Suffer
Suffer
Townie
Suffer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by Suffer »

AlmasterGM wrote:If there isn't at least 1 scum on this wagon right now I'd be shocked.
So, you get put to L-2 and all you have to say is that completely useless statement? Happy with my vote for now.
Tom wrote:Suffer, Suave, did you dudes know you were putting him at L-3 and L-2 respectively? And how did that make you
feeeeeel
?
Yes, and uh...good? Do you feel that putting someone at L-3 is important and/or noteworthy?
Suffer
Suffer
Townie
Suffer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:19 pm

Post by Suffer »

AlmasterGM wrote:Your edgy sarcasm isn't very pro-town. Neither are your warentless voting and bad arguments.
First off, it's warrantless.

Anyway, that's remarkably stupid. I'm pretty sure everyone's vote at the beginning of the game has no justification. It's just that some people choose to dress it up with a fanciful reason.

And bad arguments? I'm assuming you're referring to my only other comment besides my vote, which only stated your comment was useless, and it still is. You're willing to wager that out of 5 people voting for you in a 12 person game, that at least one of them is scum. Now did you just pull that from your Probability 101 book, or are you just psychic? Regardless, my comment holds.

All that aside, I'd love for you to show me an example of a good argument, considering that we're essentially on the first page of this game. It almost seems like you just cobbled a few reasons together to cover up a OMGUS vote. It's cute.
Suffer
Suffer
Townie
Suffer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by Suffer »

Diamondilium wrote:Suffer, why did you originally vote Almaster?
For reactions, and I hate the RVS. A bandwagon accomplishes both, so I contributed to it.

I have a neutral read on AlmasterGM right now, and scummy vibes from Diamondilium and MrSuave. The former for unvoting from the wagon, making it seem like he was being townie even though AlmasterGM wasn't in any real danger, and the latter for this:
MrSuave wrote:I was just randomly picking somone for a random reason
And the random person you picked happened to be at L-3? I find it hard to believe that the choice was random. It just seems like you're trying to absolve yourself of fault for putting him at L-2.
Suffer
Suffer
Townie
Suffer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by Suffer »

qax42 wrote:That sounds like a thought-out justification to me
That depends what you take justification to mean. If you take it to mean having a reason, then yes, my vote was justified. But by that definition, everyone's vote is justified, because everyone has a reason when they vote, whether it's how their name looked or what came up when they rolled the dice.

When I said justified, I meant well-grounded. I wasn't voting AlmasterGM because I thought him to be scum, but rather to continue a bandwagon.
qax42 wrote:You also say "I hate the RVS" and that "A bandwagon accomplishes both". Both what? And if you hate the RVS, why vote?
To your first point, both is in regards to reactions and leaving the RVS. Having an early bandwagon helps to quickly leave the RVS, as it starts discussion and you can start getting information from people.

As for your second point, because my vote is a tool. There's no reason for me not to use all tools available to me just because I happen not to like this certain stage of the game.
Suffer
Suffer
Townie
Suffer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by Suffer »

Ah, I did miss that.
llamaeatataco wrote:Suffer, why do you think he put it on him. Maybe to pressure him?
I would assume so, but the fact that he said it was random is what bothered me. He had to know there was a bandwagon on him. It just seems like he's playing the ignorance card. Which leads me to this:
llamaeatataco wrote: Also, your accusation, and the assumption that putting someone at l-2 is a bad thing, is strange. Also, the contradiction between 'even though almastergm wasn't in any real danger' and 'absolve yourself of fault for putting him at l-2' is weird...-er.
Those two points came from two separate mindsets. I said he wasn't in any real danger because, well, he wasn't. Two scum could have quickhammered him, but that would be remarkably bad play on their part. The "absolve yourself of fault" was said by me as a suggestion for MrSuave's actions. I was thinking that MrSuave said that his L-2 vote was random because in his mind, putting someone there could be seen as suspicious, and he was trying to give himself an excuse.
Torqez wrote:I don't see it as Suffer contradicting himself. Infact, I too have just for the sake of it bandwagoned people to guage reactions and progress the game.

However, Suffer, you have a great post above mine about using tools! I'm going to use mine too!
Great! So that means you know that saying you're voting for someone just for the sake of putting more votes on them does nothing to progress the game because you're not putting any real pressure on them, right? Er, guess not.

If you have a reason, that's great. If you don't, that's alright, too, but don't just go out and say your vote is only there because you want me to have more votes. It makes you look pretty dumb.
Suffer
Suffer
Townie
Suffer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Suffer »

Just posting to let people know I'm still here. Holidays and all that, I'll be back on Monday.
Suffer
Suffer
Townie
Suffer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Suffer »

Alright, I'm back. First off,
unvote, vote: Torqez
Torqez wrote:Oh, name calling. How great!
Oh, avoiding answering for your actions. How great!

All you did was dismiss that as a personal attack, which it wasn't. How about you actually respond this time, instead of brushing it aside?

I'm also getting bad vibes from MrSuave. AlmasterGM's post 90 sums up my feelings on MrSuave's post 89 pretty well. And then you go and say that it's the scummiest thing you've done this game. I'm not really sure what to make of that.

Other notes:

- AK47x2's post 111 struck me oddly, just throwing out suspicion with no explanation. He went through all of them in a later post, however, so I don't really have a problem with it.

- llamaeatataco's post 112 was ...interesting. Curious to see AlmasterGM's response to it.

If I missed anything people wanted me to respond to, just let me know.
Suffer
Suffer
Townie
Suffer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by Suffer »

Sorry about not posting and whatnot. Holiday season and all that jazz. Anyway...

Both Torqez and MrSuave need to die. I can't make much of a case on Torqez other than what's been posted. Hell, he never responded to my initial question to him.

MrSuave, on the other hand, has been posting a bit more. But the content is non-existant.
MrSuave wrote:/confirm
MrSuave wrote:vote: AlmasterGM for being a pokemon!
Confirmation/random vote
MrSuave wrote:that is true, you are a pokemon. but it's not as daunting as a big bright pikachu. and your pokemon picture is pretty cute xD. at any rate... putting someone at L-2 in RMS, and how I feel. well I feel pretty okay with it. I was just randomly picking somone for a random reason, but if I really felt like pika was in imediate danger, I wouldn't have put my vote on him.
Useless/defending L-2 vote placed on AlmasterGM...well, defending implies information. How MrSuave feels about it is more accurate.
MrSuave wrote:well, for one thing, it was a purely random vote. I didn't even count the votes before I voted. I thought I had said that before.

anyway, what I think about suffer?

---> "That depends what you take justification to mean. If you take it to mean having a reason, then yes, my vote was justified. But by that definition, everyone's vote is justified, because everyone has a reason when they vote, whether it's how their name looked or what came up when they rolled the dice.

When I said justified, I meant well-grounded. I wasn't voting AlmasterGM because I thought him to be scum, but rather to continue a bandwagon." <---

that rubs me wrong, I'm not going to lie. so I'm going to go ahead an unvote vote: suffer
This might be your most content-full post this game. I have a problem with it, however, and I'll get to it in a bit.
MrSuave wrote:so what you're saying is:
if he is town, I am scum
if he is scum, I am scum

that's not a very good way of thinking.
Not really arguing the points, just the conclusion derived. And not really arguing, just commenting.
MrSuave wrote:hm.... probably the switch to suffer I suppose. everything else is pretty mild compared to that I guess
And here's the rub. What can be argued as your most important post this game is described by you as your scummiest post this game. Everything else is pretty mild, because everything else is filler.
MrSuave wrote:I suppose you could say that, yes. But it hasn't been a very long game so far.
Admitting to doing nothing pro-town this game. Not exactly the best way to help the town.
MrSuave wrote:whaaaaat!? #2 on the most scummy list? I didn't think people thought that badly of me so soon D:
I can't imagine why, with how useful your posts have been this game.
MrSuave wrote:was there really somthing to defend?
Filler, content-less, etc.
MrSuave wrote:well, I don't see how voting me is useful.
This is wholly useless to say, unless the scum are forced to say that voting them is useful. Otherwise, filler, content-less, etc.
MrSuave wrote:D: that is a true statement. I believe that I won as scum due to that. BUT that was because I had no idea what to do, and it was my first game, and it wasn't a noob game either. I'm not scum, but that argument doesn't work anyway xD. let me so a quick skim and I'll post some thoughts before I go to bed. sound good? it's almost 6pm here so that gives me 6 hours from the time I post this to post my thoughts.
Thanks for clarifying you're not scum. I was worried there for a sec. The irony here is that you're commenting on how you won due to lurking as scum, while you're lurking in this game.
MrSuave wrote:first, I agree that maybe right before Christmas was a bad time to start a game, but then again, that's not fair to those who don't celebrate it. (you're missing out btw =p)

I don't really think that I "lurked" that game(the second link). I mean, I was a vig, and I had my suspicions, and I made it clear who I was targeting. I did lead the town into disaster the second night by killing the doc, but hey. we all mess up right? and to be fair, he didn't really defend himself against me. actually he ignored my warning vote all together. =/ (btw I can give links to my other games if that helps, but some of them are pretty bad ^_^Wink

at anyrate, most of my games I'm accused of lurking. so I wouldn't say that it constitutes a scum tell. and that was my only scum game. it was also my first game on this site, and I was "thrown" into it by my friend who got me on this site. in the Korlash game he is Nikanor. I was used to playing RL mafia, and not mafia where people can go back and look at what you said before. and also my scum partners were retarded, and the first one gave the other one away. so yes, I tried to stay below the radar on that one xD. but every other game, I've been town. I'll give you a link to show you where I lead the town to victory! and then I can show you where I epic phail. but yeah, there ja go.

as for who I think is scum atm, I don't really have any strong negative vibes from anyone personally. if I do, I'll let ya know.
That's a really big quote. It must have a lot of game analysis in it, since you said in the previous post you were going to post your thoughts. Wait, you mean everything in that big post sans the last two sentences is completely irrelevant to this game? Why, that's not helpful at all! And even the last two sentences are worthless. They're completely non-committal, not showing any suspicion. Town has no reason not to ruffle feathers and throw some accusations around to stir the pot. Scum do.

So, there's MrSuave's entire posting history. Maybe a couple more votes will help you be more productive.

unvote, vote: MrSuave
Suffer
Suffer
Townie
Suffer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by Suffer »

MrSuave wrote:I also said that I was accused of lurking in all my games >_> why did you leave that out?
Because it's completely irrelevant to this game.
MrSuave wrote:Christmas and New Years had just ended, so sorry I have a family and stuff.
Appeal to emotion. And a poor one at that. My case has nothing to do with a lack of you posting. If that were so, I would seem a tad hypocritical. My case has to do with a lack of you posting content. You went out of your way enough to check the thread and post, but not enough to actually provide information.
MrSuave wrote:also, those posts about me doing nothing pro town were when the game was very slw and fairly new.
What do you think is the most pro-town thing you've done this game?
MrSuave wrote:I don't like that breakdown at all, and it makes things sound worse than they are.
Then feel free to go through it and post any points of contention.
Suffer
Suffer
Townie
Suffer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Suffer »

Just letting everyone know, I'm back at college. This might hurt my posting rate.
AlmasterGM wrote:Seriously, what the fuck? Why didn't MrSuave claim Nurse?
Yeah, that's really strange. Unless he didn't know he was a nurse, but that's a weird condition for that role.
Flareonage wrote:I read through Raskol's post and he pushed for a Mr. Suave Lynch the WHOLE time. In almost every post he tried his best to convince people to vote for Mr. Suave because ?"he is lurking and that is scummy". He then provided proof based on past games. 1 was lurking as scum and 1 was lurking as town. That means Mr. Suave had no greater chance of being scum then the rest of us. That meta doesn't count since the behavior is the same. This tunneling got mr. suave lynched and Raskol was the hammer.
I would have less problem with you having this viewpoint if your first real post in the game wasn't you trying to hammer MrSuave. Saying this after the fact looks suspicious as hell to me. You didn't even bother mentioning any of these reservations, you just voted for him.

The main thrust of your argument is he got a townie lynched. Last time I checked, so did you, along with over half the town. I was going to vote Torqez's successor to start the day, but you jumped up my list.
vote: Flareonage

Speaking of that,
Lastsurvivor wrote:Tis half of the players, thus saying that scum is probably in there somewhere.
Wow, you're willing to venture that out of over half the town, there might be scum present? I bet it's raining somewhere in the world, too.
Lastsurvivor wrote:He was a pretty smart townie, so I think his thoughts are worth considering.
What? What does that mean?
Lastsurvivor wrote:I can make some speculations about people he thought were suspicious, but those are generally murky.
So his thoughts are worth considering, but not to the point of making speculations. That's a whole lot of nothing you just said there.
Peabody wrote:I'm down with a bandwagon. Raskol and Suffer are my top suspicions right now.
Mind clarifying?
llamaeatataco wrote:also, I'm slightly suspicious of Flareon, but I can't clarify that atm without giving things away or whatever.
Uh...what?
Suffer
Suffer
Townie
Suffer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:44 pm

Post by Suffer »

Sorry about the delay between posts. I've caught up.

Flareonage, at least make yourself useful in some capacity. Post a suspicion list, add some more information to this game.
AlmasterGM wrote:My take on Suffer is that he's either an asshole or scum. Since he suddenly decided to stop being an asshole, I'm heavily leaning towards the latter.
I'm flattered. I'm assuming you're calling me an asshole from my attack of you day 1. I usually argue like that to piss the other person off. Hopefully, if they're scum, they slip up and post something incriminating.

I didn't have much of a case on you, so I really had nothing to go on other than getting you to say something. MrSuave and Flareonage, on the other hand, were/are blatantly anti-town. I'm not so much trying to get something out of them as I am just displaying their awful play in a shortened form.
Peabody wrote:Suffer, can you please explain your spat with Almaster toward the beginning of day one? You said that you voted for Almaster to gauge his reaction, but then later you said you didn't think he was scum/had a neutral read on him. Why did you keep your vote on him for so long, especially when you were vocal about your suspicions on MrSuave and Torqez?
I didn't vote him because I thought he was scum. It was a RVS bandwagon that got a lot of people on it, and getting pressure on someone early is a good way to get out of the RVS. He got to L-2, made a post I thought was a bit odd, and I attacked him for it. I just wanted to see how he responded to it. The way he responded, in addition to his other actions in the game at the time, gave me a not scum read on him.

As for why my vote stayed on AlmasterGM for so long, it was because I wasn't sure who to switch it to. Looking back on it, it doesn't make any sense for me to keep my vote there, but that's what happened.
Peabody wrote:So what is it? L-2 is threatening or L-3 is not noteworthy??
The quote of mine you posted does not say at all that L-3 is not noteworthy.

As for the case on Peabody, I have to re-read. I'll post my thoughts on it in a day or so.
Suffer
Suffer
Townie
Suffer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #333 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Suffer »

Peabody wrote:Really quick random question: Is Suffer really going to be replaced? Bahh. I hate that this thread isn't massively active.
I certainly hope not. I haven't been the most active person here by far, but I am here.
AlmasterGM wrote:Seriously, if we could just lynch Flareonage, this game could get rolling.
This.

Flareonage, I don't know how you expect people to think you're town when the extent of your cases on anybody now is a feeble appeal to emotion on AlmasterGM for supposedly tunneling on you. Read through the game and provide some analysis of each player.

As for the case on Peabody, it seems like the crux of why he's suspicious is that he jumps on to the Raskol wagon that Flareonage started without giving reasoning and without voicing suspicion of Raskol previously. After looking it over, I'm just not seeing it as scummy.

He jumped onto a bad bandwagon early on providing no reasoning. There are three possible scenarios: Peabody is scum and Raskol is town, Peabody is scum and Raskol is scum, or Peabody is town and is unaware of Raskol's alignment. The first makes absolutely zero sense to me. If he was trying to push a townie lynch, he scores in the negative for effort. Bad case, and he jumps on early providing no additional information to sway other people to vote for Raskol. The second scenario is more interesting. If Peabody thinks the wagon will fail, he could jump on it, knowing it wouldn't really put Raskol in danger, with the added effect of distancing themselves from each other. The third scenario looks the most likely to me. He wanted to add pressure to Raskol, saw a vote on him, and joined in on it.
Suffer
Suffer
Townie
Suffer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #387 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by Suffer »

Just posting to say I didn't die. Not really too much to talk about until everybody claims.
Suffer
Suffer
Townie
Suffer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #414 (isolation #15) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Suffer »

bv310 wrote:That post seems a bit scummy. And by a bit, I mean a lot.
I can't help but agree.
vote: llamaeatataco

Also, while I'm here, and since it looks like we're just claiming now, I'm a vanilla townie.
Suffer
Suffer
Townie
Suffer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #422 (isolation #16) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by Suffer »

llamaeatataco wrote:Suffer being of average skill.
I'm flattered, truly.
llamaeatataco wrote:The interesting thing here is that Suffer provides no reason
The interesting thing here is that you ignored my reason. I didn't add anything new, but that doesn't mean it is without reason. I agreed with bv310 that you asking those questions about his role is really weird considering you claimed vanilla townie.

You claim that you asked that question to get more information and clear up his role. I don't see how that gets more information, unless you're talking solely about the logistics of his role, in which case I'm curious why that interests you given your claim.

You also said you've been burned before by assuming things, which you use as another reason for saying that. How does that extra knowledge change your play or in any way alter what you have been doing?
AlmasterGM wrote:Yeah, so, this wagon is moving WAY too fast and needs to slow down. Now.
I agree. llama is at L-2 right now. He doesn't need any more votes right now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”