stall it. I got the distinct feeling through my read that this was purposfull and thus scummy
You also ignored every question in my p391.

You also failed to correlate how gut read = obvscum

You then post...what I can only assume is your case...against me. Is that a retraction of your gut read?

I take it your p409 is your case on me. I can't explain NS's actions to you, but your interpretation of my posts is so off it's laughable.

If you have any questions for me, I'll answer them, but I'm pretty much done with you today.
-------------------------------
But alas, this day needs to end, and soon. I suggest the rest of the players in this game decide which case is stronger, the one on me, Ythan, or RF(only because he is tied for lead currently) and vote to lynch. I would also like to see those currently on RF's wagon to explain the case on him.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Sorry I'm such a bad mafia scum player
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Should I post more one liners instead of complete posts?
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

As for your second post, you know, the one where you try to dismiss my case on you without actually answering anything....again....this day has gone on far too long for D1. Most of that is due directly to your "inane bullshit" as you like to put it. How am I trying to rush a lynch? Again, you accuse and point a finger but don't quote anything or site specific parts where you come up with this crap.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

-Is there anyone else you are suspicious of?
-Am I obvscum or do you just have a gut read?
-If obvscum, quote shit instead of just saying it's there. At least provide a post number.
-If gut read, how does that equal obvscum?
-Do you think you have adequately hunted for scum in your billions of posts?
-If yes, which posts?
-Do you feel that pointing fingers with random accusations instead of asking questions is a viable scum-hunting method?
-Why don't you ask questions before assuming you're right in whatever crap spills forth?
-Do you realize that when you don't ask questions, it looks like you don't really care about the answers the people would provide? Do you know that's scummy?

and last but not least

-Could you pretty please tell us who your partner(s) is/are to make this game easier for town?
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Sotty: Why are you willing to move back to Ray? What about his play thus far has made you believe he is scum? I'm sure you have said it before, but a post now consolidating your case on Ray (I'm assuming you have one) would be helpful.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Ythan wrote:
Kthxbye wrote:I've finished one game and it was a newbie game with Ray. Thus far, it's too similar a play style from when I played with him in that game to call it breaking meta. Just my feelings on him.
I would love to see a link to this game. Also I'm moving my vote to you, at least until I've given Sotty/someone else as in depth a read as you.

unvote vote Kthxbye
viewtopic.php?t=13366

URLed it for you - Cathart
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

request extension
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Unvote, Vote: TCC

This is mainly due to p533 and my annoyance that D1 has still provided no more information than speculation of posts. I think we need a flip.

TCC defends NS/me to someone who is no longer in this game for no discernible reason I can see except to round-a-bout buddy up to me.

Secondly, she buddies up to Thor, agrees she should find who is the most scummy (ignoring Thor's request to explain the Zorblag vote) yet doesn't unvote.

Thirdly, she admits to just putting her vote out there to add someone to the scum candidates list...what? How bout a hunt for scum, not trying to put someone on the radar for lurking (guess we're all scum this game) and ignoring the rest of the lurkers. Perhaps the rest of the lurkers are scum buddies?

Fourthly, the whole post is pointless (addressing a player no longer playing) or procrastination (I'll ISO and do other townie things soon guys...I promise).
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

To be honest, I think TCC is most likely to flip scum. I'll be honest here and humbly say that Ythan got to me and annoyed the bejesus outa me. It was part of my reason for voting him. I think Zorg said it best somewhere about how Ythan had just as good a chance at flipping scum as the other top suspects (due to scummy behavior) but even if he didn't, he would have been the best option if it were to turn into a mislynch as he wasn't helping town (or this game) in any way. I'm also willing to give LL a chance now due to my reasons for voting TCC.

Copper: think the above says my feelings on Ythan/LL and as for CSL, well, I didn't have a read on Sajin, CSL has posted once to include a vote without real reason, and to be honest, until CSL explains the vote or fails to do so, I can't have much a read on him.

I WOULD HOWEVER SUGGEST THERE BE NO HAMMER TILL CSL GETS A CHANCE TO FINISH THE FINAL 3 PAGES AND EXPLAIN IN FURTHER DETAIL THE REASON FOR THE VOTE.

RF: I'll stand by my annoyance at no flip yet till you lynch me. A 542 post day one is a tad bit ridiculous and isn't helping us. We can go round and round all day long about how this is scummy and that is scummy, but without flips, there are no actual facts so far. Good speculation and scumhunting, absolutely....but zero facts, period.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:47 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

please explain the difference between speculation and good scumhunting. just because its good scumhunting and logical questions and accusations (which is how I define scum hunting) doesn't make them any more factual. Hell, I even put "Good
SPECULATION
and scumhunting, absolutely....but zero facts, period." There is no contradiction.

the only info we are getting till a flip is speculation; whether it come from logical good scumhunting or Ythan posts. There are still no facts in this game.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (isolation #18) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Thor p546: I posted in bold as I felt at the time we were getting close to a hammer and I wanted the info CSL had promised. When I put TCC at L-1, I didn't feel the circumstances warranted a warning. I agree with the second part. What I meant, if I can try to be even more clear, is that at this point, we are starting to go round and round in circles. Logically and honestly, D1 ends most the time with a mislynch. When we let D1 go on too long, it muddies the waters a tad bit once we do have the flip. I say this because instead of getting people to consolidate their scum reads on 1 or 2 people before we see a flip, we have everyone suspicious of everyone else (exaggeration) by the time D1 ends. It's hard to go back and find connections between the people who flipped and those still alive.

RF p547: Hope the above clarifies the issue, if not, feel free to keep your vote on me.

LL p548: riding the coat-tails of RF and speculation. You have no questions for me? With all the cases swirling around, your reasons for voting for me are enough for you to think I'm scum? Looks more like trying to get another bandwagon started more than a serious suspicion.

LL p551: Makes my suspicion about trying to start a new bandwagon a little stronger. Any reason you care so much about trying to get others to vote me? What is your actual reasons for voting me? From what I can tell, you think I'm scum due to semantics and because I justify my vote in a straightforward manner. Please clear this up for me.

HH p553: Answering questions is squirming...got it.

HH p580: Yeah....you are the one reading it wrong. I'm not quite sure exactly how you don't read "Sorry for the wall" as anything BUT sorry for the wall...of text. Pretty cut and dry there. Please explain your case on me again without the "I have my own theory and Kthxbye fits into it"....I'm super excited to hear your case/points on why you're voting for me in a logical organized format.

Oh yay...another replacement...

CSL p595: Do you feel replacing out is a scum-tell? Do you think certain conditions must be met for it to be a scum-tell? If so, what conditions has TCC met that make his replacing out a scum-tell?

Thor p596: I don't see you as much defending me but actually reading my posts the way they were meant when I wrote them.

All in all, I think I understand RF's POV and there's nothing I can or am willing to do to clarify it any more than I already have. One thing that stuck out in the back of my head was talk about TCC having bussing scum on it, and then watching at how quickly people wanted to get their votes onto me to stall the TCC wagon. At this point, I'm not going to take my vote off TCC. Even though I questioned CSL above, I have been burnt too many times by being suspicious of someone, them replacing out, moving on to give the replacement a chance, only to find out I was right to begin with and the initial suspicion was correct. TCC is still my number one lynch for today, followed by LL for his jumping on my wagon then disappearing and letting others debate it. HH takes third place for scummiest till He/she decides to build a real case not based on magical strategy.

For the record, though I have 2 completed games on this site, I have play MS much more than that. The newb mistakes speculation can end. What I say is truly my thoughts at the time and if you think they are scummy thoughts, then vote away. When you start speculation though, shame on you.

Confirm Vote: TCC (and his replacement)
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:43 am

Post by Kthxbye »

I'm pretty sure answering questions and clarifying things when asked to do so is not a scum tell. This why I think the wagon on me is bunk. If ya'll don't see it that way, well, lynch me for it.

My opinion on Pom: She's lurky, BUT same could be said for me. I'm quickly losing interest in this game. I do have to say the point about her actively lurking and not really pushing out her opinions on active players is justified.

My opinion on RF: I really don't see much scummy about him. I think it's mostly gut, but he just seems like one of those players that tries (and often succeeds) to rile people up with his post to gauge their reaction. It's a valid way to scumhunt IMO.

My opinion on LL: Slightly scummy for taking something that's not a scum-tell and trying to get the wagon rolling right after RF made a huge post about it. I think compared to the other very valid cases on others out there, me "over justifying" my vote is a tad on the weak side. Not to mention my earlier read on Ythan.

My opinion on TCC: I stand by my vote on her. For all I know TCC could have just been an alt. She could have not liked this game as scum or as town. I don't believe in giving replacements a free pass from their predecessors (at least not anymore) and I would prefer her lynch over anyone else at this point.

That being said, CSL's predecessors weren't the towniest players either, and Ythan never made much sense.

LL: do you think RF and your case on me is stronger than the other more recent cases on Pom, CSL, and TCC?
If you had to pick a singular point in your case on me as the one that makes me look the scummiest, which would it be?
Do you think my suspicions on your predecessor (Ythan) were valid?

Thor: If your vote could determine the lynch in your next post, who do you feel most likely will flip scum?

HH: What are your thoughts on the ideas being thrown around about Pom and CSL?

charter: One of the points in your very small, opinionated, and unreferenced case on copper is that he switches with a useless vote for CSL. You then proceed to vote him in what I see as an equally useless vote. Care to elaborate how this is a scum-tell for him but not one for you? Would you also consider this action a scum-tell for Sotty's recent switch? Also, would you care to at least give post numbers of coppers that back up your accusations of him?

Oh, and btw, I STILL think we need a lynch and thus a flip very soon. In fact, I'm willing to lynch Pom, LL, and TCC right now. TCC I've already talked about, Pom because I can see the case on her and agree with it enough that I'm willing to vote her to end this day, and LL because I still stand by my reasons for thinking Ythan was scummy and do not think LL has done much to change my opinion of that role. I only switched to TCC because of the more blatant scumminess vs. a more overt scum-read of Ythan.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:20 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Thor, I was going for 'covert' but forgot the c. I have decided that's prolly not the best word either...I would say 'subtle' probably best describes it. Still like 'covert' though...hrm...how bout 'subvert'

Copper, I thought your concern with TCC was mainly due how the people on her wagon got her so close to lynch so fast, not because of any townie actions she portrayed. I will now recognize that I do in fact see what you are trying to say, but I am other opinion that her wagon built so fast because so was so blatantly scummy in her posting. It's not that I don't recognize your opinion, I just view the other side of it.

I've now been up for around 20 hours so it's time to hit the sack, but I will leave you all with a parting gift. I'll even separate it so it doesn't look hidden.

The next person to get to L-1 but not yet voted out will receive my vote for the hammer. Consider yourself forewarned. At this point I don't even care who it is (including myself) Peace out!
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (isolation #21) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Thor665 wrote:That's Pom at K-3 (the number of votes till Kthxbye hammers her)

Because his promise about that needs extra mention just to help others' reading comprehension.
I actually LoL'ed here...till I remembered why I put that part at the bottom on my post.../sigh...thx for taking away some of my ammo. Testing reading comprehension was part of the point (not that I'm not serious about doing it mind you). This is the first thing I've seen you post (that I recall) that I could see you doing from a scummy perspective. Sorta like, 'hey scumbuddy, watch out for kthxbye's trap'. Not saying that's what it is, but saying it's possible I suppose.

As for Ythan vs TCC and my reads, it basically boils down to this (since I fail at English apparently): It took awhile for me to see Ythan as more scummy than just annoying. I actually think the annoying bit is for meta purposes. It took awhile for me to get my read on him and for that read to be a scum-read, whereas TCC sorta just jumped out there at me. Did not take as long for the case on her to become apparent I suppose. Hope that clears that up.

As for lynch..I think deadline is now, or soon to be 2 days away.

MOD: can we get more up to date lynch count posts seeing as we are nearing end of D1 and I expect to have to duck with all the vote changes that will probably be flying around?
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:26 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Pomegranate wrote:602: I agree that the line 'we need a flip' is scummy. He seems to be trying to rush a lynch, which is what scum want,
I hardly call wanting a flip (lynch) after 25 pages on D1 rushing

611: I sympathise.
buddy much

617: You (Sotty) find me scummy, and think that the TCC wagon was scum-driven. If you think that I'm scum, why don't you think that I was on it?

625: I agree with you troll that when I've played with CSL that he's been lurky too.

626: Kthxbye, why don't you care who is lynched? That is distinctly anti-town.
at this point, the water is so muddy, and this game has gone on so long EVERYONE has said or done something scummy. Plus, as I said, I was going to see who put someone at L-1 without mentioning my post about the instant hammer. I would have thought that to be scummy had the person lynched flipped town. Thor killed that gambit though.

635: See what I mean regarding RF?

656: Why don't you (RF) want to vote me? You think I'm scum, but don't want me to be hammered yet, one day before deadline?

661: Just to clarify- RF, you like looking for buddies before any flips?

I'm up for a lynch on RF, also Kthxbye, looking back. Also mayne CSL or TCC.
lol. you just said my not caring who was lynched (coming from my willingness to hammer next person at L-1) was scummy yet you just said you're cool with lynching 4 of the 11 players, other than yourself. Yet you see my willing to hammer next L-1 as scummy. You also do realize you are willing to hammer the people that most others have called out for being scummy.
Man oh man. First off Pom, you commented on 8 posts out of 60 posts. Secondly, I really hope you're the next to get to L-1. Who is/are your partner(s) if you don't mind me asking.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (isolation #23) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Pom, instead of following down the path I see you so clearly trying to go down, let me ask you this and let you think about it.

Do you think our stronger scumhunters or those who are the least suspicious have/had a chance at getting to L-1? IF they did, don't you think it would be pretty scummy of the people on the wagon that got them there? Wouldn't that be pretty cool if something like that happened? Even if it didn't, do you think whoever is the next to get to L-1 is not going to have a good to great case against them with the players in this game? Answer these questions before you try and make my willingness to hammer the next person at L-1 with (at the time) 3 days till deadline scummy. okay? thanks. buh-bye now.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (isolation #24) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Pomegranate wrote:
Kthxbye wrote:
at this point, the water is so muddy, and this game has gone on so long EVERYONE has said or done something scummy. Plus, as I said, I was going to see who put someone at L-1 without mentioning my post about the instant hammer. I would have thought that to be scummy had the person lynched flipped town. Thor killed that gambit though.

[...]

lol. you just said my not caring who was lynched (coming from my willingness to hammer next person at L-1) was scummy yet you just said you're cool with lynching 4 of the 11 players, other than yourself. Yet you see my willing to hammer next L-1 as scummy. You also do realize you are willing to hammer the people that most others have called out for being scummy.
So was it a gambit or do you really have no reads?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer my question first. Cuz I asked it first. You clearly contradicted yourself in the segments that I quoted in 668.
Well, clearly you or I don't know what the meaning of a contradiction is. I fail to see where I had no reads. I would say it was 50% gambit to see if someone would slip up and a: not read but skim things (scummy) and b: if they would put someone at L-1 without just cause just to get me to hammer them.

Seeing as deadline is now less than 24 hours away and I can't garauntee that I'll be here when it comes to hammer the next L-1, I'm going to just vote for the person who I feel at this juncture is the scummiest.

Vote: Pom

I would ask that you now answer my p669 but I don't think you will and it's more rhetorical to make a point anyway.

Color me surprised if we get an actual lynch today.../sigh
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (isolation #25) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Voting...hammer...is there that much of a difference that you couldn't understand the purpose behind the post (obviously not, see below)? If there is, is hammering TCC for example, something you wouldn't be willing to do but voting is something you would do? If so, why only vote but no hammer?

To be honest though, that was just a typo...but it's interesting you reacted that way.
Pomegranate wrote:
Kthxbye wrote:Pom, instead of following down the path I see you so clearly trying to go down, let me ask you this and let you think about it.

Do you think our stronger scumhunters or those who are the least suspicious have/had a chance at getting to L-1? IF they did, don't you think it would be pretty scummy of the people on the wagon that got them there? Wouldn't that be pretty cool if something like that happened? Even if it didn't, do you think whoever is the next to get to L-1 is not going to have a good to great case against them with the players in this game? Answer these questions before you try and make my willingness to hammer the next person at L-1 with (at the time) 3 days till deadline scummy. okay? thanks. buh-bye now.
So if someone gets to L-1, he/she must be scummy to have gotten there, and therefore worth your voe? That's basically what scum want: Vote whoever has the most votes (other than scumbuddies), to get a townie lynch, and appear townie. This is not a pro-town approach to the game.
you totally missed the point of that entire post...
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

I'm bored....let's lynch Pom now please
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (isolation #27) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Copper wrote:Let's hope no one else forgot about this game during the long period of absence.

The Henry kill has me scratching my head. My assumption was that a high-activity player would be the kill, and the scum would encourage this massive turnover. Picking a lurker like HH doesn't make too much sense. While it could be for WIFOM purposes, causing a bit of confusion simply doesn't seem like a legitimate scum reason to do the town's job in hitting a lurker. Did anyone here get a PR read off of Scrambles/Henry? I personally did not, but if the scum did that would be one possible explanation. There's also the chance that kthnx is scum and worried that Henry would return and revitalize the case against him.

Fate, I have a question of you. The mod's post gave the impression that you were allowed to choose what slot you replaced in to. I'm curious as to why you chose CSL's slot over TCC's.
Vote: Copper

It's my experience that when scum make a NK action that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, the first person to bring it up is usually scum. Not to mention that I agree with the part that I would have thought scum would kill a more active player...unless, you know, the scum was a very active player.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (isolation #28) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:52 am

Post by Kthxbye »

I like my vote. Just thought you all should know.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (isolation #29) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:37 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Just as a heads up, I will be V/LA April 2nd through possibly the 5th. If I do not return by the 10th, please replace me.

Backstory: I got a last minute TDY to Germany and I'm not sure yet if the hotel I'm staying at will have the Internets available.

That being said, I will try and make a decent post before I leave. I will say with all the replacements, this game holds very little of my attention. I do however understand that that's not fair to anyone here, so I'll do my best.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (isolation #30) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

ok. so, I'm TDY to Germany and getting fucking drunk every night. This IS a drunk post fyi. I will however have some time in the coming days to re-read in detail this game and be able to post a post that consolidates me thoughts on this game. But seeing as Im super drunk at this time, I can't see straight and thus can't read this game. Just wante to let ya'll know.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (isolation #31) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Hey ya'll. I'm very VERY sorry about needing proding and not being around lately. I'm TDY at Germany and have very limited access to a computer. TDY is military talk for being somewhere I'm not stationed.

I sadly think it would be fairest to you all if I replaced out. Germany is so much fricken fun, I don't think I'll be around at all for the next 20+ days. I'm very sorry.

Mod: I need replaced, sorry.

I know this game it is especially bad due to all the replacements already. I can only say that this slot is just a VT and good luck to the rest of town. I truly am sorry guys.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”