Mini 918 - A Hot, Steaming Bowl of Mafia - Game Over!

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:29 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Hey guys, I'm here, I've just had a pretty hectic week this last week, and I've been trying to catch up on everything.

I have skimmed through the game, and from the looks of things Hoopla and Shotty's play look off to me.

I want to do a full read of the game before I post anymore though to make sure my reads are right.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:34 am

Post by Zachrulez »

RedCoyote wrote:Heavy Rain and MAG are both games I'm very interested in, but I'm still finishing Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2! I've been hooked on Left 4 Dead 2.

I like Hoopla's post 218.

I'm not sure why Zach wanted to replace if he's not interested in playing. It's a shame because I like him.
Yeah, I've had a difficult time getting to this game for various reasons.

I noticed that I didn't fully explain what happened last time I posted, but pretty much right after I replaced in I got into a car accident. That coupled in with the fact that my work has suddenly turned into a super busy/super stressful environment has been wreaking havoc on all my mafia activity as of late.

Anyway, that's enough of the excuses that you probably don't want to hear.

Anyway, looking at the sum of Hoopla's play, she's basically killed a pro-town player on day 1, very early on for reasons I'm not satisfied with. On top of that, she claimed tracker, was counterclaimed and immediately backed off the claim. (Sum of this is a pretty much confirmed and outted Col. C)

There's no doubt that she's responsible for the daykill seeing as no one's countered THAT, I simply don't buy into the argument that the daykill power can't be scum, especially when looking at Hoopla's play.

Vote: Hoopla

I want to have another look at day 1, but based on what I've seen, Hoopla looked the most suspicious there too.

I'll see what I can do about getting a summary of my thoughts on everyone up this weekend.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Zachrulez »

RedCoyote wrote:
I, for one, had no idea why Zach felt compelled to bring her to L-1 either.
I found her to clearly be the most suspicious player out of anyone else. I felt like the pressure was warranted.

I did not expect to see her hammered so quickly though.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Yeah, I'm finding Charter's claim hard to believe.

You'd have to buy 2 vigilantes AND 2 investigative roles.

It looks pretty convenient too.

The whole, I didn't cop Shotty because I don't waste roles on people who are going to be lynched anyway. But that doesn't really explain why you used your roleblocker power on him instead, and you're basing THAT logic on the presumption that he'd be sending in the scum's kill.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

charter wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:Yeah, I'm finding Charter's claim hard to believe.

You'd have to buy 2 vigilantes AND 2 investigative roles.

It looks pretty convenient too.
Did you miss my whole don't outguess the mod post?
I did, I still don't think it's likely that there are 2 vigs or 2 investigative roles.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

d3x wrote:Zach- What are your thoughts about D1 and D2 {before you joined}? What are your thoughts on Nik? What are your thoughts on Konowa/Bio?
To be honest, it doesn't really feel like a whole lot happend between day 1 and 2.

The only things that really stood out to me were Shotty's strange early play (Which didn't really mean anything in hindsight with his flip.) Hoopla's bizzare bandwagoning without actually posting any content, and Redcoyote's strange comment following the Sotty Vig kill.

Day 1 was pretty lurky in general and the lynch happend really quickly which didn't leave much to go on beyond that and the lynching wagon.

Day 2 is where I came in and was pretty much convinced that Hoopla was scum. The vig claim was pretty much all that was discussed from the start of the day, so I'm not sure how much I can really say about that now.

Bio's hammer was scummy, but in light of the Tracker result, and what is IMO a ridiculous claim from Charter. I'd probably actually lean a bit more to lynching Charter right now. Just happend to target Shotty? (who he's been tunneling on.) With a roleblock? Yeah... it just looks too convenient for me.

Anyway... I'll give a brief rundown of how I see everyone in the game.

Col. C - Pretty much confirmed town with the way he counterclaimed Hoopla when she fakeclaimed.

d3x - I haven't really seen anything from him that looks all that suspicious. His reaction to the hammer yesterday seemed reasonable to me, and his vote on MIC was very early and seems unlikely to have been a bus.

RC - Reaction to the Sotty kill seems off, but I don't seem all that much that really points me either way on his alignment. I'd probably say neutral right now

Charter - All about Shotty prior to his death, until Hoopla's fake claim came into play moving his vote. This looks opportunistic in hindsight. That plus the tracking result on him and the fact that I don't believe his claim makes me think he's likely scum.

Bio Hazard - Lurky player slot. Scummy hammer on Hoopla. His reaction and his rational acceptance of the suspicion on him for what he did do redeem him a little... but I still don't like the play from this slot.

Locke - Lurky and very little in the way of vote patterns to analyze when it comes to him. I find this frustrating when trying to get a read on him, and it gives me a worrying feeling that this play might be tweed mafia all over again.

I think that's everyone. I know I shouldn't have put this off for as long as I did. My lack of activity has been absolutely inexcusable. I've found it difficult to motivate myself to post in mafia in general and I don't really know why... It's no excuse for my play here up to this point though. I'll make my best effort to stay active in this game from here on out.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:45 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I have to say d3x that using meta to push for my lynch is pretty weak. Your meta read consists of only two games that you've actually played with me and doesn't take into account the at least 20-30 games I've played over my life in mafia scum. In rebuttal to your meta arguments, I would suggest reading newbie 846. The truth of it is that my play has been pretty lurky in general across the site. (I think I'm playing 3-4 games right now with roughly the same activity level.) I'm pretty burned out, and I'm planning to take a break once my current games are completed... or at the very least, greatly reducing my game load.

Anyway yeah, with that said, I prefer lynching Charter today. After what happened yesterday, I'm not in a rush to put him at lynch -1 though. I'm not really liking his tunneling of Shotty in hindsight, nor the fact that the actions he claims to have used with his claim happen to be pretty weak vs the alternatives of what he could have done, and also happen to not provide the town with any real information.

My 2nd preference would be Bio. That quick hammer still doesn't sit well with me. His early posts to start off the day seemed pretty reasonable. His latest defence is WIFOM. Overall, none of it really moves me that much. The only doubts I have of him being scum would be his general experience level, the mistakes could just be newbie play.

3rd preference would be Locke. His lack of voting patterns don't really inspire me. Looking at his play overall, he hasn't really stood out to me until recently with Charter's claim situation either, and I have to wonder if it's by design. Out of sight our of mind afterall. His overall play just doesn't feel very proactive to me.

With all that said, I'm gonna
FOS
charter for now, but I hold off turning that into a vote until the town is satisfied with the discussion for the day so that an opportunity for another quick hammer isn't opened up.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:58 am

Post by Zachrulez »

d3x wrote:
His early posts to start off the day seemed pretty reasonable.
Which Day are you refering to? Today? Or his entrance yesterday
Today.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:52 am

Post by Zachrulez »

d3x wrote:@Zach- If you have anything you want to say, I suggest you say it. I'm waiting for C.C tomorrow and then I'm Hammering.
Sorry, I was out for the weekend.

I don't see any issue with hammering Charter at this point. Locke's reasoning for unvoting and his points against you just don't make any sense to me at all. His latest actions are just adding to my uneasy feeling of him, as it just feels like an attempt to stall a Charter lynch (who's clearly the most suspicious player.) and cast suspicion on someone else.

Vote: Charter

That puts him back at lynch -1.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:51 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I think there is a much clearer consensus on Charter now.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:55 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Plus on top of that Charter sat at lynch -1 for a decent amount of time despite my position and was not quick hammered... so... yeah.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (isolation #11) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:40 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Locke, my stance on a charter lynch was affected by your unvote. I found the timing odd.

My main issue with it is that you're pulling off of it, and claiming a scummy read on d3x. That bothers me. It bothers me because I have a strong town read on d3x and I don't see your case.

I'd even go as far as to say that d3x is probably the worst choice for a lynch today.

I just don't really understand how pursuing d3x at this juncture is really going to get us anywhere.

The only other lynches that seem to have any real chance of happening other than Charter are myself and BH. Personally, BH would be my 2nd preference for a lynch today, mainly because I find his play toward the way he ended day 2 to be questionable.

That's pretty much where I'm at. I started the day a bit cautious due to the fact that Hoopla was previously hammered in a lightning fast fashion, but since Charter has reached lynch -1 and remained there through all this. My concerns about a quick hammer have gone for the most part. Seeing the lack of that hammer and a little more caution then we saw in the previous day phase, I'm a bit more content with a hammer on Charter now than I was a bit earlier in the day.

I just get the sense from your play that you're sizing up future lynches and it's just twinging my gut. You've explained your position though, and if you do genuinely want to rethink things... fair enough I guess.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:57 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I'm just a vanilla townie
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Yeah, it does.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Zachrulez »

What a monumental disaster from night 2 as well...
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:53 am

Post by Zachrulez »

d3x wrote:Zach, you were the remaining Scum?
Yeah. We never seem to end up on the same side do we?

We REALLY needed MIC for this one, that lynch was devastating.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Locke Lamora wrote:Well played town, apologies if I threw anyone off with my charter rethink and d3x hunch on D3! CC made a great track on charter and with the MIC lynch on top, Zach's position was pretty difficult.

Zach: can I ask why you didn't kill CC on N2?
We were worried there might be a doctor.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Nikanor wrote:Sorry for replacing out, guys. I ended up getting quite busy irl and wasn't able to spend as much time on this site as I had hoped to.
Good job town! I think the setup was imbalanced toward the town, but I always think the setup is imbalanced against my team. ;) I probably would have made the scum RB into a disabler that was able to block both the town RB and Hoopla's dayvig.
I think the prs favored the town. Dayvig is a really powerful role, so is a town roleblocker.

Most newer mods don't seem to realize just how powerful a town roleblocker is. The first time I modded a game (Not here.) I used a town roleblocker unaware of how much damage the role was capable of doing. (It ended up crippling my scumteam and sk.)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”