Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #43 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Thesp »

I'm so ashamed that people are random voting in this game, especially from some people who were in the last game with me. It's embarassing. ;)

RVS is over, as of now. If anyone "random" votes, I will stab them in the eye. Then I will vote for them and I may not leave from my vote for the day until they are lynched from the neck.

Jase, do you enjoy having town roles or scum roles more? On an unrelated note, are you happy?
ConfidAnon, are you scum? If not, why are you lying?
Leafsnail, can you PM your scumbuddies and let them know we've started?
pman5595, why'd you do it?
My Milked Eek, how scummy do you think you'll be this game?
Kitten4u, how much have you played mafia in real life? What's one of your real life tells?
Wickedestjr, how many scumpartners do you have?
Oman, do you find happiness in receiving role PMs? Were you happy when you got your role PM for this game?
Sotty7, what's the best method for catching scum?
CrashTextDummie, how good do you think you are at online mafia?
Ellibereth, do you think lurking is a scumtell?

I need more questions.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by Thesp »

Ellibereth wrote:Lynch all Lurkers. 'Nuff said. :D
I like you. :)
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #120 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by Thesp »

ConfidAnon wrote:Why are you against the RVS? And why do you think your mostly pointless questions are a better alternative?
I'm not sure why you think RVS is a productive means of our time (that is what you're suggesting, right?). I disagree with your assessment that my questions are pointless.
My Milked Eek wrote:That's a rather silly policy and I'm tempted to random vote.
What's silly about it?
Leafsnail wrote:Also, since I haven't played a game with you before, why do you dislike RVS? Do you fear a hammer vote could randomly be reached or do you just think it's childish?
More the latter, but primarily because it's a waste of time and usually only muddies things up. I want things to be productive. I'm also a big proponent of a diminishing point of returns with posting, and RVS is antithetical to that. On top of that, if there are people who are active early then peter out, I'd rather them be mildly useful to start, and I'm not convinced that RVS is the best method of obtaining useful information as rapidly as possible.
My Milked Eek wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:
Thesp Post 43 wrote:Sotty7, what's the best method for catching scum?
Paying attention.

Vote: Oman

I thought it was pretty clear that Elli was joking around.
It was, but it's odd that when a little "heat" was coming her way, she immediately dropped the joke.
How likely would town have had the reaction you describe?
Wickedestjr wrote:
Thesp wrote:RVS is over, as of now. If anyone "random" votes, I will stab them in the eye. Then I will vote for them and I may not leave from my vote for the day until they are lynched from the neck.
This seems contradictory to the fact that you still feel the need to ask these random questions:
What gave you the impression that they were random?
Wickedestjr wrote:Firstly, what was the purpose of these questions?
Secondly, if we were out of the RVS when you made your post, then why didn't you make any serious comments?
To answer Firstly, I am trying to get meaningful responses from which to make keen observations on to find the scumz for us.
To answer Secondly, the RVS officially ended
when
I posted. My post was entirely serious business.

I </3 the Leafsnail wagon.
ConfidAnon wrote:If you're going to paint me as scummy for saying "partner" instead of "partners," you're gonna have to do better than that.
I don't like the feel of this post.

I'm agreeing with pmann5595 more than I expect to. (Primarily re: Leafsnail and ConfidAnon.)
pman5595 wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:
Leafsnail wrote:Ellibereth, you've once again failed to answer my question, and have instead just thrown a vote my way. Perhaps you could at least explain why you find me suspicious, or who else you find suspicious?
Gut.
Gut should never be the only reason to think someone is mafia. If you cannot find any actual evidence that they are mafia, you should not target them
I've quoted the part of your post that is wrong. (Looks like Ellibereth agrees with me.)
pman5595 wrote:WE ARE OUT OF THE JOKING PERIOD
NEVAR
Ellibereth wrote:
pman5595 wrote:just thought of this. How common is a post restriction in mini normal games?
Nil, explain.
QFT.

PPE:
pman5595 wrote:acting scummy by being stupid by voting for leafsnail without any reasoning
Voting without reasoning is not "stupid" by any means.

That said, I endorse the wagon on Ellibereth. I like this one better, though:

Vote: ConfidAnon.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #133 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by Thesp »

pman5595 wrote:
Thesp wrote:
pman5595 wrote:acting scummy by being stupid by voting for leafsnail without any reasoning
Voting without reasoning is not "stupid" by any means.
says the person who so hates the RVS

explain
No.

teehee
ConfidAnon wrote:What meaningful information could be gathered from a question like: "Are you scum? If not, why are you lying?"
I find it useful to gauge how comfortable someone is with the game.
My Milked Eek wrote:How about the fact that you're willing to stick a day 1 vote onto someone who randomly votes, instead of voting someone you think is scum? But, policy lynches/votes are, in general, silly.
I think it'd be worthwhile to find out who is so wedded to random votes that they're willing to risk a wagon on them, and why.

I hope and expect not to have to act on such a threat (and in some real sense, it is another game action that pushes the game into motion and necessarily moves people away from being able to randomly vote and moves towards actual votes and bandwagons), but I will if I must.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #164 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:53 am

Post by Thesp »

I had our weekly game night last night and work has been busy, so I should have a good post tonight. I haven't forgotten about you all!
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #174 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by Thesp »

Sotty7 wrote:Thesp, why the confid vote?
I don't like his Leafsnail vote, for starters.
Leafsnail wrote:ConfidAnon - The most scummy player, in my eyes. Seems determined to kick me over small things, but doesn't seem to be making any attempt to establish whether I'm scum or not. Inconsistent motive for his original vote on me. I would like you to explain the disparity between your more recent post and the post where you voted me.
*hifive*
Sotty7, re: Wickedestjr wrote:Feels like epic reaching to me, I see nothing wrong with the question you asked. Then he also tries to tie Elli and Leaf together with some weak distancing call. Not buying it.
I actually thought wickedestjr as genuinely trying here, and I'm not seeing the connection between him and pman5595.
Wickedestjr wrote:They weren't relevant to anything going on in the game.
I disagree - they help me get a feel on players in the game.
pman5595 wrote:If nobody could tell, I was being extremely sarcastic with that vote and the comments afterward, and they were meant to show Elli how annoying what he is doing is. unvote: Wickedestjr
I couldn't tell.

The Kitten4u attention is distracting from the ConfidAnon wagon, which needs more votes. I'll switch to Ellibereth if necessary. I'm down for a lurker-wagon if I have to, but I hope we won't have need of that.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #181 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Thesp »

My Milked Eek wrote:I regret to tell you guys that it's possible that I have to leave this game due to real life issues. I informed the mod about this in greater detail. My apologies, but if you feel that replacing me is going to help this game, don't hesitate to do so.
I hope everything turns out alright for you. Take care of yourself first.
CrashTextDummie wrote:ConfidAnon: Didn't like the Leaf vote. Didn't like how he tried to link him to Ellibereth even before that. Didn't like his reaction to being questioned by Thesp. Didn't like his reaction to being questioned about the number of scum. Didn't like how he tried to link Leaf to Pman. Didn't like the fact that he brushed off Leaf's accusations against him as OMGUS (they clearly weren't). Didn't like pretty much everything.
*hifive*
CrashTextDummie wrote:Unvote, Vote: Kitten4U, mostly to spite Thesp.
:(

I'm disliking the Kitten4u wagon even more.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #183 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by Thesp »

Ellibereth wrote:The CA wagon isn't looking like it's going anywhere right now.
This makes me sad. I DEMAND CHANGE
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #203 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:22 am

Post by Thesp »

Sotty7 wrote:You disliked it in the first place? How come?
I don't find Kitten4u nearly as interesting as those on the wagon seem to. Combine that with the particular people on the wagon are people I am most hesitant about, it looks awfully bad to me. (Looks like Leafsnail also asks this - same answer.) (And Kitten4u.)

Hello, Ythill! Hello Budja! Ythill, you can say hello to Budja with a vote. That's the most friendly and welcoming of approaches to meeting a new player in the game. ;)
Wickedestjr wrote:Did the RVS not give you this information? Why?
It's more random stuff and less topical information.

Needs moar Budjawagon. I will switch to Ellibereth if needed.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #243 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:58 am

Post by Thesp »

Sorry I've been off the past couple of days. Back to work.
Ythill wrote:I'm posting in this one first because Thesp + Oman + CTD demands special treatment.
I'm flattered!
Ythill wrote:Most people read the rules during the confirm phase, especially if they are bored and bit-chomping like Leaf was.
I don't - though I see what you're getting at with what you're saying. I'm not sure scum would ask such a question in thread, though - I end up drawing the opposite conclusion about Leafsnail.
Wickedestjr wrote:Thesp, why are you suspicious of Ellibereth?
Most stances he's taken in the game. I also find Oman persuasive. I also look for towntells from people, and I don't remember seeing any from Ellibereth. (This is furthered by Ellibereth's subsequent posts, but I must admit a bit of trepidation for the Budja wagon now that Ellibereth is on it.)
Ellibereth wrote:Where's Thesp?
Hi! I told my wife last night that I needed to post, but bed was too persuasive, so I woke up early to do it. ;)
Oman wrote:Elli why are you voting Kitten. I ask because that looks like real scumpartner behaviour there.
Really? Howso?

Looks like it's claim time for Kitten4u. I don't like either of the top two wagons, and I'm bothered that Budja and Ellibereth have no steam (though perhaps I'm partly at fault for some of it). More after the Kitten4u claim.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #284 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:45 am

Post by Thesp »

I know I'm behind in both of my games (work has been crazy lately, and the week has been busy!), but I intend to set some time aside this evening to play with you all. :) Though Oman did make me laugh, and I appreciate and agree with the sentiments.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #294 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by Thesp »

Ellibereth wrote:Okkkkkk, my gut now pings town on Kit for some reason. Leaving vote on for now but I still think that a Budja wagon would be good.
How are you not being lynched at this moment?

I'm torn here and I understand the call for a Kitten4u lynch after the vanilla claim. I still think it's a bad lynch, and there are two other very worthwhile considerations out there - Ellibereth and Budja.
Budja wrote:..and Elli just dropped all of his town points.
He had town points?
Ythill wrote:Anyway, recent developments have given us an opportunity for good information. I want competing wagons betwen kitten and Elli. Hence my unvote; vote Ellibereth.
*hi-five*
Kitten4u wrote:And with all that said, no one was really commenting on my wall like I was hoping they would.
I have a hard time not skimming walls when replying. I read them once, but replying point-by-point is a drain on town resources.
Oman wrote:We have plenty of info, we have 12 pages, this is a good length for the day.

Any more and our signal to noise ratio is going to drop, making it impossible to find scum amongst the textheavy first day.
This.
Sotty7, re: Budja wrote:His turn on Kitten doesn't feel like a scum move but he really needs to get into the game here.
Do you think it's "not-a-scum-move" or "town-move"?
Wickedestjr wrote:Ellibereth - Despite him not contributing much, I actually have a strong town read on him.
How? Do you have other examples? The only experience I recall with Ellibereth is very recent and very interrupted, but is extremely dissimilar to how he played when he was town.
Oman wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:pman looks like the best lynch to me.
This feels very out of the blue. I just scanned through your posts and you call him a hypocrite once, but that's it.
Agreed.

Needs more Ellibereth death.

Unvote: Budja, Vote: Ellibereth.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #323 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:56 am

Post by Thesp »

Leafsnail wrote:...Huh. I feel that Kitten has been let of the hook for not doing anything in particular.
I feel that Kitten has been let off the hook because Ellibereth is more likely to be scum.
Ellibereth wrote:Vote: Budja even though it probably won't happen today. I hope you guys string him up after I go though.
I'm down with that.
Ythill wrote:Wick needs to take a seat in the hotseat if Elli flips scum. Otherwise, I'm open to look into pman more closely tomorrow. Two wagons is enough for today.
Agreed.
Wickedestjr wrote:So... what do you guys think about the case? I skimmed through and only one person had commented.
I'm having a hard time not skimming it each time I go to read it. I'm happy to re-read him during the night. I don't remember him standing out very much (which could be a sign you're right, but I will look later).

I'm totally supportive of an Ellibereth hammer, though I am respectful of Ythill's request for this to wait until Kitten4u has posted. I wouldn't mind waiting for My Milked Eek, Budja and pman5595 to weigh in a bit more, but I'm not interested in tarrying until deadline.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #339 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:23 am

Post by Thesp »

I <3 the Budja vote.

Vote: Budja.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #357 (isolation #14) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by Thesp »

CrashTextDummie wrote:He seems to be too much on cruise control for my comfort, the fact that he agreed with the guy he was lynching (!) on who to pursue today and promptly followed through when the day started rubs me the wrong way.
I was pretty conflicted when Ellibereth wanted to turn on Budja, I must admit, because Budja is indeed at the top of my radar.

ConfidAnon's contribution to the game was terrible, and Budja has kept up the pace. The Leafsnail vote from ConfidAnon was awful, as was from Budja. Budja was scum well before his hammer on Ellibereth (particularly when he distances from his own vote). Happy with my vote on Budja.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #371 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:08 am

Post by Thesp »

Work and life have been crazy busy lately - I'm expecting to get a post in late tonight or early early tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #383 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:30 am

Post by Thesp »

Thesp wrote:Work and life have been crazy busy lately - I'm expecting to get a post in late tonight or early early tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.
This clearly hasn't gone according to plan. I'm at work now, but I have no plans this evening except to tend to this game. My apologies for the delay.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #400 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:12 am

Post by Thesp »

Sorry the post is 12 hours later than expected - the site was down for me last night.

Also, welcome to the game, Moriarty147!
pman5595 wrote:I don't see a problem with budja's hammer, personally. I don't view it as any different from the other votes.
What did you think of what he said when he placed his vote?
Leafsnail wrote:If this is the case, why were you on the Ellibereth wagon?
I read Ellibereth as scum - I thought his disjointed play was substantially different than the immediately-prior aborted game I had been in with him. I read his sudden switch to Budja (which came with an insistence on not asserting justification, and asserting he'd soon start a wagon on Budja that never came, then was re-asserted only after he was the foregone lynch) as a possible ploy at distancing. But to some real extent, I had a moment's hesitancy about lynching the only other person who seemed to be giving Budja some mind.
Budja wrote:I didn't like Elli's later actions and thought him the best choice.
What did you mean when you said "Elli is clearly not-newbish just zwets-ish"?

I support the wickedestjr wagon - I want to see what comes out of it.
Leafsnail wrote:
Budja wrote:Not fully convinced but certainly a better lynch than kitten.
Yet in your latest post you seem to imply that you were pretty damn sure. Why the change?
I'm not sure there's the dissonance there that you suggest - both assert that Ellibereth is the "better" or "best choice" lynch.
Ythill, re: wickedestjr wrote:1: You suspected Leaf at first but then gave him the pass because kitten was scummier but kept questioning him for awhile. Then you posted a calculated lean towards kitten-town but never really turned back on Leaf.
I find this more interesting than anything else here.
Moriarty147 wrote:First person that unnerves me is Oman. It's true that being terribly indecisive Town is a bad thing. However, why are you bitching about it on D2? Why did you want K4U lynched so badly?
I don't see any problem with it - I strongly support anyone trying to encourage people to vote and wagon.
Moriarty147, re: Budja wrote:But the latter option doesn't really work, because it means putting
himself
under even
more
suspicion than K4U: sure, if he went down and flipped Scum, K4U would trivially follow assuming she kept playing in the same fashion, but it meant putting himself under a lot of unnecessary suspicion when before this...he really didn't have all that much suspicion on him.
I'm not sure why hammering inherently means he comes under more suspicion, particularly when there are people calling for the hammer quite vociferously, as you yourself have noted.
Ythill wrote:
Mori wrote:K4U is Town and Elli turned out to be Town as well, so if he was Scum, why would he try to start a THIRD WAGON when he has his choice of "delicious Townie" or "delicious Townie" to lynch?
I don't agree with you about kitten but, even if you're right, there's a perfectly good explanation. He didn't want to be involved in a D1 mislynch (which may suggest buddies on the wagons). Do you think Wick expected the pman wagon to lead to a lynch? If not, why would he make that case and vote as town?
Actually, if he wants a third lynch, his best bet is to make a case, like he did. If he's just trying to stay off a wagon, he can do that easily enough with out the wall-o'-text. The primary reason I can think scum would push a third lynch when two townies are on the chopping block is to make it even harder for the town to come to a consensus, but I don't think wickedestjr is experienced enough to pick up on this strategy. I'm actually leaning more towards wickedestjr-town on this.
Moriarty147 wrote:I still need to reread Leafsnail. Nothing he does makes any sense really, as Town OR Scum. Argh.
People keep saying things like this, but I haven't felt that way
at all
. Am I missing something?
Sotty7 wrote:Moriarty's post would be great if I thought he was a townie. It makes much more sense that the wagon was pushed away from him because he is scum. I just don't see how it makes sense with him being town.
Who are the scum that pushed the wagon away? Be specific - this is a very targetted accusation you're making broadly, and I don't like it.
Ythill wrote:Q. How do we create a four-vote wagon and make Thesp complain?
A. unvote, vote Moriarty147
I woke my wife with my laughing at this. :razz:

I do disagree with the Moriarty147 wagon, but you've already figured that out. ;)

It's disturbing to me that there's not more
consideration
for the Budja wagon. I feel like people who are posting more are getting more vote attention, which is a bad message to be sending for this game. I'm still surprised at the Moriarty147 wagon, and I'm a little unsure how to proceed from here. I need to go hunting for others - I find myself in a weird place where I have a strong suspicion of one person left, and only middling suspicions of a number of others.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #417 (isolation #18) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:48 am

Post by Thesp »

Wickedestjr wrote:Also, CTD brings up a good point regarding Thesp. He usually figures out some of the scum, but I don't think he's right about any of his suspects.
Ugh. I hate running into this. Actually, the last time I ran into someone using this, scum was using it against me (and it was a game CTD was in).
Ythill wrote:No, actually he doesn't. Calling someone scum for being wrong on D1 is complete crap. Even the best players are wrong sometimes, especially in the early game. I've been mislynched by Thesp-town late game. The only reason I didn't call CTD out on this was because it didn't seem to be the heart of his accusation.
Thank you. Yeesh.
Ythill wrote:I'm going to wait on Mori for awhile but, if the Wick wagon grows, y'all can expect me to jump on.
If it's between either of them, I'd vote on Wickedestjr, but I'm not convinced it needs to be between the two of them.
Mod, can we get a prod on Budja?
We seem unwilling to give attention to people who aren't posting.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #424 (isolation #19) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by Thesp »

Thesp wrote:
pman5595 wrote:I don't see a problem with budja's hammer, personally. I don't view it as any different from the other votes.
What did you think of what he said when he placed his vote?
Still missing this answer.
Ythill wrote:Meh. I'm giving attention where my suspicions lie. If you think it's warranted somewhere else, I'm all ears.
But that's the thing - it seems (from most people) to be directed at people who are posting more than other players. People who are posting less than others are getting slides, which encourages lurking and will kill us if we let it. We don't seem to be approaching non-contribution as scummy, and that's bad.
Ythill wrote:The Mori wagon isn't moving, I'm putting my vote back on my lead suspect. The rest of you should either vote one of them or get yourselves organized somewhere else.
Agreed.

Still leaning slightly-town on Wickedestjr. Still in the likely-town camp on Moriarty147. Still thinking Budja is scum.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #427 (isolation #20) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by Thesp »

I'm liking a Budja/pman5595 pairing.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #429 (isolation #21) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:02 am

Post by Thesp »

pman5595 wrote:
Thesp wrote:I'm liking a Budja/pman5595 pairing.
any particular reason you feel this way?
Of course!
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #440 (isolation #22) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:56 am

Post by Thesp »

Sotty7 wrote:I have played with Thesp twice. One game he was scum and was pretty active but the game was bogged down by less than fun players. The second game he was town and pretty lurky until the end. I haven't seen ThespTown bust open a whole or part of scum team. So if you have any links to show this, I'd like to see.
My activity will be dependent on my availability. And I have had a few stellar games where I knocked things out of the park. And I've had a few duds in there as well. ;)
pman5595 wrote:I wasn't going to respond to this, because it is the same stuff that was in his other case repeated. But he "blackmailed" me :)
How concerned are you about the purported "blackmail" of someone you think is scum?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #449 (isolation #23) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:26 am

Post by Thesp »

Wickedestjr wrote:
Thesp wrote:Ugh. I hate running into this. Actually, the last time I ran into someone using this, scum was using it against me (and it was a game CTD was in).
Was the scum attacking you for this correct when they said you hadn't found any scum?
They were correct in that I hadn't found scum, they were incorrect in that I was town in that game.
pman5595 wrote:Anyway. This is probably over-speculation, but the role most likely to be replaced iis probably a vanilla townie. As it is the hardest role to "get in to" IMO.
I strongly disagree. Also, I missed your answer to this:
Thesp wrote:
pman5595 wrote:I wasn't going to respond to this, because it is the same stuff that was in his other case repeated. But he "blackmailed" me :)
How concerned are you about the purported "blackmail" of someone you think is scum?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #458 (isolation #24) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:20 am

Post by Thesp »

This close to a deadline, no sense in my vote being all lonesome. I will gladly move it back to Fate if there's a possibility of a wagon there.

Unvote: Fate, Vote: pman5595.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #462 (isolation #25) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:49 am

Post by Thesp »

Sotty7 wrote:Deadline is a week away Thesp. There is still plenty of time to push your number one.
So we should wait a week? I've been pushing for two weeks and haven't gotten any traction. I'd rather push for our claims/lynch now, and I don't want to be pushed up against the deadline doing it.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #470 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:35 am

Post by Thesp »

Fate wrote:
Thesp wrote:This close to a deadline, no sense in my vote being all lonesome. I will gladly move it back to Fate if there's a possibility of a wagon there.

Unvote: Fate, Vote: pman5595.
So we should wait a week? I've been pushing for two weeks and haven't gotten any traction. I'd rather push for our claims/lynch now, and I don't want to be pushed up against the deadline doing it.
The last two posts from Thesp make me *raise eyebrows*

I think your vote on me was back when Budja was still around. Either way, it didn't seem like it was going to stick, so you switched wagons.

Why didn't you put Wicked at L-1? Especially if you want to push for claims? As I see it right now, the only reason you voted pman was because he had more votes on him.
Nice deflection of the pman5595 wagon. I'm quite happy with my vote on either of pman5595 or Fate.

I'm not a fan of the wickedestjr wagon, but I don't want to see stalling for a claim with him now at L-1.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #472 (isolation #27) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Thesp »

Fate wrote:
Thesp wrote:Nice deflection of the pman5595 wagon. I'm quite happy with my vote on either of pman5595 or Fate.
So are you suggesting I voted pman, and I am now deflecting off him? How about you respond to the other points in my post?
Yes. He emerged as a conceivably viable second candidate, and you move off him to a single-vote, leaving Wickedestjr as the only person with more than 2 votes. Yeah, that's a significant deflection.

Also, there were other points in your post? What is it you want me to address? Why I didn't vote for Wickedestjr? (I thought I made it clear that there were others I preferred to lynch. Did I not convey this?)
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #475 (isolation #28) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:51 am

Post by Thesp »

Fate wrote:
Thesp wrote:
Ythill wrote:I'm going to wait on Mori for awhile but, if the Wick wagon grows, y'all can expect me to jump on.
If it's between either of them, I'd vote on Wickedestjr, but I'm not convinced it needs to be between the two of them.
Mod, can we get a prod on Budja?
We seem unwilling to give attention to people who aren't posting.
^No, I guess you didn't make it clear, because in this post it seems like you are willing to vote Wicked. Add that to the fact that the "point" I brought up that you should've explained was your dissonance between "close to the deadline, let's push for claims lynch." and not voting Wicked, who you said before you're willing to vote for, to put him at L-1.
My apologies, I thought I had made it clear that I preferred other candidates, but that between Moriarty147 and Wickedestjr, I would vote Wickedestjr. I will vote for Wickedestjr over No Lynch as well. I find it notable that you're removing steam from the only other wagon that seems to have any decent attention. I'm still not understanding what you mean here - I
do
want to push for wagons now, and I'd rather push and get a wagon/claim on pman5595. However, the current size of the wagon on Wickedestjr has precluded that - we
must
hear from Wickedestjr.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #486 (isolation #29) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:29 am

Post by Thesp »

I will hammer if Wickedestjr does not claim with the next post.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #499 (isolation #30) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:45 am

Post by Thesp »

I'm all for pushing for a pman5595 lynch. We've got to act fast either way. I'm kind of surprised Oman didn't put a vote out there after his unvote - what are you thinking at this point?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #518 (isolation #31) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by Thesp »

CrashTextDummie wrote:First instinct is to go back to pman. Second instinct is to not be a lazy bum and to give this game a thorough reread. So I'll go do that.
I agree. I'll do that, but I'm still happiest with my vote on either of Fate or pman5595.

Vote: Fate.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #547 (isolation #32) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:31 am

Post by Thesp »

Fate wrote:
FOS: Thesp
For having two candidates and then voting me. He's distancing.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Ythill wrote:Thesp, of your two suspects, why did you choose to vote Fate?
It's part of my perpetual attempt to draw attention to someone whom I think is scum - looks like we can get him tomorrow.

I have zero qualms with a hammer - I particularly like how pman5595 claimed
Town
Roleblocker (emphasis mine). I'm only waiting so Leafsnail and Moriarty147 have the opportunity to post today.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #560 (isolation #33) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:50 am

Post by Thesp »

Fate wrote:Yeah we got him. My replacing in was a good luck charm for town...

Or maybe,

it was Fate.
YEEAAAAHH!
Ythill wrote:"The Kübler-Ross model, commonly known as the
five stages of grief
, was first introduced by Elisabeth Kübler-Ross in her 1969 book, On Death and Dying. It describes, in five discrete stages, a process by which people deal with grief and tragedy, especially when diagnosed with a terminal illness or catastrophic loss."
pman wrote:I used color tags (and to thesp, the word "town") because that is how it appears in my role pm.
Denial.
pman wrote:I HATE this
Anger.
pman wrote:If you would actually consider the fact that you are hammering town, then yes, I will post the case.
Bargaining.
pman wrote:what's the point
Depression.

The only one left is Acceptance. :D
This is clearly the best post in the whole game. :D
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #581 (isolation #34) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by Thesp »

Leafsnail wrote:We are in a pretty good situation. We probably only have one scum left, and we still have all our PRs. We just need to get rid of the last mafia member now.

With that in mind, Vote: Fate. Your interactions with pman were all odd, and I believe pman started the day on you as an attempt at distancing. Your explanation for the end of day 2 is bizarre, and your defensive of "Oh it can't have been a bus" sucks.
YAUS KILL

diescumdie
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #582 (isolation #35) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by Thesp »

Wait -

Unvote: Fate.

Just in case we've got 2 scum left. But he's the guy I want to lynch.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #598 (isolation #36) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:45 am

Post by Thesp »

I'll re-look at everything tomorrow night. Also, is Moriarty147 still playing?
Mod, can we get an immediate prod/replacement?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #616 (isolation #37) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Thesp »

Fate wrote:You still haven't answered the question: Why would I get
off
the SK and
on
to my partner, Pman?
See, that's part of the problem with things like this - once you're clearly self-aware of such a move, it's less useful as an indication of being pro-town.

In any case, I remember when you were all like, "Hey guys, I'm just now in the game and I'm voting for pman5595" then I was all like "It's getting closer to a deadline, let's get a real wagon on pman5595 so we have a wagon to compete with wickedestjr's wagon" and then you were all like "Screw that, I'm now voting for Thesp". Good times.
Fate wrote:Thesp comes in and quickvotes...hmmm
Would you care to state what you think of that, or are you content to throw out vague "hmmm"s?
Sotty7 wrote:This also feeds into my theory that scum would not have pushed a wagon from Kitten4U over to Elli if both players were townies. I think Pman jumped on Elli taking Kitten away from lynch-1 with the hope that others would follow. Pman being new to MS wouldn't know that a VT claim at lynch-1 isn't and shouldn't be enough to derail a lynch. I think he saw strong players like Ythill and Thesp leaning away from Kitten and decided to leap himself.
This feels like a bit of a reach - I don't follow the same conclusions here. (Looks like CTD beats me to this here.)

I would vote Fate, but I want to hear from Moriarty147/newplayer - seeing a playerslot go for two days without posting is a bit much for me.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #620 (isolation #38) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:23 am

Post by Thesp »

Fate wrote:you were all like, "Hey I want wicked to claim but I'm NOT going to put him at L-1, I'll vote Pman instead."
I'm sorry, I forgot where I advocated for a wickedestjr claim when he wasn't at L-1. Can you quote that post for me?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #623 (isolation #39) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:39 am

Post by Thesp »

Leafsnail wrote:
Fate wrote:Yes, Leaf. Is that so unlikely?
Well, it's not at all unlikely if you're scum and don't care who gets lynched.
It's even more likely if you're scum and want the top vote-getter to get lynched, even though you wanted it to look like you wanted your initial vote-getter lynched.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #653 (isolation #40) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by Thesp »

I am sorry for my absence lately - life crept up on me. Anyway. I haven't seen anything interesting here at all, or anything compelling to suggest a different course. I'm happy to see Fate die, and frustrated that we're still missing a playerslot. Regardless, I don't see anything else coming out of this day.

Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #688 (isolation #41) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:47 am

Post by Thesp »

Can we get the nightchoices, pretty please, mod? Thanks for running this game!
Darkstrike_11 wrote:the one thing I will say about this game is that the scum played out of their minds. They nailed each power role, pretty much, and had all the control of where the game was going. It was like watching a townie train crash in slow motion.
Thanks, but I felt it was a bit of the opposite - it bothered me that all our nightkills were townies! And I swore there would be a jailkeeper in the game up until the end, which turned out to be quite wrong.
Ythill wrote:The one place where this scum-win hinged on bad townie play was on the day after I died. It was quite obviously MYLO. Why the hell didn't someone suggest mass claim?
Every time I'd check the thread that day, I would think, "I hope they don't suggest massclaim and no-lynch", which was probably the correct play.
Fate wrote:That would be the only feedback I had, was that scum was pretty strong this game. If it were three goons and a SK it might be doable, but a RB'er may have tipped the balance.
Doc/Cop is a pretty strong combo. If anything, I think another town role could have been added, but I don't think with Cop/Doc in the game you can take away the roleblocker.
Oman wrote:Damn you Thesp, last time I play with you, scumbag!
:cry:
CrashTextDummie wrote:Props also for figuring out I had a powerrole on N1, which quite frankly baffles me, as I don't think I played this game differently than any other (I usually suck balls whenever I play a game from the beginning, I'm much stronger when I replace in).
Perhaps it was a lucky guess - you looked like you were playing your cards very tightly to the chest, and I dunno, had a different feel about you than other players did. In any case, I'll just be happy that we managed to make it through!

Thanks to everyone for this game, I had a blast!
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #690 (isolation #42) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:15 am

Post by Thesp »

Darkstrike_11 wrote:
Wickedestjr (SK)

Night1: Kill Ythill
what
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #692 (isolation #43) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:51 am

Post by Thesp »

Darkstrike_11 wrote:
Thesp wrote:
Darkstrike_11 wrote:
Wickedestjr (SK)

Night1: Kill Ythill
what
what
He claimed to kill pman5595.

That filthy scum. I can't believe he lied to us.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”