Mini 934 - Troubles at Smiths&Catharts (Game Over!)

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Oh, hullo all. The game's started.

So the only person I've played with before is RayFrost. (But basically everyone on the site has, so that's nothing interesting.)
I've heard of Sotty.
I know SFG a bit.
I've seen Ythan around GD/MD, and I've heard about the amount he posts.

--

Vote: SFG
. What is this reputation you speak of? Yes, I ran a game, and a few people know me, but I don't play well, or anything interesting.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Oh, Scrambles, I like your avatar!
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Yup.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

^^ that was directed at Scrambles.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Feel better SFG!
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:56 am

Post by Pomegranate »

SFG wrote:Pom - obviously you remember my asking to replace into a game you ran, and then not being able to because I had been persuaded to play in this game. I've also read through a couple of games involving you (although I only skimmed your posts because I was trying to absorb someone else's meta) and if I recall correctly, I found something on the wiki about you being the younger sister of another player. :P
Plum is my older sister- hence the name Pomegranate. She is much more well known than me, I think.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Thor665 wrote:I added numbers for clarity.
ScramblesTheDeathDealer wrote:
Claim?
OMGUS?
Ythan voted me?
When did I claim?
I never said "hey I'm town."
I said it prevents town from finding scum, resulting in a loss.
1. Actually I said 'claiming' it's in the Oxford English and has meanings outside of the game of Mafia.

2. Perhaps a slight misuse of the term, I'll concede - I meant it to showcase your vote for him because he had annoyed you; i.e. a personal attack reasoning which alluded to OMGUS in my mind.

3. No, he did not. Please refer to #2.

4. Oxford English dictionary.

5. ...while you're at it, look up redundancy and repetition (besides, I'm pretty sure all of us are implying we're town - are you not?).

6. Ythan's actions might do that very thing (though I personally disagree). However no part of my vote had any bearing on how much I believe his actions do or do not affect town. I do believe your vote was done from a sense of personal annoyance and with an intention of setting up some vague policy that you were voting for Ythan because he spams the thread.

So, to my mind, either your vote is illogical and not worth supporting, or you are scum hoping to ride the wave of annoyance and a policy vote to a mislynch. I'm currently betting that the latter is more likely the truth and am voting with that concept in mind.
I like Thor's posting a lot. Although it didn't really seem like OMGUS to me, but annoyance at the way Ythan plays, which ties in to the policy lynch part. (I agree with you on that one.)

But I think it makes sense to keep in the back of the mind that Scrambles is only 13. (The weird thing about me saying that is that I'm 14, and joined the site when I was 13. But I know that it took me a while to figure things out sometimes, and to adjust to MS, even though I'd played Face to Face mafia before. But that's enough about me.)

FoS: ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Is it a bad time to mention that I support policy lynches on all players under the age of eighteen?

What specifically about Scrambles' play is making you FOS him?
It seems you have quite a few policy lynches to engineer. Good luck.

The way that all he talked about was how he found Ythan annoying, and voted him for it, which is a stupid reason unless it's page one. Which is still stupid, if it'a actually serious.
Scrambles wrote:And Pom, don't "keep it in the back of your mind," treat me as anyone else. And Inquisitor, Ythan was the only one who stuck out to me, especially this early in D1.
I'll try not to, but I might factor it in to my reads unintentionally. But chill, I'm only a few months older than you, and people do it to me also.
Col.Cathart wrote:
RayFrost wrote:
Mod: Do typos count as mistakes?
SHUT UP! I'm a bit drunk... And no, they do not, unless they're changing something gameplay important (like mistake in the vote count).

If you want to be a grammar Nazi and laugh at non-native speaker, do so via PM.
Where's Cyberbob... :lol:
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Wait, Ythan's 20? :o
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

ScramblesTheDeathDealer wrote:He suggested he went to an online (correct?) college, so 20 seems about right.
I know, but if not for that, I'd probaly have guessed he was 17 or 18.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Thor665 wrote:(Methinks the policy lynch for spammers might bear some reconsideration...)

@Pomegranate - you have indicated a likelihood to have the age of a poster color and affect your opinions. What about the newbie state of a player? Do you think it is advantageous or disadvantageous to town to adjust their opinion based off of the age/experience of a player.
I think it's good to keep them both in the back of the thread. Different people play and act differently, and I find it easier to read someone when I can attach it to a bit of background.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:20 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Sotty7 wrote:Pom, do you know scrambles? Why did you mention his age like you did? Considering that you are around the same age I wouldn't have thought you would be the one making excuses for a players play due to his age. Also why an FOS over a vote, especially at this point in the game?
I don't, but when someone does something (like what Scrambles did) I like to check background- if the person who had done that was 30, I would have definitely placed a vote. I guess I have different standards, because it seems to me that it's more likely for a 13-year-old to go 'Huh? Omgus? Policy Lynch? Claim?' than someone who is 30. I think that this also applies to myself. I hope I explained it okay, but it just might be the way I think.

And that's why it was an FoS instead of a vote.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:42 am

Post by Pomegranate »

ScramblesTheDeathDealer wrote:Again, if you want to vote, please do. Don't use my age to differentiate game actions.
This sounds exactly like what I used to say. (How much do you thik I'll judge you for it if I'm the same age?)
You FoSed someone without suspicion.
I disagree.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Pomegranate »

I'm ot going to excuse scummy things you do. I do this to every player- for example, I expect SFG to play just slightly similarly to xofelf and cayke because they're all around the same age and female. If she played like Ythill I'd be somewhat surprised.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (isolation #14) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Pomegranate »

I would like to announce that I am always V/LA from Friday afternoon until Saturday evening. This a weekly V/LA.

Also, a late welcome to Zorblag. I've wanted to play a game with him for a while.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #15) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

RayFrost wrote:If I had to vote, it would be on bob the builder.

Seriously, I wouldn't be voting anybody.

If I actually HAD to vote, I'd just vote nobody special for the closest thing to a policy lynch that isn't a policy lynch.

@ copper...

reasoning is tech.

become tech soon for a grand prize!
RayFrost, this is lame. First you don't have any suspicions or thoughs on the game. Then you have a slight scumread on NS.

From my meta of you (we have quite a few games, don't we?,) you lurk hardcore as scum, and refuse to provide
anything
of worth. I know your scumplay well. TWICE you've hammered me; you being the scum and me being the town. You think I don't know your scumplay by now?

Vote: RayFrost
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #16) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Maybe he's "breaking his meta", but he's not providing any real content, which is scummy anyway. And I've played with scumRayFrost three times. He basically doesn't do anything.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Inquisitor JL wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:Maybe he's "breaking his meta", but he's not providing any real content, which is scummy anyway. And I've played with scumRayFrost three times. He basically doesn't do anything.
How well do you know his town play?
I know enough about his town play to say that he is contributory and scumhunts.

--
I'm doing away with the meta, and I have to say that it is quite freeing, even if it is annoying to go against my usual and comfortable playstyle.
It's still scummy if you don't provide any content. The case isn't really built on meta, but on your lack of scumhunting, and looking like you're trying to fly under the radar. Thee meta just helps the case along.

--

ITT RF admits that he's playing similarly to how he plays as a SK.

--
Little bit of WIFOM, if you would just ignore that fact that Pom is going based off your age, that whole discussion will end, thus ending a never ending circle convo.
Um, it was over when you brought it up again.

--
[...] is possible that he is playing his town role like his usual scum [...]
That would be anti-town. Trying to follow one's scum meta (when it's to active lurk) is not good- it's being purposefully anti-town, whick wouldn't be playing towards his win condition.

--

I am waiting for contributions from Zorblag, Sajin, and NS.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (isolation #18) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:40 am

Post by Pomegranate »

I don't know why you hate to do it....
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Nobody Special wrote:I also find RayF's lack of participation .... disturbing.

Vote: RayFrost

This is not the Ray I know. Also, anyone attempting to break their own known meta deserves to be lynched,
especially
if not doing anything.
Y'know NS, I also find your lack of participation... disturbing.

FoS: Nobody Special
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

I am busy tonight and will hopefully get a good post up tomorrow night.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #21) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

ScramblesTheDeathDealer wrote:As for expounding (absolutely love that word), here's some clarification:

Ray Flips Scum
------------------
NS voted for Ray after what I think is a very interesting case developed against him, bandwagon? I think so. Especially since the case seemed valid (again, IMO), I believe NS [if scum] thought Ray might get lynched. He then voted, in an attempt to bus his partner.

Ray Flips Town
-----------------
NS bandwagons on a Townie, which I would dislike.

I shouldn't have said either way he's scum, I'll admit that was a bit much, but either way to me it does look very suspicious.
I didn't vote because I would like to see what NS does.
[Kids, the moral to this post is to never bandwagon.]
So basically, NS is scum regardless.

Also, bandwagons = information, which is good for town, so you're wrong.

--
I must have been learnded wrong then, because in my first town game most used wagoning as a scumtell. Excuse my mafia illiteracy.
Well, it does really depend on the circumstance, but without a real BW, how could a lynch be acheived? Bandwagons are a natural part of the game, which wouldn't be able to function without them.

--
TheCheshireCat wrote:
Copper wrote: On the note, there has been entirely too little voting in this game. I want everyone not voting to vote for someone in their next post.
If you say so.
vote: Zorblag
Zorblag wrote:I'm just done with an unexpectedly pleasant (if internet-free) weekend. I'll take a look at where we are when I get done teaching today and have some input.
He said this two days ago, trying to fly under the radar.
@Zorblag: Can you please put your input into the game?
I actually really like the feel of thei vote, It gives me a slight, (and slightly odd) town feeling on TCC, despite this post, which just looks a bit newbish to me:
But i would much rather lynch scum, as for plans, i am just waiting for someone to slip up at the moment, so no i dont ahve any 'plans' for pursuing scum at the moment
--
ScramblesTheDeathDealer wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:Scrambles, how long are you willing to wait for NS before you do decide to vote him? Why is this different from the other votes you have placed so far in the game?
I am not fond of NS's lurking. Especially since he has posted in other games after I called him out on st00f. I like to let people defend themselves before I vote, however.
So, to clarify, you're waiting for him to post. Right?

--

Let me categorize everyone to show my view on everyone:

Lurking (in no particular order) :

NobodySpecial
Zorblag
Sajin
Inquisitor JL

Active Lurking:
RayFrost
TheCheshireCat

Not really making sense:
ScrambleTheDeathDealer
Ythan

Posting some content (Satisfactory):
Sotty7
Copper

Posting real content AND MAKING ME HAPPY:
Thor665

So, more people should try to emulate Thor. Got it? Now that that's setteled, let's continue our regularly scheduled Mafia game.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (isolation #22) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Zorblag's catchup post is good, but I don't think he mentioned everyone. Maybe he should make a scumlist.

I see that I've been asked to write a scumlist. It'is in the works, but I don't have much time now. It will either come later this afternoon, or Saturday evening after my
Weekly V/LA
, there's your reminder.

RayFrost, you're playing exactly the same way you were in that last Newbie game, don't deny it. And you were scum. Your scumlist was close to worthless- you really need to explain yourself. I am extremely pleased with where my vote is, especially in the wake of a looming deadline.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Thor665 wrote:@Pom - please just provide your scum list, I actually don't even understand why it's hard to do for you. Giving one or two scummiest names should be the matter of a few seconds of work. Your dragging of your feet to provide them later concerns me - when you provide them could you clarify why you needed so much time to give two names?
There was a big storm where I live Saturday, and the internet went down, and only came back up late last night, and I didn't have a chance for mafia. Then I had school today. So here I am.

I'd say that my top suspect is RayFrost, who wins in a landslide victory. Recently he started harking on Ythan for Fluffy posting. I mean, seriously, him being the one talking? The hypocrisy is killing me. And that's all he doing- like linking to useless posts of Ythan. Like, the case feels really half-hearted. The type of way ScumRF makes cases.

Confirm Vote: RF

I also find IJL and TCC scummy for these 'Busy, will post later!' posts, because they never actually happen. The last time IJL made a serious post was a week ago. And it's not like he's been playing such a protown or game, and it's not like his few posts are chock-full of scumhunting.

FoS: IJL
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (isolation #24) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

I don't have time for a real reply at the moment, but I would like to say that your post is based off of the assumption that my vote is based on meta. It's not. Meta is a supporting pillar, but not the base. I think I said that somewhere, and when I have time I will try to find it.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (isolation #25) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Ythan wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
TheCheshireCat wrote:If you say so.
vote: Zorblag
I actually really like the feel of thei vote, It gives me a slight, (and slightly odd) town feeling on TCC, despite this post, which just looks a bit newbish to me:
But i would much rather lynch scum, as for plans, i am just waiting for someone to slip up at the moment, so no i dont ahve any 'plans' for pursuing scum at the moment
I'm curious as to why this gives you a town read, and why it is so very very slight.
Well, it was gut. And it was so slight, it's gone.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (isolation #26) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Locke Lamora wrote:
Pomegranate wrote: I'd say that my top suspect is RayFrost, who wins in a landslide victory. Recently he started harking on Ythan for Fluffy posting. I mean, seriously, him being the one talking? The hypocrisy is killing me. And that's all he doing- like linking to useless posts of Ythan. Like, the case feels really half-hearted.
The type of way ScumRF makes cases.
ScumRF is a total meta reference. Her whole read relies on what she knows of RF as scum. Now, I don't have a problem with that in itself. It's perfectly understandable for her to suspect RF because his play matches scum meta that she's seen first-hand on more than one occasion. What I don't like is that she tries to defend herself from Ray's counter by claiming that meta isn't the core of her case when she has repeatedly referenced previous games in her attacks on him. I feel like she's almost surprised that Ray has now responded with proper content and is thinking that the easy lynch of anti-town Ray might not be so easy after all. I think town-Pome with a genuine meta-based scum read of Ray would be more confident in their opinion.
But look at the post you quoted. Even following that posts, what RF was (and is) doing is scummy. Say that last senyence wasn't there. Would the post not make sense, or be invalid for any reason. I mention briefly that yes, ScumRF does play this way, but out of the 7 (albeit short) sentences in that, seven words were devoted to RF's meta. Now, if my reasons were based on meta, wouldn't the majority of the post have focused on it?

--
CSL wrote:Where I came from, smilies were a scumtell believe it or not.

Vote: TheCheshireCat
CSL, why can't you finish reading the thread, then vote, and explain your logic?

--
Sotty7 wrote:I agree something is off about Pom, I asked her for a scum list a forever ago and she still hasn't posted it. If she wants to say that he confirm vote post is her scum list then I am even less impressed considering a bulk of that post talks about lurkers (Ray, IJL and TCC) I want a
real
scum list. I want some discussion about active posters (Thor, myself, copper)
I was asked by other players to only give my scumreads in my scumleast, and not my townreads. Post 474.

--
[...] to the extent where even her accusations aren't remotely threatening.

I guess that my tone doesn't translate well onto the internet. (The actual tone of my voice should indicate that I'm planning to fly to Japan, and stalk and murder RF. I guess I just didn;'t know how to convey that.)
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (isolation #27) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

I will say that I'm willing to hammer TCC. The content hasn't improved.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (isolation #28) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Henry Hathaway wrote:Reaffirming
Vote: Kthxbye

My reason is simple:

He is squirming more than the other wagons.
Have you read through the thread?

If so,do you have any other thoughts on the game?

If not, how can you cast a vote that quickly?
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (isolation #29) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Henry Hathaway wrote:To answer above, I have read the thread. I dislike the early drama, it was more emotional and involved many personal vendetta's. That breeds a situation easy for scum to navigate. I dislike that.
Do you have any sort of reads on any players other than Kthxbye?
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (isolation #30) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Weekly V/LA
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (isolation #31) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:30 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Oh, hi Charter!

Been busy recently, will get a post up.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (isolation #32) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Kthxbye wrote:My opinion on Pom: She's lurky, BUT same could be said for me. I'm quickly losing interest in this game. I do have to say the point about her actively lurking and not really pushing out her opinions on active players is justified.
Yeah, my interest in this game isn't extrememly high.
My opinion on RF: I really don't see much scummy about him. I think it's mostly gut, but he just seems like one of those players that tries (and often succeeds) to rile people up with his post to gauge their reaction. It's a valid way to scumhunt IMO.
The thing is that he says that he guages reactions, but I don't find him really giving opinions about it. There were a few posts about me, but it appearrs to me that he riles people up, "guages reactions", but doesn't explain what he's figured out.
My opinion on LL: Slightly scummy for taking something that's not a scum-tell and trying to get the wagon rolling right after RF made a huge post about it. I think compared to the other very valid cases on others out there, me "over justifying" my vote is a tad on the weak side. Not to mention my earlier read on Ythan.
I agree that it's on the weak side of things.
My opinion on TCC: I stand by my vote on her. For all I know TCC could have just been an alt. She could have not liked this game as scum or as town. I don't believe in giving replacements a free pass from their predecessors (at least not anymore) and I would prefer her lynch over anyone else at this point.

That being said, CSL's predecessors weren't the towniest players either, and Ythan never made much sense.
I still do find the lurking scummy, but I prefer my vote on RF.
Oh, and btw, I STILL think we need a lynch and thus a flip very soon. In fact, I'm willing to lynch Pom, LL, and TCC right now. TCC I've already talked about, Pom because I can see the case on her and agree with it enough that I'm willing to vote her to end this day, and LL because I still stand by my reasons for thinking Ythan was scummy and do not think LL has done much to change my opinion of that role. I only switched to TCC because of the more blatant scumminess vs. a more overt scum-read of Ythan.
What specifically makes you agree to a lynch on me? Have you taken into account that Locke wants a lynch on me too?
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (isolation #33) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Pomegranate »

charter wrote:Basically, Copper has a habit of trying to pass of shady reasoning as legit, which is scummy. This shady reasoning is used to defend TCC, which is why I think they're buddies.
QFT
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (isolation #34) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Copper wrote:Pom & charter: Is it normally a habit of either of you to try to select scum pairs on Day 1, before any flips or investigations?
A little, but I don't spend the bulk of my scumhunting looking for pairs.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (isolation #35) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Frothingly Angry Vote Consolidation Man wrote:@POMEGRANATE - you have a wagon full of fruit from the Tree of Fail and are at the marketplace. Either start selling that stuff right now or abandon your cart and try to hook up with another.
Gotcha. But I still don't kniw why anyone wabts fruits fron the Tree of Fail.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (isolation #36) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:51 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Regarding 653: My cable went out last night, a short time after that post. It's affecting all my games right now. And the computer I'm on won't let me quote things right now. I'll try to make a quote-less post.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (isolation #37) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:09 am

Post by Pomegranate »

602: I agree that the line 'we need a flip' is scummy. He seems to be trying to rush a lynch, which is what scum want,

611: I sympathise.

617: You (Sotty) find me scummy, and think that the TCC wagon was scum-driven. If you think that I'm scum, why don't you think that I was on it?

625: I agree with you troll that when I've played with CSL that he's been lurky too.

626: Kthxbye, why don't you care who is lynched? That is distinctly anti-town.

635: See what I mean regarding RF?

656: Why don't you (RF) want to vote me? You think I'm scum, but don't want me to be hammered yet, one day before deadline?

661: Just to clarify- RF, you like looking for buddies before any flips?

I'm up for a lynch on RF, also Kthxbye, looking back. Also mayne CSL or TCC.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (isolation #38) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:13 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Kthxbye wrote:
at this point, the water is so muddy, and this game has gone on so long EVERYONE has said or done something scummy. Plus, as I said, I was going to see who put someone at L-1 without mentioning my post about the instant hammer. I would have thought that to be scummy had the person lynched flipped town. Thor killed that gambit though.

[...]

lol. you just said my not caring who was lynched (coming from my willingness to hammer next person at L-1) was scummy yet you just said you're cool with lynching 4 of the 11 players, other than yourself. Yet you see my willing to hammer next L-1 as scummy. You also do realize you are willing to hammer the people that most others have called out for being scummy.
So was it a gambit or do you really have no reads?
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (isolation #39) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:40 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Answer my question first. Cuz I asked it first. You clearly contradicted yourself in the segments that I quoted in 668.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (isolation #40) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Unvote; Vote: CSL
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (isolation #41) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Well, I said in my last post that my suspects were RF, Kthxbye, CSL, and maybe TCC. I'm reluctant to jump in the TCC wagon right this second (but I will tomorrow if necessary to prevent a no-lynch). I know that a RF lynch won't happen. So there's CSL and Kthxbye. I was sort of a toss up from there, but I decided on CSL because his lurky playing isn't good, and I still don't like thr player slot in general.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (isolation #42) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

You also do realize you are willing to hammer the people that most others have called out for being scummy.
Kthxbye, where did I say this? I said I might be up for voting TCC, that's the closest thing I can see to what you're saying.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (isolation #43) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Thor665 wrote:How do you find his lurking play in relation to your own?
He's made two posts, each of which wwas 3 lines long, and basically only mantioned TCC. I think that I'm unquestionably providing more content.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (isolation #44) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Kthxbye wrote:Pom, instead of following down the path I see you so clearly trying to go down, let me ask you this and let you think about it.

Do you think our stronger scumhunters or those who are the least suspicious have/had a chance at getting to L-1? IF they did, don't you think it would be pretty scummy of the people on the wagon that got them there? Wouldn't that be pretty cool if something like that happened? Even if it didn't, do you think whoever is the next to get to L-1 is not going to have a good to great case against them with the players in this game? Answer these questions before you try and make my willingness to hammer the next person at L-1 with (at the time) 3 days till deadline scummy. okay? thanks. buh-bye now.
So if someone gets to L-1, he/she must be scummy to have gotten there, and therefore worth your voe? That's basically what scum want: Vote whoever has the most votes (other than scumbuddies), to get a townie lynch, and appear townie. This is not a pro-town approach to the game.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (isolation #45) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Thor665 wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:He's made two posts, each of which wwas 3 lines long, and basically only mantioned TCC. I think that I'm unquestionably providing more content.
Do you think his play has been scummy?

You seem to be voting him because he's lurking (unarguably true) but haven't really said why you think he is scum. If you feel lurker = scum then why are you playing in a scum-like manner? If you do not feel this why are you voting CSL?
Well, I guess it is partly for lurking. That player slot has made 13 posts all game.

I also don't like the little that CSL has said. He voted TCC before reading the entire thread, and has yet to give a read on any other player.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (isolation #46) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:53 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Oh well. Bah. :(
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1525 (isolation #47) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Pomegranate »

I just think that this draw is hysterical... one mafioso and a one shot PGO...

I didn't really follow the game (only lynches and kills) so I don't have any real opinions on it. The ending was cool though.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1527 (isolation #48) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:55 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Col.Cathart wrote:Image

A cookie for everyone who stayed in my game to the very end, even though the replacement problems were MASSIVE.
Do I get one?
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1529 (isolation #49) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:04 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Good.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1536 (isolation #50) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:01 am

Post by Pomegranate »

One second. According to the town win condition- 'You win when all threats to the town are eliminated. ', we would have one the next night, as all the mafia would be dead. Technically, it never said that any memebers of the town must still be alive for the town to win.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1537 (isolation #51) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Pomegranate »

*members
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1549 (isolation #52) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:45 am

Post by Pomegranate »

^^^ QFT. In fact, this is the second mini-normal I've played in which had one (except that the other time the PGO was not one-shot, which was bad).
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1559 (isolation #53) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Have you seen the MD thread devoted to this?...
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1561 (isolation #54) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”